PDA

View Full Version : Jello Shots

sTLRfN65
01-24-2009, 02:33 PM
We are having a Steelers filled Superbowl Party and would like to serve Black & Gold Jello Shots. Any suggestions on the Black shots?

TailgateMel
01-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Here is how I did my black & gold jello shot

Gold (easy part)
1 pkg Pineapple Jello
1 cup hot water
1/4 cup cold water
3/4 cup malibu rum

Black
1 pkg Black Cherry Jello
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup cranberry vodka
add black food coloring to the mix before putting in cups

I bought the black food color at Giant Eagle in Cranberry.
It is made by McCormick LINK (http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Food-Colors/Black-Food-Color.aspx)

sTLRfN65
01-25-2009, 11:11 AM
MMMMMM! Sounds good - I can't wait!!:tt:

Steelergirl80
01-31-2009, 08:54 AM
I was thinking of trying this for the Black shots

Rum and Coke Jello Shots

6 ounces Cherry Jello
8 ounces Cola (boiling)
8 ounces Cola (cold)
8 ounces White Rum

Mix the jello mix with the boiling cola until the powder is fully dissolved and then add the rest of the cola and the rum. At this point, you may wish to stir the mixture again until the bubbles begin to subside. Pour the mixture into either shot glasses or paper cups. Shot glasses are more attractive, but the paper cups are easier to eat from. This mixture will take slightly longer to set than the traditional jello mixture.

SteelCityKing
01-31-2009, 11:57 AM
I was thinking of trying this for the Black shots

Rum and Coke Jello Shots

6 ounces Cherry Jello
8 ounces Cola (boiling)
8 ounces Cola (cold)
8 ounces White Rum

Mix the jello mix with the boiling cola until the powder is fully dissolved and then add the rest of the cola and the rum. At this point, you may wish to stir the mixture again until the bubbles begin to subside. Pour the mixture into either shot glasses or paper cups. Shot glasses are more attractive, but the paper cups are easier to eat from. This mixture will take slightly longer to set than the traditional jello mixture.

i never thought of that. that would be AWESOME! haha!

we're having black and gold Jello shots, but we're going for a Hawaiin themed Super Bowl party. pineapple is a given for the gold shots, black should be rum and coke. nice idea. thank you much. =)

SC Steeler Steve
01-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Damn y'all better not shoot to many of those things...You might miss the game...:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::rofl::rof l::rofl::tt03::tt03::tt03:

GO STEELERS