PDA

View Full Version : We Can't Win....

stlrtruck
01-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Good Lord I don't know what's going to happen Sunday but from the looks of the breakdowns, we can't win, even with our stiffling defense.

Kurt Warner - the veteran QB will pick our blitzes and secondary apart
Fitz - he's too big, too strong. Only Troy might be able to cover him
Boldin - another big one. Maybe Ike can cover him.
James - good Lord he's re-energized and will run right past Woodley and Harrison
Hightower - he's young and strong and will wear down our DL and LB corp
Cards O-line - they are big tough and mean and will be knocking our players around all day

Hines Ward - he's too old and slow
Holmes - he's just not measuring up
Washington - he is only so-so
Sweed - he's our only hope and he drops the ball when he's wide open
Roethlisberger - he holds on to the ball too long and takes too many sacks
FWP - that knee injury slowed him down too much
MeMo - he might be able to get past the cards front line occassionally
Miller - he might get open but Ben is going to have too much pressure to get him the ball

It's over people, the Steelers are going to lose! I can't stand it. I should just sale my truck, buy a new cardinal red one, and jump the bandwagon.

P.s. this is a serious petition for a sarcasm smiley!!!!!

tony hipchest
01-21-2009, 09:14 AM
plus tomlin is 0-7 in 4:15 games.

"must wine. can no lose any more game."

GodofGridiron
01-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Most of whats been stated above is what Cardinal fans WANT to believe.

DACEB
01-21-2009, 09:22 AM
I should just sale my truck

What are you asking for the truck?? /sarcasm smiley!

Steelers
01-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Oh woe is us! I'll alert the team immediately. No point in flying all the way down to Tampa...

BlastFurnace
01-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I'd rather the media say these type of things than talk favorably about us.

Trust me, all we have to do is rattle Warner in the 1st QTR...and their offense is finished.

drizze99
01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Yea we suck.... why even go to Tampa. Just deliver the hardware to AZ and call it a day!

hudsonp
01-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Most of whats been stated above is what Cardinal fans WANT to believe.

then they are going to be really upset when they wake up feb. 2

Bob Russell
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
OH NO!!! What are we going to do?!!!! The secret is out.

Yeah, how much for the truck?

shevdog
01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Haha! That's a good one!

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 10:22 AM
We are superior in every category but WR and punter. All the rest is hype to get people to watch this blowout...

Polamalu Princess
01-21-2009, 10:31 AM
:chuckle:Also, Reed has never been able to win a game for us...

stlrtruck
01-21-2009, 11:35 AM
What are you asking for the truck?? /sarcasm smiley!

probably more than you'll pay me (LOL)...

see this post reeks of sarcasm!!!

kittenfantastico76
01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Oh woe is us! I'll alert the team immediately. No point in flying all the way down to Tampa...

In this economy I'm sure they'd appreciate this heads up... totally. :wink:

Mordax
01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
P.s. this is a serious petition for a sarcasm smiley!!!!!

http://www.teamdrunkottawa.com/funnay/images/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

:tt03:

Blitzburgh_Fever
01-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Seriously, this is getting old. Even ESPN etc are giving the Cards a real shot. Everyone I talk to seems to think Warner is about two times the QB that Manning is, and we deal with Manning seemingly every year and come out pretty fair. This is so silly.

I get annoyed that we're the big, nasty, evil guys, when realistically the Steelers have cohesion at quarterback, don't have players smarting off to coaches, have done the right thing when it comes to discipline issues, and play smart and give it our all. Yet the Cryboys and Cardinals are the teams that play with "heart".

I guess I was raised wrong, but crying every time you lose or come under criticism isn't playing with "heart". The Cardinals are almost there, getting fired up when things go bad, but you don't turn around and implode and blame others. That's not "heart". Heart is getting up every day, doing what you have to, be it with reason at times or emotion, be it in football or life, be it a game played for entertainment to test the mettle of young men or a working a 40 hour a week job for 40 years to provide for those you love. That's heart. And there's only one team in the NFL that has that kind of heart.

JHSilverback
01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
oooo yea that great cards D you know...when Hank Baskett jacks up two defenders with one block you know Hines is gonna have a field day

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fQ4cn6HX2Eo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fQ4cn6HX2Eo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

This is not my video and had no choice in the music...just helps to prove my point

TackleMeBen
01-21-2009, 02:07 PM
In this economy I'm sure they'd appreciate this heads up... totally. :wink:
maybe they could use the money needed to fly to tampa to sign some much needed FAs..lol:chuckle:

The_WARDen
01-21-2009, 02:09 PM
It's simple math
1. Our defense cancels out their offense +
1. Our offense is better than their defense and that's where the game will be won.
= 6 Super Bowl wins.

Giovanni
01-21-2009, 02:10 PM
I would not worry about ESPNba. Lets face it, they will cover the Cowboys over the next two weeks just as much as the SB. They are going to play out this great story of our opponent. They love this stuff and to be honest, they would not give us any credit no matter which team we are playing. They wanted Seattle to win too.

We are the better team and we are battle hardened given our schedule. I realize the better team does not always win but if we play our game on defense, do not make mental mistakes like dropping touchdown passes and avoid turnovers, then I see now way we lose this game. Ben is not going to give them the gift of 5 interceptions and I suspect Kurt Warner is going to spend a lot of time on his back. It's all about timing with him. Disrupt the timing, then he and Cardinals are toast.

TackleMeBen
01-21-2009, 02:14 PM
but if we play our game on defense, do not make mental mistakes like dropping touchdown passes and avoid turnovers
and stupid penalties.. and we all know who i am talking about.lol

SteelStang
01-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Why all the talk about these 415pm games? Kickoff is 618pm. Or did I miss something????:doh:

TackleMeBen
01-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Why all the talk about these 415pm games? Kickoff is 618pm. Or did I miss something????:doh:
that would be 418pm mtn time though..lol

MACH1
01-21-2009, 02:20 PM
that would be 418pm mtn time though..lol

Yes, yes it is. :laughing:

TackleMeBen
01-21-2009, 02:21 PM
sorry, i just had to put that out there..lol

Giovanni
01-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't understand. We played and won plenty of 4:15 games this season. Dallas, San Diego, the last game against the Baltimorons......, New England,

stlrtruck
01-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Or did I miss something????:doh:

Yes you did miss something,

Must whine, can no lose anymore games!!!!

SteelersMongol
01-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Yes you did miss something,

Must whine, can no lose anymore games!!!!

Ha ha ha. :laughing: Nice pull. & you've forgot 2 mention anything about our great punter. :wink02:

stlrtruck
01-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Ha ha ha. :laughing: Nice pull. & you've forgot 2 mention anything about our great punter. :wink02:

I don't want you to be unhappy SM, so here's your honorable mention:

We can't win because our QB punts farther than our punter!!!

stlrz fan
01-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Whiz knows what both our offense and defense will do before we even know. And of course he's got the grudge! We don't stand a chance.

DACEB
01-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Your right we can't win.....Even when we're beating them down a little part of me will feel bad for 'the Steelers west'. I actually like Whiz, Warner, Edge, Fitz and Morey. That's the problem with this game, I don't hate on the Cards.

lilyoder6
01-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I don't want you to be unhappy SM, so here's your honorable mention:

We can't win because our QB punts farther than our punter!!!

at least we know mitch can tackle when he needs too

SC Steeler Steve
01-22-2009, 10:21 AM
And believe me, these are the same Cards that shouldnt have made it past the falcons. We were the best team in the NFL during the season and nothing has changed.

But I like all the critics, just makes it that much sweeter to start on the other hand... :tt: