PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Fan Since 1971

ifireun
01-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Grew up south of Detroit, in Canada. Nicknamed "Steeler" :helmet: because it is an anagram of my name. And because of the old blackout rules, Steelers games from Three Rivers were always on the tube Sunday afternoons. As a Michigan Wolverines fan, I could never be a fan of any team from Ohio, so the natural, intelligent choice was to be a Steelers fan!

Watched every Steeler game and Super Bowl, with the original Curtain, TB, Swann, Stallworth, Franco, Mean Joe, Lambert, the Bus etc. Have owned-shown-flown-worn Steelers swag for more than 30 years.

Finally, a good friend of mine who hails from Pittsburgh, told me about this site. Damn proud to be a new member of this group!!! :salute:

Eh, I plan to travel to Pittsburgh to be at a game at Heinz Field next season, recession or not! :tt02:

AllD
01-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Our Canadian cousins are definitely cool when it comes to watching the Steelers. Especially good on 118.8, eh.

HometownGal
01-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Hiya ifireun and welcome to the #1 Steelers fan site anywhere! :wave::tt03::tt02: Glad to have you as a part of our black 'n gold family! :drink:

I'm Canadian by birth - good to see our friends from the North representing our boyz! :applaudit::hatsoff:

GO STEELERS!!! :tt:

SteelersMongol
01-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Welcome & enjoy.

Moonlite37
01-24-2009, 01:17 AM
All hail to you Steeler Fan!:tt02:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWTSi9OB7Fo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWTSi9OB7Fo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Galax Steeler
01-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Welcome to the board.

Jerome
01-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Welcome. I too became a Steelers fan in 1971. Can you name any event in that year that won you over? I can name the game. It was against the Ban-Gals. Bradshaw got hurt. The "D" stepped up to the occasion and SHUT DOWN an "unstoppable" offense. That was the clincher for me. They tried to run. No gain. They tried to pass. Incomplete. Terry Hanradi (sp) stepped in and threw some bombs for TD's. We came from behind to win! I knew they were headed toward something great at that time.

(Don't those thoughts stir something inside of you?)

ifireun
01-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Welcome. I too became a Steelers fan in 1971. Can you name any event in that year that won you over?
(Don't those thoughts stir something inside of you?)

Yep, it was TB's first year as a starter, and he was still learning the pro game. It was that 21-17 comeback win over the Chargers at Three Rivers, and it was the regional AFC broadcast game on NBC.

The Steelers were behind in the 4th quarter and TB made a plucky 5 yard run for the winning touchdown. I sensed the pride and never quit attitude in the team, and a year later, the immaculate reception, and the rest is history.

That's what I like about the Steelers, never quit, never stray, just old fashioned get it done football. :tt:

And thanks and hello to everyone! Ring #6, here we come!