PDA

View Full Version : Inauguration Pictures...

revefsreleets
01-23-2009, 10:15 AM
There are a TON of pictures here, and some will be more interesting to some than to others, but I was flabbergasted by the opening aerial shots which depict the enormity of the crowds. The people literally look like ants swarming, and I think it truly gives an accurate depiction of what "millions" really means.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/01/the_inauguration_of_president.html

http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/44_01_21/4403_17681689.jpg

atlsteelers
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
they really do look like ants. great photo

Dino 6 Rings
01-23-2009, 01:16 PM
On the day after America’s biggest yard party, it was all about the monumental cleanup.

The city’s trash trucks have already hauled away 90 tons of inaugural garbage with at least 40 more tons left to go, said Mafara Hobson, spokeswoman for D.C. Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D).

“People left behind a lot of trash. A lot of it was the vendors along the parade route, too,” Hobson said. “They left behind Obama hats, Obama bags, Obama socks.”

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/inauguration-watch/2009/01/inauguration_cleanup_effort_un.html?hpid=topnews

kittenfantastico76
01-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow - it does look like a DC ant farm!!! I'm sad/disappointed to hear about all the trash, that sucks! So much for "cleaning up the planet".

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Wow - it does look like a DC ant farm!!! I'm sad/disappointed to hear about all the trash, that sucks! So much for "cleaning up the planet".probably 20 tons of trash was already preent Before the innaguration.... i spent 4 yrs in DC, and i'd have to say it was the filthiest city i've ever been too. :puke:

kittenfantastico76
01-23-2009, 04:21 PM
probably 20 tons of trash was already preent Before the innaguration.... i spent 4 yrs in DC, and i'd have to say it was the filthiest city i've ever been too. :puke:

Yes.. it definitely is. I used to live in Gaithersburg, MD and Mt. Airy, MD - I've been there plenty... most recently a few years ago - only I didn't leave the MALL area - I took my boyfriend to the museums for the day... not the nicest or cleanest place I must say... I can't believe I used to go club hopping there all the time... Once I got older I got lazy/wise and stuck to Baltimore and Frederick for my nights out!

Borski
01-23-2009, 05:00 PM
probably 20 tons of trash was already preent Before the innaguration.... i spent 4 yrs in DC, and i'd have to say it was the filthiest city i've ever been too. :puke:

I've been to DC many times and I'd have to say the dirtiest city I've visited was Philly, when I visted there it was much worse then the times I've been to DC.

GutterflowerSteel
01-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Yes.. it definitely is. I used to live in Gaithersburg, MD and Mt. Airy, MD - I've been there plenty... most recently a few years ago - only I didn't leave the MALL area - I took my boyfriend to the museums for the day... not the nicest or cleanest place I must say... I can't believe I used to go club hopping there all the time... Once I got older I got lazy/wise and stuck to Baltimore and Frederick for my nights out!
DITTO - except I never lived in G'burg - just worked there :thumbsup:
I only go to DC now to check out the museums or the occasional concert at 9:30 Club or Verizon Center.

CaliStillersFan
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Sounds like DC needed to contract the prisoners that clean up after Mardi Gras parades. They would have had 140 tons of trash gone in hours. Those guys are amazing!!!

kittenfantastico76
01-23-2009, 09:43 PM
DITTO - except I never lived in G'burg - just worked there :thumbsup:
I only go to DC now to check out the museums or the occasional concert at 9:30 Club or Verizon Center.

Seriously I miss the 9:30 Club SO much it hurts!!! I loved that place! :thumbsup:

Preacher
01-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds like DC needed to contract the prisoners that clean up after Mardi Gras parades. They would have had 140 tons of trash gone in hours. Those guys are amazing!!!

:chuckle:

Bring back the chain gangs!!

Godfather
01-23-2009, 10:37 PM

You beat me to it. Large crowds always leave a mess. NOLA has traditionally used the total weight of the trash as a measure of how well Mardi Gras did.

tony hipchest
01-26-2009, 11:44 PM
awesome photos. the tight shot of obama and his wife walking down the middle of the parade route was especially telling for me. talk about a picture being worth a hunnerd 1000 words...

the ariel shots of all the landmarks were cool too.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/taint.gif