PDA

View Full Version : All this talk about the Cardinal's "D"...

NEPAsteeler
01-23-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm sitting here watching the NFL Network's Playbook segment. They're talking about the Card's "D", and right now, DRC specifically. They were also mentioning how much of an age difference there is between Kurt Warner and Ben and that the older QB usually wins the Super Bowl.

Ok.. now on to my rant...
You mean to tell me that Arizona's defense can really rattle Ben THAT much that we're gonna lose the game? What about OUR defense? You know... the #1 defense in the NFL?

Sorry... this just kind of ticked me off. I needed to get it off my chest. Oh, and if this belongs somewhere else, please feel free to move it accordingly.

HometownGal
01-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Right now, the Cards are the media darlings because they are the underdog and the Kurt Warner resurrection is a pretty amazing story, along with Fitz's phenomenal season and playoff record.

The Steelers have been a playoff contender for quite a while and are set to become the first NFL team with 6 rings, so we're cast as the "bad guys" in their eyes and in the eyes of many non-Steelers fans.

Doesn't bother me in the least. We know how talented our Steelers are, that they beat the odds this season with that absolutely brutal schedule and are headed into the Super Bowl next Sunday. What the doofuses don't get is that the more they hate on the Steelers, the better the locker room fodder and the fiercer our boyz will be when they take the field next Sunday. :tt02:

Other than Adrian Wilson, do the cards even have a D? :toofunny:

NEPAsteeler
01-23-2009, 10:41 PM
I suppose you're right. We'll get the last laugh when we're hoisting that Sixth Lombardi! :tt02:

rbryan
01-23-2009, 10:42 PM
No worries....NFL network has to fill the airwaves with something.

If you watched last night "Playbook" broke it down on why the Stillers are going to kick there azz

82CardsGrad
01-23-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm sitting here watching the NFL Network's Playbook segment. They're talking about the Card's "D", and right now, DRC specifically. They were also mentioning how much of an age difference there is between Kurt Warner and Ben and that the older QB usually wins the Super Bowl.

Ok.. now on to my rant...
You mean to tell me that Arizona's defense can really rattle Ben THAT much that we're gonna lose the game? What about OUR defense? You know... the #1 defense in the NFL?

Sorry... this just kind of ticked me off. I needed to get it off my chest. Oh, and if this belongs somewhere else, please feel free to move it accordingly.

Did they really say our defense and Kurt's age are the reason we are going to win this thing?? Wow!

:rofl:

82CardsGrad
01-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Right now, the Cards are the media darlings because they are the underdog and the Kurt Warner resurrection is a pretty amazing story, along with Fitz's phenomenal season and playoff record.

The Steelers have been a playoff contender for quite a while and are set to become the first NFL team with 6 rings, so we're cast as the "bad guys" in their eyes and in the eyes of many non-Steelers fans.

Doesn't bother me in the least. We know how talented our Steelers are, that they beat the odds this season with that absolutely brutal schedule and are headed into the Super Bowl next Sunday. What the doofuses don't get is that the more they hate on the Steelers, the better the locker room fodder and the fiercer our boyz will be when they take the field next Sunday. :tt02:

You will come to know these names:

Darnell Dockett
Antonio Smith
Karlos Dansby
Antrel Rolle
Dominique Roger-Cromartie (DRC)

And these names you might not hear all too much, but they will play a key role:

Bertrand Berry
Chike Okeafor
Calais Campbell
Gabe Watson
Rod Hood
Gerald Hayes (from....... Univ. of Pitt)

No, our defense might not scare anyone... but that's ok!

:thmbup:

NEPAsteeler
01-23-2009, 10:49 PM
I know they had one about the Steelers, but I was watching this one and it kind of made me laugh a little bit.

HometownGal
01-23-2009, 10:57 PM

Darnell Dockett
Antonio Smith
Karlos Dansby
Antrel Rolle

Bertrand Berry
Chike Okeafor
Calais Campbell
Gabe Watson
Rod Hood

I know those names and as said above, the only stellar player on the Cards D, imho, is Adrian Wilson. The guy gives 150% every game and is a damned good safety. Not Polamalu or Reed good, but he's a playmaker no doubt about it.

They don't scare me - hell, I love their 26.6 ppg. average and I'm sure Ben & Co. will too. :wink02:

millwalldavey
01-23-2009, 10:59 PM

Darnell Dockett
Antonio Smith
Karlos Dansby
Antrel Rolle

Bertrand Berry
Chike Okeafor
Calais Campbell
Gabe Watson
Rod Hood

I'm sure we will if they announce the Cards starting D before kickoff.

NEPAsteeler
01-23-2009, 11:07 PM
We'll see which defense is better come February 1st. Somehow I think it's gonna be the one wearing the white jerseys and gold pants. :flap:

82CardsGrad
01-23-2009, 11:14 PM
I know those names and as said above, the only stellar player on the Cards D, imho, is Adrian Wilson. The guy gives 150% every game and is a damned good safety. Not Polamalu or Reed good, but he's a playmaker no doubt about it.

They don't scare me - hell, I love their 26.6 ppg. average and I'm sure Ben & Co. will too. :wink02:

Wilson is more like a Dawkins or Reed type player than Troy... He's huge: 6;3" 235 pounds... Plays much more like a linebacker than a safety... He will definitely introduce himself to Ben at some point in the game! :thmbup:

Dockett is also a pro bowler. We put the Franchise Tag on Dansby this year and many believe he should have been a Pro Bowler last season and this year!
DRC is a rookie and became a starter halfway thru the season. Still, he grabbed 4 picks in the playoff and has 2 more in the post season and is crazy fast (4.3 forty)!
Rolle is a classic playmaker and has one of those great noses for the football... Cover skills suck, but he always has the potential to make a game-changing play!

And again... don't be afraid of these guys... they wouldn't want it any other way!!

:wave:

stillers4me
01-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Those little Cards fans........they're so cute.

NEPAsteeler
01-23-2009, 11:27 PM
I figured I'd give 'em something to talk about :chuckle:

82CardsGrad
01-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Those little Cards fans........they're so cute.

"little" and "cute"?? Thank God for the internet!!!

:rofl:

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Wilson is more like a Dawkins or Reed type player than Troy... He's huge: 6;3" 235 pounds... Plays much more like a linebacker than a safety... He will definitely introduce himself to Ben at some point in the game! :thmbup:

Dockett is also a pro bowler. We put the Franchise Tag on Dansby this year and many believe he should have been a Pro Bowler last season and this year!
DRC is a rookie and became a starter halfway thru the season. Still, he grabbed 4 picks in the playoff and has 2 more in the post season and is crazy fast (4.3 forty)!
Rolle is a classic playmaker and has one of those great noses for the football... Cover skills suck, but he always has the potential to make a game-changing play!

And again... don't be afraid of these guys... they wouldn't want it any other way!!

:wave:ummmmm.......do you know who reed is? reed does not play like a linebacker, infact he 's usually know where near the line....troy on the other hand....Could be a linebacker...:doh:

82CardsGrad
01-24-2009, 12:01 AM
ummmmm.......do you know who reed is? reed does not play like a linebacker, infact he 's usually know where near the line....troy on the other hand....Could be a linebacker...:doh:

Obviously we don't get the chance to watch the Ravens all that much out here in AZ... THANK GOD! But it just seems that whenever I see video of Reed, he's either making a pick or making a sack... Just like Wilson! :thmbup:

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Obviously we don't get the chance to watch the Ravens all that much out here in AZ... THANK GOD! But it just seems that whenever I see video of Reed, he's either making a pick or making a sack... Just like Wilson! :thmbup:
reed is just a ball hawk.....he doesn't do run support, he may occassionally get a sack on a safety blitz....the only time you'll ever see him involved in a hard hit, is when he's on the recieving end of a hines ward K.O. block. those 10 ...12 plays you see on the highlights , is the only thing reed does all season.

tony hipchest
01-24-2009, 12:32 AM

Darnell Dockett
Antonio Smith
Karlos Dansby
Antrel Rolle

Bertrand Berry
Chike Okeafor
Calais Campbell
Gabe Watson
Rod Hood

:thmbup:holy shit!

that group sounds almost as fearsome as the baltimore ravens....

...who we just defeated for the 3rd time. :coffee:

the cardinal defender who has the greatest edge is darnell dockett. he may even get a sack or 2 on ben (t. suggs at 45% healthy did).

doesnt matter though. the steelers offense draws up a few sack plays every game just to keep the defense off guard.

NEPAsteeler
01-24-2009, 12:42 AM
It wouldn't be a Steelers game if our offense didn't take a few sacks. It just means that Ben's doing his usual thing and trying to make plays happen.

MACH1
01-24-2009, 12:55 AM
holy shit!

the cardinal defender who has the greatest edge is darnell dockett. he may even get a sack or 2 on ben (t. suggs at 45% healthy did).

doesnt matter though. the steelers offense draws up a few sack plays every game just to keep the defense off guard.

I'm sure they'll throw in a couple holding plays for Colon too. :chuckle:

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 01:22 AM
holy shit!

Maybe right now, but the Cardnals offense is way better! DRC is just a rookie. You should be able to have some fun with him. :popcorn:

tony hipchest
01-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Maybe right now, but the Cardnals offense is way better! DRC is just a rookie. You should be able to have some fun with him. :popcorn:we LOVE having fun with rookie phenoms. just ask joe flacco and j. harbaugh.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 01:50 AM
we LOVE having fun with rookie phenoms. just ask joe flacco and j. harbaugh.

Good deal! Enjoy! :popcorn:

stlrtruck
01-24-2009, 08:29 AM
SCREW THE MEDIA!!!

Let them have their media hyped cinderella story of the year. They can nut hug Fitz, Warner, Whiz, Grimm, and the rest of the cardinals for the next week for all I care.

But when it's all said and done - they better stand the freak up and show the respect due this squad of Men of Steel!!!

millwalldavey
01-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm sure they'll throw in a couple holding plays for Colon too. :chuckle:

They usually draw up a false start play or two so Stapleton and Kemoatu can have their names called.

86WARD
01-24-2009, 10:31 AM
The media is making it out to be that the Steelers have no chance. They won't be able to stop the Cardinals pass game and they won't be able to run or pass on the Cardinals D.

GBMelBlount
01-24-2009, 10:42 AM
holy shit!

LOL! I always wondered if Ben's sacks were by "design". :chuckle:

Seriously though, I am not going to take the Cards lightly on offense OR defense. They say "the trend is your friend" and the Cards have been on somewhat of a roll as of late. I couldn't be more excited. :thumbsup:

SC Steeler Steve
01-24-2009, 10:55 AM

This ^^^

Plus (No pun intended Card fans, I am very glad you guys are getting to experience this wonderful feeling as fans) the cards are still the same team that nobody gave a chance to be here. We are still the same team with the toughest schedule in the history of the NFL. They are gonna build the story up, but when it is all said and done we will enjoy our 6th. This Steeler team is just to good and want it to much. Let em talk and hate, that is another great thing about being a Steeler fan, cause haters HATE a winner. And the Steelers are winners.

Remember in 05 when Sean Salisbury Steak from ESPN hated on the Steelers all season long? This fool never won a damn thing as a player but yet got paid to tell eveyone why the Steelers sucked soooo bad. I loved it, that idiot didnt know what in the hell he was talking about and the Steelers proved it for him. He hated on the Steelers real hard after they lost thier 3rd consecutive game in the middle part of the season. I kept telling all the haters at work that "Big Ben will get healthy in time and we will win the SB. Because with a healthy BB we are the best team in the NFL." I love all the hate, Bring it on..

STARTING ON THE OTHER HAND
GO STEELERS

KeiselPower99
01-24-2009, 11:56 AM
I think the media has to hype the game for the Cards because they know its a disadvantage for them.

GodofGridiron
01-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Cardinals will not present anything this offense hasnt seen already. Multiple looks on the Dline-- we got that 3 times from Baltimore. Gap control and run blitzing......got got that multiple times from Baltimore, Tennesee, Philly and NY......stacking 8 in the box and daring Ben to beat them......saw that too from San Diego. Exotic coverages and a 3-4 scheme similar to our own... saw that in Foxboro. Its all in how we handle it.

So, you see the Cardinals likely wont present anything we havent seen. Theyre speed cant be any greater than what Baltimore or even the Texans (whom are young still) exhibit. They intensity wont rival anything we havent seen from Tenn or Baltimore. (Baltimore brings out the best in this group of athletes and is the perfect tune up for a World championship contest)

If Ben just makes plays like hes done recently we will win. He's gonna get pressure--thats a given. Its not like he likes to stay in the pocket anyways.