PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl MVP Question

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 04:20 PM
i know the rules and regulations surrounding the award of Super Bowl MVP. it goes to the biggest game changers and player of the game that day. BUT, if the Steelers win the Super Bowl...and the MVP Award is given to say, Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, or Ben Roethlisberger...do you think they should give it to Dick Lebeau? i mean, he was the man that brought the defense to the tpo of it's game and brought us to another Super Bowl. i think whoever gets the award should hand it right over to Dick.

what do you think?

MACH1
01-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Nice thought, but it ain't gonna happen. I think the MVP also gets a shinny new car to go with the hardware.

CPanther95
01-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Nah, MVP is a single game performance award. The SB ring represents more for LeBeau, and he'll get one of those.

I say give him cash. :)

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 04:26 PM
i'd say nix the cash, car, and award...get him a new contract. haha!

i'd just think that whoever gets the award should hand it right over to Lebeau. i'm sure it would bring the Nation to it's feet and it would be a great tribute to his career and his time with the franchise.

MaidenIndiana
01-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't think their is any set of regulations on how they choose the winner, I know it doesn't always go to the best player. A couple of years ago they gave it to punkin Peyton Manning when even Ray Charles could've seen that Dominic Rhodes deserved it.

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't think their is any set of regulations on how they choose the winner, I know it doesn't always go to the best player. A couple of years ago they gave it to punkin Peyton Manning when even Ray Charles could've seen that Dominic Rhodes deserved it.

wasn't Ray Charles the one they traded for Peyton Manning!?

CPanther95
01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Chuck Howley from the Cowboys got it - and he was on the losing team.

IAWarnerFan
01-20-2009, 07:42 PM
If the Cardinals end up winning this game, there's no question who would get it. :flap:

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 07:46 PM
If the Cardinals end up winning this game, there's no question who would get it. :flap:

yeah, don't you think he should've gotten MVP too?

ShutDown24
01-20-2009, 07:57 PM

Emitt Smith? :noidea:

IAWarnerFan
01-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Emitt Smith? :noidea:

Who???
Why give it to a Dallas Cowboy? :poke:

SteelTalons
01-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Who???

Emmitt played for the Cardinals... Even if ever so briefly before he retired. As to whether you knew that remains to be seen but Emmitt is kinda a hard guy to miss when he's added to your team I could imagine.

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/emmitt_smith_cardinals.jpg

If the Cardinals win it probably will go to Fitz. But Warner has something to do with getting the ball to Fitz. So who knows.

cubanstogie
01-20-2009, 09:10 PM
i know the rules and regulations surrounding the award of Super Bowl MVP. it goes to the biggest game changers and player of the game that day. BUT, if the Steelers win the Super Bowl...and the MVP Award is given to say, Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, or Ben Roethlisberger...do you think they should give it to Dick Lebeau? i mean, he was the man that brought the defense to the tpo of it's game and brought us to another Super Bowl. i think whoever gets the award should hand it right over to Dick.

what do you think?

I think him and Arians should be co-MVP's. :rofl:

BehindSteelCurtain
01-20-2009, 09:14 PM
No that would never happen.

HometownGal
01-20-2009, 09:19 PM

You won't have to worry about that, bud. :wink02::tt03::tt02:

I definitely think Kurt should have gotten the league MVP award. The fact that he didn't is a travesty.

ShutDown24
01-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Who???

Hahaha so even on the very slight chance the Cardinals would win, a Pittsburgh guy would still get the MVP vote in your book? That's great.

I would give it to Warner if you guys do win. He indeed should have won the league MVP and should go to the hall of fame.

IAWarnerFan
01-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Hahaha so even on the very slight chance the Cardinals would win, a Pittsburgh guy would still get the MVP vote in your book? That's great.

I would give it to Warner if you guys do win. He indeed should have won the league MVP and should go to the hall of fame.

He's been a one man show on offense. Kurt's been solid too, but 11 is breaking records. :thumbsup:

cubanstogie
01-20-2009, 10:24 PM
He's been a one man show on offense. Kurt's been solid too, but 11 is breaking records. :thumbsup:

I have yet to see Fitz drop a pass all year. Granted I have only seen 5-6 games. Hopefully his first will be after Polamalu or Clark knock the snot out of him. There hasn't been too many WR's who have had big games against us this year so I look forward to the matchup.

Steelers & I
01-20-2009, 11:04 PM

No doubt buddy. If the Cardinals do happen to win the Super Bowl, lol, the MVP award will be issued to none other than YOUR DREAMS!

markymarc
01-21-2009, 06:40 AM
yeah, don't you think he should've gotten MVP too?

There is no doubt in my mind that Kurt Warner should have gotten the MVP award.

markymarc
01-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Actually what I would love to see is the defensive players wearing or doing something commemorative for LeBeau during Super Bowl week kind of the way they did for Bettis in Super Bowl XL. That would be the best to honor him IMO.