PDA

View Full Version : To many Pro-Bowlers????

clevestinks
02-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Its great to have pro-bowlers. But do the all pros expect more money? Of course. New England loves having alot of above average players who play well together. Don`t get me wrong I was glad to see Aaron Smith and Marvel Smith, get the credit they deserve, I just hope having so many great players doesn`t break they bank eventually. Not to mention when they become free agents, and other teams raise the prices going after your all pros. And as Steelers fans we know that we don`t like to pay alot.
Just something to think about.

ironcitychef
02-18-2005, 11:31 AM
One..too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. Having too many pro bowlers is always a good thing. To start, both Smiths are under contract through at least 2007 so money doesnt change except for bonuses, so they can't really hold us for ransom. Plus it will either help us keep them(could bettis be a pro bowler on any other team?) or up players interest in our team(if I was on OL guy I would want to play for PIT or if I was a LB. I think it is like home field advantage. Yeah we have not taken advantage of it, but you always want it.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-18-2005, 06:28 PM
The more pro bowlers we have the better..just means that C&C (cower & colbert) are doing their job..and that whisenhunt and lebeau are coaching their assess off !!

clevestinks
02-18-2005, 10:00 PM
didn`t want to make it sound like I don`t want pro bowlers, And all our guys deserve it, just want to keep them all. And I know it gets to be big$$$$

ironcitychef
02-20-2005, 09:39 AM
But I think it is the system that produces the pros not the other way. Chad Brown left, Bruener left, countless others who did well here left to find the pasture isnt always green on the other side. So then it is good because we can not over pay for people who will become pro bowlers.

clevestinks
02-21-2005, 04:40 PM
ironcitychief, good point, kinda reminds you of Penn State. running backs do great in their system, but no where else