PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thoughts from Ravens board about Clark's hit ..

SteelersGirlTN7
01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
//It was a cheap, dirty hit. Ryan Clark is the same guy who hit Wes Welker earlier this season. Of course, every Steeler fan will praise him. I personally would be embarrassed to have guys like Ryan Clark on my team. I hope Ryan Clark never plays a down of football again. //

Hello, Pot meet Kettle ... have ya looked at the Ravens roster? Its a bunch of thugs, who can't stand when a team hits harder than they do. This is like beating a dead horse .. but come on...it's all peachy when your players PUBLICLY express their bounties on our players .... but oh my god STOP THE WORLD when one of your guys goes down!

Ryan Clark led with his shoulder .. Willis McGahee put his head down at the wrong moment. Ryan Clark knocked himself out too. He's a hard hitter ...but youll NEVER see him on the field/sideline celebrating or happy that he knocked you out. That;s what Ray Ray and Terrell Suggs do.

I never want to see a player seriously hurt - but you know? When you put a bounty out on a player, you're asking for trouble! Even if it's just karma!!

That thread just made me so mad!! LOL GO STEELERS!!

Fire Haley
01-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I've read much worse, let them choke on them bitter grapes.

I'm still laughing at the Titans boards swallowing their loss...

".. this year was as close to perfect as you could ask for. NE not in the playoffs, Indy struggling first half of season and knocked out in 1st round, we got #1 seed for crying out loud and still couldn't do jack when everything was lined up for the taking...and we blew it.....I still want to jab rusty nails in my eyes..."

To me, it's been a perfect Steelers season - all our rivals are having to choke on the Mighty Steelers going to the SB.
That's enough pleasure to last me till next Sunday. ha ha!

Sharkissle29
01-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Go to a redskins board and see what you will find. I bet you will find praise, and pissed off fans about letting ryan clark leave.

They are just mad they got beat by us 3 times

Crow-Magnon
01-20-2009, 07:45 PM
//It was a cheap, dirty hit. Ryan Clark is the same guy who hit Wes Welker earlier this season. Of course, every Steeler fan will praise him. I personally would be embarrassed to have guys like Ryan Clark on my team. I hope Ryan Clark never plays a down of football again. //

Hello, Pot meet Kettle ... have ya looked at the Ravens roster? Its a bunch of thugs, who can't stand when a team hits harder than they do. This is like beating a dead horse .. but come on...it's all peachy when your players PUBLICLY express their bounties on our players .... but oh my god STOP THE WORLD when one of your guys goes down!

Ryan Clark led with his shoulder .. Willis McGahee put his head down at the wrong moment. Ryan Clark knocked himself out too. He's a hard hitter ...but youll NEVER see him on the field/sideline celebrating or happy that he knocked you out. That;s what Ray Ray and Terrell Suggs do.

I never want to see a player seriously hurt - but you know? When you put a bounty out on a player, you're asking for trouble! Even if it's just karma!!

To be fair, it's not every Ravens forum poster.

You and I both know there are goobers on every forum. Here, there and everywhere. That hit was hard, vicious, mind-blowing and 100% legal.

And any true fan of football knows it, no matter what team they support.

Just like they all know that roughing the punter flag was Bo-Gus!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

AllD
01-20-2009, 07:50 PM
He is the new "Hit Man" in the NFL. He should do a commercial for Tylenol.

OX1947
01-20-2009, 07:53 PM

You do have players like that on your team you delusional numb nuts. His name is Terrel Suggs. And Suggs actually, isnt the only one. Bleep the ravens and bleep their fans. Im glad Willis is ok, but other then that, bleep em...

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
bart scott hit willie parker in the facemask with the crown of his helmet on a tackle.

nfl network shows it as a top 10 play of the weekend.

how come the ratbird whiners arent complaining about that? probably because their player didnt get knocked the fuhgout.

SteelersGirlTN7
01-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Absolutely! The roughing the kicker call was awful! It brought back memories of Joe Nedney in the 2002 playoff game.

Did I mind that it was in our favor? Heck no! I am glad us winning the game didn't hinge on that call. However, after seeing Ben get mugged, pushed down, and just overall harassed all game up to that point with no penalties at all and the atrocious calls on the no TD for Santonio and the rest of that drive, causing us to kick a FG instead of getting a touchdown ... I will ABSOLUTELY take it ...

And, yes, you are also right about every forum having their bad posters. That;s not my point. Whether the fans make bone head posts or not doesn't matter. When your team's players are acting like thugs, throwing bounties out, and celebrating hits that knock out a player (ie, Mendenhall this year), all because they don't like getting hit harder by the opponent, that's the problem I have.

The Steelers/Ravens rivalry has become a bloodbath ... neither team is going to leave the game the way they came into it.

Godfather
01-20-2009, 08:06 PM

I'd be more embarrassed to have a murderer on my team. But that's just me.

verks36
01-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Absolutely! The roughing the kicker call was awful! It brought back memories of Joe Nedney in the 2002 playoff game.

Ya i was thinking the exact for once the steelers were on the other end of these bogus calls

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Perhaps the Ratbird players aren't as conditioned and in-shape as they need to be?

I don't know. When our THREE players got hit helmet to helmet, they were all fine. When their one got hit by a helmet, he was not. That Sweed hit was legal. I think Corey Ivy is just NOW figuring out that the game is over.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Mendy probably told Clark pregame, their RB-----Out!. Haha I doubt he would say that. But what did you expect? I expected a hard-hitting game.

zsheik22
01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
I posted the truth on their forums.

I got silenced for it.

Some idiot was using the terrible towel for his toilet and everything else.

I tried to tell them the towel meant much more than football. All proceeds for it go to a school for the challenged, and it was created by a man who passed away which seems like yesterday.

Disrespect at it's finest. They dont want to hear that though....they're perfectly comfortable in their current state of denial.

beSteelmyheart
01-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Just take heart in knowing they are choking on a bitter, bitter pill . To be so close & yet so far away. Just makes ya all teary eyed, don't it?:chuckle:

Frankie3521
01-20-2009, 09:54 PM
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq322/yellow_stang03/raven.jpg

HometownGal
01-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Who gives a rats azz what a bunch of sore lahoooooosers think? It's going to stick in their craws for a long, long time that the Steelers bested them 3 out of 3 this season and kicked their purple azzes all over the field last Sunday. Let them wallow in their misery.

Fire Haley
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
You go girl.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Who cares? Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl!

Only problem is my "What's the difference between a Dynasty and a Wanna-Be? Various Mileage and Four to Five World Championships" t-shirt will be null and void.

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Ratbird fans are comical man really, don't even pay attention to them losers!

CargoJon
01-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Well, the league declared that the hit was legal - no fine to be issued.

That should clear up any confusion on the part of our purple-shirted loser friends.

Tankus_Maximus
01-20-2009, 11:14 PM
bart scott hit willie parker in the facemask with the crown of his helmet on a tackle.

nfl network shows it as a top 10 play of the weekend.

how come the ratbird whiners arent complaining about that? probably because their player didnt get knocked the fuhgout.

or the NUMEROUS late hits on Ben when the ball has clearly already been out of his hand for quite some time that NEVER GET CALLED!!!

steelreserve
01-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I think it's more like this.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/capt_taco/sore-loser.jpg

Justin Otstott
01-20-2009, 11:57 PM
It def was a clean hit I seen with my own two eyes clark go in with a shoulder. I did feel a bit sad that dude was hurt...at first I jumped out my seat but things got scary. Glad he's ok but Screw the ravens...ray lewis is a crybaby and blah lol...

DACEB
01-21-2009, 07:11 AM

how come the ratbird whiners arent complaining about that?

I mentioned that in another thread Tony. The most clearest definition of helmet to helmet, square in the facemask with the crown of his helmet. Scott completely lead with his helmet with his head down. I suppose if he had hurt his neck, with that crap spear, it would have been FWP's fault.

Rick5895
01-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Poor little Ratbirds and there fans. I don't think this rivalry will be the same with Ryan leaving for the jets and at least one of Lewis, Suggs or Scott not there next season. They are on the decline and Ratbird fans no it, that is why this is such a bitter defeat for them.
They are the updated version of the 70's Raiders, always whining when things don't go thier way!!
And we can smile and laugh as we collect ring number 6!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz05
01-21-2009, 08:10 AM
I talked to quite a few Ravens fans yesterday at work. And they all said the same thing...The Better Team Won! No one questioned the hit. They all said it was legal. So there are some knowledgeable Ravens fans. One guy actually said it was the hardest hit he ever saw. The play he queastioned though was Troy hurdling the line to stop Flacco on 4th and 1. He said he thought he was using leverage. But other then that it was all good.

Morons are everywhere. And most of them don't deserve to steal my air.

stlrtruck
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
To be fair, it's not every Ravens forum poster.

You and I both know there are goobers on every forum. Here, there and everywhere. That hit was hard, vicious, mind-blowing and 100% legal.

And any true fan of football knows it, no matter what team they support.

Just like they all know that roughing the punter flag was Bo-Gus!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

I think a lot of fans are just upset that the majority of their players don't hit as hard as ravens and steelers do and don't understand that's just a typical game between those two teams.

And yeah, that emmy winning performance by Berger was the most bogus I've seen in ages.

tony hipchest
01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
The play he queastioned though was Troy hurdling the line to stop Flacco on 4th and 1. He said he thought he was using leverage. But other then that it was all good.

i believe "leaping" is only a penalty on placekicks. ive never seen it called on regular plays from scrimmage and troy has done his superfly snuka move several times this season.

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Reading Rats fans talk football is akin to listening to mentally retarded people discuss Shakespeare sonnets.

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 11:50 AM
i just wanna know where Ray Lewis was the night Joey Porter got shot?

Hammer67
01-21-2009, 12:07 PM
The Clark hit on Willis was perfectly legal and he led with his shoulder...

If Ravens fans have anything to bitch about, it's that Willis ducked his head into the hit....

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
^^^ Willis is actually the reason there was Helmet to Helmet Contact. For some reason he thought maybee he was gonna run over a CB flying 20 MPH at you.

CPanther95
01-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Scott's hit on Parker was closer to illegal than this one.

JHSilverback
01-21-2009, 03:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mk1OrZoAsA8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mk1OrZoAsA8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this all I gotta say quit crying baltimore :tt02:

Giovanni
01-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Reading Rats fans talk football is akin to listening to mentally retarded people discuss Shakespeare sonnets.

This is true. I went over there for the first time ever last week ahead of the game. They have such an inferiority complex towards the Steelers that it borders on mental illness. They know nothing about football at all. Somebody over there was convinced that Polamalu and Reed played the same position. They go on and on about Steroid use in the 1970's and actually believe we did not earn those 4 trophies. They claim they have the same success as the Steelers because they have won as many Super Bowls from the time the Brownies became Rats. It kills them that this is a Steeler Nation and cannot come to terms with the huge fan base. So, they continually try to explain how the fans across the country are not true fans but bandwagon jumpers. These guys need some major psycho-therapy.

stlrz fan
01-21-2009, 03:59 PM
if the tables were turned they would still be bragging about the hit. They would go on and on about how they are the tougher team and show video of the hit on their forums. Ray Lewis would say he's done and dance around and make stupid faces even though he wasn't in on the play. What if it were Ryan Clark that had to be taken off the field? All we would hear is their ridiculous We Are The Ravens Crap.

CaliStillersFan
01-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I love how when we hit any of the Ratbirds it's totally dirty, but when they do it, it's a great hit. I think the hit on Ward was more of a dirty hit than the one Clark laid on McGahee. No our fault McGahee is a pansy that constantly gets hurt.