PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TV shows....

Steelcitygal87
01-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey everyone, just wondering what some of your favorite shows are? Usually I always have the tv on ESPN lol...but when I do manage to change the station here are some of the shows I enjoy:

House MD, Without a Trace, CSI, Law and Order SVU(absolute #1 fav.), NCIS, Law and Order C.I., Everybody Loves Raymond, Burn Notice, Psych, and Monk.

CaliStillersFan
01-21-2009, 06:26 PM
24, Lost, Prison Break, Damages, The Office, The Unit, The Shield, Daily Show, Colbert Report, and all the HBO series that have been canceled :(. I'm also getting into Fringe (new show on Fox), the creator and writer (JJ Abrams) that did Alias and Lost and I love both of those shows.

Steelcitygal87
01-21-2009, 06:29 PM
24, Lost, Prison Break, Damages, The Office, The Unit, The Shield, Daily Show, Colbert Report, and all the HBO series that have been canceled :(. I'm also getting into Fringe (new show on Fox), the creator and writer (JJ Abrams) that did Alias and Lost and I love both of those shows.

Never heard of Damages..what is it about?

TheWarDen86
01-21-2009, 06:36 PM
24, Scrubs, Family Guy, The Tudors (Showtime) and pretty much anything on the History or Military Channels. That said, my Directv tuner is almost always tuned to channel 212 (NFL Network).

Steelcitygal87
01-21-2009, 06:48 PM
24, Scrubs, Family Guy, The Tudors (Showtime) and pretty much anything on the History or Military Channels. That said, my Directv tuner is almost always tuned to channel 212 (NFL Network).

I have watched a few episodes of Scrubs..it is hysterical. I used to work in a hospital(lab)and believe it or not, there were more than a few fellow co-workers who acted very similar to some of the characters on that show lol. Made my days interesting that is for sure. I also love watching the History Channel, Discovery too. I am into WW2 documentaries and movies especially.

Dawn

CaliStillersFan
01-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Never heard of Damages..what is it about?

Damages is a show on FX. Glenn Close plays a high powered corrupt New York attorney. The show is different the way it tells the story. Throughout season 1 they keep flashing forward showing you bits of how the season was going to end. So it was like telling two stories slowly bringing the plot together as the season progressed. Season 2 just started and they are telling the story the same way. I didn't like it at first but I got addicted to it quick mostly because the writers do an excellent job at story-telling.

TheWarDen86
01-21-2009, 06:50 PM
I have watched a few episodes of Scrubs..it is hysterical. I used to work in a hospital(lab)and believe it or not, there were more than a few fellow co-workers who acted very similar to some of the characters on that show lol. Made my days interesting that is for sure. I also love watching the History Channel, Discovery too. I am into WW2 documentaries and movies especially.

Dawn

Then I'm sure you've seen Band of Brothers. By far the best WWII documentary/film ever put out IMHO.

CaliStillersFan
01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Then I'm sure you've seen Band of Brothers. By far the best WWII documentary/film ever put out IMHO.

I totally agree.

pittsburghp8baller
01-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Scrubs is my favorite comedy, Las Vegas is my other favorite. Simpsons, Spin City, NHL on the Fly on the NHL. i tend to stay away from ESPN as much as possible when they stopped covering hockey.

The Duke
01-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Scrubs, Lost, Heroes, Chuck

Only shows I make sure not to miss an episode.

Steelcitygal87
01-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Scrubs is my favorite comedy, Las Vegas is my other favorite. Simpsons, Spin City, NHL on the Fly on the NHL. i tend to stay away from ESPN as much as possible when they stopped covering hockey.

I LOVE hockey! I was so ticked off when ESPN stopped covering it :mad:. It is such a great sport and a shame it's not discussed much at all on ESPN. Pretty much the only time they spend talking about it is when incidents such as what happened with... Sean Avery, Jarkko Ruutu, or some vicious hit/fight, takes place. There is nothing like going to a hockey game in person! I love the atmosphere. :tt03::tt03::tt03:

KeiselPower99
01-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Anything on the History Channel. I love the Simpsons Futurama King of the Hill and Family Guy. Really dig Burn Notice. Loved The Sopranos.

Steelcitygal87
01-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Anything on the History Channel. I love the Simpsons Futurama King of the Hill and Family Guy. Really dig Burn Notice. Loved The Sopranos.

I love Burn Notice, just got into watching it over the Summer. USA Network has a lot of good shows....Monk, Burn N., In Plain Sight, Psych.

Polamalu Princess
01-21-2009, 08:24 PM
The Mentalist, Eleventh Hour and Gary Unmarried.

T.Richardson
01-21-2009, 09:15 PM
George Lopez, That 70's Show, Family guy, and South Park

Godfather
01-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Bones is awesome...well-developed characters and good interplay between them, plus three hottie actresses.

NCIS is good too. Very funny show.

KeiselPower99
01-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I love Burn Notice, just got into watching it over the Summer. USA Network has a lot of good shows....Monk, Burn N., In Plain Sight, Psych.

New season starts tomorrow.

HometownGal
01-21-2009, 09:58 PM
I vowed years ago that I would never become a reality TV junkie, but I have - LOL! :chuckle:

The Amazing Race (my absolute FAVORITE as one of my biggest goals in life is to participate in that race one day not too far down the road and I'm gonna do it!)

Dancing With the Stars

Survivor

CSI Miami

and of course my favorite soaps - Y & R and the Bold and the Beautiful.

stillers4me
01-21-2009, 10:03 PM
The only shows we make sure we watch are House, 24 and Lost.

Oh yeah.....and Days of our Lives.

Steelcitygal87
01-22-2009, 04:12 AM
Bones is awesome...well-developed characters and good interplay between them, plus three hottie actresses.

NCIS is good too. Very funny show.

NCIS is a funny show, good chemistry between all the actors. My favorites are Abby and McGee.

Steelcitygal87
01-22-2009, 04:20 AM
The only shows we make sure we watch are House, 24 and Lost.

Oh yeah.....and Days of our Lives.

I used to watch Days all the time.. and General Hospital(mostly when I was in high school and college). Haven't watched them for years though. I loved the characters Jack and Jennifer..they had such good chemistry and were so funny! Same goes for Frisco and Felicia on GH. I remember rushing home from the bus so I would be sure and not miss GH(as it aired at 3pm).

devilsdancefloor
01-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Fringe, Ncis, sanctuary, Battlestar, undeground cities, dirty jobs, Bones & sometimes house But if a blackhawks game is on during any of these above shows the game is on.:drink:

xfl2001fan
01-22-2009, 08:49 AM
House, Fringe, Superman, Kyle XY...I enjoy 24...but don't watch most of the episodes for many reasons. I've watched Bones and don't mind it either. Ultimately, with 7 people living in one house, we try to work out a schedule for who get's the TV when...and now that we've tossed in a Wii...that time is even more limited.

Steelcitygal87
01-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Fringe, Ncis, sanctuary, Battlestar, undeground cities, dirty jobs, Bones & sometimes house But if a blackhawks game is on during any of these above shows the game is on.:drink:

Oh I LOVE that show Dirty Jobs! The host is hysterical. My sister got me into watching it. Some of those jobs are just beyond nasty lol. I don't know how he does some of those without puking.

RunWillieRun
01-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Battlestar Galactica is by far my favorite current show on TV. I also like most of the USA shows, Monk, Psych, Burn Notice, etc. The Scifi nerd in me also likes both of the Stargate shows even thought both are canceled. However, the third series starts Fall 2009!

Steelcitygal87
01-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Battlestar Galactica is by far my favorite current show on TV. I also like most of the USA shows, Monk, Psych, Burn Notice, etc. The Scifi nerd in me also likes both of the Stargate shows even thought both are canceled. However, the third series starts Fall 2009!

I used to watch Stargate SG-1 all the time! Daniel Jackson and O'Neil were the greatest!

Hammer67
01-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Wow...good question. I hate prime time TV, for the most part. The only shows I got into were HBO classics like Sopranos, Deadwood, Rome and Band of Brothers. Other then that and sports, I have been watching those Ghost Hunter shows (TAPS??). My wife watches the Food network and Dancing with the Stars.

Mostly, it's all news and movies for me.

stlrtruck
01-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Heroes, CSI, CSI Miami, The Unit, Ugly Betty, Flashpoint,

vasteeler
01-22-2009, 10:51 AM
dirty jobs,bizzar foods with andrew zimmern,family guy,simpsons,king of the hill and of course my name is earl and i almost forgon two and a half men

steelreserve
01-22-2009, 11:27 AM
House, Metalocalypse, Survivorman, Man v. Food ... used to like Unbeatable Banzuke too until they stopped showing it. Those were some crazy Japanese guys.

kittenfantastico76
01-22-2009, 01:15 PM
30 Rock, The Office, Family Guy, Attack of the Show (G4), Paranormal State, The Soup, The Dish, The Daily Show & Colbert Report, Rock of Love (yes I'm a sucker for horrible vh1 girl drama!!!)... and I will admit I have an unhealthy obession with the food network AND HGTV!!!! (seriously I could watch them all day).

steelpinstripe72
01-22-2009, 03:10 PM
House MD (got into this over winter break)
Battlestar Galactica
Friday Night Lights
Lost

...and they're all back! :)

AllD
01-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Simpsons, Seinfeld, Hogan's Heroes, Bonanza, & military documentaries.

KeiselPower99
01-22-2009, 08:41 PM
The Munsters Green Acres and Beverly Hillbillies are a few more I like.

lilyoder6
01-22-2009, 09:27 PM
i love watching HOUSE... prob 1 of my fav shows... and i have 2 many too list.. thank gid for DVR!!

TheWarDen86
01-22-2009, 09:36 PM
i love watching HOUSE... prob 1 of my fav shows... and i have 2 many too list.. thank gid for DVR!!

My Fiancee LOOOOVES House. He was great on SNL but I can't stand how obnoxious he is. Not as bad as CSI Miami though. :laughing:

TeeJay
01-24-2009, 03:51 PM
The Deadliest Catch.............

SteelCurtain7
01-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Lost
Monk
Psych
Heroes
CSI (Las Vegas, Miami, & NY)
NCIS
Hogan's Heroes
Smallville
The Unit

steelergirl07
01-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Psych and The Office. I absolutely love Psych!!

SteelCurtain7
01-25-2009, 12:47 AM
I forgot The Closer. D'oh!!!!

Steelcitygal87
01-25-2009, 01:14 AM
I forgot The Closer. D'oh!!!!

I have seen a few episodes of that, pretty good show.