PDA

View Full Version : Boy did I screw up!

Preacher
01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
So I am in the middle of my sermon on Sunday, just a-preaching away. I was trying to get across how the disciples were human, and they had human moments with Jesus.

As I was saying smart-alec, I choked... and the alec got stuck in the back of my throat.

It came out smart azzc.

There has been a number of people who has laughed at me since Sunday.

:laughing:

SteelersMongol
01-20-2009, 09:19 PM
:laughing:

It reminds of my English learning experiences when I was in the states in my first couple years. :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
01-20-2009, 10:38 PM
lol that is a funny story! my wife and daughter where singing special music one sabbath (the pulpit can be moved around it is not bolted to the floor). Well my youngest daughter is very nervious so my wife types outthe lyrics and placed it on the pulpit. So while they where singing my daughter leans into the pulpit and knocks it off the stage and her old sister says shiat into the mic! that was a few years ago and every so often someone reminds her and she gets all red in the face.

steelreserve
01-21-2009, 12:48 AM
well, at least you didn't call anyone a motherf***er. That would've been much worse. Also funnier.

MACH1
01-21-2009, 01:05 AM
That's about the time you pull out that twix and stuff it in your mouth. LOL

SteelCurtain7
01-21-2009, 06:05 AM
ROFL...that ranks up there with Spoonerisms, Preacher. :rofl:

xfl2001fan
01-21-2009, 08:31 AM
That's awesome Preach! When I was in my teens, I was giving witness to the church...and still hadn't quite broke my cursing habit.

I (barely) caught myself...and my catch caught on.

I believe line was:

I was so surprised I nearly SHtunk up the place.

About that time, I turn a very bright color of scarlet...and the preacher thanked me for my story.

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

xfl2001fan
01-21-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm lobbing one your way, better duck. :P