PDA

View Full Version : Its like a morgue up in here

tony hipchest
01-21-2009, 10:56 PM
last week ratbird fans didnt make a single post in the blast furnace, and so far neither has a cardinal fan.

holy shit, its SUPER BOWL pre-week! :tt03:

back in early '06 this place was crawling with over confident seahawk fans. they talked so much smack in every forum, so sure their #1 seed was gonna beat our lowly #6.

hell, now we dont even have the likes of bungles or brownfans to bash here anymore. they have scurried like la cucaracha.

have we become so dominant in the eyes of all other fans, they know trash talk is futile? :helmet:

stillers4me
01-21-2009, 11:08 PM
One of the patients I worked up today said something nice about me today, and the doc said, "Yeah, she's good but too bad she's a Steelers fan. But what can I say now that they're going to Superbowl? " :chuckle: I laughed and said, "Let's hear some smack talk now, big guy."

I couldn't say "Bow down, bitches."

devilsdancefloor
01-22-2009, 12:21 AM
maybe we should give'em a few days extention before it is a total blackout?

MACH1
01-22-2009, 12:52 AM
I don't know, they don't have a lot to talk smack about. Unless they want to brag about beating the likes of the niners, ewe's or whahawks. How tough their division is and how they had the hardest schedule in all the NFL.:stirthepot:

SteelersMongol
01-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Cuz all those teams you have mentioned are nowhere 2 B seen.

& the Cardinals fans are very cautious. :wink02: In other words, the Cardinals fans are not stupid but smart. :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
01-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Anyone from that organization that could talk smack has either passed away or is so old, they can't talk loud enough to talk smack.

This new "brand" of fan doesn't understand smack talk and when they get it back, they have nothing to come back with. I mean really there's only so much hope you can put on the last few games and you can't talk smack from a 3 game view compared to history and tradition!!!

memphissteelergirl
01-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Eh...give it time. It will probably start up Sun/Mon.

While I'm sure we may get some intelligent Cardinals fans who will want to break down the matchup in a civilized manner, we will get more than our share of jackazzes who think Arizona is the Almightly's gift to football and we don't have a snowball's chances in you-know-where.

Bob Russell
01-22-2009, 11:28 AM
From what I've seen and read, I think there is only about 5 Cardinal fans out there. And they can't stand the owners!

Leftoverhard
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
yeah, there really aren't any Cardinals fans. There are probably more Steelers fans in Arizona than Cardinals fans.
They will get a bunch of bandwagon fans if they win, but no trash talkers.
I know - boring. Seriously. I wish we were playing someone fun. Nevermind, I'll take it.

SteelCurtain7
01-22-2009, 05:04 PM
It's early yet. They will troll in here. Just give it time. ;)

Leftoverhard
01-22-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm serious, I really don't think Cardinals fans even exist. They're like Santa. Or the tooth fairy.

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 07:44 PM
well i guess since theres still a few brownies around, we can make fun of the cardinals actually being in a superbowl and their team has yet to taste the glory...

:laughing:

stlrtruck
01-22-2009, 07:55 PM
well i guess since theres still a few brownies around, we can make fun of the cardinals actually being in a superbowl and their team has yet to taste the glory...

See, there's always a silver lining :rofl:

beSteelmyheart
01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
It's early yet. They will troll in here. Just give it time. ;)
Maybe next week, huh?:chuckle:
But it is kind of bizarre, isn't it?
All we need now is the background sound of crickets chirping on the Cardinals threads.

Hawk Believer
01-22-2009, 08:03 PM
I could pretend to be a Card fan if it would make the board more fun. :noidea: But I am not a natural trash talker. And it would be difficult for me to puff up a division rival...

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I could pretend to be a Card fan if it would make the board more fun. :noidea: But I am not a natural trash talker. And it would be difficult for me to puff up a division rival...:laughing:

hey hawk b, it was actually fun back in 06 when you guys flooded the board. there was arguing and debate going on in every thread it seems. good times :drink:

heres a nice article on how the cards have no fans-

http://postgazette.com/pg/09022/943644-66.stm?cmpid=newspanel2

"When Bidwill's son took over the reins and asked for a new stadium [approved by voters in 2000], that brought new hope to the Valley," added Darrell Thompson, 45, a fan from North Phoenix, referring to Michael Bidwill assuming control of the team from his father. " I think there is a [B]small, hard-core base of 5,000 to 10,000 fans. However, there are a lot of closet fans that hoped and prayed the Cardinals would get to this point. But we are in uncharted territory. This is all new to us and [has] caught this city off guard. All I know is, everywhere I have been going, I am starting to see the Cardinals' colors pop up."

5-10K huh? :chuckle:

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 08:29 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/time100Chirping_Crickets-775857.jpg

(looks like kurts family will be attending the game)

The Patriot
01-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Wait a second... You guys finally find a fan base without any trolls and your upset about it? :scratchchin:

I hope fansince76' is holding up.

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 08:58 PM
i like the trolls. theyre fun. except for the ones who try to ignore me blasting them, instead getting lippy with the ladies around here.

devilsdancefloor
01-22-2009, 11:32 PM

hey hawk b, it was actually fun back in 06 when you guys flooded the board. there was arguing and debate going on in every thread it seems. good times :drink:

heres a nice article on how the cards have no fans-

http://postgazette.com/pg/09022/943644-66.stm?cmpid=newspanel2

5-10K huh? :chuckle:

OMG Cardinal Nation!

Leftoverhard
01-23-2009, 12:20 AM
"under the radar." LMAO! Aren't fans supposed to make noise and act like idiots and paint themselves and make drunken asses out of themselves? Fans aren't supposed to crouch like tigers in the dark. Waiting for the right moment to spring their secret fan behavior on the opposing team. I'm cracking myself up just thinking about the covert Cardinals fans.

Texasteel
01-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Wait a second... You guys finally find a fan base without any trolls and your upset about it? :scratchchin:

With this dead time before the SB, and the off season coming. I hope we don't turn on each other as the need for fresh meat increases.

Help us Patriot, your our only hope.

Texasteel
01-23-2009, 06:11 AM
i like the trolls. theyre fun. except for the ones who try to ignore me blasting them, instead getting lippy with the ladies around here.

You've noticed that too have you, and it's not because our ladies are lacking in knowledge. They just don't like the fact that a woman knows more about football that they do.

The Patriot
01-23-2009, 06:48 AM
With this dead time before the SB, and the off season coming. I hope we don't turn on each other as the need for fresh meat increases.

Help us Patriot, your our only hope.

I checked the Cardinals boards but the closest thing I could find to trash talk was a thread where they compare their team to the 2005 Steelers. The posters seem pretty friendly and grounded, all eleven of them.

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=38913&page=2

Bob Russell
01-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Maybe next week, huh?:chuckle:
But it is kind of bizarre, isn't it?
All we need now is the background sound of crickets chirping on the Cardinals threads.

I broke up on this one. Thanks for the laugh this morning! My brain put that picture in my head within micro seconds. I broke up. Thanks again, I really needed this this morning.

Dino 6 Rings
01-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Its the Deep Breath before the Plunge.

Quiet before the Storm

whatever metaphor you want but its coming.

steelax04
01-23-2009, 11:54 AM
I could pretend to be a Card fan if it would make the board more fun. :noidea: But I am not a natural trash talker. And it would be difficult for me to puff up a division rival...

As long as you can say "No one can stop our offense!!!11" to every single question you'll fit right in.

Steeler in Carolina
01-23-2009, 06:48 PM
They will be a lot of Steeler haters for the Super Bowl, but I have never met a true Cardinal fan. I don't know if their is such a thing.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-24-2009, 07:51 AM
OMG Cardinal Nation!

:rofl: :toofunny:

OMG!

I do kinda wish there were some trolls, they make it interesting.

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 07:56 AM
You've noticed that too have you, and it's not because our ladies are lacking in knowledge. They just don't like the fact that a woman knows more about football that they do.

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::thumbsup:

I love lippy trolls, especially the chauvinistic variety! :banana: Makes it more fun showing them the cyber door! :applaudit:

Don't you know - women are supposed to be working hard in the kitchen cookin' the brats and kraut and fetching you men your beer instead of daring to get into a football game? :jawdrop: :chuckle:

MACH1
01-24-2009, 11:45 AM
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::thumbsup:

I love lippy trolls, especially the chauvinistic variety! :banana: Makes it more fun showing them the cyber door! :applaudit:

Don't you know - women are supposed to be working hard in the kitchen cookin' the brats and kraut and fetching you men your beer instead of daring to get into a football game? :jawdrop: :chuckle:

Hey, The beer ain't gonna get itself. :flap:

Polamalu Princess
01-24-2009, 11:58 AM

Thanks guys!!!! We do get a beating sometimes. But we can give it back too!!!:pin::pin:::pin::muhaha::muhaha::muhaha:

Texasteel
01-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey, The beer ain't gonna get itself. :flap:

Damn MACH, you are so dead.

tony hipchest
01-25-2009, 01:38 PM

uh yeah.... no.

somehow, i just cant imagine you in that role.

i can better picture you with a stiletto heel jabbed into the back of some poor fools neck. :smile: lol! (YAY) :cheer:

fansince'76
01-25-2009, 02:25 PM

Couldn't resist being a dick as usual, I see. :coffee: