PDA

View Full Version : McFarlanes

Vincent
01-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Inspired by Allstar's stellar work, I tried my hand at a few custom McFarlanes.

Like most people, I look at all the custom figures "out there" and think to myself, "how hard could this be?". Lemme tell you people, customizing McFarlanes is serious work that requires a broad range of skills, a seriously steady hand (fah-git-a-bout-it), and a lot of patience.

To wit, my first is a Ben throwback (Peyton bottom / Eli top). Then a Silverback (Jamal Lewis botton / Ray-Ray top) throwback. Then Dirt (Kevin Mawae repaint). Then a Bettis 96 (Priest Holmes bottom / Jamal top). Then a Bradshaw (essentially a Farve repaint).

This is serious fun, and well worth the work.

I'm learning as I go. And one of the biggest "takeaways" is the appreciation of how skilled the Allstars of the world are. He makes some seriously good stuff.

kmsteelerwr15
01-20-2009, 01:39 PM
not bad for your first time

but i can imagine how tough that is. i wanted to do some myself, but i dont have the artistic ability and maybe even the patience haha

Vincent
01-20-2009, 01:43 PM
not bad for your first time

Thanks KM!!

steelersfanman92
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Those are good, I cant imagine the time and effort you have to have to do that I could never do one of those

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
i think they need to do a Holmes, Hampton, and Harrison figure for the next wave or two. but that's just me. =)

86WARD
01-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Nice work...could i suggest a matte finish?

SteelersMongol
01-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Wow. Not bad 4 a rookie. :wink02: I like the first 2 more. :thumbsup: Keep up the good work.

Vincent
01-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Nice work...could i suggest a matte finish?

Yeah. Believe it or not, that finish comes from a can of "flat" clear. It's frustrating. They're not nearly as shiny in person. Photos exaggerate it.

Allstar
01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Nice work vincent. Best flat spary is testors dull cute it will have zero shine if you clear coat with it.

Vincent
01-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Nice work vincent. Best flat spary is testors dull cute it will have zero shine if you clear coat with it.

Thanks Allstar. Coming from a man that does the quality work you do, that means something.:drink: