PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Dekker who is a Pittsburgh Steeler on IR arrested in Alexandria

mesaSteeler
01-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Pittsburgh Steeler arrested in Alexandria
January 24, 2009 - 5:08pm
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1584020

WASHINGTON—A Pittsburgh Steelers player was arrested early Saturday morning in Alexandria, Va.

Police say Jonathan Dekker was charged with obstruction of justice after police responded to a complaint at 3:30 this morning.

Police have not released information about the nature of the complaint. However, when police arrived to the scene Dekker reportedly tried to run from officers, but was apprehended.

He was released from police custody at 10:30 this morning on a $1,000 cash bond. He is expected to attend a hearing scheduled for February 2.

Dekker is a tight end with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He suffered a knee injury during training camp last summer and has been on injured reserve for the season.

(Copyright 2009 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

KeiselPower99
01-24-2009, 06:24 PM
He tried to run and got caught hmmmmwonder if it had something to do with his knee??

Preacher
01-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Tried to run?

Bye bye. Might was well run from Pittsburgh.

Its one thing to be an idiot in the moment. Then to multiply it stupidity by running from the police? Nope, don't need it, don't want it.

OneForTheToe
01-24-2009, 06:54 PM
If he can't outrun the police then he probably can't beat a safety down the middle. :wink02:

On the positive side, at least he is not a "pimp-daddy." Whatever happend to Richard Siegler? Prison? Working for the Cowboys in procurement?:toofunny:

mesaSteeler
01-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Tried to run?

Its one thing to be an idiot in the moment. Then to multiply it stupidity by running from the police? Nope, don't need it, don't want it.

Not to worry I'm sure the Cardinals will pick him up.

silverbackattack
01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Tried to run?

We don't really need pot smoking either but guess what, if the boy can play tightend and he's not in jail he'll be at training camp.

The Duke
01-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Well there goes his chance to be a mighty steeler....

but hey, now you fit with the bungles :thumbsup:

jjpro11
01-24-2009, 07:34 PM
that sucks.. he was one of the nicest players at training camp and signed for everyone when i was there.. he even apologized for breaking someone's pen.

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2009, 07:51 PM
adios decker....:coffee:

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Though running from the 5-0 is not only stupidity at its finest, but reeks of guilt, I'd like to hear what the original complaint is all about before I throw him off the bus.

Preacher
01-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Though running from the 5-0 is not only stupidity at its finest, but reeks of guilt, I'd like to hear what the original complaint is all about before I throw him off the bus.

I don't know HTG... Running from the police i think almost does it for me immediately.

After all, if he couldn't run from some middle-aged cop... How can he run away from for a LB when he catches a ball? :chuckle:

stillers4me
01-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Harrison and Tone manned up. Only idiots run from the cops.

HometownGal
01-24-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't know HTG... Running from the police i think almost does it for me immediately.

After all, if he couldn't run from some middle-aged cop... How can he run away from for a LB when he catches a ball? :chuckle:

I'm not saying that what he did was smart and as I alluded to - makes him look even more guilty of whatever he is accused of doing in the first place. I just want a little more info on the original charge(s) before I pass judgment. Thus far, we know very little. If he did whatever he is accused of doing, then I agree - toss his ass outta here.

He should have offered the cop a donut or two instead of running. :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
01-24-2009, 09:49 PM
I bet he was drunk and it was a domestic disturbance.

jev7452
01-24-2009, 10:47 PM
well i had a friend get arrested the other night when the cops had gotten called for a noise violation because of a small house party and they thought he was resisting arrest, which he wasnt, so everyone should really wait to figure what happened before jumping all over him

JPSEMP
01-24-2009, 10:55 PM
He may be so dedicated to his rehab that he went out at 0330 hrs for a light jog which due to amazing misfortune took him past a bar where the police had just arrived on a disorderly conduct complaint and mistaked my client, I mean Jonathan, for the wrong man. Yea I think thats how it went down.

LVSteelersfan
01-24-2009, 11:04 PM
He may be so dedicated to his rehab that he went out at 0330 hrs for a light jog which due to amazing misfortune took him past a bar where the police had just arrived on a disorderly conduct complaint and mistaked my client, I mean Jonathan, for the wrong man. Yea I think thats how it went down.

Yeah, that's the ticket. :wink02:

Preacher
01-24-2009, 11:05 PM

:toofunny:

Thank goodness Ward wasn't rehabbing with him.

jev7452
01-24-2009, 11:05 PM

hahah sounds bout right to me!

mesaSteeler
01-24-2009, 11:19 PM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2009/01/whats-big-deal.html

What's the big deal?
From the AP: ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Jonathan Dekker was arrested early Saturday and charged with obstruction of justice.
Dekker, who injured his knee in August and spent the season on injured reserve, was released on $1,000 bond, police said.

Police said they responded to a complaint at 3:30 a.m. near Old Town Alexandria. When they arrived, police said, Dekker tried to flee but was apprehended.

Police did not provide details of the complaint. A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Dekker played three games for the Steelers in 2007. He was signed by the Steelers in 2006 as a free agent from Princeton and spent that season on the practice squad.
Pittsburgh plays Arizona in the Super Bowl on Feb. 1.

The Steelers put Dekker on injured reserve after he tore knee ligaments, but his chances of making their final roster weren't great. He's a receiving threat at tight end, not a blocker.

But that won't stop some from saying this will be a distraction for the Steelers as they prepare for the Super Bowl.

Puhleez. Dekker has spent time in Pittsburgh rehabbing his knee, but he's hardly relevant in the grand scheme of things.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 8:49 PM

redst3
01-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Bye Bye Black and Gold, Hello Black and Orange (Jumpsuit)

Galax Steeler
01-25-2009, 06:27 AM
I hate to see him get in trouble but I don't think it will be a big lose for us we have better players then him.

stlrtruck
01-25-2009, 08:10 AM
I can see it now as he stands before the judge.

Judge: Son, what were you thinking? Running? You are suppose to be part of a class organization. Since you couldn't handle responsibility, I'm sentencing you to 4 years as a cincinnati bengal.

Dekker: Sir, I'd rather go to jail.

Judge: I know, but let this teach you a lesson

Dekker: But the bengals suck!!!

HometownGal
01-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Puhleez. Dekker has spent time in Pittsburgh rehabbing his knee, but he's hardly relevant in the grand scheme of things.

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner. :applaudit:

Fire Haley
01-25-2009, 08:15 AM
I can guarantee one thing - ESPN News will be running Steeler Arrested! all day long.

KeiselPower99
01-25-2009, 10:37 AM
I thought Princeton taught people better then this??

Edman
01-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Bye bye Dekker. It's a shame.

Preacher
01-25-2009, 11:23 AM
I thought Princeton taught people better then this??

Well, it IS in Jersey!

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
in other news:

one of the steelers practice tackling dummies fell off the truck and was lost in transit to the airport.

word around the practice facility is that smith, harrison, and woodley had broken it in real well and it will be sorely missed.

distraction?

:noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2009, 11:45 AM

People forget that your not running from a cop born in the 70's....your also running from a cruiser built in 2005.

:laughing::laughing:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2009, 11:50 AM
in other news:

one of the steelers practice tackling dummies fell off the truck and was lost in transit to the airport.

Update on your story

CINCINATTI: AP Report-
Jan 25 2009

Marvin Lewis has planned a press conference at approximately 4:00 pm to announce the signing of a slightly banged up tackling dummy. Lewis is reported to be very pleased with the signing thinking that the dummy can serve a dual purpose by tutoring Chad Henry on how to read a playbook.

tony hipchest
01-25-2009, 11:54 AM
:toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny: