PDA

View Full Version : Flacco bashing

i82much
01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
It's all nonsense. Go back and look at Flacco's stats over the year and compare them to his numbers against your team. Flacco didn't play great but last weekend was a CLASSIC DEFENSIVE PERFORMANCE by your squad. And it was consistent with how Flacco performed against your defense - and ONLY your defense - all year.

my 2 cents. The kid will get better and you won't see that again, but make no mistake - that wasn't just some chump rookie quarterback laying an egg - that was a defensive tour de force. Seen a few of those watching my Ravens play and I know it when I see it.

Good luck in the Super Bowl, meaning, of course, I hope no one gets hurt and you don't lose too bad :flap:

BlastFurnace
01-24-2009, 11:13 AM
It's over dude. We have moved on from Flacco and the Ravens. Some of us believe that Flacco will be good down the line, but we will see.

Steelcitygal87
01-24-2009, 11:14 AM
I have never bashed Flacco. I think he is a very good qb, with the potential to be a great one. Most qbs don't fair very well against our D. For a rookie, he took his team very far this year. The Steelers will have their hands full defending him in years to come...when he becomes even better than he is now.....working on and developing his skills even further. As far as I can see, your team finally has what had been the missing piece in place.......a quality QB.

steelersfanman92
01-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Flacco showed that he can be a GOOD quaterback in the future but he has not shown that he can be a GREAT one. He is a rookie though but great quaterbacks can overcome a strong D. His biggest downfall is going to be his lack of mobility, but he does throw a pretty deep ball.

Hammer Of The GODS
01-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Unibrow (flacco) might indeed become a good QB in this league but there are 3 things you should know.

1. It's too little too late. The buttamore D has officialy run its course. Stabby Stabberson (ray lewis) is old and maybe following ryan to NY. Take a look at the bungholes cause that is your future decent QB and a shyte team surrounding him.

2. The Steelers own this division and will continue to do so.

3. As he gets older the unibrow will grow to cover his whole face and be given its own social security number!

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Well if you lose to the Premier Team in your Division 3 times in a season and, the 3rd time being for a trip to the super bowl. You can have a 8,000 yd season and 70 td passes. But you really didnt do SHIT. You didnt do the job that you were hired to do which is win championships. Does anyone talk about how many records brady and moss broke last year. NO they remember them choking in the super bowl.

fansince'76
01-24-2009, 11:27 AM
It's over dude. We have moved on from Flacco and the Ravens.

What he said. And I personally gave Flacco nothing but props after the game.

SC Steeler Steve
01-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Unibrow (flacco) might indeed become a good QB in this league but there are 3 things you should know.

1. It's too little too late. The buttamore D has officialy run its course. Stabby Stabberson (ray lewis) is old and maybe following ryan to NY. Take a look at the bungholes cause that is your future decent QB and a shyte team surrounding him.

3. As he gets older the unibrow will grow to cover his whole face and be given its own social security number!

Good stuff... :rofl::tt::rofl:
Well if you lose to the Premier Team in your Division 3 times in a season and, the 3rd time being for a trip to the super bowl. You can have a 8,000 yd season and 70 td passes. But you really didnt do SHIT. You didnt do the job that you were hired to do which is win championships. Does anyone talk about how many records brady and moss broke last year. NO they remember them choking in the super bowl.

The classic choke job. I dont remember anything that happened last year except the choke job....... :rofl:

Steelcitygal87
01-24-2009, 11:34 AM

So I take it you weren't to impressed by Ben in his rookie season either?? I guess according to you he 'didn't do SHIT' that year? I mean, after all, he took his team to the AFC Championship game and LOST to the Pats. You're saying Flacco didn't do anything of worth because his team didn't reach the Super Bowl. I just don't agree with that line of thinking. The guy is a rookie...give him a few more years and see what happens.

So Flacco didn't do to well against the Steelers this year....what qb did??? He still deserves a lot of credit for bringing his team as far as he did.

KeiselPower99
01-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Does Flacco play for the Cards??? Cause last time I checked we beat the Ravens and had the Cards in the Super Bowl. The kid will be a good qb but face it what no other team did all season long was make him play like the rookie he was and we did it to him 3 times.

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Flacco probably has a bright NFL future ahead of him. The problem the Ravens have is can they build a half decent offense around him before their defense gets to the rebuilding phase.

GBMelBlount
01-24-2009, 11:46 AM

Great post Hammer, LOL! :toofunny:

But seriously 8-3-losses, your team greatly exceeded the "experts" predictions and you have a lot to look forward too. You have a great "D" and perhaps a franchise QB to build your offense around. There is no way I would have enjoyed this season as much if a division rival (the raisins) wasn't breathing down our necks. Strong competitors is what makes sports exciting and you guys definitely "brought it" this year. Congrats on a great season and best of luck next year. :drink:

Steelcitygal87
01-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Flacco probably has a bright NFL future ahead of him. The problem the Ravens have is can they build a half decent offense around him before their defense gets to the rebuilding phase.

Good point. He needs some weapons on offense to work with.

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 11:58 AM
So I take it you weren't to impressed by Ben in his rookie season either?? I guess according to you he 'didn't do SHIT' that year? I mean, after all, he took his team to the AFC Championship game and LOST to the Pats. You're saying Flacco didn't do anything of worth because his team didn't reach the Super Bowl. I just don't agree with that line of thinking. The guy is a rookie...give him a few more years and see what happens.

So Flacco didn't do to well against the Steelers this year....what qb did??? He still deserves a lot of credit for bringing his team as far as he did.

Read my post. What im saying is dont come here and talk stats against other teams when you lost to the team you need to beat 3 times in a season. Not to mention lost your division. And only made the playoffs with some help from other teams.

Did i ever say Flacoo was unimpressive or a bad QB. NO. Your mind insinuated that.
Ben won his division and did not lose a game that year. I also didnt go over to the patriots board talking about oh leave ben alone and dont talk about him. We didnt reach our ultimate goal in the 04 season. So i moved on to 05.

Steelcitygal87
01-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Read my post. What im saying is dont come here and talk stats against other teams when you lost to the team you need to beat 3 times in a season. Not to mention lost your division. And only made the playoffs with some help from other teams.

Did i ever say Flacoo was unimpressive or a bad QB. NO. Your mind insinuated that.
Ben won his division and did not lose a game that year. I also didnt go over to the patriots board talking about oh leave ben alone and dont talk about him. We didnt reach our ultimate goal in the 04 season. So i moved on to 05.

I apologize. I thought you were implying, in your post, that you weren't that impressed with Flacco and the job he did this year. I am sorry for misunderstanding what you were saying.

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Its cool. No biggy. Sometime its hard to insinuate what one means by typing and not seeing facial expression or inflection in voice.

GO STEELERS!

tyler289
01-24-2009, 12:27 PM
The Flacco hype was a little unfounded. He had a great rookie year but a lot of that was because of the defense. He didn't play well in either playoff game. We just made him look like a rookie, even though many thought he wouldn't get rattled by our defense.

Flacco had a great rookie year and a bright future.

Stlrs4Life
01-24-2009, 12:31 PM
It's over dude. We have moved on from Flacco and the Ravens. Some of us believe that Flacco will be good down the line, but we will see.

Exactly. We'll see if Flacco has his sophmore jinx now.

i82much
01-24-2009, 12:47 PM
What im saying is dont come here and talk stats against other teams when you lost to the team you need to beat 3 times in a season..

Dude my post was incredibly complimentary towards your team. How small does your wee-wee have to be for you to get that bent out of shape at my first post??? Go read it again. I had nothing but props for the Steelers and in fact my point was simply that the Steelers were the only team good enough to make the guy look downright bad.

For those of you with some class (and reasonably-sized wee-wees so that you don't get offended to easily) thanks for the input and good luck. For those unfortunate few who are incapable of having a reasonable discussion without throwing out unnecessary barbs so you can feel better about yourselves, give this a shot and perhaps we'll have a collegial chat in the future, once you feel better about things:

http://www.euroextender.com/

tony hipchest
01-24-2009, 01:00 PM
why are you sizing up our dicks and who the hell is bashing flacco?

i didnt like when people called bens rookie season a fluke (we now know he just doesnt get beat) so i am sure as hell gonna give flacco the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

enjoy the superbowl.

fansince'76
01-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Dude my post was incredibly complimentary towards your team. How small does your wee-wee have to be for you to get that bent out of shape at my first post??? Go read it again. I had nothing but props for the Steelers and in fact my point was simply that the Steelers were the only team good enough to make the guy look downright bad.

For those of you with some class (and reasonably-sized wee-wees so that you don't get offended to easily) thanks for the input and good luck. For those unfortunate few who are incapable of having a reasonable discussion without throwing out unnecessary barbs so you can feel better about yourselves, give this a shot and perhaps we'll have a collegial chat in the future, once you feel better about things:

Seems to me you're the one who needs to "get over it," and has a need to "feel better about things" as you're the one who came here insinuating that people here were bashing Flacco.

i82much
01-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Relax man. You enjoy the Super Bowl as well, wasn't directed at you or indeed 90% of those who posted.

i82much
01-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Seems to me you're the one who needs to "get over it," and has a need to "feel better about things" as you're the one who came here insinuating that people here were bashing Flacco.

Sorry to come off that way. Was just really impressed with the defensive performance you guys put on and felt like some of the negative comments towards Flacco really diminish what you accomplished.

fansince'76
01-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Sorry to come off that way. Was just really impressed with the defensive performance you guys put on and felt like some of the negative comments towards Flacco really diminish what you accomplished.

I apologize - I wasn't trying to be snarky either. I think Flacco has a very bright future, and I think he's gonna be a pain for us for the next 12-15 years. :drink:

i82much
01-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I apologize - I wasn't trying to be snarky either. I think Flacco has a very bright future, and I think he's gonna be a pain for us for the next 12-15 years. :drink:

Cheers dude.

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 01:29 PM

That was my original post and its true. If you would read the post. You would realize i was making fun of the Patriots more than i ever did flacco. I just looked at his stats and they are not impressive. Against us or the NFL. For your information nothing I or anyone says can diminish the fact that we own the Ravens and are playing in the super bowl while Flacco is golfing. I never ever bashed flacco i just stated the facts. Sorry if you cant accept them.

stlrtruck
01-24-2009, 02:34 PM
I for one, feel that Flacco could be the next imitation of Roethlisberger. He's got poise, a good head on his shoulder, a good arm, and can become the leader the ratbirds offense has been missing the last several years.

Anyone, who wants to bash on him, is just hating because he wears purple and plays for the ratbirds. But then again, that's all it takes between these two teams - look at the hate for Hines Ward.

i82much
01-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Lol he needs to take a hike till the next time the two teams meet. Didn't know raven fans were STILL bawling :screwy:

??? I am so confused. Dude, read my post! Hardly "bawling" I mean I'm thrilled about our season and was impressed with your defense.

Why do you some of you guys get your hackles up so quickly??? just wanted to talk a little football that's all :boxing:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Anyone, who wants to bash on him, is just hating because he wears purple and plays for the ratbirds. But then again, that's all it takes between these two teams - look at the hate for Hines Ward.

Exactly.

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2009, 03:11 PM
who's flacco.....:huh: ........is he the one who got benched for warner ? :popcorn:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 03:17 PM
who's flacco.....:huh: ........is he the one who got benched for warner ? :popcorn:

No I think that was Kyle Boeller.

LVSteelersfan
01-24-2009, 03:20 PM
You do realize he is a third string QB who only got his job because Boller got hurt. Lets see him beat out Boller next year. Boller is the best QB you guys have ever had.

Would someone PLEASE get a sarcasm smiley here?????

Get ready for the Ben only got his job because Maddox got hurt comeback. I was JUST KIDDING. REALLY.

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2009, 03:22 PM
No I think that was Kyle Boeller.oh thats right....my bad....its kinda hard to remember all the LOSERS who wont be playing in the SUPERBOWL !!! :toofunny:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 03:23 PM
I heard they are bringing in Eric Zeir, Elvis Grbac and Todd Bouman to try out next year also.

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 03:25 PM
- that was a defensive tour de force. Seen a few of those watching my Ravens play and I know it when I see it.

We've seen quite a few more, watching our Steelers over the past 35+ years, and we know it when we see it. Don't forget that we're the one team that has been a defensive force for the better part of four decades. We don't need you to tell us what great D looks like. :helmet:

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Also heard rumors about Jeff Blake wanting to make Brett Favre like comeback.

i82much
01-24-2009, 03:30 PM
We've seen quite a few more, watching our Steelers over the past 35+ years, and we know it when we see it. Don't forget that we're the one team that has been a defensive force for the better part of four decades. We don't need you to tell us what great D looks like. :helmet:

An opposing fan comes on and compliments your D. That's your response? Why? It was meant as an honest compliment and not the start of some trash-talking.

Would it really have been that difficult to say "Gee thanks, yeah we're really thrilled to see how well our D has played this year, especially in the playoffs. Thanks for the compliment."

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 03:44 PM
An opposing fan comes on and compliments your D. That's your response? Why? It was meant as an honest compliment and not the start of some trash-talking.

Would it really have been that difficult to say "Gee thanks, yeah we're really thrilled to see how well our D has played this year, especially in the playoffs. Thanks for the compliment."

No. It's because you come here acting like Steelers fans can't recognize their own defense playing a great game. As if we need some Ravens fan to condescendingly tell us what a great defense looks. You didn't compliment our defense as much as you insulted our football intelligence. Let me ask you this, how many Steelers fans do you know that act like Flacco was just some rookie blowing it for his team? I don't know very many at all. Most of the people I've talked to(in the Pittsburgh area) think he's the real deal. We just understand the FACT that rookie QB's rarely do good against the NFL's number one defense, especially when the stakes are as high as a SB appearance.

i82much
01-24-2009, 03:52 PM
No. It's because you come here acting like Steelers fans can't recognize their own defense playing a great game. As if we need some Ravens fan to condescendingly tell us what a great defense looks. You didn't compliment our defense as much as you insulted our football intelligence. Let me ask you this, how many Steelers fans do you know that act like Flacco was just some rookie blowing it for his team? I don't know very many at all. Most of the people I've talked to(in the Pittsburgh area) think he's the real deal. We just understand the FACT that rookie QB's rarely do good against the NFL's number one defense, especially when the stakes are as high as a SB appearance.

Very difficult for me to understand how you took the initial post as condescending or as anything other than a compliment.

If you read the initial post, I don't say anything about Steelers fans bashing Flacco. In general (media in particular) there has been, to my mind, too much talk about Flacco's bad game and not enough talk about how there are plenty of other NFL QB's who would have been completely stifled by the game you guys played.

It almost seems like you're expecting me to be a jerk just b/c I'm a Ravens fan. It's football, man, we all love it, I just thought I'd chat with some Steelers fans. It's really hard just to have a regular conversation around here though, seems like the nicer folks immediately get drowned out.

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Very difficult for me to understand how you took the initial post as condescending or as anything other than a compliment.

If you read the initial post, I don't say anything about Steelers fans bashing Flacco. In general (media in particular) there has been, to my mind, too much talk about Flacco's bad game and not enough talk about how there are plenty of other NFL QB's who would have been completely stifled by the game you guys played.

It almost seems like you're expecting me to be a jerk just b/c I'm a Ravens fan. It's football, man, we all love it, I just thought I'd chat with some Steelers fans. It's really hard just to have a regular conversation around here though, seems like the nicer folks immediately get drowned out.

In my experience, fans of other teams don't make threads like this on their opponents forums unless they're directing their complaints towards the opposing fans. So that's why I took it the way that I did.

Stlrs4Life
01-24-2009, 04:18 PM
He wasn't bashing us for a second. Guys, take a chill pill.

LVSteelersfan
01-24-2009, 04:36 PM

No, you are overrating your soso quaterback and talking like he is the best one out there. He has proven nothing in my estimation. Let me see that offense open up and see what he does. He just plays safe and lets the defense do their job. Nothing wrong with that. Ben did the same thing as a rookie. We will see next year if he can step it up a notch. I am not sold on Flacco just like I am not sold on Brady Quinn. He has the tools but does he have the brains. We will see how he does with your defense aging, the loss of your defensive coordinator, and the sophomore jinx. BTW, that was just some chump rookie. If he was that great he never would have thrown that pass that Troy picked off. That was a chump pass by a chump rookie. There were two other defenders right behind Troy that could have just as easily picked that one off if you didn't notice. Flacco cost you that game. Face it. Now lets get back to talking about the Super Bowl which your team is not in because of your rookie QB.

Steelcitygal87
01-24-2009, 04:48 PM
He wasn't bashing us for a second. Guys, take a chill pill.

I agree with you. I don't understand what the big uproar is about. I never took this thread as he came here to bash us or to under mind our football intelligence, as some people seem to think he has. He seems more frustrated with the media in general going on and on about what a terrible game Flacco had, as if any other qb would have fared any better against our D. He came here just wanting to talk lol and people jumped all over him. I found nothing wrong with what he has said so far.

Go Steelers! :tt03::tt03:

i82much
01-24-2009, 04:51 PM
He seems more frustrated with the media in general going on and on about what a terrible game Flacco had, as if any other qb would have fared any better against our D.

I'd say you nailed it! Well, except for the part where I told the one guy he had a small wee-wee. My bad on that one.

Steelcitygal87
01-24-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd say you nailed it! Well, except for the part where I told the one guy he had a small wee-wee. My bad on that one.

LOL...yeah I wouldn't have recommended saying that :wink02:

steelerdave1969
01-24-2009, 04:54 PM
I dont bash Flacco at all, he is gonna be a nice player for the Ravens for a while I think..:hatsoff:

i82much
01-24-2009, 05:00 PM
I dont bash Flacco at all, he is gonna be a nice player for the Ravens for a while I think..:hatsoff:

Probably b/c you've seen enough of that defense to realize that everybody looks bad and not just Joey The Brow. I think he'll be good too. He forced some passes towards the end but hey we were losing and the clock is going to run out at some point - got to try to make a play and Troy was way ahead of him.

Most of the game he just looked downfield, the coverage was smothering and he'd just throw it away when somebody got in his face. Which I think is far more of a credit to your D than a knock on Flacco.

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 05:02 PM

Its cool man were all football fanatics, I have been playing the dozens for years its all in good fun. I mean our best friends usually get it worse than anyone.

TheSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Besides we all know that thing is a monster. Do you know what its like walking around all summer with pants on because you dont wanna get blamed for exposing yourself in public.

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 05:08 PM
He seems more frustrated with the media in general going on and on about what a terrible game Flacco had, as if any other qb would have fared any better against our D.

Short memory much???? One Phillip Rivers fared A LOT BETTER against this very same defense to the tune of 21/35 for 308 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT.

i82much
01-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Besides we all know that thing is a monster. Do you know what its like walking around all summer with pants on because you dont wanna get blamed for exposing yourself in public.

Glad we're cool man. And glad that stuff worked out for you :flap:

And do I know what it's like? How do you think I knew about that stuff in the first place?? :sofunny:

jjpro11
01-24-2009, 05:25 PM
i didnt bash him.. his season ended just like ben's in 2004... if anything, that should give ravens fans even more hope.

blue2noise
01-24-2009, 05:29 PM
What you guys do not realize that the original post was obviously made by Joe Flacco himself in an effort to find something to do with his new found abundance of free time.

i82much
01-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Not cool blue. I was hoping no one would figure that out.

Anyway, still can't find my helmet, but I'm off for a motorcycle ride ;)

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Short memory much???? One Phillip Rivers fared A LOT BETTER against this very same defense to the tune of 21/35 for 308 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT.and how much of that was in garbage time ?

Steelcitygal87
01-24-2009, 06:42 PM
and how much of that was in garbage time ?

Exactly. For 3 quarters he was non existent.

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 06:54 PM
and how much of that was in garbage time ?

Call it what you want, but we were still playing starters who were still trying to stop the Chargers. Of course, that 41 yard TD pass ON THEIR FIRST DRIVE was far from garbage time too. You can look at it any way you want, but the FACT still remains that Rivers had a WAY better game than Flacco against our D.

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Exactly. For 3 quarters he was non existent.

You're exactly right. I can't believe I was a fool enough to think that the first drive of the game actually counts. That drive alone separates Rivers from Flacco IMO.

ShutDown24
01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
It's all nonsense. Go back and look at Flacco's stats over the year and compare them to his numbers against your team. Flacco didn't play great but last weekend was a CLASSIC DEFENSIVE PERFORMANCE by your squad. And it was consistent with how Flacco performed against your defense - and ONLY your defense - all year.

my 2 cents. The kid will get better and you won't see that again, but make no mistake - that wasn't just some chump rookie quarterback laying an egg - that was a defensive tour de force. Seen a few of those watching my Ravens play and I know it when I see it.

Good luck in the Super Bowl, meaning, of course, I hope no one gets hurt and you don't lose too bad :flap:

I don't want to be mean... Honestly I don't. I know all of you fans down there love him, and he might get better - but the kid is average. It's not because he is a Raven that I'm saying that, it's true. I give him an A for effort and he's an alright quarterback but he got way too much credit for the Ravens success and he was drafted way too high. I saw him play horrible time after time this past season and they weren't "All" against the Steelers as you say. He played one of the worst games I've seen a quarterback play in a long time for two quarters when you guys played Washington. He also wasn't anything special in the two playoff wins of yours. The Titans gave the game away in the week prior to you losing to us and throughout the playoffs he didn't even manage the game anywhere close to well. You are right, he didn't lay an egg against us. He didn't lay an egg because that is the type of game you can expect from 'Average Joe' Flacco.

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 07:35 PM
You're exactly right. I can't believe I was a fool enough to think that the first drive of the game actually counts. That drive alone separates Rivers from Flacco IMO.

Jack - c'mon knock it off, k? Who the shit cares anyway? That game AND the Rats games are now pleasant distant memories. They're sitting on their azzes at home and will be watching the Super Bowl on their boob tubes and the Steelers will be participating in the game.

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 07:38 PM
P.S. On the topic of Joe Flacco - I have repeatedly given that young man props for his talent, his grittiness and especially his poise. The Rats have FINALLY found their QB and he's going to make his mark in this league - no doubt about it.

Pssst - someone may want to tell Mr. Flacco that he left something at Heinz Field. Our defense returned it to the stadium lost and found office and I'm sure he'll be able to retrieve it there. :chuckle:

http://www.northrup.org/Photos/caterpillar/low/spiny-black-caterpillar.jpg

BehindSteelCurtain
01-24-2009, 07:40 PM
No one is bashing Joe Flaxseed.

redst3
01-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Flaxseed is supposed to be good for you. Maybe he will improve the health of the Ravens.

Say what you want about the kid, he took em all the way down to the last part of the 4th quarter with a chance to make the Super Bowl. He improved greatly over the season and seemd to know his limitations. He might be decent in time. Remember he was a rookie.

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Jack - c'mon knock it off, k? Who the shit cares anyway? That game AND the Rats games are now pleasant distant memories. They're sitting on their azzes at home and will be watching the Super Bowl on their boob tubes and the Steelers will be participating in the game.

That's not my point at all. It's one thing for someone to say that Flacco had a bad game because of our defense. That statement is absolutely true. It's another thing for someone to say that any QB would've had that bad of a game, especially when Rivers had a way better game just one week earlier as evidenced by that first drive 41 yard TD throw(a beauty of a throw btw). That's downright BS. What happened to Flacco was in a big part due to our D, but he also played like a rookie. If yinz don't want to admit that there are other QB's who are capable of playing better against our D than Flacco did last Sunday, then you're fooling yourself. It doesn't mean they'd do good enough to beat us, but it does mean that they'd do better than 13 of 30 for 141 yards, ZERO TD's and THREE INT's. Excuse me for being a realist.

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 08:00 PM
That's not my point at all. It's one thing for someone to say that Flacco had a bad game because of our defense. That statement is absolutely true. It's another thing for someone to say that any QB would've had that bad of a game, especially when Rivers had a way better game just one week earlier as evidenced by that first drive 41 yard TD throw(a beauty of a throw btw). That's downright BS. What happened to Flacco was in a big part due to our D, but he also played like a rookie. If yinz don't want to admit that there are other QB's who are capable of playing better against our D than Flacco did last Sunday, then you're fooling yourself. It doesn't mean they'd do good enough to beat us, but it does mean that they'd do better than 13 of 30 for 141 yards, ZERO TD's and THREE INT's. Excuse me for being a realist.

I think you're nitpicking, but whatever. My point is - at this point, who really cares? So you didn't agree with SCG87's statement and that's your perogative. We all aren't going to agree on everything around here all the time. I just found your post to be a little snarkier than it really had to be.

OK - time to move forward and get ready for SBXLIII! :tt03::tt02:

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 08:03 PM
I think you're nitpicking, but whatever. My point is - at this point, who really cares? So you didn't agree with SCG87's statement and that's your perogative. We all aren't going to agree on everything around here all the time. I just found your post to be a little snarkier than it really had to be.

OK - time to move forward and get ready for SBXLIII! :tt03::tt02:

I won't deny that. That's one downfall of growing up in a mostly Italian household :chuckle:

i82much
01-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't want to be mean... Honestly I don't. I know all of you fans down there love him, and he might get better - but the kid is average. It's not because he is a Raven that I'm saying that, it's true. I give him an A for effort and he's an alright quarterback but he got way too much credit for the Ravens success and he was drafted way too high. I saw him play horrible time after time this past season and they weren't "All" against the Steelers as you say. He played one of the worst games I've seen a quarterback play in a long time for two quarters when you guys played Washington. He also wasn't anything special in the two playoff wins of yours. The Titans gave the game away in the week prior to you losing to us and throughout the playoffs he didn't even manage the game anywhere close to well. You are right, he didn't lay an egg against us. He didn't lay an egg because that is the type of game you can expect from 'Average Joe' Flacco.

Although I disagree, you weren't a d*ck about it so hey, fair enough. Besides, I think some of what you say is accurate - the guy is, at best, an average NFL QB. On the other hand, average is pretty good for a rookie, and in most of our games he made plays when he had to. The fact that he didn't make plays against your D in the 4th quarter I still say doesn't reflect poorly on the kid, because your D played so well. How many times did you see him drop back, look at 2 or 3 receivers, realize they were all covered, and throw the ball away? He started forcing the ball toward the end of the game because his receivers were ALWAYS covered. After watching that game I think your secondary is far better than it gets credit for, although some of that also reflects on our lack of a real #1 receiver.

I guess my feelings can be best summed up as follows:

1) I want Arizona to beat you.
2) I seriously doubt that will happen.
3) I was (unhappily) amazed by how good your D was in the AFC Championship game.
4) I'm really excited about the Ravens future.
5) I still say if you got offended by my first post it's because you have a small wee-wee :flap:

All in good fun, folks, all in good fun.

zsheik22
01-24-2009, 09:39 PM

All you hear about is how we lost the AFC championship at home. He's right.

i82much
01-24-2009, 09:49 PM
All you hear about is how we lost the AFC championship at home. He's right.

Maybe that's true of some folks. I think most Ravens fans would tell you we knew Ben was special that first year. The guy has ALWAYS had a knack for converting big 3rd downs, pushing off would-be sackers and finding the open receiver downfield for a big gain. Flacco has shown flashes of that knack and we're really excited here in B-more for just that reason.