PDA

View Full Version : Warner / Fitz Media Hype

JPSEMP
01-22-2009, 06:20 PM
If the Steelers were to buy into all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network concerning Kurt and Fitz, they would probably just stay in town Super Bowl Sunday and send Goddall an e-mail stating thier intent to forfeit the game. Kurt who can stand in the path of a panzer attack and throw up jump balls anywhere where on the field knowing that his superhuman reciever will leap across all obstacles and grab, which when in the air is only his, the ball and without doubt score. The Cards 9-7 regular season doesn't matter this team is hot and this qb receiver combo is with out a doubt the very best. The Steelers played solid defense this year although they are vulnerable in coverage. Let me provide you with some quick stats from other red-hot passing attacks that have faced this vulnerable Steeler pass defense. Stats provided are from the opponents 2 previous games and the game with Pittsburgh.

Philadelphia

21/33 361yds 3 tds 0 ints 38 pts
25/37 281yds 1 td 0 ints 37pts
24/35 196yds 1td 1ints 15pts

San Deigo

25/40 341yds 3tds 1ints 32pts
27/36 316yds 2tds 2ints 20pts
15/26 164yds 0tds 2ints 10pts

Dallas

22/39 341yds 3tds 0ints 35pts
22/34 331yds 3tds 1ints 34pts
19/36 210yds 1td 3ints 13pts

New England

30/51 400yds 3tds 0ints 31pts
30/43 415yds 3tds 1ints 48pts
19/39 169yds 0tds 2ints 10pts

As in any endeavor there could be a loss but past performance is indicative of a future success.

SC Steeler Steve
01-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Let em hate. That makes it better, all the hatin won't buy them what they want.

fansince'76
01-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah, but we haven't faced the best passing attack in the history of the known un-ee-verse yet. :coffee:

steelreserve
01-22-2009, 06:35 PM
People are acting like this is the first good receiver we've faced all year. How'd Randy Moss do against us again?

Listen, Fitzgerald is going to be tough to cover, but short of him having 5 TD catches or something, there's a lot more to the game than that.

BIGIRON98
01-22-2009, 06:50 PM
It all comes down to pressure on Warner. Dont give him time

82CardsGrad
01-22-2009, 07:01 PM
It all comes down to pressure on Warner. Dont give him time

Winner winner...

:thumbsup:

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Pressure? I'd rather play cover... Send minimal blitz's (of course Disguised). Just use our D-Line and maybe another guy to give pocket pressure, but keep warner in, attempted to collapse it with the minimal rush - but just play cover. Take the big plays away and make them work for their yardage

lilyoder6
01-22-2009, 09:11 PM
i think it will be hard to cover there wr's.. yes we played against the likes of moss and owens.. and the duo of tj and 85.. hopefully the way we handle the bengals duo we can do the same against the cards duo

Nighthawk
01-23-2009, 12:30 AM
i think it will be hard to cover there wr's.. yes we played against the likes of moss and owens.. and the duo of tj and 85.. hopefully the way we handle the bengals duo we can do the same against the cards duo

I think it's a mistake to call it the Card's duo, should be the Card's TRIO. Breaston is a speedy slasher, and should be accounted for - but maybe the fear of Ryan Clark will be enough to slow his roll

Stevo
01-23-2009, 08:39 AM
I love me some Fitz. Classy guy, great receiver, and an easy media darling. Arizona is very warm and fuzzy. But...

The Steelers secondary has faced nearly every top name, top ranked receiver in the NFL, as well as QB's with the most yards and varied styles. They faced 5 of the top ten QBs and beat 4 of them. Only Peyton won against Pittsburgh and everyone that watched that game (sorry Ben), knows it wasnt the because of the Steelers defense.

I think the story should be... the Cardinals wondering if they can pass on the Steelers, not the other way around.

Potsie
01-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Honestly, the media has spent more time focusing on AZ as the "under dog" and getting "no respect" than they have on anything else. I don't buy into that at all. Both teams won their respective championships, and both teams deserve to be on the field next Sunday.

The_WARDen
01-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Honestly, the media has spent more time focusing on AZ as the "under dog" and getting "no respect" than they have on anything else. I don't buy into that at all. Both teams won their respective championships, and both teams deserve to be on the field next Sunday.

That and did you know that Wisenhunt coached for the Steelers at one point?

revefsreleets
01-23-2009, 11:48 AM
What do you expect them to do? They need compelling storylines to make up for the deficiency of Cardinals fans. Christ, the NFL had to extend the blackout deadline or the local fans wouldn't have even been able to watch the game on television!

So they have like 3 angles to work here, and they will work the Hell out of them. Gotta keep the ratings for the big game up!

HometownGal
01-23-2009, 11:55 AM
As others have stated, the Steelers D has had to cover some pretty good receivers in both the regular season and the playoffs and have bascially silenced them. If one of our defenders doesn't get you, another one will.

Let Fitz, Boldon and Breaston have a few 5-10 yarders but don't give up the deep ball to give them momentum. Make Fitz hear those footsteps early and often and watch him turtle.

AllD
01-23-2009, 04:31 PM
The NFL has to sell the game because the Cards are no "Ratings Cinderella". If our game plan goes well, expect underdog lovers and the half dozen true Card fans to be tuning out in the 3rd quarter. Of course, Steeler Nation will be glued to the TV during the ceremony and looking for interviews and highlights.

GodofGridiron
01-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Steelers will likely play em like we play NE.....incorporate a similar scheme.........they made Cassel look absolutely mortal.....limited them to no points after the half.

Preacher
01-23-2009, 04:55 PM
As others have stated, the Steelers D has had to cover some pretty good receivers in both the regular season and the playoffs and have bascially silenced them. If one of our defenders doesn't get you, another one will.

Let Fitz, Boldon and Breaston have a few 5-10 yarders but don't give up the deep ball to give them momentum. Make Fitz hear those footsteps early and often and watch him turtle.

I agree about early and often, but Fitz doesn't seem like the WR to turtle. Honestly, he seems like he was born to wear the B & G uni.

However, maybe we can get him 2nd guessing a few of those passes.

AllD
01-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Wait until Ryan Clark starts a body count and the WRs will have no hands.

PoundinSteel
01-23-2009, 06:57 PM
UMMMMMM........psst.........the Cards can throw on anybody when Warner gets time. The Steelers have to get in his face and hit him often.

82CardsGrad
01-23-2009, 07:04 PM
UMMMMMM........psst.........the Cards can throw on anybody when Warner gets time. The Steelers have to get in his face and hit him often.

Another winner... I think I've seen two members here now state this as the key, and both of you are spot on! If by chance Warner has time or is somehow making solid/correct pre-snap reads, he will find our WR's and they will do some damage...

But, if Kurt is being pressured, forced to hold onto the ball and scramble, well.... GAME OVER...

:sweating: