PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Cheerleaders

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2005, 04:52 PM
I just came across an interesting fact the other day and thought I'd pass it on. The last time the Steelers had cheerleaders was the late 60's or early 70's. I'd like to see them bring em' back. New ones of course. I've been to Pittsburgh enough times to know there are many possibilities to field a squad. What do ya'll think?

BB2W
12-28-2005, 04:57 PM
New ones of course.
:rofl: funny stuff...

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 05:01 PM
ditto on that bb2w lol!

steelerfans dont need a bunch of foo-foo's telling them when to cheer!

i only been to 1 steelers game as a kid and my uncle brought binoculars so we could check out the opponents (bears) cheerleaders. where theres a will theres a way.

Ambridge
12-28-2005, 05:03 PM
IMO...aside from being nothing but sheer eye candy Cheerleaders in the NFL serve no real purpose.

melroseplace
12-28-2005, 05:04 PM
I always loved the fact that we don't have cheerleaders...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 05:11 PM
As long as the Rooneys own the Pittsburgh Steelers..there will never be any cheerleaders..

The Steelers owners and organization pride themselves on old school, grass roots, no fringe, no games, football. The respect the game for what it is and how far its come.

The Steelerettes were cool back in the day, but dont look for it to happen again in the future I wouldnt think.

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 05:19 PM
There won't be any cheerleaders while The Rooney's own this team

Koopa
12-28-2005, 05:51 PM
well i wouldn't mind seeing some cheerleaders down there, espically when the score gets out of hand at least there be some entertanment down there

Koopa
12-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I always loved the fact that we don't have cheerleaders...

hmmmm.....i wonder why that is????? :rolleyes: :grin:

BB2W
12-28-2005, 05:54 PM
God, they were hot!!!...

http://www.steelerettes.com/cheer62.jpg

They took to the field decked out in black and gold. These young and talented performers brought their best to the football gridiron.

With pompoms in hand and the Steelers fight song coming from their lips, the Steelerettes proved that the men of the Pittsburgh Steelers were not the only ones who could grace Forbes Field and later Pitt Stadium from 1961 through 1969.

As the National Football League's first official cheerleaders, they arrived the same year John F. Kennedy became president and went away the year a man walked on the moon. In many ways, their existence was also symbolic of the type of changes that would characterize that turbulent era.

But most of all, the cheerleaders, who were all Robert Morris Junior College (now Robert Morris University) students, represented the Steelers and the southwestern Pennsylvania hometowns from which most came. In all, nearly 60 women were Steelerettes.

link-----> http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/dailycourier/news/s_280203.html

Koopa
12-28-2005, 05:57 PM
what the hell? thank god times have changed A LOT!!

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 06:01 PM
what the hell? thank god times have changed A LOT!!

lmao! i couldnt of said it better! wtf??? im actually embarrassed. after 1970 the steelers didnt need cheerleaders. good riddance. man that picture is just f-d up.

are you sure its not a joke created by a browns fan?

BB2W
12-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Check out this link, they got there own site...

http://steelerettes.com/

Koopa
12-28-2005, 06:14 PM
well them *****es need to be shut down, they are embarrassing as hell, and bring down the good name of the steelers

LambertIsGod58
12-28-2005, 07:12 PM
hell of a job with research....holy sh*t. I'm glad that I clarified "new ones". Some of them weren't bad though.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Back in the day they were, da bomb !!

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2005, 07:44 PM
No, we have our cheerleaders in the stands!

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-28-2005, 07:49 PM
I always loved the fact that we don't have cheerleaders...Could'nt have said it better myself.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-28-2005, 07:55 PM
hell of a job with research....holy sh*t. I'm glad that I clarified "new ones". Some of them weren't bad though.The one on the far left ain't half bad.:cheers:

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 08:57 PM
yeah I had a lady inour Steelers fan club who was one of the original cheerleaders, I haven`t heard from her in awhile!

I vote no on cheerleaders! All I want is a football game when I go. My sister in law was a Cavs cheerleader, a Atlanta Falcons, and Georgia Force, now a LA Clippers. If she became a Steelers Cheerleader then I`m in!

Koopa
12-28-2005, 09:08 PM
yeah I had a lady inour Steelers fan club who was one of the original cheerleaders, I haven`t heard from her in awhile!

I vote no on cheerleaders! All I want is a football game when I go. My sister in law was a Cavs cheerleader, a Atlanta Falcons, and Georgia Force, now a LA Clippers. If she became a Steelers Cheerleader then I`m in!

just wondering which one is she? :grin:

http://www.nba.com/clippers/dance/spirit.html

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Even though seeing Cheerleaders on the sidelines might not be bad. We already got em. In The Stands of every home game.

Koopa
12-28-2005, 10:34 PM
yeah but they ain't half naked lol

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah but they ain't half naked lol

Yeah and since we don't have cheerleaders we don't have worry about Cheerleaders getting into sexcapades on a boat or in a public bathroom.

CASTEEL
12-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Please god not another "Steelers should have cheerleaders" thread.

I've read enough of those on the "official" board......
While we're at it, we might as well talk about why they should have block numbers on their jerseys, and what about the logo midfield and in the endzones!!!

:banging:

Love my Steelers the way they are! :tt:

GO STEELERS!!!

SteelerzGirl
12-28-2005, 11:16 PM
God, they were hot!!!...

http://www.steelerettes.com/cheer62.jpg

Hmmm... Since you think they were so hot, BB2W, is the 4th one from the left pregnant with your love child...(lol)? j/k :wink:

Pennsylvania is full of football tradition. Having Steeler cheerleaders at this point would be like having the Nittany Lions w/o their traditional white helmets w/no logo. It was voted on and was a no-go. I agree that we'll never see Steeler cheerleaders as long as the Rooneys are running the show. The Men of Steel don't need cheerleaders! :smile:

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 11:18 PM
just wondering which one is she? :grin:

http://www.nba.com/clippers/dance/spirit.html
Checkout www.ninaahlin.com

CASTEEL
12-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Checkout www.ninaahlin.com (http://www.ninaahlin.com)

Ok... please don't ever post a link to a HOT chick's website that has an audio welcome.:smile:

I followed that link and thought, for the time it took for her voice to pop up loud as hell, that I might like to look at her website for a bit....
What blew it for me was my wife sitting not five feet away on her work computer, wondering who that ladies voice was.... :cya::grin:

GO STEELERS!!!

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Ok... please don't ever post a link to a HOT chick's website that has an audio welcome.:smile:

I followed that link and thought, for the time it took for her voice to pop up loud as hell, that I might like to look at her website for a bit....

My wife sitting 5 feet away on her work computer and wondering who the lady's voice was blew it for me.... :cya::grin:

GO STEELERS!!!
Sorry about that! LOL How did she look? Its my wifes sister! You should see her here at our pool or hot tub!

Koopa
12-28-2005, 11:30 PM

holy shit she is hot, and damn i almost had a heart attack, i had my speakers full blast cause i was jammin out to chamillionaire and that shit WELCOME TO WHATEVER HER NAME IS!!

pitt
12-28-2005, 11:31 PM
Cheerleaders are completely and totally useless.

Koopa
12-28-2005, 11:32 PM

What blew it for me was my wife sitting not five feet away on her work computer, wondering who that ladies voice was.... :cya::grin:

GO STEELERS!!!

damn i should've read your post before i clicked on the link, cause i damn near got blown out the room with my speakers up so damn loud and i almost had a heart attack from it scarying me......never heard a website talk before

BB2W
12-28-2005, 11:42 PM
HOLLA!!! :grin:

CASTEEL
12-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Sorry about that! LOL How did she look? Its my wifes sister! You should see her here at our pool or hot tub!

Well, um.... SHIT man she is hot!!! Post a link that don't make so much noise! Preferably a link next to your hot tub:nw::nw::busted:

Steel - X
12-29-2005, 06:38 AM
holy shit she is hot, and damn i almost had a heart attack, i had my speakers full blast cause i was jammin out to chamillionaire and that shit WELCOME TO WHATEVER HER NAME IS!!

LOL she is good looking and she can kick some ass. Cleve need some hot tub picks :busted:

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Please god not another "Steelers should have cheerleaders" thread.

I've read enough of those on the "official" board......
While we're at it, we might as well talk about why they should have block numbers on their jerseys, and what about the logo midfield and in the endzones!!!

:banging:

Love my Steelers the way they are! :tt:

GO STEELERS!!!

Yeah while we're at it color the endzones Black. And we already got a Mid-Field Logo.

Hammer67
12-29-2005, 10:00 AM
I can't believe people WANT cheerleaders!!! Cheerleaders are for college.

Steelers have the largest following in the NFL without lame cheerleaders and mascots, etc. If I saw a mascot on the field I would shoot myself and Lambert would probably shoot the mascot.:grin:

Thank GOD, the Rooneys are against any gimmicks like that. Cheerleaders and mascots are for losing Pro teams that need something else to keep them occupied when the team isn't winning.

What would a Steeeler mascot be, anyway? A sweaty steel worker....ugh.:horror:

:cheer: = :poop:

Koopa
12-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah while we're at it color the endzones Black. And we already got a Mid-Field Logo.

we do?????? i never noticed it

clevestinks
12-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Cheerleaders are not high on my want list! But for those of you who checked out Nina`s sight! You should have seen the cheerleader practice at L.A. Fitness in Atlanta, that was ten times hotter than the on the field action

tony hipchest
12-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Cheerleaders are completely and totally useless.

not the carolina cheerleaders. thats a halftime show you usually have to pay to see.

shevdog
12-29-2005, 04:03 PM
I take pride in the fact the Steelers don't need cheerleaders. The fans at home/away games are pumped up enough to be the true cheerleaders!

clevestinks
12-29-2005, 04:23 PM
I take pride in the fact the Steelers don't need cheerleaders. The fans at home/away games are pumped up enough to be the true cheerleaders!
Very True Shevdog. When I attend games, I`m so friggin into the agme that I wouldn`t notice. The cheerleaders are more for T.V. anyway. Whenever we went to Atlanta to watch the Steelers play, my sister in law would get us first row seats in the endzone. Not many fans can see the cheerleaders, they stay in each corner of the endzone.
Not to mention if Terrible Towels, and " Here We Go Steelers" in the air doesn`t get you pumped enough, check your pulse.

melroseplace
12-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Cheerleaders and mascots are for losing Pro teams that need something else to keep them occupied when the team isn't winning.

:cheer: = :poop:

very true :cool:

clevestinks
12-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Guys we have ladies in house, ets play nice!

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 10:09 PM

Yeah we have ladies cheering for the Steelers around the World

Koopa
12-29-2005, 10:23 PM

this is the reason why i haven't said what i would usually said in this thread about yo cousin lol j/k

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Geeze do we have to insult family members Koopa???

Koopa
12-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Geeze do we have to insult family members Koopa???

huh??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????? mayne i said his cousin was hot and left it at that, when i said that's why i didn't say what i would've said is cause i would've said some naughty words you are to young to be reading and i don't like to use what i would've said around women.

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 10:43 PM
huh??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????? mayne i said his cousin was hot and left it at that, when i said that's why i didn't say what i would've said is cause i would've said some naughty words you are to young to be reading and i don't like to use what i would've said around women.

My Appologies Koop. :sorry: (I hate when I respond to stuff I don't know what the heck the subject is)

clevestinks
12-30-2005, 07:47 AM
this is the reason why i haven't said what i would usually said in this thread about yo cousin lol j/k
Not cousin, sister in law! Nina is my wifes cousin. I`m curious what you really think, you can always pm me!

LambertIsGod58
12-30-2005, 12:11 PM
So most of you are saying that if a Steelerette calendar came out every Christmas, it's not something you'd want to have? Somehow I doubt it. Remember the hayday of the 1970's Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders?

melroseplace
12-30-2005, 01:17 PM

how considerate :angel:

clevestinks
12-30-2005, 01:21 PM
:yep: :iagree: Thats me!how considerate :angel:

Sharkissle29
12-30-2005, 02:13 PM
i enjoy our bad-ass look with no cheerleaders. arnt we the only team without them? lets keep it that way

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2005, 03:36 PM
St33lers. There are other teams who don't. The Only People we need to support the team are the fans.

clevestinks
12-30-2005, 08:46 PM
When our players get introduced, and the last player comes out of the tunnel, the place erupts. Thats what I`m talking about. That gets me going! I do`nt need the cheerleaders, we`re to loud for them anyway

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2005, 08:47 PM
And Too Loud We Shall Remain. No Matter How Loud They Are.

clevestinks
12-30-2005, 08:50 PM
And Too Loud We Shall Remain. No Matter How Loud They Are.
I heard that! rep`s for you. We are the loudest fans that there are. Because we support at every stadium!

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2005, 08:51 PM
I heard that! rep`s for you. We are the loudest fans that there are. Because we support at every stadium!

I Heard That As Well! Rep Points To You. We Support our team and are as loud as possible.

melroseplace
12-30-2005, 09:07 PM
We Support our team and are as loud as possible.

it's just amazing how loud Steeler fans are...when I went to the Cincy game (at Heinz Field at the beginning of this month) it was awesome how loud we were while Cincy's offense was on the field. the D kept waving for us to make noise and we responded :shout:

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2005, 09:09 PM
We'll do the Same Here This Week against Detroit.