PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Times

Burghfan58
01-22-2009, 04:11 PM
To be a Steeler fan. Act like a sponge and suck up all the excitment and memories you can because you never know how long before we get another opportunity. I started following the Steelers in 72 and enjoyed 8 years of dominance. I thought it would last forever. I still have a button with Joe Green on it that Says"One for the thumb in 81". I waited till 95 for them to get back to the Bowl. Thank Neil O'donell for the outcome. Then finally in 06, 26 years latert hey got the one for the thumb. So enjoy the drive for number 6. The moments are short but the memories are lasting.

GO STEELERS :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Stlrs4Life
01-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Exactly 58. No exactly what you are saying.

steelpride12
01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Man i feel you! Im only 17 been a Steeler fan since I was six, and to think Ive seen them already win one superbowl and their going to another. Some fans never even see them win a SB in their lifetime and were going to my second one already. Wouldn't matter I love my Steelers and will for a long long time forever! GO STEELERS!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 09:05 PM
I've been a Steeler fan since I was born.

SteelCityKing
01-22-2009, 09:09 PM
i'm 26 and i've been a Steeler fan all of my l ife. when i was younger i never appreciated them much as i followed other teams and other players. for a few years i never watched a game because i was playing high school basketball and the NBA was my cup of tea.

NOW, after the 95 fiasco and the 05 win...i have nothing but love for Steeler fans and the organization. being a fan and spending time with fans is like an unspoken bond and a brotherhood only a few can really share.

just knowing that there are fans out there who've loved the team since day one, like you, reminds me of why we love football to beging with. it doesn't define who we are, but it reminds us to have faith in things you can't control every so often. for the love of the game and the love of your fellow man, woman, and fan.

thank you for that post. it made me even more excited for the 1st of February. =)

CaliStillersFan
01-22-2009, 09:09 PM
This is when working from home sucks, these 2 weeks can't possibly move any slower, I need a change of scenery to help time move faster. January must end now!!! The excitement is what I'll feel after we win, right now the anxiety is killing me :)

stlrz fan
01-22-2009, 09:43 PM
We are very lucky to be a part of this and cheer for the greatest franchise in all of sports. I was in 5th grade in '81 and remember "one for the thumb" all over the walls of my elementary school. It was a long road between trip to the SB and even longer to have a succesful return trip I appreciate every minute of this. You have to have a little bit of respect for the REAL Arizona fans who cheer them on every year only to be disappointed over and over again. Not that I am wishing them any success next Sunday!!!

KeiselPower99
01-22-2009, 09:45 PM
If we win and have 2 in 4 years itll be this generations version of the 70's. Im totally excited about being a Steeler fan anyway but right now with all the focus on us its gonna be awhile before it gets old.

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 09:55 PM
This is when working from home sucks, these 2 weeks can't possibly move any slower, I need a change of scenery to help time move faster. January must end now!!! The excitement is what I'll feel after we win, right now the anxiety is killing me :)

Im hoping the Pep Rally Tommorow will hold me over till the Super Bowl.
I dont know how im gonna sleep saturday. A lot of whiskey.

AllD
01-23-2009, 06:50 PM
I remember watching my first SB, IX and was the only Steeler fan in a crowd of Dolphin fans. Those fin fans surely thought Minnesota was going to win because the Steelers were under the radar for so long.

Not to draw any comparisons to the Cards, who did not build their team, but we have a destiny. And winning the Superbowl is a part of it.

redst3
01-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Burghfan, I am old school too!!!! You are right, this one would be especially sweet. It would give the Steelers more SB wins than any other NFL franchise

GutterflowerSteel
01-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Just knowing that our beloved Steelers are going to the Super Bowl again gives every day an undercurrent of anticipation and excitement. This whole season has been a helluva ride ... following every game - anguishing over every loss - thrilling with each victory that brought us closer to the Holiest of NFL Grails - next Sunday will be the culmination, and I'm just effin' STOKED beyond belief that we made it! A win will give this franchise a piece of history - the FIRST to SIX!! :tt02:

...and I've gotta say that, living here in MD amongst the Raisins fans ... heh heh heh It gives me great pleasure that the Steelers beat them into submission 3 times to get to Tampa!! :drink:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/7423/afcchampstroynickeason0tk1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)