PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to see more Mewelde Moore

public - enemy
01-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Moore brings options on 1st and 2nd down compared to 3rd when everyone is going to play the pass based on yardage. The steelers can not afford to drop crucial
passes on february 1, 2009.

Burghfan58
01-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Moore tweaked his ankle in the game. I'm anxious to hear Tomlins injury report at todays press conferance.

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Moore is a fine option on 3rd downs. With FWP healthy it'd be silly to have the inferior RB in there just because he's a better receiver out of the backfield.

public - enemy
01-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Moore is a fine option on 3rd downs. With FWP healthy it'd be silly to have the inferior RB in there just because he's a better receiver out of the backfield.

Moore brings options and did you see willie drop that sure t.d. pass.
If the running game is like it was against the chargers, then you're right no
Moore, I'm not saying start him over Willie.

cubanstogie
01-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I agree if we are playing Ravens, Titans, but against Cardinals we should be able to run therefore Willie is the better RB. I did want to see more Memo in the Ravens game due to our running game ineffective and you saw FWP try to make a reception. I see Willlie going for 100+ . The Panthers were running at will on the first couple of drives but had to abandon it due to getting behind. The Cards can be run on. Philly is a pass happy team with Westbook out of backfield can't compare them with us.

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
no thanks we are fine with FWP right now..

Blitzberg06
01-20-2009, 02:01 PM
I love me some Moore, He has done a lot for us and I think the man deserves more carries IMHO.

AllD
01-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Moore is more of a West Coast back catching short passes out of the backfield. He is also a better 3rd down blocker than FWP. He is a great addition to the team and came from MN via Tomlin.

public - enemy
01-20-2009, 05:52 PM
I think memo is going to be a great back for us. He just needs some more game time. I like to see Tomlin go the tandem back route. Wear down the defense, let them adjust to a 'grind 'em down' back, then put in fresh willy parker and watch the defense try to stop him. If anything, it makes the defense have to learn two backs.

you're a 110% right

UltimateFootballNetwork
01-21-2009, 01:46 AM
I still dont understand this.

Moore had 900+ yards of offense and hardly played in a lot of games. He adds the extra dimension on offense and yet they make no effort to include him in the gameplan.

I dont care how good you think FWP is, how can they not have MM in the gameplan? Add to the fact that FWP is putting out 2.0 ypc for a whole game.

steelreserve
01-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Against the Cardinals, I like our chances with either of them. I hope we use them both -- that'll really keep them guessing.

Hell, Gary Russell could probably come in for stretches and shove the football up their ass. Nothing special on defense there.

Galax Steeler
01-21-2009, 03:56 AM
I would like to see Moore gettting more playing time he is great out of the backfield and can catch but if we can run against them then leave Parker in there but I would like to see them mix it up.

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
If Moore got the bulk of the carries in the Ravens game, the output likely would have dropped to 1.0 YPC.

Admit it, Ultimate, you are Melwelde's dad...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-21-2009, 10:19 AM
If Moore got the bulk of the carries in the Ravens game, the output likely would have dropped to 1.0 YPC.

Admit it, Ultimate, you are Melwelde's dad...
No, he is fellow Tulane Alumni with Moore and has been a fan since college.

Ultimate is a Redskin fan and just registered after the MNF game where Moore had a couple key receptions in the overtime win.

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 10:34 AM
My guess was more fun...

UltimateFootballNetwork
01-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Not sure why it makes a difference. I generally make fact-based, objective arguments. It doesnt change my take that the Steelers offense is harder to defend with a pass catcher in the backfield, a take that is supported by a number of facts.

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Fact: Moore has been 100% all year, and FWP is just now getting healthy. You are comparing an injured RB with a healthy one.

The Duke
01-21-2009, 07:16 PM
No, he is fellow Tulane Alumni with Moore and has been a fan since college.

Ultimate is a Redskin fan and just registered after the MNF game where Moore had a couple key receptions in the overtime win .

I keep forgetting he's a skins fan :doh:

Not sure if that makes it better or worse though....

Hey!! Moore caught more passes than portis, maybe he should be wishing for snyder to make a trade....

HometownGal
01-21-2009, 09:35 PM
I think memo is going to be a great back for us. He just needs some more game time. I like to see Tomlin go the tandem back route. Wear down the defense, let them adjust to a 'grind 'em down' back, then put in fresh willy parker and watch the defense try to stop him. If anything, it makes the defense have to learn two backs.

Agreed. I've been pitching the tandem back option for quite a while. We have the guys to do it, so why not give it a go?