PDA

View Full Version : Koopa's Request...

Suitanim
12-27-2005, 09:41 PM
He wants to know what my Av is...It's old school, so here's a link. It's a show I watched when I was a kid back in the early 70's. Sleestak. Will and Holly. Land of the Lost. It was also a modern (at the time) take on "Swiss Family Robinson", a Johann David Wyss novel...

http://www.landofthelost.com/

Koopa
12-27-2005, 09:45 PM
oooohhhhhhh..................i remember on bubble buy they showed him watching this show. and is this the show with the theme song when a family is driving and then fall in to some cave looking thing? i remember when i was young i used to watch a show with some ppl and dinosaurs, don't remember if it's the same thing though

Suitanim
12-27-2005, 09:53 PM
oooohhhhhhh..................i remember on bubble buy they showed him watching this show. and is this the show with the theme song when a family is driving and then fall in to some cave looking thing? i remember when i was young i used to watch a show with some ppl and dinosaurs, don't remember if it's the same thing though

That's it, "Mayne"...it's jokey now, but back in the day it was what we had, and we bought it. Actually, I think you saw the second, redux version of it, since they revived it a little later.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2005, 10:01 PM
You didnt know what a sleestack was koopa: :rofl: oh man they are classic ! Damn I loved the show land of the lost !!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2005, 10:02 PM
you didnt know what a sleestack was ??? :rofl: oh man I loved Land of the Lost !! What a great show.

BB2W
12-28-2005, 12:46 AM
I didn't know what it was either. :busted:

Prosdo
12-28-2005, 12:49 AM
So thats what your AV is lol. I'm like Koopa I saw the remake version. I think it only lasted a year or two.

bengalsfan21
12-28-2005, 06:20 AM
I didn't know either.....I guess you gotta be old to know :poke:

Steel - X
12-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Yeah old is right! A great show from what I have heard back in the day. Never got the pleasure of seeing any of the shows because they were all copied on 8 tracks, sucks. I looked around on the site suit posted and found some funny stuff.

Theme Song
Marshall, Will and Holly
On a routine expedition
Met the greatest earthquake ever known
High on the rapids It struck their tiny raft (insert screams here)
And plunged them down a thousand feet below
To the Land of the Lost
To the Land of the Lost
To the Land of the Lost

FAQ's
1. Q: What the hell is Land of the Lost?
A: Land of the Lost is a groovy TV show from those whacky Krofft brothers Sid and Marty. The show ran from September 1974 to December 1976.

2. Q: No really, what is Land of the Lost?
A: Ah, if all you have are really faint memories, let me help you out. Land of the Lost is about the Marshall family; Rick the dad, Will the son and Holly the pig tailed daughter. While on a camping trip in the great outdoors, an earthquake sends their little yellow raft plummeting down a huge waterfall into a land that time forgot. You have your dinosaurs, your giant insect men, and your ape folks, it's quite the scene.

3. Q: Who were those green lizard men?
A: Those guys were called Sleestak. The were tall, thin and used little crossbows with skill that hasn't been seen since Kevin Costner tried to speak with an English accent in Robin Hood.

4. Q: I remember one Sleestak who was gold, what's up with him?
A: That would be Enik, my main man who wears the sporty disco vest and can speak English with the best of them. He sort of ended up in the Land of the Lost like the Marshalls, except he fell through a time doorway and got stuck with all his stupid descendants running around trying to kill him off. He came from the past, where all Sleestak were intelligent and peaceful, and was horrified to see that his descendants were violent and really unskilled marksmen.

5. Q: Did Bill Laimbeer from the Detroit Pistons ever play a Sleestak.
A: He most certainly did.

Funny stuff!!

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 08:41 AM
If I said I knew what a sleestak was you guys would think that I was in my late 30`s.

Oh yeah, I am. Damn I`m getting old!

Steel - X
12-28-2005, 08:43 AM
You are old man or should I say mayne since this is koopa's thread?