PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Cardinals Fans

Dino 6 Rings
01-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I welcome you to our board.

First off, Yes, I am mean and talk viciously about my favorite team the Steelers, so some of you may have already read some of my "smash their skulls posts"

But really, that's just me having fun. What I'd like to do is explain to you who first come to our board what it is to enter into Steelers Nation.

First to understand our passion, you must understand our sorrow.

Here you go.

1972 the year of the immaculate reception vs Oakland, yes, we all know that play, but did you know the following week we lost to the undefeated Miami Dolphins?

1973 we lost to the Oakland Raiders in the playoffs. Those are historically painful losses.

move through the 70s to the 80s. The darker days. Starting with the drafting of Mark Malone over home town love....Dan Marino. That stuck with us for over a decade. In 1984 Dan Marino beat Mark Malone and the Steelers in the AFC Conference title game, talk about a mistake coming back to haunt you.

1988, Bubby Brister takes over as QB, remember him? He fumbled the game away against Denver and allowed Elway to have the ball late to drive and win and go to the SuperBowl.

1994 Odennell, Loses at home to the San Diego Chargers in the AFC Title game.

1995 13.5 underdogs against the 2 time Champ Dallas Cowboys. We fight and claw and on side kick our way back into the game to get the ball late, and what happens? Neil throws his second, SECOND int to the same guy. We lose.

1996, Curtis Martin of PITT playing for New England chews us up and spits us out as he rushes for what seems like a billion yards and we are out of the playoffs again.

1997, Kordell Stewart, at Denver, AFC TItle Game, We lose, you may remember the highlights of Romanowski smacking his face mask in Kordell's face saying "Dumb Dumb Dumb"

2001, Drew Bledsoe enters the game for an Injuried Tom Brady, the Patriots beat us at home, with a Punt Return Touchdown and a blocked FG return...we miss the SB, again.

2002, Titans beat us on their way to the Super Bowl...sigh

2004, Rookie QB Ben Roethlisberger is schooled by the Pats defense and we lose again at home in the AFC Title game.

So, in order to have passion, and love, you have to have had your heart broken.

We have. We've been the favorite, we've been the underdog, we've been the Good Guys, the Bad Guys, the people you love, the team you love to hate...through it all...we've been here....so understand our history and our passion through our Pain, then you will understand

THE STEELERS NATION!

HometownGal
01-21-2009, 09:30 PM
What a phenomenal post Dino! :drink::hatsoff:

I don't think any fan of ANY other team could possibly ever understand the deep passion we hold for our Steelers and why. The Steelers Nation is the largest fanbase in the world and every season - win or lose - it just grows larger and stronger! :tt03::tt02:

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Most of the time i have Cried in front of people or got teary eyed involve the steelers one way or another

NEPAsteeler
01-21-2009, 09:42 PM
That is an awesome post! Major props!

Let's Go Steelers! Here's to invading Tampa and making it another stop on the Steeler Nation's road of awesomeness! :tt03:

revefsreleets
01-22-2009, 11:04 AM
I think this is also another way of saying that when the Cardinals lose it ain't so bad. It'll help build character.

westcoastransplant
01-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Great post. also remember the first 43 years of never winning a thing with coaches missing games for scouting trips, offensive unproduction, the never ending revolivng door of head coaches, drafting and releasing Johnny Unitas, etc.........

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 12:54 PM
I welcome you to our board.

First off, Yes, I am mean and talk viciously about my favorite team the Steelers, so some of you may have already read some of my "smash their skulls posts"

But really, that's just me having fun. What I'd like to do is explain to you who first come to our board what it is to enter into Steelers Nation.

First to understand our passion, you must understand our sorrow.

Here you go.

1972 the year of the immaculate reception vs Oakland, yes, we all know that play, but did you know the following week we lost to the undefeated Miami Dolphins?

1973 we lost to the Oakland Raiders in the playoffs. Those are historically painful losses.

move through the 70s to the 80s. The darker days. Starting with the drafting of Mark Malone over home town love....Dan Marino. That stuck with us for over a decade. In 1984 Dan Marino beat Mark Malone and the Steelers in the AFC Conference title game, talk about a mistake coming back to haunt you.

1988, Bubby Brister takes over as QB, remember him? He fumbled the game away against Denver and allowed Elway to have the ball late to drive and win and go to the SuperBowl.

1994 Odennell, Loses at home to the San Diego Chargers in the AFC Title game.

1995 13.5 underdogs against the 2 time Champ Dallas Cowboys. We fight and claw and on side kick our way back into the game to get the ball late, and what happens? Neil throws his second, SECOND int to the same guy. We lose.

1996, Curtis Martin of PITT playing for New England chews us up and spits us out as he rushes for what seems like a billion yards and we are out of the playoffs again.

1997, Kordell Stewart, at Denver, AFC TItle Game, We lose, you may remember the highlights of Romanowski smacking his face mask in Kordell's face saying "Dumb Dumb Dumb"

2001, Drew Bledsoe enters the game for an Injuried Tom Brady, the Patriots beat us at home, with a Punt Return Touchdown and a blocked FG return...we miss the SB, again.

2002, Titans beat us on their way to the Super Bowl...sigh

2004, Rookie QB Ben Roethlisberger is schooled by the Pats defense and we lose again at home in the AFC Title game.

So, in order to have passion, and love, you have to have had your heart broken.

We have. We've been the favorite, we've been the underdog, we've been the Good Guys, the Bad Guys, the people you love, the team you love to hate...through it all...we've been here....so understand our history and our passion through our Pain, then you will understand

THE STEELERS NATION!

Man, remove the parts about winning and being the favorite, and us Cards fans can totally relate!!!

:banging:

IAWarnerFan
01-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Man, remove the parts about winning and being the favorite, and us Cards fans can totally relate!!!

:iagree:

Heck, we're just happy to get this far. This is totally uncharted waters for us. :chuckle:

Wasn't it Brady coming in for Bledsoe? :doh:

Syracuselaxman44
01-22-2009, 04:12 PM
I too use some smash their skull talk over at the Cardinals board. I still can't believe we are in the Superbowl. One more game to shock the world!

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 04:16 PM

I dont ever remember the cardinals losing 4 Home AFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in a 10 year span. Not to mention 2 other playoff runs shut down in home games.

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 04:19 PM
I dont ever remember the cardinals losing 4 Home AFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in a 10 year span. Not to mention 2 other playoff runs shut down in home games.

Dude, are you kdding me!! We dream about experiencing that sorta pain!!!

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 04:19 PM
If you go into every season hoping you wont have a top 10 draft pick. Or hoping you can be .500 and not getting embarassed on national TV and it does not pan out Its not that big of a deal.

But as a Steelers Fan we expect to win a Super Bowl every year, Anything less is a failure.

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Its like the Pirates. Them not making the playoff's or winning half of their games really doenst bother me anymore. Im used to it. Atleast i can go to a beautiful stadium and get drunk.

MACH1
01-22-2009, 04:22 PM

:huh: I don't remember when the last time the cards were even in the playoffs.

Great post Dino!

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 04:23 PM
:huh: I don't remember when the last time the cards were even in the playoffs.

Great post Dino!

'98...

Did beat the Cowgirls that year though...

MACH1
01-22-2009, 04:24 PM

Its soon to be a reality. :helmet:

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 04:25 PM

That's cool...

westcoastransplant
01-22-2009, 04:28 PM
'98...

Did beat the Cowgirls that year though...

Remember that well. It 's always a good day when the Cowboys get beat! :applaudit:

SC Steeler Steve
01-22-2009, 05:02 PM

Heck, we're just happy to get this far. This is totally uncharted waters for us. :chuckle:

No, Brady had taken over for Bledsoe earlier in the year. Brady got hurt early in the AFC Championship game and Bledsoe came in and finished us off. :mad:

That was his point. He would love to experience this^^^^ kind of pain.

If you go into every season hoping you wont have a top 10 draft pick. Or hoping you can be .500 and not getting embarassed on national TV and it does not pan out Its not that big of a deal.

But as a Steelers Fan we expect to win a Super Bowl every year, Anything less is a failure.
THIS ^^^^^^^^

Remember that well. It 's always a good day when the Cowboys get beat! :applaudit:
THIS TOO... ^^^^:tt::flap:

Also I woud like to say this thread starter was a great one. But with all the heartbreak we have experienced we are still on the verge of becoming the first franchise in the NFL to win 6 Superbowl titles. That is an accomplishment I am very proud of. Wehave lost a boat load of AFC Champ games, but that is because we are the greatest Franchise in the NFL.

Has any team played in more Conf. Championship games than us.. I bet NO!!

TheManOfSteel
01-22-2009, 05:04 PM

Lmao.. Yes, yes it will be reality for Cards fans.

IAWarnerFan
01-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Lmao.. Yes, yes it will be reality for Cards fans.

Maybe, maybe not! Either way, I just hope it's a good game. :wink02:

Texasteel
01-22-2009, 06:26 PM

This is what worries me, just a little bit. The Cards season is made, what ever happens in the Super Bowl their season was far above what they thought it would be. Win or lose, they've already won.

That in itself makes them a very dangerous team.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
This is what worries me, just a little bit. The Cards season is made, what ever happens in the Super Bowl their season was far above what they thought it would be. Win or lose, they've already won.

That in itself makes them a very dangerous team.

I agree. They have nothing to lose!
The steelers are expected to win by Vegas odds and ESPN media.Which I hate BTW.
The Cards are a real dangerous team because you know they are going to let it everything they got on the field, the steelers better not underestimate them!

stlrz fan
01-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Coach will not let them be underestimated. These same points are being preached to our players.

Dino 6 Rings
01-23-2009, 07:14 AM

No, Brady took over the starting Job from Bledsoe that season, but was hurt in the Steeler game (game after the tuck rule game) and Bledsoe came in.

SteelMember
01-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Dino, that was a great op. Unfortunately, there only seems to be 2-3 cardinal fans who are here to appreciate it. I wonder who was left to watch their board when they ventured over here to read it.

Oh well. All I can say is that it deserves a bump in case anyone should have missed it. Now, Let's break some skulls.

:helmet::tt03:Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go! :tt03::helmet:

realdeal
01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Cardinal fans for the most part are pretty cool. But their logo sure is gay looking.:laughing:

PoundinSteel
01-23-2009, 06:30 PM
I can relate to the Card fans. I did not expect the Steelers to be in the SB this year. Beating the Ravens 3 times this year was more pleasure than one Steeler fan deserves. Anything from here on out is gravy.

82CardsGrad
01-23-2009, 07:05 PM
I can relate to the Card fans. I did not expect the Steelers to be in the SB this year. Beating the Ravens 3 times this year was more pleasure than one Steeler fan deserves. Anything from here on out is gravy.

Hey man!!! We own that line!! That's ours!!!!!

:laughing:

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Cardinal fans for the most part are pretty cool. But their logo sure is gay looking.:laughing:

Did you prefer the old logo? ::huh:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 01:05 AM
The old logo was so bad it was almost kinda cool. Everybody does the bird head.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 01:12 AM
The old logo was so bad it was almost kinda cool. Everybody does the bird head.

I've been looking for the Cardinals new logo stuff here with no luck. I still have the old logo hat that I'm wearing all the time.:shake01:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 01:14 AM
It was a lil japanese looking with like The Rising Sun Gig but it was not that bad. Do they ever wear throwbacks

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 01:18 AM
It was a lil japanese looking with like The Rising Sun Gig but it was not that bad. Do they ever wear throwbacks

That's the state flag that was on the sleeves! :doh:
Rarely!

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 01:31 AM
Well whatever it was didnt you think it looked kinda asiany....(thats the 2nd word i made up tonight on the forums)

Like can you guys buy the Throwbacks. I actually looked at the website today and didnt see them. I love our 75th's which has now become our 3rd Jersey. I really wish we would wear white on white sometime. But hey its tradition and im not gonna go against that.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 01:45 AM
I like how basic the state flag looks. Some states tried to go too complex and they look ugly in the process.

What site? I'm not sure how to find throwbacks. Maybe ebay? But you'd have to be careful of cheap ripoffs. The red on red the Cardinals wear looks ok to me, but I wouldn't mind see them going to throwbacks sometimes.:noidea:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Just the Cardinals Pro Shop. On there website. Its not like i want one obviosly (hahahha). But i was trying to show someone the old uniforms you guys wore and see if they still sold them.

And whats up with the Alternates you do wear those are not exciting for me at all. The all red ones?

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 01:56 AM
The all red ones aren't that great looking I agree, but the white ones look pretty cool.
If you go to wiki, you can see both the throwback and current.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 01:59 AM
What I don't understand is why they don't sell the replica jerseys with the C on them. :noidea:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 02:01 AM
maybee you could just change your name to the Sun Devils. I do like that name and their baseball team. (barry bonds yes i am a pirate fan that still has love for the guy)

I got some family in Yuma and their high school was the Fighting Bandito's or something like that. I guess it was a old hideout for bandits.
Cool nickname i thought.

this thread went way off topic...haha

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 02:05 AM
No, Cardinals will do just fine.

Our local minor league baseball team is called the River Bandits.:laughing:

Agreed! :wink02:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 02:11 AM
My family in Yuma is Steeler Fans actually. But they are Diamondback Fans. How Convenient.
Come on the Pirates have to go .500 sometime.

Ok i decided i went soft for a minute and im going back to flaming anything that has to do with Arizona until after the super bowl. ahahha lol

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Well in baseball the smaller market teams have a big disadvantage. Sometimes they'll have a good season here and there, but mostly struggle. The large market teams tend to be at the top with just an occasional struggling season here and there. The DBacks are more or less middle market, while the Pirates are small market.

That wouldn't be in the spirit of this thread. :flap:

SteelersinCA
01-24-2009, 02:58 AM
Well in baseball the smaller market teams have a big disadvantage. Sometimes they'll have a good season here and there, but mostly struggle. The large market teams tend to be at the top with just an occasional struggling season here and there. The DBacks are more or less middle market, while the Pirates are small market.

That wouldn't be in the spirit of this thread. :flap:

Way off topic but imagine if the Pirates could have held Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke, and Jay Bell together for a couple years longer. Man those were the days at 3 Rivers!!!

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Way off topic but imagine if the Pirates could have held Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke, and Jay Bell together for a couple years longer. Man those were the days at 3 Rivers!!!
I honestly don't follow the Pirates very much but I'm guessing it went like this? Bonds went elsewhere and got more $. Bonilla and Van Slyke retired. Jay Bell went to the DBacks and probably got more $.

SteelersinCA
01-24-2009, 03:10 AM
I honestly don't follow the Pirates very much but I'm guessing it went like this? Bonds went elsewhere and got more $. Bonilla and Van Slyke retired. Jay Bell went to the DBacks and probably got more $.

All I know is ever since we got screwed against the reds in the NLCS, the Pirates just havent been the same.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 03:12 AM
All I know is ever since we got screwed against the reds in the NLCS, the Pirates just havent been the same.

You actually had one of my favorite players until you traded him to the Red Sox in a 3 way deal. I like Jason Bay! I've got his LumberKings bobblehead btw!

steelerdave1969
01-24-2009, 04:09 AM
I really think this Super Bowl will be very entertaining myself. The Cardinals vaunted offense against the Steelers vaunted defense. As a Steelers fan for way back, it kind of worries me about a bigtime QB and WR's like Larry Fitz just terroizing our secondary. I know our secondary has played better this season, but I am worried that Fitz is gonna go off on us or Anquan Boldin since being that Fitz will get double teamed on 98% of his time on the field, which makes Troy Polomalu less efective around the line of scrimage.
But Good Luck Cardinals Fans, I Hope You Enjoy The Time You Were Part of NFL History In A Steelers Six Pack Victory