PDA

View Full Version : Missing Rings

pghfrank1948
01-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I am watching the most depressing program in a football fans life, its called Missing Rings on the NFL channel. The Buffalo Bills four in a row losses and the Vikings failures man it makes me want to vomit. How could the average fan of those teams get through those years. I hope the Steelers start a trend at Arizona Cards, the missing ring 2008. Go Steelers !!!!:tt02:

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Steelers fans who remember the teams from the 60's and 80's seasons know all too well what most other NFL fans feel. The Rooneys and the great teams we have had for most of a 35 year span have spoiled us rotten and Steelers fans have come to demand and expect excellence every single season, which is illogical and unrealistic.

If you are a true fan of the team you support, whether it be the Steelers, Lions - hell even the Bungles - you support them through the bright days as well as the dark days.

tony hipchest
01-24-2009, 02:39 PM
i watched the bengals vs. 49ers earlier.

dick lebeaus squad held joe montana and the high powered 49ers offense to 6 points through 3 quarters.

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Missing Rings is about the best teams in the NFL not to win it all.

When Arizona loses, I don't think people will reflect back on the 9-7 2008 Cardinals as one of those teams.

7SteelGal43
01-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Watching the "Missing Rings" on the 98 Vikings really made me appreciate our D even more. The Vikings scored more points than any other team in a single season in NFL histroy that year, but had a D that pretty much allowed quite a few points. Carters thoughts were if their D could just slow down the opposing O a bit, the Viking offense would just outscore the other team. That didn't work out so well in the NFCCG though. Defense wins championships, I really believe that.

Stlrs4Life
01-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Watching the "Missing Rings" on the 98 Vikings really made me appreciate our D even more. The Vikings scored more points than any other team in a single season in NFL histroy that year, but had a D that pretty much allowed quite a few points. Carters thoughts were if their D could just slow down the opposing O a bit, the Viking offense would just outscore the other team. That didn't work out so well in the NFCCG though. Defense wins championships, I really believe that.

Watched them all today also. But how can Green actually say if the Vikings win that game and the SB, that they would be the best NFL team in 25 years?

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Steelers fans who remember the teams from the 60's and 80's seasons know all too well what most other NFL fans feel. The Rooneys and the great teams we have had for most of a 35 year span have spoiled us rotten and Steelers fans have come to demand and expect excellence every single season, which is illogical and unrealistic.

If you are a true fan of the team you support, whether it be the Steelers, Lions - hell even the Bungles - you support them through the bright days as well as the dark days.

As true as this is, I think the one guy in that newer Steelers Nation video describes it best. I'm paraphrasing but he said something along the lines of, "It's not about watching football. It's about winning the game. If you're not from Western Pennsylvania, you don't understand. You just don't understand who we are. We're like a different country, and we're fanatical fans and we expect to win" Unrealistic or not, that's just the way it goes, and it's one of the many driving forces that makes this franchise great. I would hate to see the Steelers fans be accepting of losers, like Chicago Cubs fans for example. We'll always support our boys in black n gold, but we'll never stray away from calling it how we see it. That's why Sweed got booed after faking the injury when he dropped the TD.

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Watched them all today also. But how can Green actually say if the Vikings win that game and the SB, that they would be the best NFL team in 25 years?

They weren't who he thought they were.

7SteelGal43
01-24-2009, 06:26 PM
They weren't who he thought they were.

:rofl:

WarnerToFitz
01-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Missing Rings is about the best teams in the NFL not to win it all.

When Arizona loses, I don't think people will reflect back on the 9-7 2008 Cardinals as one of those teams.

IF and a big IF. This is not a 9 and 7 team they shout it down after they won the division in week 10. Why they did is a mystery but it's no Joke to beat the teams they did this year I just hope your teams thinks they way you do and every team they have played in the playoffs this year. I guarantee you will surprised after they play win or or not this team is for real.

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm not knocking what they accomplished - only saying that they would not be considered one of the best teams to not win the Championship. Missing Rings is about those teams that were expected to win and didn't. You'd have to be abvsolutely clueless about football to say that describes the 2008 Cardinals.

WarnerToFitz
01-24-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm not knocking what they accomplished - only saying that they would not be considered one of the best teams to not win the Championship. Missing Rings is about those teams that were expected to win and didn't. You'd have to be abvsolutely clueless about football to say that describes the 2008 Cardinals.

Did say that? No I didn't.

P.S. Just how is the Panthers offseason going.:popcorn:

JackHammer
01-24-2009, 07:08 PM
IF and a big IF. This is not a 9 and 7 team they shout it down after they won the division in week 10. Why they did is a mystery but it's no Joke to beat the teams they did this year I just hope your teams thinks they way you do and every team they have played in the playoffs this year. I guarantee you will surprised after they play win or or not this team is for real.

If you think there's even a tiny chance that the Steelers would overlook the Cards, you have absolutely no clue what kind of coach Tomlin is. The Cards will get the undivided attention of the Steelers, THAT I can guarantee.

HughC
01-24-2009, 09:38 PM
It's one of those things that for whatever reason over the years, people now point their fingers at whoever loses the SB and says 'losers', 'chokers' and those teams get remembered negatively - even though they were better than the 30 other teams that did not make it that far. Seems rather unfair, and completely unsportsmanlike, but a lot of people think that way - apparently their way of making themselves feel better about themselves, by pointing out someone else's shortcomings.