PDA

View Full Version : detroit fans???

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 04:57 PM
you know this was a game they circled on their calendar before the season, thinking the steelers would be 11-4 to 13-2, and starting their 2nd and 3rd stringers and they would only get the beatdown by 7-10 points travelling to the burgh. i better be nice. they may raid our team in the offseason. im sure everyones heard that russ grimm may be a head coaching candidate. but no one has mentionned them hiring kevin colbert as their president. it could happen. you heard it here first.

the only way pittsburgh has to let him interview is if its for a job advancement. id have to say hes more qualified than millen.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Colbert has turned out to be a pretty darn good Dirctor of football operations.. I'd have to wonder though if he would want to head into that mess in detroit. Russ on the other hand would make a good coach for them, I wish him the best but hope he doesnt leave us.

Ambridge
12-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Colbert has turned out to be a pretty darn good Dirctor of football operations.. I'd have to wonder though if he would want to head into that mess in detroit. Russ on the other hand would make a good coach for them, I wish him the best but hope he doesnt leave us.

Detroit is a complete shambles and I hope Grimm has the good sense to stay away from there.
I'd love to see him take over when Cowher eventually hangs 'em up but that probably wont happen.

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 05:22 PM

id go shovel elephant shit if you were offering me a million dollar/ yr payraise and a better title. especially if i could bring russ grimm as my head coach and sign plenty of steeler free agents in the future.

im willing to bet if anyone is smart in the detroit f.o. they have explored this option to turn their franchise around. im just suprised i havent heard anyone in the media or football talking heads mention this.

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Detroit prepare the Steelers are gonna WIN BY 40+. It will be some funny shit.

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 09:00 PM
yeah this will be a first interview for Russ Grimm!

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Detroit is a complete shambles and I hope Grimm has the good sense to stay away from there.
I'd love to see him take over when Cowher eventually hangs 'em up but that probably wont happen.
They're becoming the modern-day Bungles.

Koopa
12-28-2005, 09:12 PM
well hopefully winning a superbowl with us will make him not want to take any jobs, but if he does leave i hope he successful

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 10:28 PM
I think winning the Super Bowl will make Grimm want to stay.

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Detroit is Pistons, and red Wings, thats it

Brady12
12-29-2005, 12:17 AM
if i was a Lion fan i wouldn't even touch thsi board.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Are there any Lions fans left?

Hammer67
12-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Few. Unfortunately there are die hards that are really upset. No one wanted Mooch fired. You should hear the beating Millen takes on a daily basis from the fans and all the radio stations.

One station was handing out orange t-shirts that said "FIRE MILLEN" to people going to the game because of the ridiculous sign banning at the stadium.

I feel bad for these fans. Everytime I hit a bar to see a Steeler game when they aren't on nationally, people keep saying "Your lucky, man. Your team is good."

It is a football atmosphere that few of us can relate too. Consistently losing.

If you say football in Michigan, everyone assumes MSU or UofM.

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Are there any Lions fans left?

Not many. The only real Detroit Fans are probably only fans of the Pistons and the Red Wings.

Hammer67
12-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Not many. The only real Detroit Fans are probably only fans of the Pistons and the Red Wings.

There are some diehard Lions fans who are also season ticket holders. They sold out the stadtium for every game at the beginning of the year which is the first time that happened in a while, or so I am told.

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Well not everyone will show up again. That will never happen again.

Koopa
12-29-2005, 01:09 PM
yeah they will, when they fire millen and actually get someone that is worth a damn to run things up there, things will start going in the right direction fast, so they'll sale out again. all it'll take is two wins in a row and everyone will jump back on the ship

Stlrs4Life
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Very possible for Grimm to leave. But doubt Colbert leaves.