PDA

View Full Version : OK Steeler Fans...

82CardsGrad
01-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Look, in my opinion, I came here and was more than respectful and courteous. Even stated how much I respect and honor your team... Thought I would get into some solid football banter. With one or two exceptions, I was wrong...

It's clear to me that you guys simply can't allow for the possibility that this game might be closer than you seem to believe it will be.
You constantly say "you heard this crap before" from Charger fans and the like. That's cool... I'm done and outta here...

I'll be back though after the game, win or lose... Should you guys win, I will give you all the props you deserve. Should the game be a tight one, I will also remind you of what I've said about the Cards... And should we win - well, ban me now!!
All kidding aside - I would have enjoyed the chance to chat about real football topics... Oh well...

Ciao,

:popcorn:

fansince'76
01-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Don't let the door hitya.... :coffee:

MACH1
01-21-2009, 12:08 PM
BUH BYE

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Jerry Gar CYA.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-21-2009, 12:18 PM
quoting myself in another thread

WOW

First this guy introduces himself as a STEELERS/JETS/CARDS fan
Second he accusing of all Steeler fans as ignorant people who don't retain his knowable input. (In which if he had a brain he would see we agree with him on most topics)
Third every time you rebut his arguement he simple puts a :blah: in your face like a 7yr old kid.
Fourth he tries to patch it up and play the good guy card at the end of his posts.
Fifth he goes back to his own site where he belongs and whines and pouts and moans about the steelers fans.

Geez man, you are a Troll im sorry. Like I said I try to give the benefit of the doubt but you got :troll: written all over for you.

PLEASE invite someone else from cardinalstalk to come over to replace you. Maybe a fan scratch that a MAN with respect.

revefsreleets
01-21-2009, 12:19 PM
"Football discussion" requires a certain basic level of general knowledge about the game. Stating that the Cardinals are going to win by several scores CLEARLY demonstrates a lack of that said knowledge.

If there are any knowledgable Cards fans, feel free to invite them over for some football talk. We genuinely welcome those types of posters...

Steelcitygal87
01-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Look, in my opinion, I came here and was more than respectful and courteous. Even stated how much I respect and honor your team... Thought I would get into some solid football banter. With one or two exceptions, I was wrong...

It's clear to me that you guys simply can't allow for the possibility that this game might be closer than you seem to believe it will be.
You constantly say "you heard this crap before" from Charger fans and the like. That's cool... I'm done and outta here...

I'll be back though after the game, win or lose... Should you guys win, I will give you all the props you deserve. Should the game be a tight one, I will also remind you of what I've said about the Cards... And should we win - well, ban me now!!
All kidding aside - I would have enjoyed the chance to chat about real football topics... Oh well...

Ciao,

I thought you and I had a good conversation over in another thread?(can't remember the title now). I have been very complimentary toward the Cardinals and have a lot of respect for them, and believe me I know they should not be taken lightly. This is not going to be any cake walk for my beloved Steelers. The Cards present a lot of challenges for our team. I'll talk about football with ya, if you like? Let me know.

Dawn

Go Steelers! :tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
01-21-2009, 12:21 PM

Ciao,

Lets discuss it.

The Steelers defense is #1 against the Pass, and even if the Cardinals are #1 right now in scoring in the playoffs, the Steelers are #2 in scoring offense. The Rushing Defense of the Steelers is very good, the Cardinals Running game has gotten better since being 32 in the regular season, but it could be more because of other teams focussing on the Passing Game, then it has to do with the Cards actually running the ball. (Carolina they had such a huge lead they could run it 44 times)

The Cards have a very high powered offense when not pressed or under pressure. They got out to big leads in their playoff games and did enough to keep other teams from scoring too many points and holding on. They also had the luxary of having one QB completely crap his pants in Carolina. 5 ints and a fumble. That will win the Lions a game.

The Offense of the Cards is very good, but the "Wiz knows the Steelers" line isn't quite so. Since winning the SB 3 years ago, did you know we only have 1 of the same linemen left as a starter? Grimm has zero knowledge about the guys we have blocking for us now. As for Running Backs, Davis and Russell with Moore, none of them have rings either. So basically, they are familiar with the QB and the WRs. Yet now we run an entirely different offense because Arians tore up the old playbook and got rid of plays that existed since Brister was QB. So our offense, is totally different.

As for the Defense. There is so much film on our defense, and what our D Coordinator likes to do, that there isn't really anything that "inside" knowledge can do to help. You do have Clark Haggans on your reserve roster, and he may have some insight into our Linebackers, but Woodley Timmons Gay weren't on the Defense when we won it all. Our Starting 3 downline men are even different on the Right side, we don't have Kimo anymore. So we are looking at a very different team.

CPanther95
01-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Don't get it. You want football banter, but only if we agree with you that it is going to be a close game???

Sounds like you came here just to feel better about your chances.

Sharkissle29
01-21-2009, 12:36 PM
This is a very knowledgeable board my friend, just ask other fans that we have faced and talked to.

If you come here and want to talk good football, we will talk good football.

If you dont wanna talk good football, you wont be missed.

:tt03:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-21-2009, 01:42 PM
I feel most of us were nice with you. But we have a difference of opinion.

You say that your offense is unstoppable, but what about that losing streak your team went on when you guys clinched the division? That offense looked pretty damn stoppable in those games.

Ben Worthlessburger
01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
man, the 'Steal'ers must have a lot of money to have all those refs on the payroll...

fansince'76
01-21-2009, 02:02 PM
man, the 'Steal'ers must have a lot of money to have all those refs on the payroll...

Piss off and grow up, asshole. :coffee:

CPanther95
01-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Wow, so clever and original.

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Well whenever you put together a franchise like this with 5 super bow wins and a fan base across the whole world. The rooney's do have a lot of money.

Considering we sell out every home since the 70's. You should thank us. Whenever we played in Arizona Steeler Fans are the only reason people came cardinals games. You can have your fair weather fans.

How many points did that big Offense put up in New England. That was the worst performance i have ever seen from a Pro Football team. No heart from your team i would be embarassed.

As far as ref's on the payrole. Do you watch football. INT overrule in Indy 3 years ago, LB's Held every play. All of a sudden 3 steps to the endzone isnt controlling the ball. Trust me if a team gets calls it is not us. We have more people go to our training camp than you get at your games.

How did that #1 Draft Pick QB pan out for you guys. Oh i forgot my Grandpap is your QB now.

westcoastransplant
01-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Wow, whine some more. You come on a Steelers board and then complain that we think the Steelers are going to win. And how is it irrelevant to point out that other fans have come on this board and boasted the same thing the Cards fans are now? Doesn't seem to far fetched to me. So if your skin is too thin to take it, then bye. :wave:

Oh and the other :troll:, banned after 2 posts, pretty impressive.

memphissteelergirl
01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
'Bye! :wave:

JHSilverback
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Nah nah nah nah.....nah nah nah nah... hey hey hey... goodbye

CaliStillersFan
01-21-2009, 04:53 PM
It's called having faith in your team, something Cards fans no nothing about.

MaidenIndiana
01-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you

43Hitman
01-21-2009, 05:45 PM
:crying02::crying02: much. If you think you're gonna get sympathy then you're in the wrong place hotshot.

Milkman
01-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Boo f'n hoo to the fanboys who don't know what they're talking about tbh.

goLERS
01-21-2009, 06:50 PM
What kind of a sn is CardsGrad? Did you graduate from the Arizona Cardinals? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Cheppy
01-21-2009, 06:53 PM
The "Fire Arians" thread was closed? Lame.

And 82CardsGrad, you smell.

HometownGal
01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Personally, I don't have a problem with this guy. He HAS been respectful for the most part but got a little overzealous at times about his team on a STEELERS BB, so he should expect a little flack. I'm sure we'd get the same flack on the Cards BBs if we went over there thumping our chests like Tarzan and I would expect nothing less.

SteelerFanInCA
01-21-2009, 07:08 PM
The trolls cease to amaze me.

JackHammer
01-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Way to validate the troll....

HometownGal
01-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Way to validate the troll....

If you are referring to my post, Jack, I'm not validating anything. I simply do not feel that this particular guy sports the :troll: tag.

JackHammer
01-21-2009, 07:55 PM
If you are referring to my post, Jack, I'm not validating anything. I simply do not feel that this particular guy sports the :troll: tag.

I'm pretty much referring to the collective response. Somewhere, 82Cardsgrad is laughing at this thread.

82CardsGrad
01-21-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm pretty much referring to the collective response. Somewhere, 82Cardsgrad is laughing at this thread.

Actually, I'm not... just frustrated...

Anyway, I appreciate some of the comments and am not surprised my the others..

Some of you guys have come over to our board and have been solid posters... I still contend that if you were to look at my posts, you would find that I too was being equalyl respectful and very anxious to talk football.

Hopefully that can still happen...

:thmbup:

82CardsGrad
01-21-2009, 08:03 PM
What kind of a sn is CardsGrad? Did you graduate from the Arizona Cardinals? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Close... Actually, I graduated from Greenwich High School in Greenwhich, CT in 1982... We were the Greenwich Cardinals...

tony hipchest
01-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Hopefully that can still happen...

:thmbup:it can. i think youve weathered that first wave of "opposing team fan bashing".

people here will eventually see your intentions and the football talk can begin.

i reviewed "game center" on nfl.com from the matchup last year. i had fogotten troy left the game in the third quarter and it turned for the worse for us. the cards were also w/o boldin and fitz had a solid game.

edge out rushed parker. interresting....

Texasteel
01-21-2009, 08:10 PM
I don't think he was a troll either, but starting a thread to say I'm leaving,. he may be a bit of a primadonna.

82CardsGrad
01-21-2009, 08:11 PM
it can. i think youve weathered that first wave of "opposing team fan bashing".

people here will eventually see your intentions and the football talk can begin.

i reviewed "game center" on nfl.com from the matchup last year. i had fogotten troy left the game in the third quarter and it turned for the worse for us. the cards were also w/o boldin and fitz had a solid game.

edge out rushed parker. interresting....

Thanks dude...

We've all been amazed at how well the Cards play at home. I think we're something like 15 & 2 at home since the stadium opened up. And we always shut down the run at home. Our defense plays like a different team at home versus the road...
Which of course, doesn't bode too well for playing in Tampa... :banging:

82CardsGrad
01-21-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't think he was a troll either, but starting a thread to say I'm leaving,. he may be a bit of a primadonna.

No... defintely not a pirmadonna...

Saw that some of you guys came over to our board and began to engage in solid football talk... that's all I wanted...

I really believe this could turn out to be a great game! The stage is certainly set for that... Alltime best defense against the hottest offense in the league right now...

I hope it becomes an epic, alltime classic... :thumbsup:

JackHammer
01-21-2009, 08:21 PM
"I absolutely did indeed visit steelersfever.com. Thought I might find the chance to engage in solid football discussion... WRONG! Of all other forums I have visited, I have never seen a bigger bunch of morons in my life...
I made my case. Said the Steelers defense is GREAT. Led by GREAT coaching and filled with GREAT talent.
I also said our offense is GREAT. Led by GREAT coaching and filled with GREAT talent. And instead of getting quality responses, I got " go suck dick"... "you're a jerk-off"... If you call that "shredding my arguements, bit by bit...", well - I have even less hope for the city of Pittsburgh and its' education system!"

So who told you to "go suck dick" anyway?

82CardsGrad
01-21-2009, 08:24 PM
So who told you to "go suck dick" anyway?

You're joking... right?

:banging:

Dino 6 Rings
01-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I actually registered on the Cards board months ago...as Dino 5 Rings...haven't posted over there yet...wonder if I should

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 08:53 PM
We are who they thought we were.

Steelcitygal87
01-21-2009, 08:56 PM
We are who they thought we were.

:toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
01-21-2009, 09:00 PM
I'll discuss stats, I'll discuss matchups, I'll discuss the QB comparisons, the WR vs CB matchups on both sides, the Running games vs Defense on both sides, the Kickers to the Punters to the 2nd guy in from the left side of the Kickoff team...

whatever you want...

but in the end, I believe we are the better team.

NEPAsteeler
01-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Discussing football is one thing.. coming in here and making yourself sound like the troll you really are is a whole different thing.

The Patriot
01-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Well, since the Card/Steeler/Jets fan stomped off, I'll be glad to step in. :tt02:

If you guys are gonna beat the Cards (who the Pats beat by 40 points just a month ago... I'm just saying :nervous:) can you at least make it interesting this time? I mean, we lost last year but at least we made it interesting for the rest of the NFL. It's not just about you. I don't want to watch another one of those "okay, we'll take it" sort of Super bowls. How about some touchdowns I can cheer for without watching the replay eight times before passably accepting it? I'm just asking for a completed pass here and there, you know. Maybe a little effort. Don't just sit back and let Kurt do the work.

JackHammer
01-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Well, since the Card/Steeler/Jets fan stomped off, I'll be glad to step in. :tt02:

If you guys are gonna beat the Cards (who the Pats beat by 40 points just a month ago... I'm just saying :nervous:) can you at least make it interesting this time? I mean, we lost last year but at least we made it interesting for the rest of the NFL. It's not just about you. I don't want to watch another one of those "okay, we'll take it" sort of Super bowls. How about some touchdowns I can cheer for without watching the replay eight times before passably accepting it? I'm just asking for a completed pass here and there, you know. Maybe a little effort. Don't just sit back and let Kurt do the work.

If it wasn't the Steelers in the SB, then I'd agree with you. Unfortunately, close playoff games involving the Steelers = cardiovascular damage for me :mad: if you know what I mean.

Dino 6 Rings
01-21-2009, 10:04 PM

HEY you Troll! LOL!

:flap:

I want you to be paying attention for the new Coke Commercial, so we hope to have this game well in hand early. I'd rather not stress over it. If that's ok with you.

HometownGal
01-21-2009, 10:19 PM

You're a stinker! :wink02::chuckle: Did your rock allow you to crawl out from under it this week? :flap::wink02:

X-Terminator
01-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I absolutely did indeed visit steelersfever.com. Thought I might find the chance to engage in solid football discussion... WRONG! Of all other forums I have visited, I have never seen a bigger bunch of morons in my life...
I made my case. Said the Steelers defense is GREAT. Led by GREAT coaching and filled with GREAT talent.
I also said our offense is GREAT. Led by GREAT coaching and filled with GREAT talent. And instead of getting quality responses, I got " go suck dick"... "you're a jerk-off"... If you call that "shredding my arguements, bit by bit...", well - I have even less hope for the city of Pittsburgh and its' education system!"

So let me get this straight...he comes over to this board, doesn't like the reception he got, so he stomps back to his own board and proceed to insult this board and the city of Pittsburgh...then comes back and has the nerve to ask to be taken seriously and wants to "talk football?"

Do us all a favor. Go back to your board and stay there. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a crybaby.

82CardsGrad
01-21-2009, 11:15 PM
I'll discuss stats, I'll discuss matchups, I'll discuss the QB comparisons, the WR vs CB matchups on both sides, the Running games vs Defense on both sides, the Kickers to the Punters to the 2nd guy in from the left side of the Kickoff team...

whatever you want...

but in the end, I believe we are the better team.

Look, I don't think anyone would argue that you guys have the better team... As I've pointed out, the Cards are still very much a major work in progress. Young and talented, but nowhere near the experience and depth to match the Steelers. That's not even debatable.

However, you know as well as I, that "on any given Sunday...". The Cards, offensively, can be scary good. Here are some stats:

Warner ranks 3rd alltime in Passer Rating with a 93.8 rating.
His career post season stats (10 games) are:

230 of 360 (63.9 percent), 2,991 yards, 8.31 YPA, 299 yards per game, 23 TD, 12 INT, 97.3 passer rating.
Note his post season Passer Rating is higher than his career passer rating (which is 3rd best alltime!).

Then there is this stat:

Kurt Warner has played in 10 playoff games. His teams are 8-2 in those games. In five of those games, his teams trailed or were tied on the last drive, and they scored a TD all five times (4 passing TDs). Warner has a perfect passer rating of 158.3 4 TDs 0 INTs when the playoff game is on the line. No other QB has had this kind of success when the game is on the line -- not Brady, not Manning, not Montana, not Elway .... no one.

Boldin became the fastest WR in history to hit 400 receptions... That record was broken this year by Fitz!
Boldin then became the fastest WR in history to hit 500 receptions this season!

I know you guys can and should toss out some incredible defensive stats as well... And as I've said, that is what makes this matchup so great! Incredible offense vs amazing defense...

I still believe our offense is going to move the ball. I think they will force your offense to do more and score more than they typically need to do. Warner and his wideouts are masters are picking up the blitz and making the pre-snap adjustments.
However, should you guys consistently get to Kurt, game over... no doubt...

I also think Heath Miller is a HUGE key for you... The Cards just don't cover TE's well at all... Of anyone on your offense, he has the ability to be THE game-changer...

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 11:16 PM
How is it that all of a sudden people think the Ref's are on our side. If you thing the Steelers dont have going for them that is usually it.

82CardsGrad
01-21-2009, 11:19 PM
So let me get this straight...he comes over to this board, doesn't like the reception he got, so he stomps back to his own board and proceed to insult this board and the city of Pittsburgh...then comes back and has the nerve to ask to be taken seriously and wants to "talk football?"

Do us all a favor. Go back to your board and stay there. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a crybaby.

Im sure you would have reacted differently had you been told to "suck dick" and called a "jerk off"...

Anyway... sorry about the slight on Pittsburgh. It has been and always will be one of my most favorite cities!!!

Steelers & I
01-22-2009, 01:19 AM
Im sure you would have reacted differently had you been told to "suck dick" and called a "jerk off"...

Anyway... sorry about the slight on Pittsburgh. It has been and always will be one of my most favorite cities!!!

I thought that you were leaving until after the game is played? Well, you did say that, right?

So why are you still here?????:noidea: What are you looking for, Steelers fans to post threads indicating that we're TRULY CONCERNED about the Cardinals offensive attack? :rofl: Are you looking for someone to confirm your belief that the game will be close? :hug:

Dude if the game is close then the game is close, who cares? :doh: I don't care if we win by 30 points or 1. Winning is all that matters at this point and I assure you that the Arizona Cardinals aren't winning the Super Bowl, not this season anyway. :thumbsup:

The Steelers will be there. They're FULLY AWARE of their opponent. The Cardinals aren't sneaking up on anyone. Bottom line is this: The Pittsburgh Steelers A game versus the Arizona Cardinals A game equates to a LOSS for the Cardinals.

Run along now.:wave: You be sure to come back after the game at which time you can take your ribbing. :tt02::tt::tt03:

Phade
01-22-2009, 01:28 AM
i hope our team is as over confident as our fans are..

SteelCityKing
01-22-2009, 01:34 AM
i hope our team is as over confident as our fans are..

being is humble is part of being a Steeler. last time we made a profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery statement we ending up eating that one through our asses and Tom Brady rubbed it in on live tv. so, i think since then, our humbleness is what makes us a great franchise.

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 01:38 AM
being is humble is part of being a Steeler. last time we made a profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery statement we ending up eating that one through our asses and Tom Brady rubbed it in on live tv. so, i think since then, our humbleness is what makes us a great franchise.

lol. weve been agreat franchise LONG before metrobrady even stepped onto the scene.

dont give him too much undo credit.

SteelCityKing
01-22-2009, 01:42 AM
lol. weve been agreat franchise LONG before metrobrady even stepped onto the scene.

dont give him too much undo credit.

true.

but i'm just saying, out of the select few times Steeler players have flapped their gums, we end up sticking out cleats in our mouth and regretting it. Joey Porter was notorious for that one. haha!

i just like how all of the fans of the teams we beat are nowhere to be seen on these forums anymore. Browns, Chargers, Ravens...etc, etc. but now there are a slew of Redbird fans yacking our ears off about how they are better. *yawn* haha!

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Joey Porter also talked smack before Super Bowl XL to Jeremy Stevens. Im pretty sure he backed that up. I remember Joey talking a lot of shit. But never eating crow after a big game.

steelreserve
01-22-2009, 01:48 AM
Well, this whole thing has taken on a life of its own. I haven't really been following what the guy has been saying, but in all fairness, it did seem like when he first showed up he was just rooting for his team, even if he was a little wavery. Maybe I'm a little more forgiving than most about that because you see it more often out West.

Anyway .. whatever. There isn't much Cardinals fans can say that we're going to take as a great revelation. "Our offense might do better than your defense" is about the extent of it. Fine, let them say that; it's the only legitimate angle of the game. Sticks and stones.

But I do have to say my observation has been that this week, our responses to any attacks have been more dismissive, like "Oh please," and "Come on, you're just bandwagon fans." Hell, our own internal debates about Parker or Ben were more informative and civil.

I'm not saying I want to give the Cardinals and their fans more credit than they're due, but seriously guys, I really don't want to tempt fate either.

SteelCityKing
01-22-2009, 01:50 AM
Joey Porter also talked smack before Super Bowl XL to Jeremy Stevens. Im pretty sure he backed that up. I remember Joey talking a lot of shit. But never eating crow after a big game.

Joey Porter was a trash talking s.o.b...but you gotta love him. i think i miss him over any of the departed Steelers in recent years. Faneca was great too. but Porter was an icon on that D-line.

as for Super Bowl XL, Stevens started talking sh*t first by saying, "it's a nice story that Jerome gets to end his career with a win in his hometown. too bad it won't happen." Stevens started that...Joseph Porter finished it. haha!

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 01:52 AM
^^^^ Im wearing a porter jersey in my Drivers Liscense photo. How do ya think i feel.

SteelersinCA
01-22-2009, 03:06 AM

Jesus dude, get over your drama queen self. No one told you to "suck dick." You came on saying you are a Steelers fan and a Cardinals fan. I quoted Andrew Dice Clay's response to people who waver about their homosexuality. He said, you either suck dick or you do not suck dick. TRANSLATION: YOU ARE EITHER GAY OR NOT GAY, THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN.

ERGO, you are either a Steelers fan or not a Steelers fan. You can twist it however you want, start as many thread about it as you want, cry all you want, play the look at poor little old me I just wanted to talk football all you want. You're a temperamental drama queen. Keep your games on your own board, this is getting ridiculous, I'm tired of seeing threads talking about how your poor little feelings are hurt. GO AWAY!!!!

steelwall
01-22-2009, 03:14 AM
Why do other team fans come here, talk smack and then get PO'ed when someone breaks them down? This IS a Steelers board last time I check.

I can say this, our older members and even newer members for the most part show respect when respect is given, hands down.

We have fans that root for other teams members of social groups, I'd say we are a very good place to go if you want to talk football (or anything else for that matter)... we have wonderful debates among ourselves, and not just about football.

Point is this is a fair board as long as you realise this IS a Steelers board and follow the basic rules.

SteelersinCA
01-22-2009, 03:18 AM
Apparently metaphors escape you as fast as your Steeler roots, it just means you are not a real Steelers fan. It's OK, you sold out, as long as you rest easy no worries for you.

I even tried to explain it to you again when you started getting butt hurt about it. Apparently you still don't understand what I was saying.

Stop trying to cause drama. Just do us a favor, go back to your boards and bad mouth Pittsburgh fans. Be a man of your word and leave, Benedict Arnold.

X-Terminator
01-22-2009, 08:32 AM

Yeah, probably. I've been told that and called that, and I usually just dismiss it. I don't cry about it. I'm WAY past all that.

As for the slight on Pittsburgh...just don't do it again, and you'll be just fine :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-22-2009, 12:59 PM
My favorite is how Cardinals fans come in here and try to educate us on Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston. We all get TV.

Some of them come off with this attitude of "nobody respects us because they dont know how good the Cards players are". Yet, the have no idea that Fitzgerald went to Pitt and we have been watching Boldin and Breaston since they were in college.

Again, this board is great and full of knowledgeable fans, along with its share of knee jerk newbies, but most of the Cardinal fans on here sound like they just jumped on the bandwagon recently. I feel like we are talking football with middle age immigrants from England......not experienced NFL fans.

C-ya after the game.

drizze99
01-22-2009, 01:14 PM
My favorite is how Cardinals fans come in here and try to educate us on Fitzgerald, Boldin and Breaston. We all get TV.

Some of them come off with this attitude of "nobody respects us because they dont know how good the Cards players are". Yet, the have no idea that Fitzgerald went to Pitt and we have been watching Boldin and Breaston since they were in college.

Again, this board is great and full of knowledgeable fans, along with its share of knee jerk newbies, but most of the Cardinal fans on here sound like they just jumped on the bandwagon recently. I feel like we are talking football with middle age immigrants from England......not experienced NFL fans.

C-ya after the game.

So true Gonzo

westcoastransplant
01-22-2009, 01:31 PM

Peazy always had motivation for trash talking. When he called the Colts soft, it was not only a challenge for them to bring it, it was more of a challenge for our defense to bring it. And as Bettis said in the post game talk, the D backed him up and proved they were more physical.

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 01:35 PM

C-ya after the game.

Honestly, what has actually been said to make you feel this way?? Do you really believe "Cards" fans don't know that Fitz went to the Univ. of Pitt??

C'mon man...

zsheik22
01-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Cardinal fans were ranked dead last in ESPN.

We been watching Breaston since HS. Woodland Hills, as a matter of fact.

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 02:26 PM

And the relevance of this is???

Cool! He's a great receiver, and even a greater kid!!

:thumbsup:

The_WARDen
01-22-2009, 02:47 PM

Ciao,

Just to clarify... "I'm done and outta here..." means that you leave and go whine to the other 2 Cardinal fans...although with the bandwagon, it may be as many as 15 this week.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

MACH1
01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Just to clarify... "I'm done and outta here..." means that you leave and go whine to the other 2 Cardinal fans...although with the bandwagon, it may be as many as 15 this week.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

he keeps threatening us with that. Yet here he is again.:doh:

MasterOfPuppets
01-22-2009, 02:57 PM

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah::toofunny: .....i guess he decide to give us 1 more chance....:bowdown: .........:rofl:

SteelersinCA
01-22-2009, 03:10 PM
:toofunny: .....i guess he decide to give us 1 more chance....:bowdown: .........:rofl:

2 words: DRAMA QUEEN :coffee:

43Hitman
01-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Honestly, what has actually been said to make you feel this way?? Do you really believe "Cards" fans don't know that Fitz went to the Univ. of Pitt??

C'mon man...

What he is saying is, stop trying to educate us on your players. We know all about them. Most of us are very knowledgeable about football, and yes that includes teams outside of Pittsburgh. So don't try and school us on what we should be worried about. We all know about the threats the Cards bring to the table. And trust me when I say this. OUR DEFENSE CAN HANDLE ANYTHING THE CARDS BRING TO THE TABLE! The real question for you is, can your defense handle what our offense can brings to the table? I doubt it. But you can keep looking through your rose tinted glasses.

C'mon man..haven't you left yet?:banging:

Justin Otstott
01-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Another crybaby. Let me point you to the baby food and tampons.

Syracuselaxman44
01-22-2009, 05:15 PM

haha because ESPN is known as a Cardinal loving organization? HAHAHAH they have a hard on for the steelers.

(ESPN offices) :tt::tt03::tt02::tt::tt02::tt03:

spare me...:coffee:

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Another crybaby. Let me point you to the baby food and tampons.

"babyfood" AND "tampons"???

Whatever...

:whistle:

43Hitman
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
"babyfood" AND "tampons"???

Whatever...

:whistle:

You are who we thought you were.:coffee:

Steelcitygal87
01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
And we ain't lettin him off da hook

fansince'76
01-22-2009, 06:40 PM
haha because ESPN is known as a Cardinal loving organization? HAHAHAH they have a hard on for the steelers.

No, actually they have a hard-on for the Patriots, Cowboys, and to a slightly lesser extent, the Colts. :coffee:

Stlrs4Life
01-22-2009, 06:56 PM

Ciao,

GFY. If your Arizona baked brains don't understand that, PM a Mod. I'm sure they will help you out.

:crying01::crying01: Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, the Steeler Fans are picking on me.

43Hitman
01-22-2009, 07:20 PM

Ciao,

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq312/43hitman/whambulance.jpg

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-22-2009, 07:21 PM

C'mon man...

Here are some quotes from your fellow fans that feel the need to explain that Boldin is a possession type guy and Breaston is a speed WR.

Q is a beast think LBer who catches and is fast

Breaston usually goes deep, he is the speed guy, Q goes over the middle more

I really havent felt the need to goto another team's message board and explain the fact that Hines Ward makes his living over the middle and Nate Washington goes deep. I assume football fans dont need the Football 101 course.

The better posts are the ones that say Breaston is a #1 WR on other teams...........yeah, like Bryant Johnson is huh?

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Here are some quotes from your fellow fans that feel the need to explain that Boldin is a possession type guy and Breaston is a speed WR.

Q is a beast think LBer who catches and is fast

Breaston usually goes deep, he is the speed guy, Q goes over the middle more

I really havent felt the need to goto another team's message board and explain the fact that Hines Ward makes his living over the middle and Nate Washington goes deep. I assume football fans dont need the Football 101 course.

The better posts are the ones that say Breaston is a #1 WR on other teams...........yeah, like Bryant Johnson is huh?

I see... not sure if those comments were made in response to a question about our WR's??
But yes - most knowledgeable football fans might know how much of a beast Boldin is, and that Breaston is our more pure deep threat...
But dude, what's with the reference to Bryant Johnson?? Johnson has never surpasses 50 catches and has never even sniffed 1,000 yards... Breaston, in only his second year, went for 77 catches and 1,006 yards... Seems like an odd place to bring up Johnson... :screwy:

devilsdancefloor
01-22-2009, 08:11 PM
i think he was pointing out how most folks thought that johnson was a No.1 WR and this year at San Fran they where proven wrong. And that a few of your fellow card fans have came over and pushed or try to push down our throat that breasten would be a No. 1 WR if he was elsewhere.:thumbsup::drink:

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 08:15 PM
i think he was pointing out how most folks thought that johnson was a No.1 WR and this year at San Fran they where proven wrong. And that a few of your fellow card fans have came over and pushed or try to push down our throat that breasten would be a No. 1 WR if he was elsewhere.:thumbsup::drink:

Yikes! It's hard for me to imagine that any Cards fan would have ever seen Johnson as a #1!! He was brutal all the years he was with us!
Likewise, Breaston as a #1? Maybe 2 years from now... But geez... this was only his 2nd year in the NFL! Yes, he put up amazing #'s for a 2nd year guy (actually, his #'s compare well against many #1's elsewhere)...but most Cards fans would agree that Stevie needs at minimum, one more year to learn and mature before he can be viewed as a potential #1...

He might get a great shot at growing much more quickly next season as I really believe Boldin will be traded... This will place Stevie in the #2 slot, where he will garner much more attention...

We'll see...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
I see... not sure if those comments were made in response to a question about our WR's??
But yes - most knowledgeable football fans might know how much of a beast Boldin is, and that Breaston is our more pure deep threat...
But dude, what's with the reference to Bryant Johnson?? Johnson has never surpasses 50 catches and has never even sniffed 1,000 yards... Breaston, in only his second year, went for 77 catches and 1,006 yards... Seems like an odd place to bring up Johnson... :screwy:

No, the comments were made by a fan who questioned who our DB's were. He was touting how great your #2 and #3 WR's were like we needed to be educated on who they were, because our 3rd CB cant handle Breaston. I guess the guy never heard of a zone defense or man-over. :noidea:

As for my reference to Bryant Johnson......it was that Breaston is no more a #1 (nor a #2) WR than Johnson was. They are both products of being the complimentary receiver to a couple great WR's. Again, I am a Michigan fan and Breaston was nothing but a talented return man, who disappointed as a WR and dropped a lot of passes. Now the Cardinal nation holds him as some future star.........that is a bit screwy :screwy:

I am not trying to be overconfident. I think its gonna be a tight game, but the Cardinal fans that come in here riding the wave of enthusiasm without any regard for the fact they were a 9-7 team in the weak NFC West and beat their chest of how great Warner and Co. are is actually idiotic and embarrasing to football fans.

Come with some sense of realism that the Cardinals are underdogs for a reason and they may actually revert to that team that went 3-7 outside of the NFC West. I havent seen this much blind optimisim in Arizona since I saw met some folks buying a condo in Scottsdale last year with a sub prime mortgage.

CaliStillersFan
01-22-2009, 08:46 PM
He might get a great shot at growing much more quickly next season as I really believe Boldin will be traded... This will place Stevie in the #2 slot, where he will garner much more attention... We'll see...

Not if Warner retires after this season, and the Cards are left with little Matty Lienart at the helm :).

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
As for my reference to Bryant Johnson......it was that Breaston is no more a #1 (nor a #2) WR than Johnson was. They are both products of being the complimentary receiver to a couple great WR's. Again, I am a Michigan fan and Breaston was nothing but a talented return man, who disappointed as a WR and dropped a lot of passes. Now the Cardinal nation holds him as some future star.........that is a bit screwy :screwy:

Well, I really don't see how it's screwy to talk about Breaston as a future star, given what he did in only his 2nd season... If you contend that "both" Johnson and Breaston are "products of being complimentary receivers to a couple of great WR's", I guess I can go with you on that with regard to Stevie... but Johnson?? Again, the dude never even surpassed 50 catches?? His highest yardage total while playing with our two great WR's never surpassed 800 yards?? Breaston nearly hit 80 catches and went over 1,,000 yards (as did Fitz and Boldin) in only his 2nd season.. I just think it's totally inappropraite to lump Breaston in with Johnson. Breaston showed how to leverage playing alongside Fitz and Q, whereas Johnson never did and never could...

I am not trying to be overconfident. I think its gonna be a tight game, but the Cardinal fans that come in here riding the wave of enthusiasm without any regard for the fact they were a 9-7 team in the weak NFC West and beat their chest of how great Warner and Co. are is actually idiotic and embarrasing to football fans.

Come with some sense of realism that the Cardinals are underdogs for a reason and they may actually revert to that team that went 3-7 outside of the NFC West. I havent seen this much blind optimisim in Arizona since I saw met some folks buying a condo in Scottsdale last year with a sub prime mortgage.

With regard to the Cardinal fans "beating their chest" and all... 9 & 7 is certainly not great... However, we did essentially wrap up our division in November... There is no doubt that doing so played a major role in the teams psyche the rest of the season.
And why wouldn't you think we should be proud and excited about "Warner and Co"?
For much of this season, Kurt was being mentioned as a league MVP candidate. His numbers were amazing... And he threw to three WR's who all exceed 1,000 yards for the season... If you can't get excited about all of that, then you really wouldn't be a fan would you??
Trust me, we all know we're underdogs and rightly so. Pittsburgh is the better team. But, we are fans and our team is in the Super Bowl, after winning three post season games we weren't supposed to win...

I really have to say that I have not seen any Cards fans on this board predicting wild things about this game or about our team... We have hope, just like any other underdog does... You guys were dogs in '06, right? Surely you can relate...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-22-2009, 10:48 PM
82Cards. You confuse statistics with skills and performance in Breaston. We Steeler fans saw Bam Morris, Barry Foster, Erric Peagram have some good rushing stats, but it was a product of the system and the great O line of the early 90's.

Breaston and his numbers are overhyped just as Az Hakim, Peerless Price, Wes Chandler and Brandon Stokely were. Breaston does not run good routes, he gets out of breaks slow and high.

You card fans can get all excited about Warner, Fitz et al and have the right to do that........and that is the difference between you and Steeler fans.

Steeler fans love their team and players faithfully, but don't turn a blind eye to the negatives of the team.....they recognize them, dread them and guard mentally against opponents exposing them. Its not a glass "half full" or "half empty".......its a "stop lookin' at my glass or we are gonna fight!"

Good luck and dont take it the wrong way. Steeler fans just dont like seeing anybody blow smoke anywhere. We dont have cheerleaders and dont want any on the message boards.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-22-2009, 10:53 PM
I really have to say that I have not seen any Cards fans on this board predicting wild things about this game or about our team... We have hope, just like any other underdog does... You guys were dogs in '06, right? Surely you can relate...

In 05, I was thinking that "on any given sunday" we could beat anybody and was nervously wringing my Terrible Towel that we wouldn't come thru. Steeler fans dont hope......we expect and sometimes pray (to the football gods). Hope is for the helpless and we believe in controlling our own outcome.

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Steeler fans love their team and players faithfully, but don't turn a blind eye to the negatives of the team.....they recognize them, dread them and guard mentally against opponents exposing them. Its not a glass "half full" or "half empty".......its a "stop lookin' at my glass or we are gonna fight!"

Good luck and dont take it the wrong way. Steeler fans just dont like seeing anybody blow smoke anywhere. We dont have cheerleaders and dont want any on the message boards.now that is some beautiful prose. :thumbsup:

MJ5150
01-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Dude, I thought you said you were leaving. If you're gonna leave, leave. Don't proceed to hang around and keep posting.

-Mike

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 11:30 PM
82Cards. You confuse statistics with skills and performance in Breaston. We Steeler fans saw Bam Morris, Barry Foster, Erric Peagram have some good rushing stats, but it was a product of the system and the great O line of the early 90's.

Breaston and his numbers are overhyped just as Az Hakim, Peerless Price, Wes Chandler and Brandon Stokely were. Breaston does not run good routes, he gets out of breaks slow and high.

You card fans can get all excited about Warner, Fitz et al and have the right to do that........and that is the difference between you and Steeler fans.

Good luck and dont take it the wrong way. Steeler fans just dont like seeing anybody blow smoke anywhere. We dont have cheerleaders and dont want any on the message boards.

I think it's clear you haven't seen my other posts in other threads where I openly toss out our weaknesses... C'mon man, we haven't been to the dance since 1947, do ya really think we're "blind to our negatives"???
This team has it's share for sure:

1.) Our pass defense is questionable at best
2.) Our run defense plays great at home and crappy on the road
3.) Our rushing offense was horrendous - until the last game of the regular season and now the post season
4.) Our special teams coverage sucks
5.) We have no pass-catching or run blocking threat at Tight End
5.) We lack quality depth at virtually every position

Yet, we did go 6 & 0 in our pathetic division. We did wrap up our division in Novemeber. And we did win 3 post season games we were told we were going to lose by all of the "experts"...

Hey, we're a dog again in Tampa, and rightly so as you guys are by far the better team.
Now, as Cards fans, knowing all of this, are we supposed to just pack it in? I think owning up to the multitude of shortcomings yet focusing on the many positives as well, is simply being a supportive fan..
As for Breaston, you seem to feel that you have him totally nailed... and who knows, he might turn out to be the limited type of player you paint him to be. Though, if he puts up 80 catch, 1,000 yard seasons - who cares?

Anyway, suffice to say, after 90 years of losing, Cards fans know full well all about negatives and weaknesses... But again, we're one of two teams standing at the moment. And solely focusing on the negatives just doesn't seem appropriate leading up to the biggest game in Cardinal history...

stlrtruck
01-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Hey, we're a dog again in Tampa, and rightly so as you guys are by far the better team.
Now, as Cards fans, knowing all of this, are we supposed to just pack it in? I think owning up to the multitude of shortcomings yet focusing on the many positives as well, is simply being a supportive fan..
As for Breaston, you seem to feel that you have him totally nailed... and who knows, he might turn out to be the limited type of player you paint him to be. Though, if he puts up 80 catch, 1,000 yard seasons - who cares?

Anyway, suffice to say, after 90 years of losing, Cards fans know full well all about negatives and weaknesses... But again, we're one of two teams standing at the moment. And solely focusing on the negatives just doesn't seem appropriate leading up to the biggest game in Cardinal history...

Not only will this be an away game for the Cards but bet your bottom dollar that Tampa is part of Steelers Nation and I would guesstimate that 75% of that crowd will be waving their black and gold towels, makig more of a home game for the Steelers.

And considering the cards woes on the road (barring the excellent performance at Carolina) this is going to fill like playing in Pittsburgh.

CPanther95
01-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Prior to their current streak, Pittsburgh has winning streaks this year of 1,2,3 and 5 wins. They are only missing a 4 game winning streak.

Current streak is 3 games.

hindes204
01-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Prior to their current streak, Pittsburgh has winning streaks this year of 1,2,3 and 5 wins. They are only missing a 4 game winning streak.

Current streak is 3 games.

awesome stat!!!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

82CardsGrad
01-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Not only will this be an away game for the Cards but bet your bottom dollar that Tampa is part of Steelers Nation and I would guesstimate that 75% of that crowd will be waving their black and gold towels, makig more of a home game for the Steelers.

And considering the cards woes on the road (barring the excellent performance at Carolina) this is going to fill like playing in Pittsburgh.

I always laugh when people refer to the Cowgirls as "America's Team", as I know that the Steelers have more fans and are more respected across the country than they do. Hell, right here in AZ, in Cave Creek, there is a bar that is the official Steeler Nation hangout for all of Arizona Steeler fans. it's called Harold's and on any given Sunday, there are typically up to 1,000 Steeler crazies in the place! Can't imagine what it will be like for the Super Bowl!

However, the actual people who attend the Super Bowl will certainly not be people from Tampa. So if Tampa is "Steeler Country", that won't matter much in terms of who is actually in the stadium...
The attendance will be weighted toward the Steelers - I think, because they are the more well-known and more nationally supported team. However, the Cards are the cindarella story, and the tens of thousands of corporate geeks and their clients, who might not even follow football but are there for the party, or those who do follow football but don't have a dog in this hunt, just might lean more toward the Cards vs the Steelers...

We'll see...

CPanther95
01-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Local demographics do have an impact. Not a huge percentage, but a significant one.Almost all tickets being scalped on location will go to locals.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-23-2009, 11:31 AM
I think it's clear you haven't seen my other posts in other threads where I openly toss out our weaknesses... C'mon man, we haven't been to the dance since 1947, do ya really think we're "blind to our negatives"???
This team has it's share for sure:

Its also clear that you havent seen any of my posts either. All I saw is you complaining that you cant get into any good football banter and were leaving.........but continue to hang around.

You have discounted my statement that Cards fans come on this board to seemingly educate us on who your receivers are and what they do. I didnt lie, it was true. You think that I am screwy for suggesting that Breaston is nothing more than a speed guy who benefits from a passing offense and 2 great WR's. Again, this is true and if you know or watch the mechanics of WR's you will see that Breaston is not a #1 WR as some of your fellow fans have boasted on this board.

I dont mean to paint you with the same brush as the majority of Card fans that have showed up her, but its bound to happen and for that I am explaining why. Honestly, the fans of the Browns, Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants that frequented this board before the games were much more knowledgeable about the games. The Patriot and Titan fans were just arrogant and I am glad they got what they deserved. The majority of Cardinal posters just seem like fair-weather fans with limited football IQ that are riding a caffeine and sugar high. That is why you are taking more heat than finding intelligent football discussion.

The fact that you made up a thread basically saying you cant find any intelligent football discussion on here and were leaving, only not to follow thru.........has essentially ended any hope of you finding good banter. Its like you dropped the "N-WORD" at an NAACP convention and are confused nobody wants to seriously talk about race relations with you.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-23-2009, 11:37 AM
now that is some beautiful prose. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tony. :wave:

I know its probably tough for non-Steeler fans to understand that for the majority, we are not blind homers, nor eternal pessimists, but a group with football IQ, that recognizes and respects perfection and the pursuit of perfect (smashmouth) football execution.

82CardsGrad
01-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Its also clear that you havent seen any of my posts either. All I saw is you complaining that you cant get into any good football banter and were leaving.........but continue to hang around.

You have discounted my statement that Cards fans come on this board to seemingly educate us on who your receivers are and what they do. I didnt lie, it was true. You think that I am screwy for suggesting that Breaston is nothing more than a speed guy who benefits from a passing offense and 2 great WR's. Again, this is true and if you know or watch the mechanics of WR's you will see that Breaston is not a #1 WR as some of your fellow fans have boasted on this board.

I dont mean to paint you with the same brush as the majority of Card fans that have showed up her, but its bound to happen and for that I am explaining why. Honestly, the fans of the Browns, Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants that frequented this board before the games were much more knowledgeable about the games. The Patriot and Titan fans were just arrogant and I am glad they got what they deserved. The majority of Cardinal posters just seem like fair-weather fans with limited football IQ that are riding a caffeine and sugar high. That is why you are taking more heat than finding intelligent football discussion.

The fact that you made up a thread basically saying you cant find any intelligent football discussion on here and were leaving, only not to follow thru.........has essentially ended any hope of you finding good banter. Its like you dropped the "N-WORD" at an NAACP convention and are confused nobody wants to seriously talk about race relations with you.

Whatever dude...

I can't and won't speak for all Cardinal fans... As for me, I ahve said very clearly that Breaston is not a #1 WR. Might be one day, but not now... no way... I said you were screwy for attempting to lump him into a comparison with Bryant Johnson. And if you look at their stats and performance, you would come to understand why...

And lastly, some perspective... I am not from Arizona. I am from the NYC area and moved to Phoenix 8 years ago. That is when I became a Cardinal fan.
I mention this as, for what it's worth, I grew up around some of the most informed and intelligent sports fans in the world. BTW, my entire family are Steeler fans. My two brothers made the drive from CT to Pittsburgh for the Charger game two weeks ago...
For what it's worth, your perceptions of Cardinal fans as "fairweather, uninformed" fans couldn't be more wrong... You are making a very serious and inaccurate generalization...

Anway... here's to a great game dude!

The_WARDen
01-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I always laugh when people refer to the Cowgirls as "America's Team", as I know that the Steelers have more fans and are more respected across the country than they do. Hell, right here in AZ, in Cave Creek, there is a bar that is the official Steeler Nation hangout for all of Arizona Steeler fans. it's called Harold's and on any given Sunday, there are typically up to 1,000 Steeler crazies in the place! Can't imagine what it will be like for the Super Bowl!

However, the actual people who attend the Super Bowl will certainly not be people from Tampa. So if Tampa is "Steeler Country", that won't matter much in terms of who is actually in the stadium...
The attendance will be weighted toward the Steelers - I think, because they are the more well-known and more nationally supported team. However, the Cards are the cindarella story, and the tens of thousands of corporate geeks and their clients, who might not even follow football but are there for the party, or those who do follow football but don't have a dog in this hunt, just might lean more toward the Cards vs the Steelers...

We'll see...

You're still here? The whole point of stating that you're leaving is that you actually leave.

:noidea:

CPanther95
01-23-2009, 11:54 AM
And lastly, some perspective... I am not from Arizona. I am from the NYC area and moved to Phoenix 8 years ago. That is when I became a Cardinal fan.
I mention this as, for what it's worth, I grew up around some of the most informed and intelligent sports fans in the world. BTW, my entire family are Steeler fans. My two brothers made the drive from CT to Pittsburgh for the Charger game two weeks ago...
For what it's worth, your perceptions of Cardinal fans as "fairweather, uninformed" fans couldn't be more wrong... You are making a very serious and inaccurate generalization...

The characterization doesn't necessary reflect on your dedication, or the dedication of other genuine Cardinal fanatics. But that doesn't mean it is an "inaccurate generalization" - it is a generalization based on the overall fan base. That's what makes it a generalization.

They barely sold out their first home playoff game in years. Prior to this year, with a heavy campaign to appeal to the Cardinal fans, a Dallas game in Phoenix may as well have been a Dallas home game. That is what makes them either "fairweather" fans, or fans with few peers.

It is also a generalization to say that Steeler Nation is well educated about football, dedicated through thick and thin, and will always show up for games - anywhere in the country. There are obviously some Steeler fans who may be bandwagoners, or fall outside that description of Steeler Nation.

But the generalization, in both cases, is accurate - as a generalization.

Agree about hoping for a great game. But my idea of a great game was the Cowboys @ Eagles game this year. Blowouts can be great if the right team is on top. :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Whatever dude...

I can't and won't speak for all Cardinal fans... As for me, I ahve said very clearly that Breaston is not a #1 WR. Might be one day, but not now... no way... I said you were screwy for attempting to lump him into a comparison with Bryant Johnson. And if you look at their stats and performance, you would come to understand why...

OK....DUDE..........sorry, but I dont base my evaluation of players (WR's in this case) soley on statistics. I have been a Football fan for 30 years, played the game in some way for the past 25 years and have been an accredited coach who attends camps/clinics to improve my knowledge for 14 years. Breaston doesnt get in and out of breaks well, is stiff, but has good speed(not quickness) and improving hands. Bryant Johnson is actually a more polished receiver in terms of route running and hands than Breaston.......its just he is now in SF where they have no decent QB.

Again, sorry to lump you into my "serious and inaccurate generalization", but that generalization that I made was based on the Card fans that entered this board since last sunday........not all fans. You are head and shoulders more knowledgeable than the rest of the posters from Card land.

Oh, and DUDE, the whiny part about threatening to leave a site because you cant find any good banter...........then not following thru is........a bit Chad Johnson-esque. :blah:

stlrtruck
01-23-2009, 12:50 PM

We'll see...

I understand what your saying, but let me put it differently. Steelers fans are willing to pay for the tickets, some to the point that they'd mortgage the house, and travel the shorter distance than say someone from Arizona. Tampa will open her arms up to Steelers fans as their are several Steelers bars within 45 minutes of the stadium, and one of those is less than 20 minutes.

And counter-point to the corporate geeks, look at Detroit 3 years ago. Even all those corporate geeks were either Steelers fans or sold them to Steelers fans.

I'm too the point that I believe corporate execs no longer care about the Super Bowl but the random income it can produce by selling the tickets they get.

(And I'm not saying that some cardinal faithful wouldn't put out the cash, I'm just saying that Steelers fans are more willing - and as you stated there is more of us).

revefsreleets
01-23-2009, 12:59 PM
"No, seriously, really, I mean it, honestly, THIS time I'm really going to leave your board, promise!"

The Super Bowl crowd will be 85% Steelers fans...and the Cards fans should thank Christ that it is a lot of corporate giveaways and stuff, because if it was in honest proportion, it'd most likely be 98-2%.

zsheik22
01-24-2009, 12:13 AM

Are you kidding? I can count the analysts who like the steelers on one hand.

Yeah... the ones that played here. Thats about it.

silverbackattack
01-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Why don't all of these Card fans go to their own site. Possibly because noone is there?

MDSteel15
01-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Why don't all of these Card fans go to their own site. Possibly because noone is there?

Have they started one yet??? :rofl:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 02:08 AM

I have been busting these 2 guys balls a little maybee a lot. but they seem to be good guys. They dont talk shit. They seem to be supportive and informed of their team. And give the steelers credit when its do. Obviously they think their team is gonna win as do all of us. If they wanna support the site and contribute to the board i dont mind.
(not like im the decision maker. just my 2 cents)

Now if they start talking shit or making proposterous statements ill be the first to light a bag of poop on fire at their house. If they were Ratbirds, Bungles or Browns fans i would flame them all day 24/7.

Plus whenever we come back from Tampa with a Six Pack we can say
BOOYAHH REDBIRDS!

SteelerFanInATL
01-24-2009, 06:02 AM

Ciao,

Maybe, just maybe this is not the site for you. :noidea::noidea::noidea::coffee: