PDA

View Full Version : The Cards have a wild card...

Stu Pidasso
01-23-2009, 05:18 PM
The Cards have a "wild card" I haven't seen mentioned yet. Sure everyone says Wiz and Grimm "know" the Steelers style and that could work against us, but no one has mentioned another:

Brian St. Pierre.

He KNOWS OUR PLAYBOOK from this year. Is anyone else worried about this?

tyler289
01-23-2009, 05:27 PM
No. It's not like he can predict the future.

GodofGridiron
01-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Familiarity didnt work very often for Mangini vs New England.........didnt work for Crennel vs New England

Steelers
01-23-2009, 05:57 PM
In these extenuating circumstances, and with the 2 week break, I'd think that Tomlin & Co. would design a special Super Bowl XLIII Playbook for their eyes and for this game only.

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2009, 05:57 PM
And Dick Lebeau knows some of the hings Whiz likes to do. I highly doubt that Whisenhunt can outsmart Dick Lebeau....

what he said...

tony hipchest
01-23-2009, 06:02 PM
i think ken wiz is the wild card. we were lucky to get tomlin, but woulda been fortunate if we were "stuck" with wiz.

HometownGal
01-23-2009, 06:06 PM
And Dick Lebeau knows some of the hings Whiz likes to do. I highly doubt that Whisenhunt can outsmart Dick Lebeau....

Exactly. I also agree with Steelers post above - Arians, Lebeau and Tomlin have been busy and will be busy in their labs mixing up new plays and defensive schemes for the big game. On the other side of the coin, I'm sure Wiz and Grimm are doing the same, as both teams' coaches know each other's "styles". I think we're going to see a lot of brand new stuff on both sides, but I believe Papa Lebeau can and will outsmart Wiz.

BlastFurnace
01-23-2009, 06:39 PM
The Cards have a "wild card" I haven't seen mentioned yet. Sure everyone says Wiz and Grimm "know" the Steelers style and that could work against us, but no one has mentioned another:

Brian St. Pierre.

He KNOWS OUR PLAYBOOK from this year. Is anyone else worried about this?

Baltimore knows us inside and out as well.

It's about execution guys. If they don't execute, it doesn't matter if we telegraph every play. They won't beat us.

PoundinSteel
01-23-2009, 06:45 PM
It's about execution guys. If they don't execute, it doesn't matter if we telegraph every play. They won't beat us.

Yep, one of the greatest feeling on the football field is when they know you are going to run and can't stop you.

Fire Haley
01-23-2009, 07:26 PM
i think ken wiz is the wild card. we were lucky to get tomlin, but woulda been fortunate if we were "stuck" with wiz.

That's what all the bitter:tt03: crackers say.

tony hipchest
01-23-2009, 07:52 PM
That's what all the bitter:tt03: crackers say.is it?

well let me rephrase that for you then...

even though we were better off to get tomlin, we would be just as fortunate if we were "stuck" with wiz.

this is in an era where the average coach only lasts 3 years on the job, and on a day when the record setting 11th coach was let go in a single season.

you see, the steelers let a sb winning HOF coach walk out the door, and let an assistant who has since proven he is sb worthy follow. they took a chance on the youngest man ever to coach his team to the bowl.

color and race aside, all 3 were quality. :coffee:

about 31 other owners wish they had the rooney magic and ensuing options at their disposal.

CPanther95
01-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Sounds French.

Not worried.

Stlrs4Life
01-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Baltimore knows us inside and out as well.

Exactly.......................

Fire Haley
01-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I find all these "concern" threads concerning

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Maybe the Cardinals should start him instead of Kurt Warner. :flap: