PDA

View Full Version : Steelers beat up ravens, is it Karma?

Stevo
01-20-2009, 09:18 AM
There it was, on national television: the Pittsburgh Steelers completely dominating the Baltimore ravens in the AFC Championship Game. And this game was for all the marbles… a trip to Super Bowl XLIII.

And how did it end? With Steelers Free Safety Ryan Clark punishing Ravens running back Willis McGahee with not just a bone crushing tackle, but a forced fumble to boot. And insult to injury, it was a game ending, season ending explosion against the ravens.

Do I feel bad for any player that gets hurt?

Well, first lets revisit what Baltimore people said when it happened to a Steeler player. Here is a post from a ravens forum called "Blogimore" regarding Steelers Rashard Mendenhall and his season-ending injury:

------------------------

Ravens bounty on Rashard Mendenhall?

It has been suggested that Baltimore's defense had a bounty out on Pittsburgh's rookie running back, Rashard Mendenhall. Actually, "suggested" is not entirely accurate. Confirmed is more like it.

T-Sizzle, my nizzle: "The bounty was out on him and the bounty was out on [Ward] -- we just didn't get him between the whistles."

NFL's official take: "That 'bounty' notion is completely against the rules. To the extent that someone is engaged in that activity, we will look into it and address it. Yes, we've seen the comments and we're trying to determine the completeness of the circumstances."

Blogimore's official take: If you're a rookie running back foolish enough to send a text message talking trash to Baltimore's defense before your first-ever match-up with Ray Ray and his squad of bone crushers, then you've got it coming.

------------------------

Well, if that is how they feel… then I say Karma is a b!%ch. What did Hines Ward say... "What better way than to beat up on Baltimore. They asked for us, and they got us!"

I am glad that Mcgahee is well enough to walk out of the hospital... in time to watch the Steelers play in the Super Bowl.

Go Steelers!

klick81
01-20-2009, 09:55 AM
No doubt. GO STEELERS!!!

shevdog
01-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Haha! Tampa, here we come!

markymarc
01-20-2009, 12:38 PM
What did Hines Ward say... "What better way than to beat up on Baltimore. They asked for us, and they got us!"

I love that quote from Hines.

Frankie3521
01-20-2009, 12:49 PM
The better and more aggressive team won, THE STEELERS!!

MaidenIndiana
01-20-2009, 01:10 PM
The more s**t that ratbird fans talk, the more I actually begin to like the bungles fans

hudsonp
01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
best way to get to the superbowl! nothing like beating the ratbirds 3 times!

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
here we come tampa!!

Stevo
01-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Hines Ward quote: "What better way than to beat up on Baltimore. They asked for us, and they got us!"

---yeah, my favorite quote of the year.

kittenfantastico76
01-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Out of both teams I hear the most trash talk coming from the way of the Ravens. I know that the Steelers KNOW they are in for a rough game, as do the Ravens, but it seems like most Steelers interviewed take the high road - they save the trash talk for the locker room.

I listened to an interview with Hines and for the most part he said... we're ready, bring it on. And when they asked him how he felt about the Ravens openly saying they wanted to take him out, he gave them same comment.... bring it on... That's the way you handle this... not by bad mouthing the other team but bringing it on the field.

I feel bad when players get seriously injured... but at the same time this is FOOTBALL... FULL CONTACT... FOOTBALL... not flag or tough football... someone is going to get hurt from time to time.

I've always said.. if the shoe was on the other foot, they'd be cheering if the roles were reversed.. plain and simple.

DACEB
01-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Blogimore's official take: If you're a rookie running back foolish enough to send a text message talking trash to Baltimore's defense before your first-ever match-up with Ray Ray and his squad of bone crushers, then you've got it coming.

If your fool enough to want the team that already sent you packing twice then you've got it coming.

Enjoy the golf guys!! That's the only thing you'll be playing!!