PDA

View Full Version : Look out! The Cardinals are coming

WarnerToFitz
01-24-2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAEvCzitDHc

This should be a great game. Your defense is great so is the Cardinals offense. Good luck and enjoy the game. :drink:

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 06:32 PM
That music sounds like it should be accompanied by video of Ralph Macchio working out in a thong.

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2009, 06:34 PM
:jerkit: does this belong in the steeler section....blast furnace.....:popcorn:

WarnerToFitz
01-24-2009, 06:34 PM
That music sounds like it should be accompanied by video of Ralph Macchio working out in a thong.

Panther95 ????????? did you jump ship after the beating the Cardinals put on your boys. :popcorn:

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 06:42 PM
I think the Panthers probably lost 95% of their fanbase after getting spanked by the lowly Cardinals.

WarnerToFitz
01-24-2009, 06:46 PM
I think the Panthers probably lost 95% of their fanbase after getting spanked by the lowly Cardinals.

Your sarcasm aside I would never do that.

ShutDown24
01-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Panther95 ????????? did you jump ship after the beating the Cardinals put on your boys. :popcorn:

I've always thought his name was related to the Pitt Panthers... You know, the team you stole... I mean drafted Larry Fitzgerald from? :flap:

It should be a good game, but like the Chargers and Ravens I think the Cardinals just run out of gas here. It's been a good run, but the Steelers are five time Super owl champions and the Cardinals have what, seven guys who have made it to a conference championship before? A few with rings? (Most of them being cut from our squad)

beSteelmyheart
01-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for stopping by with well wishes, I hope it's a good game, too. It will be interesting to see what the Whiz & Mr LeBeau throw at each other. I liked Whiz & his trick plays & am glad to see him bringing such success to another team that really needed it.

SteelCityMom
01-24-2009, 07:16 PM
You guys need to get some better quality videos for sure...

Here's what the Cards have waiting for them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMh3YpAKrCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHksHAG3XvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23NIWEnLkLw

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Your defense is great so is the Cardinals offense. Good luck and enjoy the game. :drink:

The Cardinals offense is good, but I wouldn't put them in the "great category" just yet. I'm sure the Cheats* would also agree. :chuckle:

The Steelers #1 Defense IS great and have more than proven that throughout this season. :tt02:

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 08:31 PM

Sorry, but I'd rather here from real Steelers fans! :popcorn:

The Cardinals offense is good, but I wouldn't put them in the "great category" just yet. I'm sure the Cheats* would also agree. :chuckle:

The Steelers #1 Defense IS great and have more than proven that throughout this season. :tt02:
That was antirely different situation with a team that clearly didn't care. If you team goes into this game thinking that, you are going to be in serious trouble!

Cards can pass the ball. Dont pee your pants thinking the entire offense is great.

Maybe, but I still expect that we'll run it as much as pass it. You know, mix things up a bit. :wink02:

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry, but I'd rather here from real Steelers fans! :popcorn:

"here" ???

Me thinks you'd rather be a real Steelers fan.

Steelers fans aren't like Cards fans, we don't jump ship year to year from one team to another like you guys jump from being football fans to non-football fans.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 08:36 PM
"here" ???

Me thinks you'd rather be a real Steelers fan.

Hear not here! Brain fart! :flap:

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 08:37 PM
That was antirely different situation with a team that clearly didn't care. If you team goes into this game thinking that, you are going to be in serious trouble!

Believe me, I take NO team lightly and I know for certain the Steelers don't either. All I am saying is that I don't believe your O is in the "great" category, as it is pretty one-dimensional. Lebeau and his D will exploit that single dimension and me thinks it is the Cards who are going to be in trouble. :chuckle:

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 08:42 PM
That was an entirely different situation with a team that clearly didn't care. If your team goes into this game thinking that, you are going to be in serious trouble!

Believe me, I take NO team lightly and I know for certain the Steelers don't either. All I am saying is that I don't believe your O is in the "great" category, as it is pretty one-dimensional. Lebeau and his D will exploit that single dimension and me thinks it is the Cards who are going to be in trouble. :chuckle:
Sorry about the typos! :doh:

Excellent passing game with a passible running game (right now). Borderline great overall. Well, we will mix it up and make it a bit more unpredictible. :popcorn:

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 08:43 PM
A horrendous running game - right now. Cards are averaging fewer yards per carry in the playoffs than they did in the regular season (in which they ranked 31st).

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 08:45 PM
A horrendous running game - right now.

Not really, just not great and we haven't seen a long run yet. That doesn't mean Edge, Hightower, or Arrington can't break one off tho.

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh I see, good running game - only thing missing was the yardage.

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Not really, just not great and we haven't seen a long run yet. That doesn't mean Edge, Hightower, or Arrington can't break one off tho.

Maybe against the Bungles or Lions D's but not against the Steelers top ranked D. Sorry.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Oh I see, good running game if they only had gained some yardage.

We've outrushed our first 3 playoff opponents including your Panthers. :popcorn:

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 08:49 PM
If you played the Pitt Panthers, you might have a shot.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Maybe against the Bungles or Lions D's but not against the Steelers top ranked D. Sorry.

That depends on how much your defense plays the pass. :wink02:

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 08:51 PM

Yeah, you're probably right!

Pitt Panthers > Carolina Panthers

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Pitt Panthers > Cardinals > Carolina Panthers

JackHammer

I'm gonna quote myself from another thread where I think it was WarnerToFitz who said just about the same thing you just said:

If you think there's even a tiny chance that the Steelers would overlook the Cards, you have absolutely no clue what kind of coach Tomlin is. The Cards will get the undivided attention of the Steelers, THAT I can guarantee.

Texasteel
Sorry about the typos! :doh:

Excellent passing game with a passible running game (right now). Borderline great overall. Well, we will mix it up and make it a bit more unpredictible. :popcorn:

For a week I heard that we should fear the Chargers great offence, then we should be afraid of the Ravens great defence. Now we are suppose to be afraid of an other offence that is GREAT because they have had a couple good games. Sorry, not buying it.

TeeJay
01-24-2009, 08:54 PM

Not even against The Permian Panthers!! :wink02:

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Pitt Panthers > Cardinals > Carolina Panthers

Arizona Cardinals >Pitt Panthers (Is Dave Wannstedt still the coach?)> Carolina Panthers

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Do i need to post this again?

A couple statistics in the playoffs:

vs. Atlanta's 25th ranked rush defense: Arizona produces 86 rush yards on 28 attempts for an average of 3.07 yards per carry

vs. Carolina's 20th ranked rush defense: Arizona produces 145 rush yards on 43 attempts for an average of 3.37 yards per carry

vs. Philly's 4th ranked rush defense: Arizona produces 102 rush yards on 29 attempts for an average of 3.52 yards per carry

Kurt Warner was 21-28 against the Eagles with 279 yards and 4 TD's, no picks. Of course they're gonna play pass. None of these defenses are in the same conversation of the Steelers. This is one of the better defenses of all time.

We out rushed each of those teams as well. We rushed better against the 4th ranked rush defense than we did the 25th ranked defense. Safe to say these Cardinals are getting better every week? :noidea:

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Better?

Cards' running game has gotten worse in the playoffs. Your 31st ranked 3.5 yards per carry has dropped to 3.33 ypc.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Better?

Cards' running game has gotten worse in the playoffs. Your 31st ranked 3.5 yards per carry has dropped to 3.33 ypc.

average of 3.07 yards per carry

average of 3.37 yards per carry

vs. Philly's 4th ranked rush defense: Arizona produces 102 rush yards on 29 attempts for an average of 3.52 yards per carry

I stand by my comment.

CPanther95
01-24-2009, 10:56 PM
You can stand by your comment, but your own stats refute it.

X-Terminator
01-24-2009, 11:00 PM
average of 3.07 yards per carry

average of 3.37 yards per carry

I stand by my comment.

So I guess then this means you think AZ is going to put up better rushing numbers against the Steelers' #2 ranked rush D just because they "got better."

Good luck with that.

And I'm getting more than a little annoyed with you and especially 82CardsGrad completely underestimating the Steelers' D when they have shut down top offenses all season long. You seem to think that the Cards are just going to have their way with the D when no one else has been able to do it all season, just because you have a couple of good wideouts. Well, the Chargers have a couple of good wideouts and a stud TE. The Pats* have a couple of good wideouts. The Colts have a couple of good wideouts and a stud TE. The Bungles have a couple of good wideouts (OK, ONE good wideout and an overrated headcase). The Cowgirls have a headcase but great WR and a stud TE. Houston has a great wideout, an above average one and an above average TE. All of those offenses struggled against the Steelers' D and had it not been for Ben's 3 INTs in the Colts game, they would have beaten all of them. Also, all of those teams except the Bungles tried to spread the Steelers' D out and none of them were successful except for Rivers in garbage time in the divisional playoff game and P. Manning AT TIMES in their game. So go ahead and keep underestimating them.

And before you even say it, NO, I do not take the Cardinals lightly. One bit. And I can guaran-damn-tee you that Mike Tomlin will not take them lightly either.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 11:09 PM
So I guess then this means you think AZ is going to put up better rushing numbers against the Steelers' #2 ranked rush D just because they "got better."

Good luck with that.

And I'm getting more than a little annoyed with you and especially 82CardsGrad completely underestimating the Steelers' D when they have shut down top offenses all season long. You seem to think that the Cards are just going to have their way with the D when no one else has been able to do it all season, just because you have a couple of good wideouts. Well, the Chargers have a couple of good wideouts and a stud TE. The Pats* have a couple of good wideouts. The Colts have a couple of good wideouts and a stud TE. The Bungles have a couple of good wideouts (OK, ONE good wideout and an overrated headcase). The Cowgirls have a headcase but great WR and a stud TE. Houston has a great wideout, an above average one and an above average TE. All of those offenses struggled against the Steelers' D and had it not been for Ben's 3 INTs in the Colts game, they would have beaten all of them. Also, all of those teams except the Bungles tried to spread the Steelers' D out and none of them were successful except for Rivers in garbage time in the divisional playoff game and P. Manning AT TIMES in their game. So go ahead and keep underestimating them.

And before you even say it, NO, I do not take the Cardinals lightly. One bit. And I can guaran-damn-tee you that Mike Tomlin will not take them lightly either.

Look through my replys, I haven't been "underestimating" your defense at all. With that said tho, we have the 2 best WRs in the league and comparing them to any other combo in the league is laughable! We have a great 3rd option that would do well as a primary on some teams. I'm not "underestimating" your Steelers, but at the same time I do think you are taking our passing game "lightly." Hopefully the Steelers will on Super Bowl Sunday as well. :popcorn:

drizze99
01-24-2009, 11:17 PM
I must say that fight song is weak sauce. So is the one old fashioned song with the bird chirping. C'mon people is that the best you got?

I guess I am spoiled with all the music we get for Da Stillers

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 11:19 PM
I must say that fight song is weak sauce. So is the one old fashioned song with the bird chirping. C'mon people is that the best you got?

I guess I am spoiled with all the music we get for Da Stillers

I don't even know what you are talking about!
Why don't we just compare cheerleaders too while we're at it? :flap:

X-Terminator
01-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Look through my replys, I haven't been "underestimating" your defense at all. With that said tho, we have the 2 best WRs in the league and comparing them to any other combo in the league is laughable! We have a great 3rd option that would do well as a primary on some teams. I'm not "underestimating" your Steelers, but at the same time I do think you are taking our passing game "lightly." Hopefully the Steelers will on Super Bowl Sunday as well. :popcorn:

How the hell am I taking your passing game "lightly?" Why don't you actually read what I said - I said the Steelers' D has been stopping top offenses all season long and gave some examples. What makes you think the Cards' offense is going to pass all over the Steelers when no one else has been able to do it this season? They've allowed just ONE 300 yard passer ALL SEASON, and that was Rivers in the playoff game in which he got the bulk of those yards in garbage time when the Steelers had an 18-point lead. They were the top ranked pass D for a reason. But according to you, the Cards are going to pass the ball all over the lot. OOOOOOK. Yeah, I'd call that "underestimating" our pass defense.

Trust me when I tell you - the Steelers WILL NOT...repeat...WILL NOT take the Cardinals' passing game lightly. If you think they will, then you don't know jack shit about Mike Tomlin. He WILL NOT allow the team to lack focus going into the game. Take it to the bank. It doesn't mean they're automatically going to win the game, because as we all found out last season, anything can happen in the SB. But believe me...they will be ready to play.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 11:23 PM
How the hell am I taking your passing game "lightly?" Why don't you actually read what I said - I said the Steelers' D has been stopping top offenses all season long and gave some examples. What makes you think the Cards' offense is going to pass all over the Steelers when no one else has been able to do it this season? They've allowed just ONE 300 yard passer ALL SEASON, and that was Rivers in the playoff game in which he got the bulk of those yards in garbage time when the Steelers had an 18-point lead. They were the top ranked pass D for a reason. But according to you, the Cards are going to pass the ball all over the lot. OOOOOOK. Yeah, I'd call that "underestimating" our pass defense.

You sure did! Combos that don't compare to our trio!
I never said that bolded quote either! :screwy:

X-Terminator
01-24-2009, 11:27 PM
You sure did! Combos that don't compare to our trio!
I never said that bolded quote either! :screwy:

Pointing out that other teams the Steelers have played have good combos means I'm comparing them? Really? I did nothing of the sort - merely posting examples of teams with good offensive weapons is not the same thing as comparing the individual units. Try again.

No, you didn't say that bolded comment, but you and that other Cards fan sure as hell are implying it.

IAWarnerFan
01-24-2009, 11:44 PM
OK, but you are mentioning it. It seems like you do realize that our passing attack is more potent and just because you shut down those offenses doesn't mean your defense will do as well against us.

How am I implying it? :noidea:

LVSteelersfan
01-24-2009, 11:49 PM
I suppose you are trying to tell us that one of the greatest receiving combos in the history of the league in Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark is not better than your guys. Of course you would be wrong but think what you want to think. Your guys will probably score 10-14 points. Period. Believe or don't believe. You will believe by next Sunday night. Some of you are obviously pretty damn full of yourselves and your 9-7 team. Sorry, the Steelers D will be ready and Warner will be lucky to get the ball much at all in this game. You THINK your team played great defenses but you have no idea what great defenses are. If you would have played the likes of the Titans, Ravens, Steelers in these playoffs, your team would not be in the Super Bowl. Your defense is not up to par and you will find that out when the Steelers totally dominate time of possession and keep Warner and company off the field. Wouldn't matter if you had the 10 best receivers ever in the game. If they are not on the field, they cannot score. Steelers play TOP ball which your team has no concept of. Your defense is PERFECT to control the clock on which is the Steelers SPECIALTY.

fansince'76
01-24-2009, 11:52 PM
You sure did! Combos that don't compare to our trio! :

If your receiving combo is so "incomparable" and so "unstoppable" and so far and away better than any other receiving corps in the league, why did the Cards only manage a 9-7 record and only a 3-7 record outside of their own division? You caught lightning in a bottle and made it to the Super Bowl. Congrats on that. But please, give it a rest and get real already. :coffee:

GodofGridiron
01-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Heres what i think will happen.

The first series if we open on defense is we'll feel em out and see what formations they come out in. Get a feel for how the Cards operate on offense. I think during the second series Warner and Co will try to pull out some stops and come at us. But i think if we can get some hits--not necessarily sacks-- during that second and third series, we can set a tone. If the Cardinals by half time havent scored more than 14, the prospects look good for a win. The key is how well we disguise the zone blitzes, show them something that havent planned for and get Warner guessing as to where the opportunities lie. If he gets tagged (hit) at least 5 times by the third quarter, theyll likely hold in an extra to provide protection. Warner is at his worst when hes being pounded on or when he has to move and cant set his feet. Look at the pressure Minny exerted in stretches of the game in Glendale.

Disrupt timing...........their success is tied to timing. Speakin of Warner and his receivers. Boldin will be a target especially on crucial third downs. But again, we need to punish them when they make the catches because at some point in this game (which i expect to be physical) the pounding will take a toll and a head will rurn faster than the ball gets received and tucked bringing about a drop or better yet, dislodge and a fumble.

If we attack them and disrupt them the way we did vs New England, and we can generate 4 yrds avg on rushing plays, this game wont be a contest by 4th quarter. I fully expect a huge game by Harrison or Woodley and Troy. I see a big day comin............

IAWarnerFan
01-25-2009, 12:15 AM
If your receiving combo is so "incomparable" and so "unstoppable" and so far and away better than any other receiving corps in the league, why did the Cards only manage a 9-7 record and only a 3-7 record outside of their own division? You caught lightning in a bottle and made it to the Super Bowl. Congrats on that. But please, give it a rest and get real already. :coffee:

Defense! The Cardinals scored well over 400 points, but gave up that many as well! Even in the playoffs the defense hasn't been all that great. :popcorn:

IAWarnerFan
01-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Why did u move from talking about the cardinal's passing attack to "other offenses?" Is it because you know the cardinals have no running game? The '08 Steelers have one of the better defenses of ALL TIME. You cant beat them by going one dimensional. Period.

You're right! The Cardinsls are going to have to run the ball as well. I didn't bring up other offenses X-Terminator did.

SteelersinCA
01-25-2009, 01:41 AM
If you think Steve Breaston would be a primary receiver on another NFL team, you are on crack. He'd be a #2 at best. Maybe if he progresses in a couple years, but to say he's a #1 WR on another NFL team is ridiculous.

IAWarnerFan
01-25-2009, 02:03 AM
If you think Steve Breaston would be a primary receiver on another NFL team, you are on crack. He'd be a #2 at best. Maybe if he progresses in a couple years, but to say he's a #1 WR on another NFL team is ridiculous.

I could name at least a few teams he'd have a very good shot at being the top WR if you really want me to. There's probably a few of them.

GodofGridiron
01-25-2009, 02:09 AM
OK, but you are mentioning it. It seems like you do realize that our passing attack is more potent and just because you shut down those offenses doesn't mean your defense will do as well against us.

Why was Minnesota so effective at controlling your offense at home ? Why did Philly have so much success on Thanksgiving and in the second half of the playoff contest ? New England ?

Im gonna throw out some numbers at you.........7.......thats the number of offenses the Steelers played that were in the top 11 in all of the NFL.

Heres some more numbers ...73, 149, 22, 90 and 130.

Those numbers represent the yardage BENEATH game averages that the Steelers defense held some of those opponents in the top 11. I could go on.........but most would already understand my point. The best comparison of offense and firepower i could come up with would be the Patriots. They like to spread defenses out and go with slants and bubble screens and occasionally go vertical with Randy. Held them to 10 pts. IN FOXBORO.

Not sayin the Cards dont have a chance.......just saying its highly unlikely you'll have the offensive output youve come to expect. And im very curious to see how the Cardinals deal with pressure if they should fall behind by two scores or more in this game and have to play uphill.

IAWarnerFan
01-25-2009, 02:27 AM
Why was Minnesota so effective at controlling your offense at home ? Why did Philly have so much success on Thanksgiving and in the second half of the playoff contest ? New England ?

Im gonna throw out some numbers at you.........7.......thats the number of offenses the Steelers played that were in the top 11 in all of the NFL.

Heres some more numbers ...73, 149, 22, 90 and 130.

Those numbers represent the yardage BENEATH game averages that the Steelers defense held some of those opponents in the top 11. I could go on.........but most would already understand my point. The best comparison of offense and firepower i could come up with would be the Patriots. They like to spread defenses out and go with slants and bubble screens and occasionally go vertical with Randy. Held them to 10 pts. IN FOXBORO.

Not sayin the Cards dont have a chance.......just saying its highly unlikely you'll have the offensive output youve come to expect. And im very curious to see how the Cardinals deal with pressure if they should fall behind by two scores or more in this game and have to play uphill.
It seemed like once the Cardinals got close to wrapping up the division they stopped playing as hard and sometimes the defense didn't even show up.

Well now you'll get to go up against another top offense in the Super Bowl.

Look I'm not about to badmouth your defense, I truly respect it. I'm just interested on how it will do against our offfense.

I'm not expecting the same output. I'm just hoping the Cardinals have enough to keep it close with a chance to win it at the end. If the Cardinals were to get down early, there's no other QB I'd rather have in that situation.

sherlock
01-25-2009, 04:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAEvCzitDHc

This should be a great game. Your defense is great so is the Cardinals offense. Good luck and enjoy the game. :drink:

Good luck next Sunday..... but hopefully you lose and change your forum name to.............WarnerToFitzInterceptedbyIke/Troy/Deshea/Tyronne/etc :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
01-25-2009, 10:26 AM

Well, you sure seem to think that just because you have the alleged "best WR combo in the NFL" that they can't be stopped. It isn't in what you say, but HOW you say it. We get that they're good, OK? We've only heard it about 5 million times in the last week alone. But it doesn't automatically mean that they're going to get fat against the Steelers' D. That's really all I'm saying. They deserve a little bit more respect than that given what they've accomplished up to this point.