PDA

View Full Version : ravens owner "billick to stay"

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9120286

just think if they were smart enough 4 years ago to keep m. lewis and cut ties with billick.

remember when billick pissed of cowher by calling him "cowher"? lmao! bill cowher reprimanded him via the media. classic moment between the 2 coaches. hes been pretty respectful of the steelers coach ever since.

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 01:50 PM
I have to respect the Ravens front office a little here. I`m all for loyalty, whether it be by the players or management!

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 01:54 PM
i hate to say it cleve... but i gotta agree, as much as i think billick is kind of a dick and doesnt bring much to the table. i do like ozzie newsome though. he says hands down the steel curtain was the best defense ever. this from the guy who played against the 85 bears and assembled the 2000 ravens.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-28-2005, 02:25 PM
I like Newsome,but after the Rats stink it up next year,I think they gotta let Billick go then.Thier SB was thanks to Marvin Lewis,in spite of Billick as the HC.

Ambridge
12-28-2005, 03:24 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9120286
remember when billick pissed of cowher by calling him "cowher"? lmao! bill cowher reprimanded him via the media. classic moment between the 2 coaches. hes been pretty respectful of the steelers coach ever since.

You sure that wasn't Butch Davis who called Cowher by his last name in a press conference and Bill Cowher later let Davis have it in his own PC??

Anyway! I guess the Kyle Boller experiment will continue in Baltimore for another season and if things don't change for the Rats next year I can see Billick getting run out of "Charm City" before the end of '06 season (ala Frankenstein) with a mass mob armed with clubs and torches trying to catch him so they can tear him into little pieces.

Brady12
12-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Very smart move by Baltimore, and I bet Kyle Boller is psyched, seeing how no matter how crappy he does, Billick sticks with him.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Billick is an complete ass and nothing but a rat fink jack off just like his team. Im glad they brought him back so they can roast him even more when try to overpay jamal lewis and wonder why in the hell Boller is still a starter in this league next year.

Brady12
12-28-2005, 04:19 PM
*Looks down at Blitzburgh's mood, noticing it doesn't say psychedelic*

*Looks back to the screen, with a puzzled face on*

How old is Billick?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Nah Im generally cool, although feeling alittle sick today so I'll change that mood..LOL..but talking about billick and the ratbirds always gets me fired up.!!!!

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 04:36 PM
You sure that wasn't Butch Davis who called Cowher by his last name in a press conference and Bill Cowher later let Davis have it in his own PC??

Anyway! I guess the Kyle Boller experiment will continue in Baltimore for another season and if things don't change for the Rats next year I can see Billick getting run out of "Charm City" before the end of '06 season (ala Frankenstein) with a mass mob armed with clubs and torches trying to catch him so they can tear him into little pieces. i always thought it was billick but now that you mention it i do remember cowher having some beef with butch too. you may be right. maybe im thinking of billick insinuating that pittsburgh was the ravens house.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 05:14 PM
This entire organization is completely dumfounded if they think just becuz Boller has had a couple good games in garbage time that he is now the answer when he wasnt the answer the last few years when it counted..

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Can Baltimore get any dumber. He got you a ring but things have been MASS CHAOS for the Ratbirds. Never will they see the precious lombardi trophy

Koopa
12-28-2005, 09:30 PM
i guess it's good that they are being loyal, but i think it's time to part ways with him, he ain't done shit since they won the superbowl, and his team ain't responding to him. but i'm sure if they miss out on the playoffs again next year (which they will) he'll be fired

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Now wait just a minute...Billick is a great coach...I mean did you see the last two games the Ravens played?

Just joking guys, I can make an argument for Kyle Boller...but even I can't find any good in Billick.

Koopa
12-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Now wait just a minute...Billick is a great coach...I mean did you see the last two games the Ravens played?

Just joking guys, I can make an argument for Kyle Boller...but even I can't find any good in Billick.

lol, i was begining to think that CantStop85 means can't stop derrick mason the way you've been backing the ravens lol

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 11:26 PM
They reported on NFL NEtwork that even though Boller is playing better, the Ravens still will go after a veteran back up. Can you see them picking up Maddox? I can. The tried Kordell, St.Pierre, Wright, they think that helps them against us!

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 11:34 PM
They reported on NFL NEtwork that even though Boller is playing better, the Ravens still will go after a veteran back up. Can you see them picking up Maddox? I can. The tried Kordell, St.Pierre, Wright, they think that helps them against us!
If they go after Kitna, I might just vomit.

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Attention Baltimore Ravens Management. You just forfeited your 2006 season. Billick needs to go if you want to be a competitor. But yet I could take beating a pathetic team twice next year against a team with a bad coach.

SteelerzGirl
12-29-2005, 07:46 PM

Well Maddox sure as hell won't help them against us...(lol). Stick a fork in Maddox, he's done. :grin:

Prosdo
12-29-2005, 11:17 PM
I really never cared for Billick. On the Maddox thing why not they usually do sign our scraps lol

Ambridge
12-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Can Baltimore get any dumber. He got you a ring but things have been MASS CHAOS for the Ratbirds. Never will they see the precious lombardi trophy

As another season goes by in the NFL and Baltimore has a sour season the more it really makes there Superbowl win in 2000 look like a complete and utter fluke.

Shame on Billick for dipping once too many into the well of "Win with a strong defense while having a caretaker at best playing Quarterback".

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2005, 08:30 AM
That's just a sign of a Billick Mistake. Billick Not only needs the Defense also he needs Offense and Special Teams. All 3 Help Win Championships.

Livinginthe past
12-30-2005, 08:44 AM
The funny thing is - Billicks background is offense.

He was the O.C for the Vikings when they set a record for most points scored in a season in 1998.

It seems weird that he has over compensated so much by putting all his faith into building a D unit.

NM

tony hipchest
12-30-2005, 09:16 AM
he deserves as much credit for that superbowl as barry switzer does his. billick just caught lightning in a bottle with marv lewis, ray lewis and rod woodson. i dont know if it was he who overcompensated or the front office around him. i give all the credit to marvin lewis and of course rod woodson who made 3 different teams superbowl contenders.

clevestinks
12-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Speaking of Ray " The criminal" Lewis, he on the downslide now, wonder how much longer he will try and play. He made me want to puke all last offseason, with his talk of winning the league MVP, what a self centered ^%(%

Ambridge
12-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Speaking of Ray " The criminal" Lewis, he on the downslide now, wonder how much longer he will try and play. He made me want to puke all last offseason, with his talk of winning the league MVP, what a self centered ^%(%

There was a discussion about "Killer" Ray on Sirius NFL Radio on Wednesday and it was reported that Ray is seeking another new deal with the Ravens for a ridiculous amount of pay increase(even though he just got a new contract a couple of seasons ago) and it was also mentioned that him and Billick haven't been getting along and that Ray refuses to talk to him about any matters pertaining to football or otherwise.

It sounds like Ray might be out of Baltimore next year.

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2005, 08:00 PM
The funny thing is - Billicks background is offense.

He was the O.C for the Vikings when they set a record for most points scored in a season in 1998.

It seems weird that he has over compensated so much by putting all his faith into building a D unit.

NM

Too Bad The Vikings Season went down like ours did last year. Loss in the Conference Championship Game.