PDA

View Full Version : The mysterious 3rd uniform ?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Ever since teams like the Jags, Eagles, Cowboys, Clowns, Bengals, etc have made a 3rd uniform to showcase on big games like MNF, the playoffs, opening day, etc.. There have been rumors of the Steelers official 3rd uniform, but nobody has ever seen it to my knowledge.
Some say its all black pants w/ yellow stripe, and an all black jersey w/ the logo on each arm. Knowing the Rooneys Im not sure they'd ever actually showcase it on the field but its kinda cool to know we have it and wonder what it "officially" looks like.

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 05:27 PM
I don't think they'd ever show case it. Probably on cold weather days at home would be the only time if ever.

Ambridge
12-28-2005, 05:27 PM
My wife bought me an Authentic-"All Black and White" Roethlisberger jersey for Christmas.
I had to take a double take at it first but it's all black with white stripes around the sleeves.
The numbers and Roethlisberger's name are white and are sewn on and the Steeler patch is made of black and white fabric that is sewn on as well.
There's no gold on the shirt at all.

I'll take a picture and post it later on.

I was wondering if this was a third jersey??

BB2W
12-28-2005, 05:47 PM
I have always thought we should wear black pants at home a couple times a year...

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Ever since teams like the Jags, Eagles, Cowboys, Clowns, Bengals, etc have made a 3rd uniform to showcase on big games like MNF, the playoffs, opening day, etc.. There have been rumors of the Steelers official 3rd uniform, but nobody has ever seen it to my knowledge.
Some say its all black pants w/ yellow stripe, and an all black jersey w/ the logo on each arm. Knowing the Rooneys Im not sure they'd ever actually showcase it on the field but its kinda cool to know we have it and wonder what it "officially" looks like. you didnt mention the horrid all black ravens jersey! i wouldnt mind an all gold jersey with black pants and names and numbers. but i hope the steelers dont get trendy. there jersey sales are good enough as it is but i guess a little extra revenue never hurt nobody. hey if it helps the steelers pay polamalu the big bucks when his contract is up then i am all for it.

Koopa
12-28-2005, 06:08 PM
i would mind an all "gold", it'll be bright ass yellow. i don't want to see a third uniform, i like that we are plain as hell, kinda like my spurs

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Can you imagine the clowns neon orange uniforms and the Steelers all gold uniforms in the same game !! :grin: We'd all have to wear shades just to watch the game.

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Can you imagine the clowns neon orange uniforms and the Steelers all gold uniforms in the same game !! :grin: We'd all have to wear shades just to watch the game. damn, maybe they could make the refs wear lime green striped uniforms for that game

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 09:14 PM
damn, maybe they could make the refs wear lime green striped uniforms for that game
That would probably make the AFC North the division with the gaudiest looking uniforms.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 09:20 PM
we already have a jump start on it as it is w/ the you guys and the tire tread orange, the clowns and the neon orange, and ratbirds w/ that disgustingly gay looking purple :rofl:

clevestinks
12-28-2005, 11:05 PM
I hate to change anything! We have a great color scheme!

Suitanim
12-29-2005, 09:01 AM
We beat this dead horse into mush on SN, but the long and short of it is all about $$$. The NFL forces teams to change their jerseys slightly every now and then to boost merchandise sales. The Steelers resisted for years, and when the boom was finally lowered, all they did was change from block numbers/letters to the current rounded one's. There is an all-gold jersey that was approved, but the NFL never made the Rooney's actually impliment them. Anyone remember the all orange jerseys the Browns wore a couple years ago? What a nightmare!

Brady12
12-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Maybe they're Yellow. and they have yellow pants to .... Ew.

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 11:10 AM

Maybe The Patriots have a 3rd Jersey that is Magenta Jersey With Pink Pants.

Koopa
12-29-2005, 01:28 PM

that would be nasty as hell, it would look like sticks of butter playing football

Ambridge
12-29-2005, 03:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/102_0252.jpg
As promised here's a picture of the front

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/102_0254.jpg
And the back

BB2W
12-29-2005, 03:18 PM
WOW!!! Awesome jersey Ambridge! I want one... :cool:

FisherMOM
12-29-2005, 03:50 PM
that would be nasty as hell, it would look like sticks of butter playing football

ha ha ha! Sticks of butter or bananas~ :banana:

Brady12
12-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Maybe The Patriots have a 3rd Jersey that is Magenta Jersey With Pink Pants.

Hey, atleast I stayed with the colour of the team..

That is a cool jersey ambridge

Prosdo
12-29-2005, 04:21 PM
First one I have ever seen like that.

Koopa
12-29-2005, 04:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/102_0252.jpg
As promised here's a picture of the front

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/102_0254.jpg
And the back

these jerseys are pretty nice, i was thinking about getting one but i wanted my first steelers jersey to have gold on it so i bought a regular hines ward jersey

RoethlisBURGHer
12-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow nice jersey.

I heard our "alternate" jersey is gold or yellow for when we play in hot weather,because a lot of hot weather teams use thier away jerseys against us forcing us to wear black.But then I also heard the NFL said we're not allowed to use the yellow/gold ones.

Suitanim
12-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Trust me, the NFL would love nothing more than for us to pick up a third jersey...the Steelers are consistently, win or lose, a top merchandising team.

It's the Steelers, not the NFL, that keeps us in our traditional jerseys, and thank God for that!

SteelerzGirl
12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm lovin' your jersey, Ambridge. I think it's sharp and classy lookin'. Your wife has great taste! :smile:

geran42o
12-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Where the hell did she find it. That is f&%kin awesome

MichiSteeler
12-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah ive always wondered about if the steelers had an alternate jersey. I suppose it would be all yellow. Thatd be okay, but it would be too new school for the old school, classic steelers :willy:

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't like the idea at all. We don't need it. Only change I want, is to go back to the square number style. I think Nike, and Reebock are gay.

3 to be 4
12-31-2005, 07:30 AM
why?? even as a Patriots fan ive always thought the Steelers had the best uniforms of any sports franchise. I think i originally liked them because they renminded me of the Boston Bruins, but the Bruins have changed theirs for the worse thru the years.
Never change the Black and Gold or even the trim patterns. they are perfect the way they are.

tony hipchest
12-31-2005, 01:27 PM
biologiacally, the black and yellow is mother natures way of saying: danger, warning, beware. this can be seen with bees, poisinous snakes, frogs, bugs, and plants. it is an evolutionary tool that many species use.

i like this form of biologiacal intimidation and the fact that the steelers uniform incorporates more colors than any other uniform

black
white
blue
yellow
red

as 3 to be 4 pointed out the steelers uniforms are appealing to fans all across the board. if its not broke dont fix it.

steelers have always had the best uniforms, best fans, best coaches, best owners, and its only fitting after this year to be tied with the best collection of lombardi's.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Trust me, the NFL would love nothing more than for us to pick up a third jersey...the Steelers are consistently, win or lose, a top merchandising team.

It's the Steelers, not the NFL, that keeps us in our traditional jerseys, and thank God for that!

:iagree: :stupidagree: The Rooneys are big on tradition and are one of the most influential owners in the NFL. If they wanted to do it, the NFL wouldnt have a problem with it.

Remember it took us decades to actually break out of the traiditional style jerseys to the type we wear now. The subtle changes are about as extreme as you'll see the Steelers get.

3 to be 4
12-31-2005, 01:51 PM
steelers have always had the best uniforms, best fans, best coaches, best owners, and its only fitting after this year to be tied with the best collection of lombardi's.[/QUOTE]

well, at least you have the best uniforms.........
as for the other things, um, well.....:grin:

tony hipchest
12-31-2005, 02:02 PM
[/QUOTE]

well, at least you have the best uniforms.........
as for the other things, um, well.....:grin:[/QUOTE]

your not gonna change your sn to "3>4" are you?

and we all know the red sox are #1 up there.

how many owners and coaches have the patriots gone thru?

kraft is a good owner but he might as well be giving nuclear trade secrets to the russian prez.