PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Steeler Fan

dmnautica1
01-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey whats up Alabama Steeler fans! My name is Drew, I recently moved here from Pittsburgh. I live off of 280. I am so pumped in meeting true steelers fans around here, so sick of this war eagle/ nick sabon the next god bs. Where can we go to watch the superbowl and enjoy it. I tried going to Indego Joes I was told others like us would be there, but no success. Ive just been watching them at my house waving my terrible towel. Please help!

kittenfantastico76
01-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey whats up Alabama Steeler fans! My name is Drew, I recently moved here from Pittsburgh. I live off of 280. I am so pumped in meeting true steelers fans around here, so sick of this war eagle/ nick sabon the next god bs. Where can we go to watch the superbowl and enjoy it. I tried going to Indego Joes I was told others like us would be there, but no success. Ive just been watching them at my house waving my terrible towel. Please help!

What part of AL are you in (I'm horrible with Routes so 280 doesn't help me much). We are probably staying in that day, hanging at our home but depending on where you are I might be able to suggest some places to hit up for the game!

"Welcome to Alabama"... I've been here about 4 years now, I'm a transplant from Maryland. I figured rather than fight the college football thing it was easier to choose a side... SO ROLL TIDE and COACH S is GAWD!!! :wink: I've had a hard time getting friends into pro-ball... they are all about college here and with good reason with no pro-team in state...

kittenfantastico76
01-23-2009, 10:06 PM
This MAY help but I would call these bars before hand if any of them are close to you before game day to see if they are infact a STEELERS BAR... (I found a list of AL based bars, I think - you'll have to PM me for info, it won't let me link the website on here).

As second one I found was listed as the STEELERS MAIN MEETING PLACE in Alabama a Buffalo Wild Wings in Hoover, AL (not sure if that is close to you but check out the link below).

http://bhamsteelers.com/1.html

GOOD LUCK!!! We are not as few and far between as we seem here in Alabama... I found that out in the past 2 years of me living here.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Yeah Buffalo Wilds Wings is probably your best choice in the area.

dmnautica1
01-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Double yoi! Thank yins so much! Only 10 minutes from where I live, so I will be there for Superbowl 43. Here we go Steelers here we go Pittsburghs going to the Superbowl here we go!

PS. In the birmingham area 280 is busy route perpendicular to 17, 19 , and 459.

kittenfantastico76
01-28-2009, 12:33 AM
THAT would be why I'm not that familiar... I don't go to Birmingham a lot (I'm not a huge fan, but to be fair I don't go there enough to pass judgement). ENJOY THE SUPER BOWL!!!