PDA

View Full Version : TERRIBLE TOWEL RIPOFF TRAVESTY!

steelfanman
01-20-2009, 06:53 PM
My first post....I never post on message boards I usually just leech. But mesaSteeler just started working in our office and introduced me to the board. I usually stay off message boards...I get worked up enough just watching the games....and nervous enough anticipating the next game....

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3448127&cp=&sr=1&kw=towel&s=A-UnitRank-NFL&pg=1&origkw=towel&parentPage=search

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3448124&cp=&sr=1&kw=towel&s=A-UnitRank-NFL&pg=1&origkw=towel&parentPage=search

Anyway, I read in Steelers Digest about the new towels the NFL is licensing now for both conference champs and the super bowl champ. We all know why something like this...ripping off our traditions...pisses us all off, so I won't get into a rant about it.

Instead...we need to make sure these towels (which are all white) don't end up becoming a presence in the stadium by the bandwagon riding Cardinal fans. The conspiracy part of me thinks the NFL is doing this on purpose in response to the towels drowning out the Cryhawk fans in Detroit. They just happen to be white like the free promo towels the Cardinal fans wave at their games. They know the Cardinal fans aren't resourceful or loyal enough to come up with their own traditions.

I don't really know the composition of the people that attend the Super Bowl. I was so blown away how many of us flooded Ford Field and Sun Devil Stadium. But I guess there must be some there that are just there because it is the Super Bowl....and may, by chance, pick up a white towel as a souvenir and wave it at the game.

(This is also why I don't post on message boards..I never keep it short.)

So all those that are going to the game......take 5 extra Terrible Towels to the game with you, and distribute them to to everyone sitting around you that doesn't already have one. If you won't get the Cardinal fans to buy in, at least the neutral people will instantly become Steelers fans if not just by appearance only, and they won't know any better anyway because they are just there to be seen.

And since we have the only towels in the league with a history and a conscience, you'll be contributing to charity AND making sure the boys see nothing but black and gold in the stands!

GO STEELERS!

:tt03: :tt02: :tt:

Sharkissle29
01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Trust me my friend, the terrible towels will show up. No REAL steeler fan would wave that piece of shit

SteelStang
01-20-2009, 06:58 PM
If the league was looking for attention by doing this stupid idea... They got it! What a joke.

Dodt
01-20-2009, 07:06 PM
the real deal : http://news.steelers.com/catalog/product/101999/

wadester47
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Copying a winning idea , is very flattering - but cheap.

One towel,one team one unbelievable nation.

Sharkissle29
01-20-2009, 07:10 PM
the real deal : http://news.steelers.com/catalog/product/101999/

i think im gonna order one and use it for the game....

has anyone else? and what towel will you be waving? i know every fan has that special towel that is always #1, but im thinkin about trying something new and order the superbowl version for once to use for the game.

86WARD
01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Just go get yourself a SB XLIII TT from steelers.com!!!

If I was going, I'd have no problem buying the TT and distributing them. Right now, steelers.com has buy one get one on the 75th Anniversary and the SBXL towels...grab one of those for yourself and a friend!!!

AllD
01-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't expect too many Cards fans with red shirts let alone white towels. You can bet the announcers will mention how it appears to be a home game for the Steelers.

The heritage of the Terrible Towel is much deeper than some quick revenue generating gimmick. True Steeler fans wouldn't even use a gimmick towel to wash their cars with.

The Universe will be right when a 6th Lombardi Trophy is added to the case on Feb 1st.

SteelersinCA
01-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I just wrote a review on NFLsho.com, wonder how long til they delete it!

CaliStillersFan
01-21-2009, 04:33 PM
No self-respected Steelers fan would wave a white towel!!!

I love watching other teams wave white towels, it looks like the fans want to surrender. I hope all the fans realize that it back fired during the divisional rounds when they gave them out for free. All the home teams lost except us. That should tell everyone not to ripoff this Pittsburgh original. The NFL is trying to make profit off of something that was created to support a charity. Anyone outside of Pittsburgh that tries to wave a towel will only bring their team bad luck!!! So go ahead and wave your white towels.

westcoastransplant
01-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Just ordered me a few of the OFFICIAL Super Bowl towel. There is now way in hell I would buy that white piece of crap!

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Actually i bought one of these white towels at the game.

Then my mom got a job!

steelax04
01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm going to buy a Cardinal's one...

then let my dog drop a deuce on it...

then set it on fire on Goodell's doorstep, ring the bell, and run!

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Im gonna wipe my Pet Goats TAINT with it and mail it to peyton manning.