PDA

View Full Version : I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOU

thebus36idf
01-22-2009, 01:03 AM
I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I was on the trash Ben, Arians, and the O-line wagon and boy now do I feel like an IDIOT! I want you all to write it down thebus36idf will never talk against my beloved STEELERS again. I want to hear how many of you are willing to step up to the plate, and admit that the fans who got on us for our mid-season string of depressing threads were right and we were way off base. In hindsight I underestimated our STEELERS, and I should have never let my emotions get in the way of the fact that our STEELERS are always on top. We are without a doubt one of the best franchises in sports. I always knew that, but I took it for granted. I am way to spoiled with this team, and have been truly humbled by where we are today. So lets hear from the rest of you. How do you feel now, and how will you respond in the future. So here I go SORRY GUYS I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID. I WAS WRONG AND WIN OR LOSE NEXT SUNDAY THE STEELERS ARE #1 IN MY BOOK. AND FOREVER WILL BE. FORGIVE ME IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN:hug::tt::drink: WHEN I SAID I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS WHEN WE GET OUR BUTTS KICKED IN THE PLAYOFFS,.. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS SAYING, AND COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO YOU:applaudit:

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 01:08 AM
I called Ben unaffective and a waste of money haflway through the season. haha.

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 01:09 AM
if you said the things above i am pretty sure i have previously blasted you.

you are forgiven.

tony hipchest
01-22-2009, 01:12 AM
I called Ben unaffective and a waste of money haflway through the season. haha.hilarious. :rolleyes:

Preacher
01-22-2009, 01:20 AM
sad thing is, there are still people trying to justify those positions.

Least you have seen the light.

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 01:34 AM
I never actually believed what i was saying i was just so Freaking Mad. I was not one of the Leftwich should start this season people.

steelwall
01-22-2009, 02:17 AM
My opinion...it takes a real man to admit his flaws (not saying you have a flaw) but you voiced an opinion which may have been over the top in some ways. At least you admit it, so never will..... Much respect.

Blitzberg06
01-22-2009, 02:49 AM
I was behind Ben all the way. He isn't going to be godly every year but I guarandamntee with number 7 at Qb we have the best chance to win.

LVSteelersfan
01-22-2009, 02:58 AM
I was PO'ed at Ben several times this season but he always came back and made me eat my words. Ben is the man. That is why he is my avatar. I love this team and always will through thick and thin. And heaven knows we had a lot of thin through the 80's.

Rotorhead
01-22-2009, 03:39 AM
I am man enough to admit I was in the Fire Arians group. But I still don't like him as a coordinator. He is improving, but I still would like someone else.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-22-2009, 04:08 AM
I was in the "fire Arians" and "the O-line sucks" group... Now both are just O.K....Still stand by my position if not as stern as before.

hindes204
01-22-2009, 05:20 AM
while i will admit the o line needs help, i never called them out, or called for arians head, or said ben should be benched, i defended them all year, and i hope a super bowl appearence/win will quiet down the people who have been complaining all year

stillers4me
01-22-2009, 05:33 AM
Everybody seems to think he's suddenly doing a bag up job just because suddenly he started calling plays they way everyone been screaming for. He's been criticized by fans and the media for 2 years and now suddenly he's a genius because he ran the I formation for what...one or two games? We've had the same players all year and it was a change in play calling that made the difference., And I have a gut feeling it wasn't him , it was Tomlin that layed it on the line. There was no reason for us to struggle as long as we did. If he is retained, is willing to revamp his whole philosophy in the offseason and turn this oline around?

That being said, Go Steelers! Bring home #6!

Blitzburgh_Fever
01-22-2009, 06:10 AM
I was in the "the OL sucks!" and "wtf is Arians thinking" group a fair amount of times. I never got much into the Fire Arians thing, but it was close. I'm not really ashamed of that, but the OL really stepped up and Arians has kept the game focused at least. I still think there're betters OC out there (Billick...mmm, and it'd piss off the Ratbirds).

My biggest is I said Moore should be the starter, even after FWP was healthy. Boy was I wrong. I still want a big strong bruiser, but FWP certainly has a lot of gas left.

BlastFurnace
01-22-2009, 06:17 AM
LOL...I remember saying our defense sucked after the preseason game against Buffalo.

Rick5895
01-22-2009, 06:32 AM
I am still not a fan of Arians, I don't think he calls a very good game, Ben is just playing out of his mind right now (something I have always said) Arians empties the backfield too much inside the red zone which takes away the play action, but I will admit there does seem to be continuity on "O"
I still stand by my statement that Colon is not very good, too many penalties in crucial situations, he may be better at guard.

aries4972
01-22-2009, 09:43 AM
BELIEVE!

FacemeIke
01-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I've been on the fire Arains bandwagon all season, and i've backed off a bit but not much. For reasons like Sunday, 12:30 left in the 4th Quarter, Steelers up by 9, 3rd and 1 near midfield. We empty the backfield and go 5 wideouts and throw an incomplete pass, stopping the clock and forcing us to punt. I despise that play call and it was only made worse when Berger shanked the punt the next play.

With that said, i've been behind Ben all season in good and bad times and I think our O-Line is doing as well as could be expected considering the free agent losses and injuries.

SC Steeler Steve
01-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I was on the trash Ben, Arians, and the O-line wagon and boy now do I feel like an IDIOT! I want you all to write it down thebus36idf will never talk against my beloved STEELERS again. I want to hear how many of you are willing to step up to the plate, and admit that the fans who got on us for our mid-season string of depressing threads were right and we were way off base. In hindsight I underestimated our STEELERS, and I should have never let my emotions get in the way of the fact that our STEELERS are always on top. We are without a doubt one of the best franchises in sports. I always knew that, but I took it for granted. I am way to spoiled with this team, and have been truly humbled by where we are today. So lets hear from the rest of you. How do you feel now, and how will you respond in the future. So here I go SORRY GUYS I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID. I WAS WRONG AND WIN OR LOSE NEXT SUNDAY THE STEELERS ARE #1 IN MY BOOK. AND FOREVER WILL BE. FORGIVE ME IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN:hug::tt::drink: WHEN I SAID I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS WHEN WE GET OUR BUTTS KICKED IN THE PLAYOFFS,.. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS SAYING, AND COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO YOU:applaudit:

I personally have never, in Bens 5 years with the Steelers, ever thought anything bad of him. Our Oline didnt play well early in the year and Ben suffered from it. I still believe our running game has suffered from it all year. I have and have had alot of confidence in this team all year. You are gonna hit bumps, and the one time I was livid with Ben (after the Colts game) he came right in and said "I take the blame". I love having Ben on our team. He is definitly one of the top 3 QBs in the league. Top 2 without brady. JMO.

Cheppy
01-22-2009, 11:17 AM
I've never been a Ben basher but like everyone else the play of the offensive line made me irate for most of the season but they have gelled & gotten better as the season went on. I hope they resign Starks & Smith, move Starks to right tackle & Colon to right guard. Starks played great in that spot when they went on their epic super bowl run in 05. But Arians is still deserving of being chastised. He's been consistently terrible & if he didn't have a qb that was adept at improvisation his ineptitude would be even more glaring. But it's glaring enough.

Everybody seems to think he's suddenly doing a bag up job just because suddenly he started calling plays they way everyone been screaming for. He's been criticized by fans and the media for 2 years and now suddenly he's a genius because he ran the I formation for what...one or two games? We've had the same players all year and it was a change in play calling that made the difference., And I have a gut feeling it wasn't him , it was Tomlin that layed it on the line. There was no reason for us to struggle as long as we did. If he is retained, is willing to revamp his whole philosophy in the offseason and turn this oline around?

Agreed.. And didn't Arians say after the Browns game that they've run the i formation alot during the season? I don't remember seeing it:laughing:

I am still not a fan of Arians, I don't think he calls a very good game, Ben is just playing out of his mind right now (something I have always said) Arians empties the backfield too much inside the red zone which takes away the play action, but I will admit there does seem to be continuity on "O"
I still stand by my statement that Colon is not very good, too many penalties in crucial situations, he may be better at guard.

Yup..

DACEB
01-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Was this some sort of step in a program, or something. Whoever's feathers I ruffled, I'm sorry. Get a spine!!

Don't let anyone, ANYONE, tell you that your less of a fan if you critique the team.

I'm not a coach, I don't have to watch what I say so I don't hurt some million dollar baby's feelings. I love the Steelers just as much as the next guy or gal here, my criticism does not take away from that.

I will always have an opinion, sometimes pro and sometimes con. And it will take more than just telling me that I'm less of a fan,or the coaches know better to change my mind.

I've been on Arians all season, and there has been marked improvement. I would credit most of that to Tomlin tightening the reigns. I will say that continuity plays a huge role in success. Looking at the many coaching moves throughout the league, I would take comfort in knowing we'll keep everyone together.

Dino 6 Rings
01-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I was a pretty big hater on Arians...until I saw McHugh in the backfield lead blocking.

Still not a fan of the 3rd and one shotgun formations...but whatever, just win.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-22-2009, 12:05 PM
sad thing is, there are still people trying to justify those positions.

This is so true. Its tough for some people to admitt they were wrong.

I was wrong about thinking our O line was around the top 15-20 in the NFL.....I think it was actually 20-25 this season.

I was wrong that Arians reliance on Carey Davis as a FB and lack of a running game would hurt us in the playoffs, but am glad that McHugh has stepped in and we have still tried to run.

Otherwise, I drank the IC, backed Ben, the O line, the RB's, but was consistent in my "Carey Davis Hater" status and that we have no D-line depth. One more win and none of it matters!!!

MasterOfPuppets
01-22-2009, 12:15 PM
i've blasted the oline all year...especially willie " the penalty " colon........ and will continue to do so, until replacements are found, or they show something that resembles consistency....( and consistently sucking , doesn't count ) :coffee:

revefsreleets
01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I was on the trash Ben, Arians, and the O-line wagon and boy now do I feel like an IDIOT! I want you all to write it down thebus36idf will never.....

I pardon you...

http://www.geocities.com/aaronbcaldwell/Schindlerslist1.jpg

zsheik22
01-22-2009, 12:46 PM
I still cannot stand Bruce Arians and I think he's bad at play calling.

Im not going to let it dampen where the Steelers are, though.

CPanther95
01-22-2009, 12:47 PM
I called Ben unaffective and a waste of money haflway through the season. haha.

Isn't "unaffective" a good thing?

Sounds like he doesn't let anything affect him.

atlsteelers
01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
i am still not a fan of arians. he can change my mind on superbowl sunday.

so with all of these young coordinatoors getting head coaching jobs, heck even the haley guy in arizona is getting noticed by KC. nobody has even taken a sniff at arians. wonder why?

fansince'76
01-22-2009, 03:18 PM
so with all of these young coordinatoors getting head coaching jobs, heck even the haley guy in arizona is getting noticed by KC. nobody has even taken a sniff at arians. wonder why?

Because he's 56, maybe? :noidea:

MACH1
01-22-2009, 04:11 PM
i am still not a fan of arians. he can change my mind on superbowl sunday.

He sucks. :rolleyes:

Stlrs4Life
01-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I am man enough to admit I was in the Fire Arians group. But I still don't like him as a coordinator. He is improving, but I still would like someone else.

Same here, and still believe we need a new OC.

SC Steeler Steve
01-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Unbelieveable, I have been a Steeler fan since sometime around '77 '78. I definitly remember Superbowl 14, I was 10 years old. I dont know exactly why I became a Steeler fan but I did. I really think it was the beautiful color combination of Black & Gold. Anyway, I spent 16 years thinking the Steelers were suppose to be in the Superbowl every year. Then I spent another 10 believeing if we ever get a QB we would win it again, but I also wondered if we ever would. Now we have a WINNER for QB. We have won one SB in his 5 years and realistically should win the second in Febuary. I am not defending Arians or anybody else, cause God and my wife and kids know I have cursed the TV and the Beautiful Black and Gold Coaches and players as much as anyone this season. But the fact is, we are in the Superbowl again. And in my fair opinion we will be the first NFL franchise to win 6 superbowl titles. I dont know that Arians is the right guy, but I do know he is a part of having us where every other team in the AFC and NFC wish they were. For the young fan, enjoy this one. To the older fan (like myself) enjoy this. Lets dont worry about the mistakes that were made throughout the year. I just hope I dont ever have to see another 26 year SB winless stretch for us, cause if so I will sure enough be an old man. I am just happy to be here. 26 years was a long time to go without winning one. Now we are on the verge of winning our second in the last 4 seasons.

JUST WIN
GO STEELERS

43Hitman
01-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Unbelieveable, I have been a Steeler fan since sometime around '77 '78. I definitly remember Superbowl 14, I was 10 years old. I dont know exactly why I became a Steeler fan but I did. I really think it was the beautiful color combination of Black & Gold. Anyway, I spent 16 years thinking the Steelers were suppose to be in the Superbowl every year. Then I spent another 10 believeing if we ever get a QB we would win it again, but I also wondered if we ever would. Now we have a WINNER for QB. We have won one SB in his 5 years and realistically should win the second in Febuary. I am not defending Arians or anybody else, cause God and my wife and kids know I have cursed the TV and the Beautiful Black and Gold Coaches and players as much as anyone this season. But the fact is, we are in the Superbowl again. And in my fair opinion we will be the first NFL franchise to win 6 superbowl titles. I dont know that Arians is the right guy, but I do know he is a part of having us where every other team in the AFC and NFC wish they were. For the young fan, enjoy this one. To the older fan (like myself) enjoy this. Lets dont worry about the mistakes that were made throughout the year. I just hope I dont ever have to see another 26 year SB winless stretch for us, cause if so I will sure enough be an old man. I am just happy to be here. 26 years was a long time to go without winning one. Now we are on the verge of winning our second in the last 4 seasons.

JUST WIN
GO STEELERS

Good post. Is your bold button broke?

SC Steeler Steve
01-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Good post. Is your bold button broke?

Thanks and no. I have always liked writing in bold... LOL

BehindSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I think just about everyone was blasting Arians, FWP, Big Ben at some point this season. Don't lie because i'll admit that I was bashful on all 3. It was everyone.

xfl2001fan
01-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm man enough to admit I hoped Arians would lead you to shambles...unfortunately Dick LeBeau is 10x the man Arians is....which really led to you going to the SB. I still hope you lose. :flap:

To the OP:

Serious props bud! That's not something 99% of the people on this site actually believed they would see...though most probably feel like it should have been done. Good on you.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-22-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm man enough to admit I hoped Arians would lead you to shambles...unfortunately Dick LeBeau is 10x the man Arians is....which really led to you going to the SB. .

I think that is a fair statement. Average offense and amazing defense. The problem when Arians was in Cleveland is that your defense was terrible too.

GodofGridiron
01-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Im not changing my stance on Arians.......Superbowl victory or not. The man learned nothing..........he finds something he likes he sticks with it, whether its effective or not. Has he once told Ben to not hike the ball during the last 1-2 secs of the play clock ? Arians will never catch you off guard with strategy. His motto is: "If you know what im running playwise, try to stop it.......if you succeed, ill try it again...and keep tryin it.....i dont care." I dont think ive seen more than 2 bootlegs this season.......i havent seen a single screen completed (actually we look pathetic tryin to execute it).

I despise Arians 2x as much as i did Ray Sherman and i still want him gone on the first thing smokin out of Pitt post Superbowl XL3.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I never lost faith in Ben, his our QB for a long time, and I proud to have him on our side.