PDA

View Full Version : And the AFC Title Game Ball Goes to....

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Barack Obama. Honestly.... Dan Rooney needs to start thinking about what he does before he acts and alienates half of the fan base.

CargoJon
01-20-2009, 06:00 PM
We have our first "Rooney rule" president.

Hapa
01-20-2009, 06:01 PM
What did Rooney do? Support Obama?

Honestly I don't see what it matters who he supports, it won't make him a different owner whether he declares his support or not, or even what his support is.

86WARD
01-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Really? It's that bad to support the President of the United States? Obama has an approval rating of 80%...

Anyone who doesn't is a friggin' idiot...great 'you' voted for McCain, McCain lost...support the leader of 'your' country.

RJC
01-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Barack Obama. Honestly.... Dan Rooney needs to start thinking about what he does before he acts and alienates half of the fan base.

This from a guy named "Neil Still Rules"? Ironic?

fansince'76
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Football and politics don't mix. Into the Locker Room with this one.

SteelCityKing
01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
i think Barack Obama should do the coin toss at the Super Bowl. honestly...what a great way to kick off being an American president with America's game, right?

PAMillerGrrl83
01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Seriousley, how can anyone complain about Obama when the country is how it is right now??

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 07:05 PM

with a statement like that, i wouldnt sweat it much if you fell off the bandwagon. :hunch:

im sure dan snyder is a republican. better yet, you can go support robert kraft who gives sb rings to the kremlin. :doh:

serioulsy....

SteelTalons
01-20-2009, 07:15 PM
I'll judge Obama in a few months. If he makes things worse. I'll ride his case like I have Bush. We wondered if Bush was gonna be Reagan or Nixon. We will wonder if Obama is JFK or Carter.

As long as the end result is an improvement over the current. Fine by me. If its worse screw it wheres Ron Paul? I'll take a crack at that political mentality for 4 years and compare the 3 philosophies.

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Actually, Rooney's support doesn't seem so awful now that Obama has realized his tax plan was ridiculous. Thanks to a cooler head prevailing, nobody is going to see their Steeler ticket prices skyrocket due to the FO having to cover all the new taxes.

I guess we can let it slide that this is yet another campaign promise that Obama quickly realized was unrealistic and untenable. If he was a Republican named Bush and I was a liberal Dem, I'd be clamoring that he flat out lied to get elected, but I'm not (thank God) so no need to go there:flap:

NEPAsteeler
01-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Football and politics just shouldn't be mixed together. Who cares who Rooney supported. The fact of the matter is Bush is out and Obama is in. Nothing we can do about it now.

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Football and politics just shouldn't be mixed together. Who cares who Rooney supported. The fact of the matter is Bush is out and Obama is in. Nothing we can do about it now.

Disagree. I think the formula was that all Yankee tickets would have automatically gone up something like $15 the day Obama's tax plan took effect (unless you believe Steinbrenner was just going to absorb the extra cost).

We live in a complicated World where every decision we make has tendrils that creep into all our other affairs.

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 07:54 PM
I guess we can let it slide that this is yet another campaign promise that Obama quickly realized was unrealistic and untenable. If he was a Republican named Bush and I was a liberal Dem, I'd be clamoring that he flat out lied to get elected, but I'm not (thank God) so no need to go there:flap:

well, you just did, gbmelbl... i mean revs.

Read my lips... NO NEW TAXES.

-G.H. Bush

im really suprised so many registered republicans are so oblivious to the inner workings of american politics. *gasp* "politicians arent supposed to "lie".

either they are oblivious or "It's shameful, and this weak and pathetic spin makes it even more ironic, even more hypocritical, even more pitiful." :noidea:

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 07:56 PM
well, you just did, gbmelbl... i mean revs.

im really suprised so many registered republicans are so oblivious to the inner workings of american politics.

either they are oblivious or "It's shameful, and this weak and pathetic spin makes it even more ironic, even more hypocritical, even more pitiful." :noidea:

Just calling out the blatant hypocrisy. I'm not allowed to do that now?

In fact, once again, I think I'm probably one of the very few people here who are walking pretty much right down the middle of the balance beam.

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Just calling out the blatant hypocrisy. I'm not allowed to do that now?

by all means... knock yourself out.

In fact, once again, I think I'm probably one of the very few people here who are walking pretty much right down the middle of the balance beam.:cookie:

uh huh. riiiiiight.... :rolleyes:

Shame on you, Democrats...

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 09:15 AM
The beauty of staying in the middle (as opposed to being a completly biased and lopsided shill for one particular party) is that I have the luxury of lobbing grenades over both sides of the fence when people act foolishly.

Booing Bush was deplorable. Fox News saying that Obama shouldn't be president because the oath was incorrectly taken is retarded.

See? Both sides get hit...

PisnNapalm
01-21-2009, 09:20 AM
I know the Rooney's back whatever Democrat is running, but... For crying out loud.... Stick to football and leave politics out of it.

KeiselPower99
01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Really? It's that bad to support the President of the United States? Obama has an approval rating of 80%...

Anyone who doesn't is a friggin' idiot...great 'you' voted for McCain, McCain lost...support the leader of 'your' country.

80 percent approval rating??????? An he hasnt done anything yet. That is complete BULLSHIT!!!

KeiselPower99
01-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Actually, Rooney's support doesn't seem so awful now that Obama has realized his tax plan was ridiculous. Thanks to a cooler head prevailing, nobody is going to see their Steeler ticket prices skyrocket due to the FO having to cover all the new taxes.

Only libs can say someone lied to get elected. And only the Republicans do wrong. He promised so much and probably only 30 percent of all of it will come true.

Vis
01-21-2009, 03:33 PM

Go away if that bothers you.