PDA

View Full Version : The Cards Fans...

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 02:30 PM
(I'm guessing this can stay out of the Balst Furnace...could be wrong I guess)

I'm noticing that they are a lot different than we are used to seeing, and it occurred to me that they have no idea what they are doing because they have never even been close to this position before. The old expression "Act like you've been there before" does not apply.

So we should probably give them a bit of a pass. They are really worked up over a little taste of success and they just don't have any idea even how to act. Toss in the fact that there doesn't seem to be an overabundance of general football knowledge from that tiny fanbase and, well, you can kind of understand why we are seeing what we are seeing.

So let's have a heart. The poor guys have no real idea what they and their team are getting into. :wink02:

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I still say screw the trolls!! LMAO

MACH1
01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
But they've improved so much over the past few weeks. Oh wait....:chuckle:

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 02:53 PM
remember the seahawk fans here back in 05? im having a bit of a flashback, only not as extreme. them guys really thought that birdshit dont stink.

i own a bird. it does.

Franco32Harris
01-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I can't wait to see the Cardinals lose!

realdeal
01-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Is the Cardinal's logo the gayest logo ever? :laughing:

SteelTalons
01-20-2009, 03:02 PM
http://kromeblog.kromeboy.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/dont-feed-troll.jpg

It only encourages more. :banging: :chuckle:

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 03:02 PM

No that would go to the browns, WAIT they have no logo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 03:03 PM
(I'm guessing this can stay out of the Balst Furnace...could be wrong I guess)

I'm noticing that they are a lot different than we are used to seeing, and it occurred to me that they have no idea what they are doing because they have never even been close to this position before. The old expression "Act like you've been there before" does not apply.

So we should probably give them a bit of a pass. They are really worked up over a little taste of success and they just don't have any idea even how to act. Toss in the fact that there doesn't seem to be an overabundance of general football knowledge from that tiny fanbase and, well, you can kind of understand why we are seeing what we are seeing.

So let's have a heart. The poor guys have no real idea what they and their team are getting into. :wink02:

I say you have a GREAT defense. GREAT talent. GREAT coaching...
I say we have a GREAT offense. GREAT talent. GREAT coaching...

Yea... that sounds like someone has "never been there before"... please, take pity on me!!

:rofl:

SteelTalons
01-20-2009, 03:04 PM

No this is...

http://www.nflfootballstadiums.com/images/Miami-Dolphins-Logo.gif

Damn... That dolphin look pissed! :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Yea... that sounds like someone has "never been there before"... please, take pity on me!!

How many league championships have you been to lately? Seems to me this is the first since the Truman Administration. You that old? :coffee:

MACH1
01-20-2009, 03:06 PM
No this is......

http://www.tailgating.com/images/Fans/People/Cleveland%20Brownie%20Elf.jpg

redst3
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I say you have a GREAT defense. GREAT talent. GREAT coaching...
I say we have a GREAT offense. GREAT talent. GREAT coaching...

and you are right about that!

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 03:07 PM
No this is......

http://www.tailgating.com/images/Fans/People/Cleveland%20Brownie%20Elf.jpg

HAHAHAHAH man, that is just pathetic. the guy looks like an ELF!

Steelcitygal87
01-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I was over at the Cardinals message boards and actually I saw a lot of good analysis from many of their fans. Most are giving our defense much respect and admiration. I didn't see many people saying they are thinking this game will be a cake walk for the Cards. They should be very proud of their team. And of course they are going to point out what they see as being our weaknesses. They have a VERY good team, that is playing extremely good football right now. They are as pumped and excited as we are, and that is as it should be.

GO STEELERS!! :tt03::tt03:

steelreserve
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM

No, I'm pretty sure this is:

http://www.yardbarker.com/m/6543/xl/old_patriots_logo_retro.jpg

I mean, he's just ready for it.

stlrtruck
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
I still say screw the trolls!! LMAO

:iagree:

stlrtruck
01-20-2009, 03:28 PM
I was over at the Cardinals message boards and actually I saw a lot of good analysis from many of their fans. Most are giving our defense much respect and admiration. I didn't see many people saying they are thinking this game will be a cake walk for the Cards. They should be very proud of their team. And of course they are going to point out what they see as being our weaknesses. They have a VERY good team, that is playing extremely good football right now. They are as pumped and excited as we are, and that is as it should be.

And I ask where are those fans? On there own boards discussing it, I wouldn't mind a few of those types over here.

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM

Whew... glad to see there is at least one level-headed, objective member here...

Thanks for the comments... not sure which board you've been to? The Cards official board is average at best. The better board is at www.arizonasportsfans.com.

Thanks again citygal...

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM
and you are right about that!

Thanks man! It took some deep analysis but I got there!

:thumbsup:

tyler289
01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Whew... glad to see there is at least one level-headed, objective member here...

Thanks for the comments... not sure which board you've been to? The Cards official board is average at best. The better board is at www.arizonasportsfans.com.

Thanks again citygal...

First topic I click on:

"Eagles ranked #3

Steelers ranked #1

I am thinking Eagle's D was better than the Steelers this year.

I am almost positive that the Eagle secondary is better for sure.

I would take Dawk over Poolamoola."

"Harrison and Woodley, got it. Eagles Falcons and Pants play in much tougher divisions. So who have Steelers proved there lofty position against.

Joe Flacco?"

Funny, this clown doesn't seem to realize we played the toughest schedule in the NFL. At least some of the logical fans disagree.

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 04:05 PM
First topic I click on:

"Eagles ranked #3

Steelers ranked #1

I am thinking Eagle's D was better than the Steelers this year.

I am almost positive that the Eagle secondary is better for sure.

I would take Dawk over Poolamoola."

"Harrison and Woodley, got it. Eagles Falcons and Pants play in much tougher divisions. So who have Steelers proved there lofty position against.

Joe Flacco?"

Funny, this clown doesn't seem to realize we played the toughest schedule in the NFL. At least some of the logical fans disagree.

You do realize that we had some Eagles come and invade our board too, right??

tyler289
01-20-2009, 04:08 PM
You do realize that we had some Eagles come and invade our board too, right??

What does that have to do with anything? That was from a guy who was there form 2004 with 25,000 posts.

There's obviously some smart posters but a lot of confidence over there. The fans act like their team has been a powerhouse for years.

"with the 32nd pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Arizona Cardinals select..." thread is hilarious. At least some people were like wtf let's play the game.

TheWarDen86
01-20-2009, 04:12 PM

You are all wrong. This is the undisputed champion of gay logos:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/98/Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_logo_old.svg/200px-Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_logo_old.svg.png

SteelTalons
01-20-2009, 04:13 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/98/Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_logo_old.svg/200px-Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_logo_old.svg.png

Tough call but that beats the Brown Elf IMO. The Elf is just stupid this is actually gay. :coffee:

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 04:15 PM

i am going to have to agree with both of you. yes, the Cardinals could use a new logo. something that resembles a mix between a cardinal and a phonix would be cool and even throw in come orange or something. BUT, that Buccaneers logo is hideous. he looks like Vincent Price...poor logo never stood a chance.

you have to admit, the old Patriots logo is gay too. the position that guy is in...holding the ball ever so gently...that smirk on his face. haha!

NEPAsteeler
01-20-2009, 04:17 PM

You know... I never realized that thing was winking. It's a good thing their logo is actually pretty cool now. Well, I think so anyways.

Steelcitygal87
01-20-2009, 04:17 PM

Thanks again citygal...

You are very welcome.

I enjoyed watching the Cards/ Eagles game on Sunday. Your offensive line was just blowing the Eagles off the ball....very impressive, since the Eagles defense is a very good and physical one. The second half I think that offensive line played a little sluggish and that is why the Eagles were able to get to Warner and make him throw bad passes. The blitzing of the Eagles is what got them back into that game. But your team managed to pull it out in the end. I LOVE Fitzgerald...what concentration he has on the ball! Such a good athlete. He is going to be quite a challenge for our defense. Like I said...much to be proud of with your team. They had their problems along the way...that is for sure...but they stuck together and had faith in each other. Good for them :) Showed a lot of heart , and now they are being rewarded with a chance to win the Super Bowl.

Dawn

MACH1
01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Tough call but that beats the Brown Elf IMO. The Elf is just stupid this is actually gay. :coffee:

Hey, don't be callin Brownie the Elf stupid. :sofunny:

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/07/medium_brownie.jpg

fansince'76
01-20-2009, 04:22 PM

As usual, you are entirely underestimating the Cards... Terrific! Be sure to tell all of your buddies and anyone associated with the Steelers to do the same.

This should be a great game. The best offense in football versus the best defense.
My view is that their is not a defense in the game today that can control the Cards offense for 4 quarters. In short, I see the Cards putting up 30 points at a minimum. So the question will become, can the Steelers score on a pace equal to the Cards?

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/a-steeler-fans-assessment-of-the-superbowl-127794.html#post1933183

I see you like to whine and play the "no respect" card over there as much as you have here. At least you're consistent. There was NOTHING disrespectful about what Preacher posted. You think you're going to put up 30+ on us? With no running game to keep our pass rush honest? Good luck with that, buddy. :laughing:

steelreserve
01-20-2009, 04:26 PM

Yikes. I never looked close enough to notice he was actually winking.

The only thing I've got left that would even come close would be this, although alas, it's only a fictional team in a movie:

http://images.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazo4OV9GLmpwZ3x sb2FkPUwxLGh0dHA6Ly9pbWFnZXM5LmNhZmVwcmVzcy5jb20va W1hZ2UvMTQ0Njg3MzlfNDAweDQwMC5qcGd8fHNjYWxlPUwxLDE 1MywxNTMsV2hpdGV8Y29tcG9zZT1ibGFuayxMMSxBZGQsMTY0L DEwM3xjcD1yZXN1bHQsYmxhbmt8c2NhbGU9cmVzdWx0LDAsNDg wLFdoaXRlfGNvbXByZXNzaW9uPTk1fA==

SteelTalons
01-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Thanks again citygal...

I looked at that board. Half of them were saying the media coverage wasnt giving them proper respect... Please what MEDIA are you guys looking at. I'd much rather look at that than this idiot mess thats claiming the Cardinals have a chance.

The only thing I saw was a buncha guys comparing the Cardinals to the Colts and Patriots like they are an offense only team or something. And that its all about balance and while we were a good defense the cardinals could pick us apart... Really? So they are claiming that our offense and special teams are bad and our defense is just good not great?

If you wanna talk about level headed we are speaking with numbers and results not in the feel good, high five, we got here be cause we are the best shit. The Cardinals got HANDED the NFC conference title.

MJ5150
01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
With a few exceptions, the opposing team fans we would all really enjoy chatting with don't generally run around the internet flooding the opposing teams message boards. They stay on their teams board and talk about their team with fellow fans, like we do. I know I don't do it. I talk about my Steelers right here with my fellow members of Steeler Nation.

So when these jokers show up on our board every week, it is a very small sampling of the real fans from that team.

-Mike

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 04:32 PM
don't you hate that? haha!

MaidenIndiana
01-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Ignorance is no excuse. F**K the Cards and their fans:wave:

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Ignorance is no excuse. F**K the Cards and their fans:wave:

i love the nice little polite wave on the end of that. haha!

CPanther95
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
you have to admit, the old Patriots logo is gay too. the position that guy is in...holding the ball ever so gently...that smirk on his face. haha!

That's a football ?!? Well that's not nearly as gay as I thought. I always thought he was getting ready to mount a hedgehog.

Texasteel
01-20-2009, 05:10 PM
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/a-steeler-fans-assessment-of-the-superbowl-127794.html#post1933183

I see you like to whine and play the "no respect" card over there as much as you have here. At least you're consistent. There was NOTHING disrespectful about what Preacher posted. You think you're going to put up 30+ on us? With no running game to keep our pass rush honest? Good luck with that, buddy. :laughing:

Well,,,, that guy lost all credibility, if he ever had any.

wvsportsman
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
remember the seahawk fans here back in 05? im having a bit of a flashback, only not as extreme. them guys really thought that birdshit dont stink.

i own a bird. it does.
Steelers will own these birds too!!

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 05:41 PM
i remember Seattle when they made their first and last Super Bowl appearance versus the Steelers. the same will happen to the Cardinals.

atleast the first timers to the big dance get to doo wop with the big boys! haha!

IAWarnerFan
01-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I don't know where this is coming from. I've done nothing but give respect to your rich history and team on this forum. I even admitted that your Steelers will probably win this game. Yet, you still feel like grouping us all together? :noidea:

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Your Cards are a cute little team. They deserve some admiration. They made it to the big game. Hopefully they'll at least make it interesting.

But you are just one fan among many.

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't know where this is coming from. I've done nothing but give respect to your rich history and team on this forum. I even admitted that your Steelers will probably win this game. Yet, you still feel like grouping us all together? :noidea:
dont sweat it man. you could claim the steelers would beat your team by 14 points and half the people here would still probably treat you like a moron for being a fan of another team.

many of those remaining would probably call you the greatest non-steeler fan ever for predicting a steeler win. :noidea:

kinda "damned if you do, damned if you dont".

enjoy your stay :drink:

IAWarnerFan
01-20-2009, 10:15 PM
dont sweat it man. you could claim the steelers would beat your team by 14 points and half the people here would still probably treat you like a moron for being a fan of another team.

many of those remaining would probably call you the greatest non-steeler fan ever for predicting a steeler win. :noidea:

kinda "damned if you do, damned if you dont".

enjoy your stay :drink:

I can understand that. Thanks! :smile: