PDA

View Full Version : Ray-Ray to the Cowboys?

fansince'76
01-21-2009, 08:37 AM
3 years at $27-$30 million with $25 million guaranteed? Wonder what the Steelers would need to do to qualify for the salary cap exemption that seems to be reserved solely for the Cowboys and Redskins? :noidea:

Cowboys Reportedly Covet Ray Lewis

Posted: January 20, 2009

Sporting News staff reports

The Dallas Cowboys are very interested in acquiring Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, the Baltimore Sun reports.

The newspaper reports the Cowboys could be willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 million and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

In addition to his on-field skills, Lewis's personality makes him attractive to the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is said to believe Lewis could help solve the team's problems inside the locker room, the Sun reports.

The Ravens are expected to begin contract negotiations with Lewis, who is in the last year of his contract, shortly after the Super Bowl.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=509084

TackleMeBen
01-21-2009, 08:40 AM
In addition to his on-field skills, Lewis's personality makes him attractive to the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is said to believe Lewis could help solve the team's problems inside the locker room, the Sun reports

by showing them how to use knives instead of guns to kill people...lol

XxKnightxX
01-21-2009, 08:41 AM
His Chances of returning to the Ravnes are very slim. Unless he wants to take a massive pay cut and a short deal then he wont be returning to Baltimore. Suggs is their primary targer and possibly Bart Scott. It doesnt surprise me that the Cryboys are going after him. They need to straighten out those bunch of little drama queens.

Godfather
01-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Maybe he'll stab TO to death :laughing:

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 09:12 AM
If he's in a 3-4 it will help cover up the obvious flaws in his game and the fact that he's slowed quite a bit. Essentially the Cowboys would be paying for what he did, not what he can do. The Steelers made that mistake once with Chad Scott, then never again...

TackleMeBen
01-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Maybe he'll stab TO to death :laughing:
that is funny.. or for the fans maybe he can stab jessica to death since she is the reason romo cant focus in december..lol:chuckle:

KeiselPower99
01-21-2009, 09:19 AM
I want him out of the division but if he goes to Dallas he will never be off the tv.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-21-2009, 11:10 AM
His Chances of returning to the Ravnes are very slim. Unless he wants to take a massive pay cut and a short deal then he wont be returning to Baltimore. Suggs is their primary targer and possibly Bart Scott. It doesnt surprise me that the Cryboys are going after him. They need to straighten out those bunch of little drama queens.

He will be back in Baltimore. No way they let him play for another team.

Bart Scott is definatly the odd man out. He's not as big of an impact player as he thinks he is. He wouldn't even make the Steelers squad.

They will sign Suggs to a long term contract, or possibly even franchise him again.

Godfather
01-21-2009, 11:13 AM
that is funny.. or for the fans maybe he can stab jessica to death since she is the reason romo cant focus in december..lol:chuckle:

I'm willing to keep Jessica occupied so Romo can focus on football. I figure it can't hurt the Steelers because TO will blow up the locker room anyway.

steelreserve
01-21-2009, 11:18 AM
3 years at $27-$30 million with $25 million guaranteed? Wonder what the Steelers would need to do to qualify for the salary cap exemption that seems to be reserved solely for the Cowboys and Redskins? :noidea:

Dallas seems like a perfect fit for his brand of drama-queen thuggery.

And don't forget New England. They'll probably give them the salary cap exemption soon too.

TackleMeBen
01-21-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm willing to keep Jessica occupied so Romo can focus on football. I figure it can't hurt the Steelers because TO will blow up the locker room anyway.
i am sure you wouldnt mind volunteering to do the job..lol...

lilyoder6
01-21-2009, 12:59 PM
i think that ray ray could be the player that could go into that locker room and be "the leader" and get some shit together.. i could like him even more as a player if he is out of the division

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-21-2009, 03:34 PM
he will fit in perfectly with the rest of the thugs on that team

TackleMeBen
01-21-2009, 05:11 PM
he will fit in perfectly with the rest of the thugs on that team
maybe the bengals are interested in him...lol.. they are right up there with the cowboys in thug ville

Potsie
01-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Ray's showing his age a little, so I think it would be a bad move for the Cowboys. Although, people thought the same thing when Miami got Porter, and now he's back in the ProBowl.

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Rex Ryan could bring Ravens' Ray Lewis to Jets defense
Brett Favre's future with the Jets is uncertain, and Ray Lewis, whom Ryan coached for 10 years with the Ravens, is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent in March. The Jets are $10 million over the projected 2009 salary cap (that includes Favre's $13 million salary), so it's unlikely they would be able to afford both. -- NY Daily News

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors

BrandonCarr39
01-21-2009, 11:24 PM
As much as we need a firey locker room leader, desperately, Ray isn't the answer.

Jethro needs to do a better job in drafting guys with fire in their bellies, NOT on talent alone. Too bad SS Roy Williams never turned out to be that player.

SteelCityKing
01-22-2009, 12:46 AM
wow...Ray Lewis and Owens on the same team!?

*whooosh* did you hear that!? i think the ego has landed on that one! WOW! i really hope that doesn't happen.

even though i'm not the biggest Ray Lewis fan, i would still respect him a lot more if he retired as a Raven instead of pulling an Emmitt Smith and bailing to another team to end his career in mediocrity. hey Favre, that one was for you too.

stay with the Ravens...we LOVE beating up on you two...or 3 times a year! haha!

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 01:40 AM
^^^^ I feel like im following you around.

My cousin is in Law Enforcement and a Lifelong Dallas fan.
I always say how oculd you like a team with such character issues.
He gives me if they can play football it doesnt matter.

I think over this year in Dallas in definately mattered. As much as i hate the Cowgirls they were my preseason pick for the Super Bowl. Thats why i have not quite my dayjob i guess.

SteelCityKing
01-22-2009, 01:48 AM

I think over this year in Dallas in definately mattered. As much as i hate the Cowgirls they were my preseason pick for the Super Bowl. Thats why i have not quite my dayjob i guess.

they were my pick too to take it all the way in the NFC. then i seen the murder of the Cowboys at the hands of the Eagles defense and i changed my mind. i picked THEM to go all the way...i was close though. haha!

maybe the Eagles could use Ray Lewis? just a thought.

BrandonCarr39
01-22-2009, 01:52 AM

IMHO-the coaching staff was largely to blame b/c Wade Phillips all but shrugged off accountability for our team. I don't mind his laxed personality(numerous successful coaches have been like that-Dungy being one of them), however...his style is to the point where not only his players take on his personality, but they don't respect him over the long haul. Plus his "cupcake" camps were another downfall for this team(i.e. tackling was their biggest weakness). And, of course, it doesn't help too that Jethro's policy is that the players go through HIM, and NOT the HC(i.e. numerous players over the season, not just Owens, have complained to him over the way they were utilized in the coach's schemes).

BrandonCarr39
01-22-2009, 01:55 AM
they were my pick too to take it all the way in the NFC. then i seen the murder of the Cowboys at the hands of the Eagles defense and i changed my mind. i picked THEM to go all the way...i was close though. haha!

maybe the Eagles could use Ray Lewis? just a thought.

Wasn't San Diego picked to go the Super Bowl as well, only to back into the playoffs after Denver miraculously choked? And remember in the '07 offseason, they were crowning the Saints and Eagles as NFC favorites? Or how about Carolina the year before that?

Pt being that these rag media outlets are almost always wrong every offseason. *shrugs* The word "off" in offseason I guess has some truth to it.:coffee:

steelwall
01-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Back to the topic...Imagine Ray Ray and TO on the same team...I smell disaster in the locker room.

BrandonCarr39
01-22-2009, 02:36 AM
Back to the topic...Imagine Ray Ray and TO on the same team...I smell disaster in the locker room.

Who would win in a fight? Ray or TO? If the former is able to kick the latter's *** handily, then that locker room would get under control almost immediately.:popcorn:

Galax Steeler
01-22-2009, 04:06 AM
I don't see Lewis going anywhere I believe he will be a ratbird till he retires he wouldn't look right in another uniform exept maybe a orange prison uniform.

revefsreleets
01-22-2009, 08:56 AM
The Jets makes a lot of sense (for them mind you, NOT a team like the Steelers).

They love tossing mad cash at washed up guys for ridiculously unrealistic long contracts (like Kimo for 5...what'd he play? 2 years?). Of course since they don't have the supporting cast Killuh Ray needs, they'll soon rue the day they wasted millions when Ray continually gets driven out of the play by 210 lb RB's.

But that ain't our problem, is it?

lilyoder6
01-25-2009, 07:24 PM
out of the lb's.. who ever the ravens can't get.. i would think that the jets would be in good contention with rex being the HC

Dino 6 Rings
01-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Um...not for nothing...but wasn't Zach Thomas supposed to come in and bring "leadership" to the Dallas locker room?

HometownGal
01-25-2009, 07:53 PM
OMFG - say it aint so.

Wade Phillips will eat himself to death trying to deal with Stabbit Ray, T.O. AND Jerry Jones. I almost feel sorry for the blubbard. Almost.

Edman
01-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Bart Scott should be the odd man out. Besides the obvious blindside on Ben coming unblocked off the edge in 2006, has Bart ever done anything noticeable except look like a jackass?

devilsdancefloor
01-25-2009, 07:59 PM
this move would make dieon sanders wet himself on stage at NFL network! and i cant imagine both being on the cowboys so if they get ray do they cut TO?

SteelCityMan786
01-25-2009, 08:34 PM
OMFG - say it aint so.

Wade Phillips will eat himself to death trying to deal with Stabbit Ray, T.O. AND Jerry Jones. I almost feel sorry for the blubbard. Almost.

Wade for his own health and safety might as well resign before the clown show continues.

kittenfantastico76
01-27-2009, 08:17 AM
by showing them how to use knives instead of guns to kill people...lol

You took the words right out of my mouth! :chuckle:

Avoid LLoyd1975
01-27-2009, 06:13 PM
From one hated team to the next. I wonder how far the media is going to string out the Cowboys as the Superbowl fav's next season if Ray-Ray does in fact go there.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-28-2009, 01:21 AM
out of the lb's.. who ever the ravens can't get.. i would think that the jets would be in good contention with rex being the HC
Good thought, but I think they blew most of their cap space on Faneca, Jenkins, Favre and the OLB from the Cardinals.

Ray needs a NT to keep the center off him. Remeber how he cried when the Ravens went to a 4-3....he wasnt that productive without a fat slob keeping O linemen off him.

Hapa
01-28-2009, 07:38 AM

He'd be perfect for them. He's hard-working and intense. They're a bunch of superstars that care wayyyyyy to much about personal stats and having a "cool" public image.

Hapa
01-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Good thought, but I think they blew most of their cap space on Faneca, Jenkins, Favre and the OLB from the Cardinals.

Ray needs a NT to keep the center off him. Remeber how he cried when the Ravens went to a 4-3....he wasnt that productive without a fat slob keeping O linemen off him.

In a 3-4, ILBs line up right over the guard. They get blocked more than 4-3 ILBs because there is no one even shading the guard. He's completely free and is almost always blocking the ILB. That's exactly why Eric Mangini got rid of Jonathan Vilma, because he wanted bigger ILBs since he switched to 3-4.

sherlock
01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Godfather[/B];538913]I'm willing to keep Jessica occupied so Romo can focus on football. I figure it can't hurt the Steelers because TO will blow up the locker room anyway.

[B][Godfather/B],It`s very moving to know that such selfless sacrifice is alive in the
21st century.:chuckle:

xfl2001fan
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM

He was crying when they primarily went to a 3-4 defense because he was used to having Tony Siragusa and another DT in front of him tying up 3 blockers between them.

He started crying when they tried to go to a selfless playmaking defense instead of one that (essentially) filtered everything through him.

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 04:10 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e953f8

no hometown discounts from ray ray......:chuckle: this jackass is just so full of himself..

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Before I hit the pillow and shut the TV off , I do believe that I thought I saw the ESPN ticker on the bottom of the screen that Ray Lewis may want to go to Cowboys or Jets. Is this true or was I dreaming already.

If so this could be the end of Baltimore's D. Losing there coordinator and their voice and face of their franchise. Strange times we live in. Whole new NFL we are going to see in the next couple of years.

drizze99
02-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Yes, reports out of Baltimore is that Ray Ray will not accept a "hometown" discount to stay in Baltimore and said that joining back up with Rex over at the Jets is a very interesting option.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I think he ends up in Dallas. They have the most to gain from him weilding a knife in the locker room and straightening things out there.

Jerry Jones is gonna pay him some good $$ to replace Zach Thomas.

Sharkissle29
02-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I think ray ray joins up with the "old" jets

The Duke
02-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Well, I never thought I'd see favre play somewhere other than GB, so this could happen

Will be weird though....

Dallas can get rid of Zach Thomas and they'll have Bradie James and Lewis in the middle. Not bad, but they still won't win a playoff game

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-06-2009, 10:53 AM
I love to see them go to the Jets. My fathers a Jets fan and I just feel so sorry of that Fanbase. Draft after draft year after year shooting themselves in the foot.:chuckle:

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-06-2009, 10:56 AM
I think he ends up in Dallas. They have the most to gain from him weilding a knife in the locker room and straightening things out there.

Jerry Jones is gonna pay him some good $$ to replace Zach Thomas.

What is the cowboys cap room out of curiosity? Seems like they keep burning money :burning:

Stover4Prez
02-06-2009, 08:37 PM
If Stab-master Ray went to Dallas, I wouldn't be surprised. /Dallas: violating their parole by associating with known felons every time they huddle

Maybe he goes to Pittsburgh, and the same thing happens with Harrison's assaults and Holme's pot!

fansince'76
02-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Maybe he goes to Pittsburgh, and the same thing happens with Harrison's assaults and Holme's pot!

Those were misdemeanors. Not quite on the same level as a murder charge, but nothing says you can't grasp at straws all the same, right? :coffee:

SC Steeler Steve
02-06-2009, 11:04 PM
sallaD and Lewis, perfect fit...

Stover4Prez
02-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Those were misdemeanors. Not quite on the same level as a murder charge, but nothing says you can't grasp at straws all the same, right? :coffee:

The comparison was to Pac Man, not Lewis.

And last I checked Lewis wasn't convicted of murder. But I think Harrison pleaded guilty to assault!

MasterOfPuppets
02-06-2009, 11:36 PM
The comparison was to Pac Man, not Lewis.

And last I checked Lewis wasn't convicted of murder. But I think Harrison pleaded guilty to assault! lots of scumbags get turned loose in exchange for being a RAT ......would you like to explain why "mr innocent ", felt the need to fork over a cool mill to the victims family?

steelwall
02-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Who would win in a fight? Ray or TO? If the former is able to kick the latter's *** handily, then that locker room would get under control almost immediately.:popcorn:

I think Owens is a scared little girl, in a super human body. Ray Ray would do his best to bond with him, but when the spotlight switches from TO to RAY RAY that reeks of disaster to me.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-08-2009, 12:24 AM
lots of scumbags get turned loose in exchange for being a RAT ......would you like to explain why "mr innocent ", felt the need to fork over a cool mill to the victims family?

Ray only settled in 2004 after a civil suit was filed and he wanted to avoid the negative press of probably being found guilty of conspiracy to committ murder. Its like the OJ case where he was innocent in criminal, but guilty in civil court. This is why I really dislike his talk of "me and my god" and "I feel for the victims families"..........but it took a court charge for him to make financial restitution.

Stover4prez, I think most of your arguements are reasonable.....but you keep coming back to comparing Lewis obstruction of justice and accessory to murder, to Harrison slapping his girlfriend with an open hand as being the same. Please get real.

In the end, Ray ended up in an orange jumpsuit and rolled over on his guys and pleaded guilty to a lesser offense in exchange for testimony. The DA dropped charges against Harrison and his girlfriend did too.

DA drops domestic violence charges against Harrison
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Prosecutors on Thursday dropped domestic violence charges against Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison.http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8078f15e&template=without-video&confirm=true

Stover4Prez
02-08-2009, 01:25 AM
I just find the "murder" and felon bit so tired. Obviously a murder charge is not the same as beating your girlfriend. I guess I was just holding up the mirror to all those who claim Baltimore is a bunch of criminals when Pittsburgh's house isn't completely in order.

I don't expect everyone to like Ray. But I do, so I come to his defense.

ricksteelers55
02-08-2009, 04:10 AM
I just find the "murder" and felon bit so tired. Obviously a murder charge is not the same as beating your girlfriend. I guess I was just holding up the mirror to all those who claim Baltimore is a bunch of criminals when Pittsburgh's house isn't completely in order.

I don't expect everyone to like Ray. But I do, so I come to his defense.

Well I guess you will have to come to his defense in a green and white uniform cause I think that is where he will end up

devilsdancefloor
02-08-2009, 09:07 PM
If ray goes to dallas it wil be the same Old cryboys hot out of the gate and then crash and burn in december! the solution to all the woes in dallas is to have JJ go away and let someone run the team for him!

HometownGal
02-08-2009, 09:35 PM
I dont know guys, i think a guy like Ray would really straighten up that mess in Dallas. If he isnt resigned by Baltimore, i can see their defense suckin air, not just because of the loss of Rex Ryan, but the loss of Ray Ray. The man knows how to play football, and he knows how to fire up his team, u gotta give him that...

I disagree Psycho. With egos like TO and Romo in that lockeroom, Stabbit Ray would only pour fuel on that flaming shitpile.

Ray Ray was a very good LB for a lot of years and was a huge component of that 2000 Super Bowl team, but he's lost more than a few steps in the last several seasons. He isn't as effective anymore and while he is still the vocal leader of that bunch of purple rodents, Ed Reed trumps him on the field ten times over.

Galax Steeler
02-09-2009, 03:40 AM
I don't see how anyone could give him a big contract with his age. He still plays at a pretty high level but he aint the same lewis as years past.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I just find the "murder" and felon bit so tired. .

Not as tiresome as those who spell Steelers as Stealers......Your only about the 2,568th person to think up that "original" whine.

revefsreleets
02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
The FACT that he's a murderer aside, the dude is done. He has 1-2 years left IF he plays in a system (like he's in now) designed to filter plays to him so he can pad his stats. If he had to play on about 26 other defenses he'd be very average now...the guy is running on reputation at this point, but, judging by many responses on this thread, that rep is still pretty good. Unfortunately it has little to do with the reality of his situation...