PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Troy Rumor...

section514
01-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Rumor on Madden's show this afternoon. Troy will retire in the next 2-3 seasons...:doh:

hudsonp
01-20-2009, 06:30 PM
i hope its not true, he will still be at the top of his game

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 06:39 PM
wouldnt suprise me in the least. troy just has that "barry sanders" aura about hin.

good thing we got anthony smith... :hunch:
(for atleast a few more months).

stillers4me
01-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Rumor on Madden's show this afternoon. Troy will retire in the next 2-3 seasons...:doh:

2-3 years? Heck.....we'll about have that other hand filled up by then.

bradness113
01-20-2009, 06:42 PM
wuts w/ all these profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterin rumors....
seriously....

SteelCityKing
i don't see that happening, but IF he does...do you guys think he is Hall of Fame bound? really?

...cause i do.

Stlrs4Life
Pure rumor. Speculation.

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 06:44 PM
why would he retire in 2-3 years? i don't get it

Preacher
01-20-2009, 06:45 PM
If he has another injury plagued season over the next couple of years, then yes I can see it.

If he has another MAJOR concussion or two... then i can see it.

Other than that, no way.

bradness113
01-20-2009, 06:48 PM
the man just signed a 5 yr contract recently...
NOT gunna happen unless he suffers some more concussions....

Polamalu Princess
01-20-2009, 06:54 PM
No!!!!!!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh God PLEASE no!!!!!!!!!!:crying01::thud::frown::pity::crying03 :

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
even if my boy troy does retire soon, im sure as hell glad i have followed his whole football caeer in college here at USC, and in pitt, love the guy!

section514
01-20-2009, 07:00 PM
ask Mark Madden haha

stillers4me
01-20-2009, 07:06 PM
He's in the second year of his 5 year contract. If that's what he plans, that's 3 years until the end of his contract. It wouldn't surprise me, really. He doesn't seem the type to need the attention or care about more money. I'm not going to fret about it...........he'll do what's right for himself and his family and we as fans just have to respect that. In the mean time, go out there and tear'em up, Troy!

stlrz fan
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
I would rather see him retire than posiibly play out his career somewhere else(eventually)

MJ5150
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
If he goes, his reasons will be right, and I won't question it.

-Mike

Fire Haley
01-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Is this the kind of garbage reporting I'm gonna have to listen to?

Take these rumors and shove them all.

SteelCurtain7
01-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Yep. This rumor sounds like something that would be featured on BSPN. :banging:

BlastFurnace
01-20-2009, 07:26 PM
If I had my dome knocked around like that, had enough money, won 2 Super Bowls....I don't blame him.

Something tells me that Troy's interests go far beyond football.

The Duke
01-20-2009, 07:54 PM
With his concussions history it wouldn't surprise me

Still, just a rumor

OX1947
01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Troy's style of play will probably allow him to play 10 to 11 years. However, I have noticed he has eased up just a little on the hard hits. Ryan Clark has taken that job now.

Ive said this the past few years, if Troy plays 10 years for the Steelers, let him retire. I would be more then satisfied and if the Steelers win one more super bowl and he plays 3 more years of pro bowl football, he goes to the hall of fame.

Whether people want to believe or not outside of Pittsburgh, no one has ever seen a player like Troy. I know I haven't. And he made the safety position a need high in the draft. It's not a coincidence that the last 4 teams that were left in the playoffs had, Troy, Wilson, Reed and Dawkins.

Sharkissle29
01-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Troy's style of play will probably allow him to play 10 to 11 years. However, I have noticed he has eased up just a little on the hard hits. Ryan Clark has taken that job now.

Ive said this the past few years, if Troy plays 10 years for the Steelers, let him retire. I would be more then satisfied and if the Steelers win one more super bowl and he plays 3 more years of pro bowl football, he goes to the hall of fame.

Whether people want to believe or not outside of Pittsburgh, no one has ever seen a player like Troy. I know I haven't. And he made the safety position a need high in the draft. It's not a coincidence that the last 4 teams that were left in the playoffs had, Troy, Wilson, Reed and Dawkins.

This is something i've kinda learned this year (football is a game where there is always something to learn about)

But what i have learned is that the start of a great defense starts at the safety position.

86WARD
01-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Silly rumors...

ShutDown24
01-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Rumor on Madden's show this afternoon.

Madden is back on the air? :doh:

lardlad
01-20-2009, 08:26 PM
More ratings tactics by that bag of Shite.

Fire Haley
01-20-2009, 08:29 PM
More ratings tactics by that bag of Shite.

Exactly.

I thought the blood-sucking leech was fired?

JackHammer
01-20-2009, 08:50 PM
LMAO at anyone who takes rumors from the Mark Madden show seriously :rofl:

AKSteeler
01-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Do I see this as being possible? Yes. Why? Because Troy is a strong man of God who puts his faith first above all else. He has said that football is not his life, but an opportunity that God has given him...but that it wasn't the only opportunity that God would present. I can fully see this being possible.

bobbo_73
01-20-2009, 09:02 PM
A guy like him doesn't play longer than ten years. He's a violent hitter and I'm sure his health is a greater concern than fame and money, and anyway he's a millionare many times over and won't ever need to worry about money.

I believe the rumor.

He's a first ballet hall of famer too and with his celebrity status, etc he's a God outside of the NFL. ..money and fame is no problem for him.

realdeal
01-20-2009, 09:08 PM
I thought you were going to say he was gay!:laughing:

HometownGal
01-20-2009, 09:10 PM
LMAO at anyone who takes rumors from the Mark Madden show seriously :rofl:

B-I-N-G-O.

If Mark Madden, or the goontards who waste their breath calling into that beefalo's show, told me the sky was blue, I'd actually have to look up at the sky to be sure.

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 09:22 PM
NOTHING Troy did would ever surprise me. He marches to his own beat. And that's cool-moe-dee with me...

Vis
01-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Who is this "Madden"? Surely not someone to waste one's time on.

lilyoder6
01-20-2009, 09:35 PM
mark would say anything nowadays to get some attention... i hope the rumor is not true

HometownGal
01-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Who is this "Madden"? Surely not someone to waste one's time on.

Hey Vis! :wave:

Mark Madden is a fat, pompous, Steelers-hatin' POS who has an afternoon sports talk radio show now on WXDX-FM. He was given the heave ho by both WTAE and ESPN for his foul mouth, insulting behavior and most recently, his terribly inconsiderate remark about Senator Kennedy's cancer.

I had the pleasure of telling him to "F off" several years back before he could cut me off. I called to talk about a Steelers-related issue and he got ignorant with me, so I shoveled his shit right back. It's a live show, so there was really nothing he could do except hang up on me after my comeback. :chuckle: XT remembers it well and still has a good laugh over it.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Who the hell would hire that hack? It takes a lot to get fired from BSPN and he achieved that!

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired at the end of his current contract. He has stuff he wants to do after football, and he will have more than enough money to live off of, and do whatever it is he wants.

And when he does retire, this Steeler fan will shed tears, because he knows he will probally never see a strong saftey the caliber of Troy Polamalu again in his lifetime.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I can see him hanging it up in 2 years his body has taken a beating

Justin Otstott
01-20-2009, 11:44 PM
If this was to happen I'm not worried our past when it comes to drafting...well we are damn good at finding players.

section514
01-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Hey Vis! :wave:

Mark Madden is a fat, pompous, Steelers-hatin' POS who has an afternoon sports talk radio show now on WXDX-FM. He was given the heave ho by both WTAE and ESPN for his foul mouth, insulting behavior and most recently, his terribly inconsiderate remark about Senator Kennedy's cancer.

I had the pleasure of telling him to "F off" several years back before he could cut me off. I called to talk about a Steelers-related issue and he got ignorant with me, so I shoveled his shit right back. It's a live show, so there was really nothing he could do except hang up on me after my comeback. :chuckle: XT remembers it well and still has a good laugh over it.

I hated him when he was on 1250, completely hated him. Have you listened to him on the x? His show has done a complete 180. on 1250 he had some stupid co-hosts and trivia and crap. I am starting to like his show on the x and I have even called in a few times.

paw-n-maul-u
01-21-2009, 12:24 AM
yeah, this superbowl run is great. but some of the repercussions may be seeing players retire like Troy, A. Smith. Farrior. T. Carter. Townsend. hell maybe even ward ... I'm sure I could think of a few more. Kiesel. Kirshke Hoke ...

Granted I don't think we'll see any sweeping changes in the next year ... however, these next couple drafts will be crucial to the longevity of us being a perennial contender. Other than a couple of the skill positions and a couple of the LB's and O-linemen, this is a very veteran team. Big Ben will keep us contending on his own for atleast another 4-5+ years, however, he takes more hits than a punching bag and you gotta wonder when something is gonna give. I pray and hope not, but he needs some help

markymarc
01-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Sorry, but Madden is the last person I would trust when talking about any Steelers players. I could see Troy playing out his contract and then seriously considering retirement.

eafratitpm3
01-21-2009, 09:07 AM
All I care about is he stays a Steeler his whole career!!!!!!!!

shevdog
01-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Madden was also making a big deal about rumors that the PA guy was getting fired, which wasn't true. Of course that rumor came from Balitmore. Remember, Mark Madden is out for ratings. Also he is one of the biggest Big Ben fans out there.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-21-2009, 10:58 AM
he does take a beating

section514
01-21-2009, 11:59 AM
this thread is why i can believe this rumor http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=32050

SteelCurtain7
01-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Since Troy is a man of honor and a man of faith, I see him fulfilling his contract (barring injury, God forbid). :cool: