PDA

View Full Version : gotta love FOX news- "obama not the president?"

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
they were reporting... well actually practically begging an offering hopes of wishful thinking, that because obama butchered his acception oath, that he may not actually be the president.

they were calling for it to go to supreme court.

after they brought it up for a 2nd time i figured it was trash not worth watching.

in the meantime CNN commissioned a sattelite to take outer space images of the crowd at the washington memorial mall and parade route. my dad (who works for NASA) flies that sattelite and snapped those shots.

much cooler. :thumbsup:

SteelCurtain7
01-20-2009, 03:25 PM
BHO pulled a W? :rofl:

SteelTalons
01-20-2009, 03:25 PM
they were reporting... well actually practically begging an offering hopes of wishful thinking, that because obama butchered his acception oath, that he may not actually be the president.

after they brought it up for a 2nd time i figured it was trash not worth watching.

in the meantime CNN commissioned a sattelite to take outer space images of the crowd at the washington memorial mall and parade route. my dad (who works for NASA) flies that sattelite and snapped those shots.

FOX wears stuff out. They'll bitch for an hour then a new guy will come on repeat the crap. They talk about liberal media all the time on MSNBC and yet they are just as bad on FOX by blasting the exact opposite bull all day, neo-con crap. CNN seems more neutral... IMO.

Most people are in the middle yet FOX nor MSNBC seems to realize that.

ShutDown24
01-20-2009, 03:38 PM
That's actually an interesting question. Whether or not his inception to the presidency was legitimate being dependant on the oath. However, we all know that it is just a formality and nothing could come of it; more of just a unique question. And in fact, it wasn't Obama who messed the oath up anyway - it was the Chief Justice. But I'm not going to blame a news station for reporting a possibility. Other stations, a lot of other stations actually, are blatantly liberal in their political coverage. So what? You didn't like it so you changed the channel - good for you. I don't find any type of relevance or reason for starting a thread on it.

I’m sorry if this seems harsh, but it’s like every little chance someone gets to stir the pot politically here they do it. And quite frankly, it’s pretty annoying. I mean… for one day could we just enjoy a fresh start for this country without any bitching? Good god.

PisnNapalm
01-20-2009, 04:13 PM
We are officially hosed as a nation.

Take stock of how your life is now and compare it to 4 years from now. Pay particular attention to your taxes and personal freedoms. Those of you who own firearms... Buy ammo now, while you still can.

kittenfantastico76
01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? Gosh, leave it to FOX. The fact is the guy telling Obama what to say got just as turned around as he did... give me a break!

If this was true than most marriages wouldn't be valid, I can't count the number of times I've been to weddings and they say vows incorrectly... or when people swear on a bible in court...

KeiselPower99
01-20-2009, 05:08 PM

Take stock of how your life is now and compare it to 4 years from now. Pay particular attention to your taxes and personal freedoms. Those of you who own firearms... Buy ammo now, while you still can.

Amen brother!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
So what? You didn't like it so you changed the channel - good for you. I don't find any type of relevance or reason for starting a thread on it.

Iím sorry if this seems harsh, .

"harsh"??? :laughing: hardly.

if you dont like it, you can always choose not to read the thread, right? i can understand.... you wouldnt mind so much if you werent a mccain supporter. :noidea:

as for the relevancy, theres a major news network insinuating the current presedincy is a fraud and a sham based on a non-existant technicality.

get over it. the people have voted. :coffee:

PAMillerGrrl83
01-20-2009, 06:17 PM

Oh my Lord you have got to be kidding me, how much of the debates and what not did you even watch?? And seriousley are guns THAT IMPORTANT to your life?? DO you feel the need to defend yourself with these "guns" that Obama is taking away? Seriousey??:noidea:

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Retarded. If I was Obama, I'd just have the Chief Justice re-administer the oath and quell this nonsense now.

Borski
01-20-2009, 06:49 PM
I was watching CBS when Bush was flying to Andrews AFB and they couldnt stop bashing the former President. So I changed the channel, no big deal.

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 06:54 PM
I was watching CBS when Bush was flying to Andrews AFB and they couldnt stop bashing the former President. So I changed the channel, no big deal.

Really? That's awful. I was watching PBS. They are the closest thing left to unbiased.

xfl2001fan
01-21-2009, 07:41 AM
While upset that the man couldn't get the Oath right...it has no relevency on his taking the office. He fumbled a few words...and was likely a bit nervous/excited now that the campaigning is officially over (yeah, he won it a while ago, but it's got to be a surreal feeling when it does finally happen.)

Then again, I nearly have the oath memorized myself...and if I was going to ever become the President (though that will never happen as I don't have the right temperment/intellectfor politics) I'd be damn sure to get that simple phrase corerctly.

We have to memorize the NCO Creed before we leave our NCOES (and it is significantly longer).

tony hipchest
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
While upset that the man couldn't get the Oath right...it has no relevency on his taking the office. He fumbled a few words...and was likely a bit nervous/excited now that the campaigning is officially over.turns out, obama had it memorized all along. it was the dude reading it to him who kept screwing up. obama (being the fine lawyer he is) didnt wanna repeat the incorrect oath. he definitely looked ticked, and waited a breif moment for him to get it right.

he apologized to obama afterwords.

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 10:14 AM
If FOX news was halfway intelligent. They would know that OBAMA is legally the President at Noon. None of the other stuff really matters. The guy doing the oath put the word Faithfully in the wrong place and Obama corrected him.

I watch MSNBC, CNN and FOX to get every perspective. But FOX is just childish sometimes. Its about the United States of America. Not Donkey and Elephant. The sooner they figure that out. The sooner republicans can rebuild their party and move in the right direction.

Hammer67
01-21-2009, 10:31 AM
If FOX news was halfway intelligent. They would know that OBAMA is legally the President at Noon. None of the other stuff really matters. The guy doing the oath put the word Faithfully in the wrong place and Obama corrected him.

I watch MSNBC, CNN and FOX to get every perspective. But FOX is just childish sometimes. Its about the United States of America. Not Donkey and Elephant. The sooner they figure that out. The sooner republicans can rebuild their party and move in the right direction.

In all fairness...NBC leans to the left....so the media in general, not just Fox, have issues. This is why I avoid most of it....I watch the major events and turn off commentators.

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 11:03 AM
oh yeah i tottally agree. MSNBC is as Liberal as it gets. Keith Olberman is hardcore Left Wing. Thats why i try to spread it out and see what everyone has to say.

I am a hybrid, Left Wing on Some and Right wing on some issues.

steelreserve
01-21-2009, 11:08 AM

Yeah, good thinking. What would the Supreme Court do, make him read it again?

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
It would be like messing the vowes up at your weddding. Your married before you ever even walk into the church.

westcoastransplant
01-21-2009, 01:16 PM
oh yeah i tottally agree. MSNBC is as Liberal as it gets. Keith Olberman is hardcore Left Wing. Thats why i try to spread it out and see what everyone has to say.

I am a hybrid, Left Wing on Some and Right wing on some issues.

I tried watching a little on MSNBC and I am shocked that Olberman didn't start crying on TV. Between him and Maddow saying over and over what a nightmare the last 8 years have been, I think I'm officially done with TV news. The internet is good enough for me.

xfl2001fan
01-21-2009, 01:20 PM
turns out, obama had it memorized all along. it was the dude reading it to him who kept screwing up. obama (being the fine lawyer he is) didnt wanna repeat the incorrect oath. he definitely looked ticked, and waited a breif moment for him to get it right.

he apologized to obama afterwords.

Right on. My bad then.

My point was the point that many of us have been making (each in our own way) in that it's not really that big of a deal.

I know when I'm a part of re-enlistments or any other oath-giving ceremony, I have the orator take it in slow small steps.

I didn't like that the orator wanted to give it in different sized steps (4 words, then 12 words, then 6 words, etc...) Keep it all together and in a rythm so that it flows. The oath was one of the few parts of the ceremony I actually took an interest in...because I'm weird like that I guess. I know that at one point, BHO was starting to recite and the other guy started talking again...I definitely saw a bit of frustration peek in on BHO's face.

Shame on the oath giver. He should have been reading directly from the page to ensure that there are no inaccuracies...and leaving out any excuses.

Vis
01-21-2009, 02:33 PM
I understand Fox and I understand why the right likes it. I like MSNBC for the same reason. Preaching to the choir pleases the choir.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Here is the deal. No news is balanced. If someone is telling you what happened, they will put their spin on it...period.

Fox, NPR = Conservative

everything else= Liberal

Deal with it.

TheWarDen86
01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
gotta love FOX

In addition: Apparently, FOX sports has the only pole showing that the Steelers are predicted to lose SB XLIII (55% Cards vs 45% Steelers out of 25,000 + votes).

Hmmm.
McCain is from ARZ and The Rooney's supported Obama. Coincidence? We think not.

STILL A REPUBLICAN BY-THE-WAY!!! Just calling it how I see it.

Preacher
01-21-2009, 04:58 PM
"harsh"??? :laughing: hardly.

if you dont like it, you can always choose not to read the thread, right? i can understand.... you wouldnt mind so much if you werent a mccain supporter. :noidea:

as for the relevancy, theres a major news network insinuating the current presedincy is a fraud and a sham based on a non-existant technicality.

get over it. the people have voted . :coffee:

Hmmm. We never saw that in the news before.

:rolleyes:

:coffee:

CaliStillersFan
01-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Someone needs to sue Fox and make them take NEWS out of their name. Nothing of what is on that channel could possibly considered real news. Something like FoxPropaganda would be more realistic.

TheWarDen86
01-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Hmmm. We never saw that in the news before.

:rolleyes:

:coffee:

oooooh Touche!!!! :chuckle:

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 06:48 PM
NPR is not conservative. But they are probably the nearest thing o balanced left, and that's mostly because they try to adhere to the old style of straight reporting minus puff and spin.

Preacher
01-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Someone needs to sue Fox and make them take NEWS out of their name. Nothing of what is on that channel could possibly considered real news. Something like FoxPropaganda would be more realistic.

As long as you include the major networks news coverage. . . sure, plus MSNBC and CNN.

I think it is SO funny that everyone on te left gets so riled up over Fox news, but turns a blind eye to what CBS did, to what Katie Couric did, to the way MSNBC portrays their stories, etc.

Then they wonder why we just quit listening.

tony hipchest
01-21-2009, 09:15 PM
what did katie couric do?

TheWarDen86
01-21-2009, 09:17 PM

heh, besides asking the surviving kids of that mining incident, "Do you miss your Dad. Was he a good man?" :banging:

I'm sorry but she is one ignorant bitch. :mad:

Godfather
01-21-2009, 09:24 PM
NPR is not conservative. But they are probably the nearest thing o balanced left, and that's mostly because they try to adhere to the old style of straight reporting minus puff and spin.

I listened to them when I lived in New Orleans. Mainly because I didn't have to hear crap like the Jacko trial or the latest missing pretty white girl.

HometownGal
01-21-2009, 10:07 PM

She takes up precious oxygen that people who have brain cells could use. :chuckle:

Sorry but I can't stand her either - she's an arrogant, self-righteous bitch. I much preferred Bob Schieffer.

This thread is moot now anyway. Chief Justice Roberts re-administered the oath to Obama today to stay in line with the Constitution.

http://kdka.com/national/barack.obama.oath.2.914533.html

Obama Takes Presidential Oath Again

After the flub heard around the world, President Barack Obama has taken the oath of office. Again. Chief Justice John Roberts delivered the oath to Obama on Wednesday night at the White House — a rare do-over. The surprise moment came in response to Tuesday's much-noticed stumble, when Roberts got the words of the oath a little off, which prompted Obama to do so, too.

Don't worry, the White House says: Obama has still been president since noon on Inauguration Day.

Nevertheless, Obama and Roberts went through the drill again out of what White House counsel Greg Craig called "an abundance of caution."

This time, the scene was the White House Map Room in front of a small group of reporters, not the Capitol platform before the whole watching world.

"We decided that because it was so much fun ...," Obama joked to reporters who followed press secretary Robert Gibbs into the room. No TV camera crews or news photographers were allowed in. A few of Obama's closest aides were there, along with a White House photographer.

Roberts put on his black robe.

"Are you ready to take the oath?" he said.

"Yes, I am," Obama said. "And we're going to do it very slowly."

Roberts then led Obama through the oath without any missteps.

The president said he did not have his Bible with him, but that the oath was binding anyway.

The original, bungled version on Tuesday caught observers by surprise and then got replayed on cable news shows.

It happened when Obama interrupted Roberts midway through the opening line, in which the president repeats his name and solemnly swears.

Next in the oath is the phrase " ... that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States." But Roberts rearranged the order of the words, not saying "faithfully" until after "president of the United States."

That appeared to throw Obama off. He stopped abruptly at the word "execute."

Recognizing something was off, Roberts then repeated the phrase, putting "faithfully" in the right place but without repeating "execute."

But Obama then repeated Roberts' original, incorrect version: "... the office of president of the United States faithfully."

Craig, the White House lawyer, said in a statement Wednesday evening: "We believe the oath of office was administered effectively and that the president was sworn in appropriately yesterday. Yet the oath appears in the Constitution itself. And out of the abundance of caution, because there was one word out of sequence, Chief Justice John Roberts will administer the oath a second time."

The Constitution is clear about the exact wording of the oath and as a result, some constitutional experts have said that a do-over probably wasn't necessary but also couldn't hurt. Two other previous presidents have repeated the oath because of similar issues, Calvin Coolidge and Chester A. Arthur.

ShutDown24
01-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Just saw it on the news that he had to do it over... Hilarious. Terrible reporting. :doh:

Preacher
01-21-2009, 10:30 PM
That evil Bush Nominee Roberts PURPOSELY screwed up to try and get Obama thrown out of office!

:rofl:

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2009, 10:48 PM
my dad (who works for NASA) flies that sattelite and snapped those shots.

do you think he'd get me an application??? i've always wanted to be a space shuttle pilot ....:pde:

tony hipchest
01-21-2009, 10:49 PM
That evil Bush Nominee Roberts PURPOSELY screwed up to try and get Obama thrown out of office!

:tap: that was my first thoughts.

The president said he did not have his Bible with him, but that the oath was binding anyway.

The original, bungled version on Tuesday caught observers by surprise and then got replayed on cable news shows.

proof he is the anitchrist? :scratchchin:

the bungles suck. thanks for that breaking report FOX. :chuckle:

oh, BTW i didnt see courick interview the mine children. :noidea: i thought the reference might be to her asking palin questions she was not capable of answering.

tony hipchest
01-21-2009, 10:56 PM
do you think he'd get me an application??? i've always wanted to be a space shuttle pilot ....:pde:

lol. sure!

i bet we spend more time on steelers messageboard than he does actually sending signals and coordinates to the craft. :thumbsup:

he's tried to convince me he can talk to it with his wristwatch but i aint buying it. dude cant even set the clock on a vcr. :sofunny:

CaliStillersFan
01-22-2009, 12:17 AM
As long as you include the major networks news coverage. . . sure, plus MSNBC and CNN.

I think it is SO funny that everyone on te left gets so riled up over Fox news, but turns a blind eye to what CBS did, to what Katie Couric did, to the way MSNBC portrays their stories, etc.

Then they wonder why we just quit listening.

the post was about Fox News so that's why I made the joke about them, but I agree ALL cable news channels are a joke. I love how everyone assumes that if you don't agree with their point of view that you must be a lefty or vice versa. You people do know that there is more than two political parties and many more points of view in this country don't you? You know what they say about assumption? ;)

Preacher
01-22-2009, 01:36 AM
:tap: that was my first thoughts.

proof he is the anitchrist? :scratchchin:

the bungles suck. thanks for that breaking report FOX. :chuckle:

oh, BTW i didnt see courick interview the mine children. :noidea: i thought the reference might be to her asking palin questions she was not capable of answering.

It was for the bad editing of that interview... but much more than that... it was for her unbridled bias. . . Let me explain.

Years ago, she was doing an interview with a pastor who worked with a pro-life group. He was sharing with her how, after talking with a woman who was about to have an abortion, She listened to him and his church took her in, fed her, took care of her (including medical bills), etc. Then, when she had the child, someone in teh church adopted the child.

The FIRST WORDS out of Couric's mouth? "So how is that different from a black market baby?"

I am not sure what is worse, her arrogance or her ignorance.

xfl2001fan
01-22-2009, 08:11 AM
I am not sure what is worse, her arrogance or her ignorance.

Metallica said it best in their "Holier Than Thou" (Black Album)

Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hadn.

revefsreleets
01-22-2009, 08:26 AM
That's why I listen to NPR and watch PBS for news. They are the closest thing to neutral out there. Couric is a classic example: She has an agenda, and doesn't even bother to hide it. She lobs softballs at the left ahd hits hard (and sometimes below the belt) at the right.

She's the Baltimore Ravens of Evening anchors.

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 08:51 AM
couric did nothing wrong in regards to sarah palin. she needed to be exposed for what she was. couric did america a favor.

as far as couric as an anchor, i dont watch her but have no problem conceding she is probably better off on the morning shows (none of which i watch either).

hindes204
01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
she needed to be exposed for what she was.

and what would that be

Leftoverhard
01-22-2009, 10:58 AM
and what would that be

Let's play "one word answer." I'll start!

Incompetent.

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 11:01 AM
and what would that belol. watch the interview.

xfl2001fan
01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
If Couric didn't have such an agenda against REP/Conservatives, it wouldn't be an issue. It just means that she's an equal opportunity a$$hat.

The kinds of questions asked in the interview with Palin are nothing like what she asks of DEM/Libs. That's what's most upsetting to the REP/Cons group about her.

atlsteelers
01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
If Couric didn't have such an agenda against REP/Conservatives, it wouldn't be an issue. It just means that she's an equal opportunity a$$hat.

The kinds of questions asked in the interview with Palin are nothing like what she asks of DEM/Libs. That's what's most upsetting to the REP/Cons group about her.

couric throws softball questions to each party. its just palin stumbled all over them to the extent that mccain asked her never to another interview without his team invovled to coach her

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-22-2009, 03:15 PM

Incompetent.You Betcha!

GBMelBlount
01-22-2009, 03:21 PM

Incompetent.

You want to talk about incompetent? Obama ran for and was elected president on an economic platform that was based on pure stupidity, incompetence, ignorance and idiocy and you guys bought it hook line and sinker without ever questioning it... :chuckle:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-22-2009, 03:46 PM
You want to talk about incompetent? Obama ran for and was elected president on an economic platform that was based on pure stupidity, incompetence, ignorance and idiocy and you guys bought it hook line and sinker without ever questioning it... :chuckle:

And then he backpedaled on everything he "stood for" that got him into office. He flip flops like a pro, must have taken lessons from John Kerry.

xfl2001fan
01-22-2009, 03:48 PM
couric throws softball questions to each party. its just palin stumbled all over them to the extent that mccain asked her never to another interview without his team invovled to coach her

A lot of her questions for Palin were slanted. Granted, Palin wasn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree (and a blinker at that) but some of the questions, particularly the wording used, was simply agenda-biased BS.

Godfather
01-22-2009, 09:48 PM
You Betcha!

Amazing how someone incompetent could bring down a corrupt GOP machine in her state, scrap and renegotiate a pipeleine deal so it saved the taxpayers $10 billion, implement a wildlife management program that preserved the moose and caribou populations, and just now put together a green energy plan that surpasses even California in efficiency.

What a moron, huh?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Amazing how someone incompetent could bring down a corrupt GOP machine in her state, scrap and renegotiate a pipeleine deal so it saved the taxpayers $10 billion, implement a wildlife management program that preserved the moose and caribou populations, and just now put together a green energy plan that surpasses even California in efficiency.

What a moron, huh?

Don't confuse them with facts!

Preacher
01-22-2009, 11:06 PM

What a moron, huh?

:chuckle:

Kinda funny. The typical liberal tripe... "He's dumb, she's dumb." They tried it with Reagan, Bush, Quayle, Bush, and Palin.

Then they wonder why we think liberals are arrogant.

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 11:32 PM
couric asked her the most basic, *lobbed softball* questions (that any 9th grader would ask for their school newspaper) and she failed miserably.

"what platforms of mccain are you familiar with?"

"what periodicals and newspapers do you read?"

'whats your favorite color?"

she was supposed to bring biden to his knees in the debates and destroy obama on the campaign trail but couldnt handle a pu$$ycat like katie???

:toofunny:

Godfather
01-23-2009, 07:59 PM

Kinda funny. The typical liberal tripe... "He's dumb, she's dumb." They tried it with Reagan, Bush, Quayle, Bush, and Palin.

Then they wonder why we think liberals are arrogant.

I have to admit...I think those criticisms were justified in Quayle's case, as well as W's. Palin and Reagan were much smarter than they got credit for. Daddy Bush was seen more as a wimp than an intellectual lightweight if I remember correctly.

GBMelBlount
01-23-2009, 08:10 PM
couric asked her the most basic, *lobbed softball* questions (that any 9th grader would ask for their school newspaper) and she failed miserably.

"what platforms of mccain are you familiar with?"

"what periodicals and newspapers do you read?"

'whats your favorite color?"

she was supposed to bring biden to his knees in the debates and destroy obama on the campaign trail but couldnt handle a pu$$ycat like katie???

:toofunny:

It's funny Tony, her position on the economy made Obama look like an imbecile to anyone that understands introductory economics and isn't steeped in class envy, and rather than focus on that you focus on delivery. Cause that's all you've got. Although Obama gets an A+ on delivery...on substance, conviction, consistency and issues.....not such good marks, my friend.

tony hipchest
01-23-2009, 08:47 PM
It's funny Tony, her position on the economy made Obama look like an imbecile to anyone that understands introductory economics and isn't steeped in class envy, and rather than focus on that you focus on delivery. Cause that's all you've got. Although Obama gets an A+ on delivery...on substance, conviction, consistency and issues.....not such good marks, my friend.no it didnt. palin made herself look like an imbicile. couric is just given the credit.

palins simplistic, highschoolish, overview on economics was amateurish at best.:wink02: i mean really... her main stance was winking at, and giving "joe the plumber": a hug. :hug::noidea:

:popcorn:

Preacher
01-23-2009, 08:51 PM
I have to admit...I think those criticisms were justified in Quayle's case, as well as W's. Palin and Reagan were much smarter than they got credit for. Daddy Bush was seen more as a wimp than an intellectual lightweight if I remember correctly.

Quayle's image was PURE media.

It all started in Indiana. Just after the convention, Quayle was back at home giving a presser (or something like that). When a couple of the press corp asked some of their more obnoxious questions, the crowd had the audacity to boo the press. They took great offense at that and set forth to destroy him.

Every faux pa he made, they made sure to put in on the air. That little "potato" stunt? The teacher had put it on the card that way. Quayle was stuck with either 1. showing up the teacher on the spot or 2. just going with what was on the card. Did we hear ANYTHING about how a TEACHER teaching SPELLING SPELLED it wrong? Nope. it was all Quayle.

Fast forward about 5 years. Clinton and Gore walk into a room on a guided tour. The room had the busts of a few presidents. The guy points out "this is the bust of Lincoln." 5 seconds later, Gore points up that very bust and says, "Who is this the bust off?" You can even see Clinton :rolleyes: It is the funniest thing. But where was that on the national news? Why was that less newsworthy than Quayle mispelling potato?

Bush 43 has an articulation problem. He gets thinking too fast and the words come fumbling out of his mouth. It makes for some HILARIOUS soundbites. But how does that justify finding the worst picture of him (say, a pic of the wind blowing his hair, and him reaching back to push it down) standing next to another head of state (that is not at that moment having "hair problems")? By choosing that picture and not a picture snapped 5 seconds earlier or later, the press has CHOSEN to REINFORCE an IMAGE, regardless of whether that image is true or not.

Now, why have we not seen any pictures of Obama smoking? They are out there. But they are not in the newspaper. Why? Because again, the press CHOOSES to REINFORCE certain IMAGES, whether they are true or not.

So no, I don't buy that they were dumb. NONE of them, left or right, are dumb. None of them, left or right, are evil. It is just the REINFORCED IMAGE produced by the PRESS.

GBMelBlount
01-23-2009, 10:10 PM
no it didnt. palin made herself look like an imbicile. couric is just given the credit.

palins simplistic, highschoolish, overview on economics was amateurish at best.:wink02: i mean really... her main stance was winking at, and giving "joe the plumber": a hug. :hug::noidea:

:popcorn:

LOL. Obama had an economic plan that pandered to stupidity and class envy and you bought it Tony. You were too busy calling Palin a MILF and making other disgusting and sleasy comments to even comment about their economic platforms. If you were intellectually honest about this you would admit Obama's economic platform was stupid and made no sense. But you'll never admit that........lol. Then you have the ball sack to make fun of us for being worried when he was lying out his ass to get elected BEFORE reading "economics for morons" and doing a 180.

Godfather
01-23-2009, 10:24 PM
You were too busy calling Palin a MILF

In fairness, a lot of her own supporters were guilty of that too.

tony hipchest
01-23-2009, 11:14 PM
If you were intellectually honest about this you would admit Obama's economic platform was stupid and made no sense.yeah, because never paying off national debt, selling our asses to the saudis and chinese, and pushing my children and potential granchildren into further debt and economic turmoil is such a grand idea. :thumbsup:

get off of it, proffessor. these high school economic lessons are boring and not grounded in the reality of the situation.

im glad palin is good with alaskas superfluous cashflow. then again, im thinking paris hilton has no problem balancing her own check book, either. :noidea:

Preacher
01-24-2009, 12:14 AM
yeah, because never paying off national debt, selling our asses to the saudis and chinese, and pushing my children and potential granchildren into further debt and economic turmoil is such a grand idea. :thumbsup:

get off of it, proffessor. these high school economic lessons are boring and not grounded in the reality of the situation.

im glad palin is good with alaskas superfluous cashflow. then again, im thinking paris hilton has no problem balancing her own check book, either. :noidea:

Yeah...

after all... Tony never paid his tuition for my lessons either! :chuckle:

hindes204
01-24-2009, 01:24 AM
yeah, because never paying off national debt, selling our asses to the saudis and chinese, and pushing my children and potential granchildren into further debt and economic turmoil is such a grand idea. :thumbsup:

yeah, because obamas trillion dollar stimulus plan wont hurt the national debt

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-24-2009, 05:45 AM
yeah, because obamas trillion dollar stimulus plan wont hurt the national debt

Not the mention the 845 billion dollar Global Poverty Act... Like I said, people that complain about Bush's deficit spending haven't seen anything yet.

Oh, and the Monopoly Money he is supposed to give us as a stimulus. Funny how people laughed at Bush for the stimulus checks, but when Obama does it it's brilliant... Double standards much?:banging:

revefsreleets
01-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Give me a mike and 2 camera's, 2 hours of raw interview footage and some editing software and I'll slap together an interview with Stephen Hawking that makes him look like a blithering idiot.

Couric went into that interview to trash and discredit Sarah Palin, and when it was all said and done, she trashed and discredited Sarah Palin.
"Mission Accomplished"

GBMelBlount
01-24-2009, 08:30 AM
In fairness, a lot of her own supporters were guilty of that too.

Ya, but I'm only irritated with Tony. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
01-24-2009, 08:41 AM

:noidea:

We can go down this road tony but you (and Obama) are going to end up looking like idiots.

First question, have you ever taken, and do you understand introductory macroeconomics.

What you just stated is exactly how liberals get around facts that contradict what they believe and are doing. Just like global warming or Obama's moronic economic plans. They say that it does not apply to their particular situation just as you did above or they just disregard the facts that prove what they are doing is completely wrong. THAT is intellectual dishonesty and you are steeped in it my friend.

tony hipchest
01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
ive never taken, but do understand macroeconomics along with alot of other theories.

i just dont like them being shoved down my throat as scientific fact. you are saying obama is going to wind up looking like an idiot as if it is a fact backed up by science and emperial truths.

i contend you are wrong. its as simple as this (to use an analogy).... some people believe in creationism, others go the evolutionary route.

theres people out there who believe the elite rich should pay no taxes whatsoever because they are better equipped tahn the govt. to ensure their money "trickles down".

sorry i just dont buy it.

IronFan
01-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I've never even heard of macroeconomics but there is little difference between the democrats and republicans in a practical sense. Neither will deviate much from the policies that are wrecking the country.

GBMelBlount
01-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Welcome to Steelersfever IronFan. What do you personally feel are the policies that are wrecking this country?

IronFan
01-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks GBMel. Seems like a nice place here. Long time Steeler fan recently displaced from another board that went offline.

Generally I just think what we are doing isn’t working and electing another democrat or republican just isn’t going to change anything. I know Obama’s buzzword was change this election, and it worked, but his voting record was anything but. And that’s kind of the point. I think if Americans really wanted change they would have looked elsewhere.

What I don’t like would take forever here. Lets just say that I believe that the only true role of the federal government is to protect its people. Anything in excess of that is interference with the rights of the states and of the people of this country.

Preacher
01-25-2009, 11:34 AM
and emperial truths.

And you say you are an "independent"

hindes204
01-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks GBMel. Seems like a nice place here. Long time Steeler fan recently displaced from another board that went offline.

Generally I just think what we are doing isnít working and electing another democrat or republican just isnít going to change anything. I know Obamaís buzzword was change this election, and it worked, but his voting record was anything but. And thatís kind of the point. I think if Americans really wanted change they would have looked elsewhere.

What I donít like would take forever here. Lets just say that I believe that the only true role of the federal government is to protect its people. Anything in excess of that is interference with the rights of the states and of the people of this country.

First you say you want change, then you say the only role of govt. is to protect its people...isnt that exactly what President Bush did following 9/11, put policies in place to protect the country, the same policies President Obama wants to get rid of

IronFan
01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
First you say you want change, then you say the only role of govt. is to protect its people...isnt that exactly what President Bush did following 9/11, put policies in place to protect the country, the same policies President Obama wants to get rid of
Former President Bush had a lot of policies. Those that he put in place after 9/11 in the name of protection are only a fraction of his policies.

I think one of the things that Bush tried to do was protect the people. At least in theory. I don't agree with all the steps he took though and fear the overall negative effects some of his policies in the name of protection will have on the American people down the line.

hindes204
01-26-2009, 05:42 PM
What overall negative effects on the American people do you see down the line

IronFan
01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Due process mainly.

TheSteelCurtain
01-26-2009, 08:05 PM

1. Im sorry but i dont need federal wiretaping of my phones, emails, accounts for portection. Knowing what book my mom checked out from the library is not gonna help you catch bin laden.
2. No child left behind as long as they score enough on standarized test's anyways.
3. Foreign policy lead to a growth of terrorism.
4. A energy policy that focused solely on nucler energy that will never put a dent in our dependance on foreign oil.
5. Signing and Enforcing SOX we spent more money accounting these companies than they ever could squander.
6. For such a supporter of a free market i find it funny he really feels the need to impose Capitalism on IRAQ. I mean i know it worked for china and all. HAHAHHA. No one wants to talk about that Big Republican F-UP.
7. His stance on Stem Cell research. This is the key to so many advances in medicine. And for all of you Fox Newsers its not all about Fetuses.
8. Totally Abadoning Kyoto Protocol. Hello Global Warming is real
9. Cutting funding for nuclear security protocal in russia and other nations. I mean this isnt a big deal. Free Market Right if a Terrorist wants Plutonium he should be allowed to go to russia and buy it.
10. The great tax giveaway of 2001. I mean it worked on the economy right. And you thought we spent Clintons Surplus no we put in XMAS Cards and mailed it out.
11. Privatizing Social Security do i need to explain this to you. Ask grammy how her stock in enron is doing.
12. His Drug Policy oh thats right we dont have one. He still thinks the mexicans are sneaking pot over the border. Not like Terrorism is fuelled by heroine sales in the united states.

Do you need me to keep going cause i can. Let me grab a drink and ill tell ya a few more.

revefsreleets
01-27-2009, 09:53 AM
1. Im sorry but i dont need federal wiretaping of my phones, emails, accounts for portection. Knowing what book my mom checked out from the library is not gonna help you catch bin laden.

Obama is continuing this policy

2. No child left behind as long as they score enough on standarized test's anyways.

At least Bush did SOMETHING. By the by, after roundly attacking it, Obama is going to "keep it and improve it". Interesting.
3. Foreign policy lead to a growth of terrorism.

Time will tell. This is "hater talk" anyway....
4. A energy policy that focused solely on nucler energy that will never put a dent in our dependance on foreign oil.

Democrats are JUST as guilty of this...
5. Signing and Enforcing SOX we spent more money accounting these companies than they ever could squander.

Call me when this EVER comes anywhere NEAR the billions companies squandered. In fact, this is the most comprehensive reform in 70 years. Hater talk...
6. For such a supporter of a free market i find it funny he really feels the need to impose Capitalism on IRAQ. I mean i know it worked for china and all. HAHAHHA. No one wants to talk about that Big Republican F-UP.

"Impose"? Obama will continue on with about 90% of Bush's Iraqi plans...bank it. He'll then try to claim credit. You Dems are heading for a self-laid trap while you continue to bash Bush...your own leader is quietly adopting most of Bush's policies.
7. His stance on Stem Cell research. This is the key to so many advances in medicine. And for all of you Fox Newsers its not all about Fetuses.

Totally disgree with GWB on this one.
8. Totally Abadoning Kyoto Protocol. Hello Global Warming is real

Yes, it's real. The temerature is slowly climbing. But how much of it is human and how much of it is nature itself? More and more scientists are starting to realize the former is the real culprit...
9. Cutting funding for nuclear security protocal in russia and other nations. I mean this isnt a big deal. Free Market Right if a Terrorist wants Plutonium he should be allowed to go to russia and buy it.

This is patently false:
http://www.globalsecuritynewswire.org/gsn/ts_20090105_8287.php (http://www.globalsecuritynewswire.org/gsn/ts_20090105_8287.php)

10. The great tax giveaway of 2001. I mean it worked on the economy right. And you thought we spent Clintons Surplus no we put in XMAS Cards and mailed it out.

See: #6. Before it's said and done, Obama will probably keep most of this in place. So you are, in effect, bashing your own policies.
11. Privatizing Social Security do i need to explain this to you. Ask grammy how her stock in enron is doing.

There are compelling arguments to be made that a Privitized SS plan would have had a great stabilizing effect on the stock market. Besides, who believes the stock market will stay bearish forever? It serves the Dems purposes for the market to crash now.
12. His Drug Policy oh thats right we dont have one. He still thinks the mexicans are sneaking pot over the border. Not like Terrorism is fuelled by heroine sales in the united states.

ANY drug policy that isn't legalizing drugs will ultimately fail. So will whatever Obama comes up with.

Do you need me to keep going cause i can. Let me grab a drink and ill tell ya a few more.

Please do. Set 'em up and I'll knock 'em down. The fact is Bush had some wins and some losses, but NO president has ever been ripped apart as badly by a hateful and spiteful left. The cost of his inauguartion vs. Obama's is shameful, but it also demonstrates the lengths Dems will go to, the depths they will sink too in their hypocrisy.

TheSteelCurtain
01-27-2009, 10:53 AM
And the public campaign funding Bush and McCain took is better?

Obama has been president for 5 days. How do you know what policies he will continue.You are banking on probably and maybee's.

Just so you know he is your President too. Maybee you should try supporting him.

TheSteelCurtain
01-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I can give you some Bush Policies I agree with. But the question was posed which policies do you think will can hurt America in the long run. Not make a list of Evil Things bush did.

IronFan
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Just so you know he is your President too. Maybee you should try supporting him.

You will be assimilated!

SteelCurtain7
01-27-2009, 07:19 PM
All your base are belong to Obama!!!!!! Make your time!!!!!!!!! :eek:

IronFan
01-27-2009, 07:42 PM
hahaha

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Public financing is in part just that: You check a little box on your tax form and put it into the kitty. Obama lied about taking that financing, so an argument can be made that he actually bought this election. By unencumbering himself of any spending limits, he actually outspent McCain in some key election states by as much as 6-1.

Those are undisputable facts (although I've seen Olbermann try to spin his way out of the "lying" part).

Anyway, I am giving Obama the benefit of the doubt, but I'm also going to point out his policy "shifts" and flip-flops when I see them, and why not? Bush was the most criticized and scrutinized president in history, so turnabout is fair play. If you are going to rip your opponent (and in the Dems case, unjustly and in an overkill fashion), you have got to be able to take at least a little bit of scrutiny pointed back at you.

HometownGal
01-28-2009, 11:14 AM

I know he is my President and for that reason alone, I support him, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to call him out when I feel it is justified. I'm not happy at all with his first week in office and some of the decisions he's made in that short time, particularly his first official interview as President going to Al Arabiya and kissing the Muslim's asses, but I'm going to give him a fair shot to EARN my approval and respect. Imho - he's off to a very poor start.

fansince'76
01-28-2009, 11:20 AM
You will be assimilated!

:borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:

GBMelBlount
01-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I know he is my President and for that reason alone, I support him, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to call him out when I feel it is justified. I'm not happy at all with his first week in office and some of the decisions he's made in that short time, particularly his first official interview as President going to Al Arabiya and kissing the Muslim's asses, but I'm going to give him a fair shot to EARN my approval and respect. Imho - he's off to a very poor start.

I agree, and if I disagree with his policies I will always state WHY. That way I am stating specific reasons and it is open for discussion. When I make GENERAL flaming statements about Obama, it is usually in response to someone on the left who calls Bush something very derogatory with little or no explanation as to WHY.

GBMelBlount
01-28-2009, 11:29 AM
OR it could just be irritation with tony hipchest in general ......:chuckle:

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
I am MOST curious to see what happens IF he ends up adopting a whole slew of Bush policies AND they work out.

Who will get the credit?
Will the left acknowledge Bush?
Will they just pretend Obama made these policies himself?

(I'm opting for the former)

How will those of us who point all this out be treated? So far it's pretty much full-on attack mode, skipping the meat of the argument and attacking those making the arguments.

HometownGal
01-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree, and if I disagree with his policies I will always state WHY. That way I am stating specific reasons and it is open for discussion. When I make GENERAL flaming statements about Obama, it is usually in response to someone on the left who calls Bush something very derogatory with little or no explanation as to WHY.

That's where I'm at. Though I was a Bush supporter during his terms in office, when I didn't agree with his policies, I so stated, and I will do the same with Obama.

As I stated above, I am not at all pleased with his first week in office due to his decisions to (a) close Guantanemo Bay within a year; (b) suspending the trial of five detainees in Guantanamo Bay who admit roles in the terror attacks on 911 (how will any of the families of those murdered on 911 ever have closure???) and (c) struck down the Bush administration's ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions (I am fiercely pro-life). Last but not least - his first official telephone call was to Mahmoud Abbas and he granted his first official interview to Al Arabiya??? :jawdrop: Is there something wrong with this picture???

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 01:29 PM

Why shouldnt he go over there and talk to them. Just forget they exist. You do know that only 10 Percent of Muslims are of Arabic Brown skin decent. These middle east countries make up a very smal contigent of them. There is a differance between muslim fait and irratic Islam. Its not like he was on Al-Jazeera reaching out to Bin Ladin in a cave. He was on TV in the USA for the past 2 years giving speeches and interviews. If we are ever gonna win the war in Iraq or against terrorism we gotta try to bring peace to the whole middle east. We were the ones back in the 80's using the gaza strip as our own personal to delivery system to arm the afghani's against the soviets. If we leave the entire middle east in shambles hot beds of terrorism will find places in these others country's. Is it a situation we can bring total peace too I doubt it. But our president should sure as hell try. Remember it wasnt that long ago when people looked at Christians as borderline Radicals.

fansince'76
01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Why shouldnt he go over there and talk to them. Just forget they exist. You do know that only 10 Percent of Muslims are of Arabic Brown skin decent. These middle east countries make up a very smal contigent of them. There is a differance between muslim fait and irratic Islam. Its not like he was on Al-Jazeera reaching out to Bin Ladin in a cave. He was on TV in the USA for the past 2 years giving speeches and interviews. If we are ever gonna win the war in Iraq or against terrorism we gotta try to bring peace to the whole middle east. We were the ones back in the 80's using the gaza strip as our own personal to delivery system to arm the afghani's against the soviets. If we leave the entire middle east in shambles hot beds of terrorism will find places in these others country's. Is it a situation we can bring total peace too I doubt it. But our president should sure as hell try. Remember it wasnt that long ago when people looked at Christians as borderline Radicals.

As long as he backs Israel and its right to exist, and so far he has indicated he's going to do that, he can talk to them until he's blue in the face and it will make no difference. For example, as far as Iran goes, the citizens of Iran are largely pro-Western and pro-American and have been for some time. It's the government of Iran that's the problem. Same deal with the Palestinians - it's Hamas that's the problem and their role in the Palestinian government, not the average Palestinians themselves.

HometownGal
01-28-2009, 02:13 PM

As of September 11, 2001, there have been NO terrorist attacks in the United States. Those bastards killed OUR people and Obama wants to have sharbat and cous cous with them? I don't care what anyone says - those Ishkabibbles stick together like glue and if given the choice to stand behind their fellow Muslims or behind what is good and just, which choice do you think 99.9% of them would make? :doh:

"Change We Can Believe In". How 'bout starting right here at home - in the good ol' U.S. of A before worrying about making nice with people who have blindly hated us for decades and will continue to hate us and plot our demise?

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
As of September 11, 2001, there have been NO terrorist attacks in the United States. Those bastards killed OUR people and Obama wants to have sharbat and cous cous with them? I don't care what anyone says - those Ishkabibbles stick together like glue and if given the choice to stand behind their fellow Muslims or behind what is good and just, which choice do you think 99.9% of them would make? :doh:

"Change We Can Believe In". How 'bout starting right here at home - in the good ol' U.S. of A before worrying about making nice with people who have blindly hated us for decades and will continue to hate us and plot our demise?

Change we can Believe in i like the idea of not acting like America is the only country on the planet. For once maybee we can get other countries on the same page with us instead of against us. Well im glad your opinion of the Ishkabibble as you call them is so far from valid because we would really be in trouble eh.
Well 99.9 percent of them would still only count as 9.9 percent of all muslims. He is doing a interview with them not a train tour through the middle east. Islamic Radicals killed our people not Muslims. Obama has been working on stuff at home all week. We need to turn around the negative view other countries have on us. This is essential in helping rebuild our economy. And on the morning of September 11th there has never been a international terrorism attack. Ill think the 325 years before that was a little bit better run. You wanna talk about having cous cous. Who do you think George Bush was having tea with days before 9-11 Member of the Bin Laden Family. Now the bin laden family has had business ties in the U.S for years and are openly against anything Osama does. But still the same faith eh? You guys like to leave out all the facts and just listen to the ones you read in a chain email or see on fox news.

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
As long as he backs Israel and its right to exist, and so far he has indicated he's going to do that, he can talk to them until he's blue in the face and it will make no difference. For example, as far as Iran goes, the citizens of Iran are largely pro-Western and pro-American and have been for some time. It's the government of Iran that's the problem. Same deal with the Palestinians - it's Hamas that's the problem and their role in the Palestinian government, not the average Palestinians themselves.

So what do you think is a more logical plan. Turning around the negative view their governmants have on America in a attempt to come closer to peace and avoid further conflict.

Or just ignore it and try to blow them off the planet getting even more 20x more americans killed than died in 9-11. 25,000 dead troops in Iraq. 3,000 people dies in september 11th attacks. Thats add up eh. Imagine what would happen with a war in Iran or North Korea. How many people died in the Israeli, Palestinian conflict already. Or that doesnt count because the troops signed up for and Palestinians have brown skin.

HometownGal
01-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Change we can Believe in i like the idea of not acting like America is the only country on the planet. For once maybee we can get other countries on the same page with us instead of against us. Well im glad your opinion of the Ishkabibble as you call them is so far from valid because we would really be in trouble eh.
Well 99.9 percent of them would still only count as 9.9 percent of all muslims. He is doing a interview with them not a train tour through the middle east. Islamic Radicals killed our people not Muslims. Obama has been working on stuff at home all week. We need to turn around the negative view other countries have on us. This is essential in helping rebuild our economy. And on the morning of September 11th there has never been a international terrorism attack. Ill think the 325 years before that was a little bit better run. You wanna talk about having cous cous. You guys like to leave out all the facts and just listen to the ones you read in a chain email or see on fox news.

I can see trying to have a civil debate with you is as useless as tits on a bull. :banging:

Islamic Radicals/Muslims/Ishkabibbles - they are all one in the same to me. I'll NEVER - EVER - forget those cowards partying it up and dancing in the streets in the Middle East when they got the news the United States was attacked and thousands of our people were murdered by their "brothers". If you're OK with buddying up with those vicious bastards - that's on you. I'm NOT comfortable with it and will never change my opinion.

Who do you think George Bush was having tea with days before 9-11 Member of the Bin Laden Family. Now the bin laden family has had business ties in the U.S for years and are openly against anything Osama does. But still the same faith eh?

Apples/Oranges. Period. Try to come up with something better if you are going to step to the plate for those evildoers and the President you just elected who obviously cares more about cozying up with the Middle East than he does about all of the problems here on our own soil.

fansince'76
01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
So what do you think is a more logical plan. Turning around the negative view their governmants have on America in a attempt to come closer to peace and avoid further conflict.

Or just ignore it and try to blow them off the planet getting even more 20x more americans killed than died in 9-11. 25,000 dead troops in Iraq. 3,000 people dies in september 11th attacks. Thats add up eh. Imagine what would happen with a war in Iran or North Korea. How many people died in the Israeli, Palestinian conflict already. Or that doesnt count because the troops signed up for and Palestinians have brown skin.

You're right - we should all join hands and sing Kumbaya.

And for your info, Clinton tried playing nice with NK - guess what, they reneged on the deal he made with them and developed nukes anyway. Wake up and join reality please.

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
You say you are pro life, Does that only count if its a baby being born. God says to respect all lift. All the other people that die around the world or in the country because of war, hunger, religious persecution, nonsense political conflicts does not matter. Do you really think god would agree with that? Its our jobs as Christians to protect all life. Because making abortion totally illegal in the us or around the world and stopping any kind of funding for alternatives is gonna stop it right. I mean we made drugs illegal i dont know anyone that can get them.

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 02:47 PM
You're right - we should all join hands and sing Kumbaya.

And for your info, Clinton tried playing nice with NK - guess what, they reneged on the deal he made with them and developed nukes anyway. Wake up and join reality please.

The leaders of NK are a bunch of radicial unethical D-Bags. But we have to do sometthing. Either try to reach a agreement and if doesnt work maybee take further action and sit back and just wait for something to happen.

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 02:50 PM
"Apples/Oranges. Period. Try to come up with something better if you are going to step to the plate for those evildoers and the President you just elected who obviously cares more about cozying up with the Middle East than he does about all of the problems here on our own soil."

No its not , All of our presidents have ties with these people. We as a country have deep deep business ties with them. Not just the bin laden family but many in the middle east. You do know the president is elected as a figure head and diplomat. Its not like obama is gonna rebuild the economy by himseltf thats why we put people in place for these things. He did a interview over air. he didnt even leave the country . A interview that was probably what 15-30 minutes. We need to try to turn around the neagative view these people have of the USA or no matter what we do we can not win the war in the Middle East or Against the Economy.

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 02:53 PM
What do you want to do go to war with all of these countries stated instead of having a 20 minute interview with a TV company that is now in American Control. Lets just rack up that war deficet even more thats gonna fix the economy. Then we can just send all of our tired and depleted forces to NK, IRAN, and The Gaza strip at the the same time. Or we could just sit back and do nothing and hope it works itself out.

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Not to keep posting but for your information. Maybee you should look more into this before you bash it.

The reason Obama suspnded the Trials of those people is because a Supreme Court gave Gitmo Detainees the right to sue the US Governmant for their freedom. Obama wants to make sure these detainees wont have the oppurtunity to do that. It is a great thing he did that and should have been done a long time ago.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I doesnt matter if Obama is not the president.

The important thing is that BUSH is not the president :rofl:

GBMelBlount
01-28-2009, 03:43 PM
I doesnt matter if Obama is not the president.

The important thing is that BUSH is not the president :rofl:

Why is it whenever I read your posts I think of the bugs bunny episode where the giant says "you can't fool me 'cause I'm a moron!". :rofl:

I actually feel like I I become more stupid (yes tony, that is possible :chuckle:) when I read your senseless posts. :rofl:

Thanks BBFW! :hug:

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Every time I pick up a newspaper, I read about yet another Bush Policy Obama is "adopting". Today it's tax cuts...he's even considering extending tax cuts to small businesses, which, for those of you keeping score, was what the the whole "Joe the Plumber" thing was about in the first place.

This will continue. Obama started doing during his candidacy, and his first week as President is no different. He's moving right. He was pretty far out left to begin with, but he's learning fast.

This means two things:

1. We need to lay off him and let him learn on the job. Hell, at this rate, he's going to look like Reagan in a couple months.
2. The left better prepare to eat crow. Your candidate is going to get caught in EPIC flip-flops, BUT he's also going to probably end up being a good President......by adopting the very policies he has been bashing while "coming up".

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out...

GBMelBlount
01-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Every time I pick up a newspaper, I read about yet another Bush Policy Obama is "adopting". Today it's tax cuts...he's even considering extending tax cuts to small businesses, which, for those of you keeping score, was what the the whole "Joe the Plumber" thing was about in the first place....

But Revs, it doesn't matter if he does the exact things Bush would have done as long as he's not Bush.

Right BBFW? :busted:

TheSteelCurtain
01-28-2009, 04:28 PM
But Revs, it doesn't matter if he does the exact things Bush would have done as long as he's not Bush.

Right BBFW? :busted:

Im registered Democrat and I tend to lean a little left on most issues and i agree with that statement. After a few mishaps the democrats never gave him a chance and he never could have reversed that image. He became a scapegoat for a lot of problems that dont totally stem from him. That doesnt make him my favorite person though.

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 04:56 PM
There's some irony there too...Bush adopted many, MANY irresponsible fiscal policies, policies that even Clinton (who was much more conservative fiscally than he was ever given credit for) would not have touched. BUT they were liberal fiscal policies...however the left just HATED Bush as they've never hated a sitting President before, so they could only focus on the negative, and even flopped on some of their own policies because Bush was behind them.

It's pretty funny to watch the burnt-to-a-crisp-ebony iron pot call the kettle black now...

GBMelBlount
01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Im registered Democrat and I tend to lean a little left on most issues and i agree with that statement. After a few mishaps the democrats never gave him a chance and he never could have reversed that image. He became a scapegoat for a lot of problems that dont totally stem from him. That doesnt make him my favorite person though.

Thanks Steel. I appreciate your candor and can respect that. Just like I can handle tony's playing around and Atlanta Dan who hasn't been on here in a while. Both Dan & Tony, though I don't always agree with them, make some valid points. I am conservative so naturally there are a lot of philosophical differences that I have with Obama, and even McCain and Bush on some things. What I don't like is when someone comes across as though their hatred is blind and irrational. Give me some good reasons why you feel the way you do about bush or Obama or McCain, or an issue, and let's talk about, right? The reason a lot of these issues are so hotly debated is often because there are often compelling arguments for BOTH sides. At least that's how I feel. :drink: