PDA

View Full Version : Lets Dominate the Run Game and forget about everything else.

TheSteelCurtain
01-22-2009, 10:09 PM
If we dominate the line of scrimmage and possesion like we Can do and did against San Diego with the run game eveything else will fall in place.

Lets pound the ball at them with a steady dose of willie and mewelde and some screen passes and we dont have to worry about fitzgerald, or warner, or highflower.

The entire NFL has ran all over this defenese now it is our turn.

Kvnfaber
01-22-2009, 11:53 PM
If we dominate the line of scrimmage and possesion like we Can do and did against San Diego with the run game eveything else will fall in place.

Lets pound the ball at them with a steady dose of willie and mewelde and some screen passes and we dont have to worry about fitzgerald, or warner, or highflower.

The entire NFL has ran all over this defenese now it is our turn.

I really hope this is the case, but their run defense has been excellent in the playoffs. They have shut down two of the best rushing offenses (Atlanta and Carolina).

Hopefully Willie can bust a long one and really open things up.

CaliStillersFan
01-23-2009, 12:03 AM
I agree Kvnfaber but those teams were playing from behind and were forced to abandon their running games for most of those games. I think we will be productive on the ground. To help take some pressure off our defense we definitely need to control the clock and we all know that when we control the running game, we own the clock and the game.

TheSteelCurtain
01-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Atlanta and Carolina also fell behind and had to start tossing it around pretty early.

I hear so much about Ike vs Fitz, Warner vs Blitz, Heath vs LB....and all of that will play a factor im not saying that. But if we are successfull in the ground game its gonna be a long day for the redbirds.

markymarc
01-23-2009, 07:38 AM
I do agree that this is one of the best ways to slow down the Cardinals offense is winning the T.O.P. battle. Hopefully Arians will let FWP, Moore and Russell attack the Cardinals defense and please for the love of god let FWP run outside the tackles more.

Stlrs4Life
01-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Exactly, it is time to bring back the I formation again like we did in SD. We used it in Baltimore, but not enough.

SteelStang
01-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Totally agree. With the two weeks to prepare, I feel confident that making the commitment to pound the ball early and often will be #1 in Tomlin's mind. Even though we did not run for many yards last week, the fact that BA was willing to keep running was enough for me. I think just the possibility of the run was enough to keep the Ravens from playing pass all the time. Perhaps most importantly, controlling the clock will keep the AZ offense off the field.

Kvnfaber
01-23-2009, 11:06 AM
After looking closer at the previous NFC playoff games, you guys are right. Carolina averaged about 5 yards a pop but Williams only had 12 rushes due to the score.

Impressively though, Turner from Atlanta was held just over 2 yards a rush, with 18 attempts.

I would like to think that they will have to account more for our passing game than Atlanta's though, which will open up some holes for Willie.

Over all, if Willie is having a good game, we will be close impossible to stop, thanks to that meaning that we will control the clock and take some pressure of of Ben. Hopefully Arians realizes this and utilizes the I formation. Also, I agree about running Willie outside--PLEASE DO SO ARIANS, we need to stretch the field a little and keep them guessing!

TheSteelCurtain
01-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Dear god please let Willie Colon have a career day. If he does i will never call Willie a dumbass or Try to have sex in Erotica's champagne room again.