PDA

View Full Version : Our Offensive Line Has Sure Come A Long Way, Huh?

SlackerCSB
01-21-2009, 09:36 AM
I know I overreacted after the Eagles game and was hoping for a 9-7 season. They just seem to get better and better each week they play together...

:tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Yes, they have really seemed to gel togeher, especially in time for the playoffs. Though Willie Colon is still garbage.

scsteeler
01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Yes the O-line still has a lot of improvement to make but overall they are playing much better and as you know it takes longer for the O-line to gel and as they play together more they will get better and better. They need to have the best game of the year in the Superbowl.

I would like to see Parker run for at least 150+ yards against Arizona

Stlrs4Life
01-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Yes they have came a long way, 1 more game will tell the story. Must give them credit they played decent against a good D on Sunday.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Yes, they have really seemed to gel togeher, especially in time for the playoffs. Though Willie Colon is still garbage.

Agreed, once the darft comes around we need to find someone that will bump this guy off the starting o line. Until then lets gear up and win the superbowl baby! :tt03:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Agreed, once the darft comes around we need to find someone that will bump this guy off the starting o line. Until then lets gear up and win the superbowl baby! :tt03:

That's for sure! Willie Colon is decent for a backup and I think is much better suited to play gaurd. I just hope the SOB doesn't get a TD overturned due to holding in the Super Bowl.

steelreserve
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Good enough. That's all we need them to be. I wouldn't want to go into another full season this way, but we've done a great job making the most out of what we have right now.

CanadianSteel
01-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Our pass locking has definately improved as Ben usually has adequate time and even a pocket now soemtimes. The run blocking still seems inconsistent but they have played top defenses this year

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
We got Marvel Smith and Kendall Simmons still also. Imagine if these guys didnt get injured.

Willie Colon pisses me off, He took William Gay's list on my Shitlist. If he lines up without his helmet on the line one more time Im gonna poop in his law this summer.

William Gay has been playing a lot better recently while i think about it.

lilyoder6
01-21-2009, 01:08 PM
i think gay has been playing good all yr..
and i am actually happier that starks is playing lt instead of smith

RoethlisBURGHer
01-21-2009, 01:39 PM
This line finally freaking gels, and we've got Starks and Kemo as UFA's.

LVSteelersfan
01-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Sorry, the line is not gelling as long as that jerk Colon is on it. He costs us more penalties than the rest put together. What makes anyone think he is not going to false start because he moves to Guard. He needs to get his head out of his butt is what he needs to do. We should have won most of the game we won by much bigger scores except for a lot of bonehead plays by him. The first draft pick BETTER be to replace him.

LVSteelersfan
01-21-2009, 01:47 PM
BTW, the line has been playing much better overall except for his stupid play. The Ravens were kept off Ben pretty well when Colon wasn't doing something stupid. I don't think the Cards will get to Ben. And that is good.

CaliStillersFan
01-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Our first three draft picks in April better be offensive lineman. Yes it's nice to see them finally gel, but wouldn't it be nice next year if it doesn't take them 16 weeks to get to this point?

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 06:05 PM
The steelers love kemoeatu so i imagine that will be a signing...We really need a good FA pickup. Unless you get a Joe Thomas in the first 5 picks their is a little time for a offensive lineman to get good in the NFL.