PDA

View Full Version : First Overall Draft Pick Mess

Brady12
12-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Alright, I'm gonna breakdown who would get the 1st Round Pick if Houston wins this week.

If Houston loses to San Francisco, it is simple... Houston gets the 1st Overall Pick

If Houston wins vs San Fran, and:

New Orleans loses to Tampa Bay
Green Bay loses to Seattle
New York Jets lose to Buffalo THEN

It goes by Strength of schedule... Heres who the 5 teams played.

Houston - @ BUF, vs PIT, BYE, @ CIN, vs TEN, @ SEA, vs IND, vs CLE, @ JAC, @ IND, vs KC, vs STL, @ BAL, @ TEN, vs ARI, vs JAC, @ SF (Strength of Schedule score: .556)

San Fran - vs STL, @ PHI, vs DAL, vs ARI (Mexico), vs IND, BYE, @ WAS, vs TB, vs NYG, @ CHI, vs SEA, @ TEN, vs ARI, @ SEA, @ JAC, @ STL, vs HOU (Strength of Schedule score: .573)

New Orleans - @ CAR, vs NYG, @ MIN, vs BUF, @ GB, vs ATL, @ STL, vs MIA, vs CHI, BYE, @ NE, @ NYJ, vs TB, @ ATL, vs CAR, vs DET, @ TB (Strength of Schedule score: .507)

Green Bay - @ DET, vs CLE, vs TB, @ CAR, vs NO, BYE, @ MIN, @ CIN, vs PIT, @ ATL, vs MIN, @ PHI, @ CHI, vs DET, @ BAL, vs CHI, vs SEA (Strength of Schedule score: .520)

N.Y. Jets - @ KC, vs MIA, vs JAC, @ BAL, vs TB, @ BUF, @ ATL, BYE, vs SD, @ CAR, @ DEN, vs NO, @ NE, vs OAK, @ MIA, vs NE, vs BUF (Strength of Schedule score: .547)

So It would look like this, if Houston wins...
1. San Francisco
2. Houston
3. New York Jets
4. Green Bay
5. New Orleans

And like this is Houston loses...
1. Houston
2. New York Jets
3. Green Bay
4. New Orleans

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 02:04 PM
jets are sitting pretty to draft m. leinart

Suitanim
12-28-2005, 02:39 PM
One of these teams (can't remember if it was SF or Houston) said they were going to trade #1 for more picks so they could draft more OLineman...

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Houston will win the game this weekend its the Coaches way of saying, " thanks for firing me!

Koopa
12-28-2005, 02:51 PM
if san fran gets the number one overall pick, reggie will playing behind his high school teammate alex smith.

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 02:58 PM
One of these teams (can't remember if it was SF or Houston) said they were going to trade #1 for more picks so they could draft more OLineman... i heard this about houston a few weeks ago. but theres talk now that bush is a 1 in a lifetime player and any of the 32 teams would be stupid to pass on him. (i would say san diego could afford to pass)

Koopa
12-28-2005, 03:20 PM
and they'd be stupid to trade for more draft picks. i've talked a lot of shit about bush in the past but that's just me being bias, i think he'll be a very good player and he'll make life easier for carr if they get him. you can always stock up on good career starting olinemen late in the draft and through FAs

Brady12
12-28-2005, 05:17 PM
The question I have, is will Bush be good behind a crap o-line? Not sure about USC's because I don't follow college a WHOLE LOT, but thats my question i'd like answered.

Koopa
12-28-2005, 05:20 PM
i doubt he'll be what he is in college, but he can still have an impact on games with a shit oline cause he's so damn quick, and has some power to break out of tackles if he needs to

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 05:42 PM
The question I have, is will Bush be good behind a crap o-line? Not sure about USC's because I don't follow college a WHOLE LOT, but thats my question i'd like answered.there were alot of tomlinson doubters because he went to tcu which at the time was in the w.a.c. conference and san diegos line sucked. infact even last year people were expecting l.t. to have a dropoff cause of how poor their line was the year before when they wound up with the #1 pick. all those doubters have been proven wrong over the course of his career. there seems to be less doubt about bush's prospects, in fact he seems to be hyped like barry sanders was going pro.

Suitanim
12-29-2005, 09:55 AM
I think Houston would be better served by trading for another first and a third rd pick, and taking OL with their 1st couple picks. Domanick Davis could be a really good pro RB with a decent line in front of him.