PDA

View Full Version : Home away from Home!

steelerchad
01-21-2009, 03:39 PM
That's what every NFL city is when the Steelers come to town.

With SB XLIII being on the East Coast I think this will be virtually a home crowd for the Steelers. I think you'll see about a 75-25 Split for this game. I see alot of AZ fans selling their tickets rather than making the cross country trip. And who will be buying them. The black and gold.

Steelers fans always find a way in. I was in Nashville, Baltimore, and Washington on the road this year. I was proud to see about 30k Steelers fans at both the Redskins and Titans games. We had a few less in Baltimore than in past years but their fan base is getting stingier about giving up their tickets for the Steelers game.

Need4spd
01-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Hell, I think the ratio will be even more wide spread than that. I completely agree with you, although I think we may very well see something like an 80/20, or even an 85/15 split. Not only is it a cross country trip for them, but remember this is a team that had a particuarly difficult time selling out their first home playoff game this year, and their first playoff game regardless of location in 10 years, in the wild card round.

Plus, let's face it, Steelers fans travel better than any other fans not only in football, but in sports in general in my own humble opinion. :tt02:

steelerchad
01-21-2009, 04:03 PM
You could be right. But don't forget that there will probably be more than 10k fans at this game that are not true fans of either team.
In my estimation, most of these fans will be cheering the Cardinals as the underdog and not wanting the Steelers to get #6.

stlrtruck
01-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Hell, I think the ratio will be even more wide spread than that. I completely agree with you, although I think we may very well see something like an 80/20, or even an 85/15 split. Not only is it a cross country trip for them, but remember this is a team that had a particuarly difficult time selling out their first home playoff game this year, and their first playoff game regardless of location in 10 years, in the wild card round.

Plus, let's face it, Steelers fans travel better than any other fans not only in football, but in sports in general in my own humble opinion. :tt02:

Heck some of us don't even need to travel, we just need their tickets!!! :rofl: