PDA

View Full Version : Gadget Plays vs. Disciplined Defense

public - enemy
01-20-2009, 05:59 PM
It was reported that former back up Q.B Brian St. Pierre requested Haley call
that gadget play against the eagles. I remember the one we had in XL. If our def. backs stay at home against the cardinals, they will not be able to do this against the steelers. I hope Arians has his own gadget play up his sleeve. The steelers secondary has to play smart and not lose sight of Fitzgerald at anytime

Hapa
01-20-2009, 07:27 PM
It was reported that former back up Q.B Brian St. Pierre requested Haley call
that gadget play against the eagles. I remember the one we had in XL. If our def. backs stay at home against the cardinals, they will not be able to do this against the steelers. I hope Arians has his own gadget play up his sleeve. The steelers secondary has to play smart and not lose sight of Fitzgerald at anytime

Gadget plays almost always rely on DBs running up to support the run.

That only works if your run game has been working and is a prime threat, so the safeties are kind of on their toes to run up and help.

Their running game being a threat will definitely not be the case!

IAWarnerFan
01-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Gadget plays are nice, but it takes time and excellent blocking for them to work. The Cardinals may try one during the Super Bowl. We also did one against the Falcons.

86WARD
01-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Arians hasn't run a gadget play in two years...lol...

HometownGal
01-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Gadget plays are nice, but it takes time and excellent blocking for them to work. The Cardinals may try one during the Super Bowl. We also did one against the Falcons.

Just as Wiz knows Lebeau quite well, Lebeau knows Wiz likes the gadget plays and I'm sure he'll be ready for 'em.

Who knows - maybe Arians will wake up on February 1st morn, have a revelation and throw a gadget play in there. I know, I know - well, we can dream can't we? :chuckle:

stlrtruck
01-21-2009, 09:08 AM
It is going to require that Ryan Clark not bite on the play action and instead cover the deep just a few seconds longer. In all actuality, the linemen will give it away as they won't be able to go downfield and they'll stay at the LOS!

I know Dickie LeBeau can get his boys to recognize the play as it comes at them.