PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman in Venuzuela using Kittens as shark bait.

T.Richardson
01-25-2009, 10:00 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhY1mklZay2oBA9QN9

When they were asked why they used kittens as bait, it really p'd me off. wtf? These guys are Americans too! jeesh!

The video is pretty disturbing...

SteelCurtain7
01-25-2009, 10:03 PM
I think these guys need to be shark bait. Seriously. :mad:

hindes204
01-25-2009, 10:25 PM
OK, I'm not a big fan of PETA, and im not a big fan of cats, buts these people need to be hung upside down by their family jewels

tony hipchest
01-25-2009, 11:42 PM
disgusting.

i thought sharks were a protected species.

who the hell eats a shark anyways?!?!?!?

augustashark
01-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Large shark lure = $20.00

Kitten from shelter = free

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-26-2009, 02:53 AM
Large shark lure = $20.00

Kitten from shelter = free

not even funny dude... They should be used as shark bait and see how they like it. I don't understand how people can be that evil, says a lot about where the world is headed.

JackHammer
01-26-2009, 04:39 AM
I can't say what I'd do to these punk a$$ pieces of $hit. If you want an idea though, watch Hostel.

Steelcitygal87
01-26-2009, 05:32 AM
:mad::mad: DISGUSTING.

I love cats. Over the years I have gotten quite a few of them from my local animal shelter( only have one now...her name is Abby). To think..... there are people everywhere who rescue cats from animal shelters every day, wanting to give them a better life, and then you have people who get the evil thought to do something like this.....makes me sick to my stomach.

Godfather
01-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Okay, somebody needs to explain this one to me.
Why is it cruel to use a kitten as shark bait as opposed to a frog or a mackerel?
Is it just because kittens are cute?

Smaller fish exist to be eaten by bigger fish. Cats are companion animals.

The Duke
01-26-2009, 12:13 PM
There is nothing I loathe more than people who hurt animals. :banging:

They should just use themselves as bait. They are a waste of human air

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-26-2009, 02:02 PM
"Companion animals"? In some countries, cats are "what's for dinner".
In other countries, the most revered and protected animal is the exact same one that I'm snackin' on right now.
It's all relative.

I think the only reason why everyone is offended is because kittens are cute.

With that kind of logic it would be O.K. to use human babies as bait. After all in some countries cannibalism exists right?

Fish, squid, etc. live in the ocean and are part of the sharks natural diet. You would be hard pressed to find a sea kitten.

MasterOfPuppets
01-26-2009, 02:33 PM
With that kind of logic it would be O.K. to use human babies as bait. After all in some countries cannibalism exists right?

Fish, squid, etc. live in the ocean and are part of the sharks natural diet. You would be hard pressed to find a sea kitten.i caught one, in the chesapeake bay last year......

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3407/freshwaterfishrohuqh4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MasterOfPuppets
01-26-2009, 02:38 PM
disgusting.

i thought sharks were a protected species.

who the hell eats a shark anyways?!?!?!?:toofunny:

Crushzilla
01-26-2009, 02:44 PM
"Companion animals"? In some countries, cats are "what's for dinner".
In other countries, the most revered and protected animal is the exact same one that I'm snackin' on right now.
It's all relative.

I think the only reason why everyone is offended is because kittens are cute.

:yawn:

You know the difference.

MACH1
01-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Here kitty, kitty :fishing:

kittenfantastico76
01-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I can't even begin to say what I would do to these people!!!!

Borski
01-26-2009, 06:23 PM
I have a cat and Love it but I do kinda agree with Slash27.

what gives us the right to tell fisherman in Venuzuela that they cant use "x" animal as bait just because we keep them as pets in America? Some people are discsuted that people eat Pigs or other hoved animals.

What is right in America might not be right in other parts of the world and vice versa.

MasterOfPuppets
01-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I have a cat and Love it but I do kinda agree with Slash27.

what gives us the right to tell fisherman in Venuzuela that they cant use "x" animal as bait just because we keep them as pets in America? Some people are discsuted that people eat Pigs or other hoved animals.

What is right in America might not be right in other parts of the world and vice versa.but i bet these "kity sympothizers" don't think one way or the other about people feeding live rodents and chickens to thier pet snakes.....:popcorn:

MACH1
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Yummm steak.

http://www.babalog.com/archives/calf3.jpg

fansince'76
01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
If chickens were as cute as kittens....

http://videodetective.com/photos/348/001461_29.jpg

I resent that remark!

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Sorry, no dice. Kittens aren't humans

Your rationale was that what is considered taboo by us is normal for them. Like I said, cannibalism is "normal" to some people.

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2009, 08:02 PM
This is a morality question.

Lets examine the facts behind most serial killers. As children, they engage in cruelty to anmials, including, slicing up dogs, burning cats, and hurting any animals they can get their hands on, which for the most part are what are known and referred to as Domesticated Animals.

If a kid went out, and shot a deer and cut it up and field stripped, nobody would think for a second about it. But same kid, field strips a Cat, we got problems.

Why?

Because by attacking and harming an animal that is known to be a companion or domesticated animal, you are in essence attacking the society that recognizes those animals as domesticated.

So these guys know, they are using an animal that many people around the world treat differently than say, squirrels or rodents. They are attacking all normal thinking people, civilized if you will, by using a known domesticated animal as bait.

As for this issue, I'm pisssed the guys are even catching sharks, let alone using kittens as bait.

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2009, 08:52 PM
You can buy dog-kebobs in any major city in China. Should we invade? Heck, we snack on cows over here, which are not only "domesticated" in India but actually worshipped. Are we a threat to them; a nation of serial killers?

No, I was simply pointing out why people in this country may find the behavior of using live kittens as bait for shark fishing as appailing.

I don't care what they do in China, they are heathens and they are be beneath me.

How's that?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Cannibalism is also a violation of international law, whereas kitty-fishing isn't. But looking at it from the moral standpoint of them being one and the same, is it our business as a nation to invade West Djibouti and impose our Western morals on them at gunpoint if they snack on their kids?

So answer my question. Should it be an outrage if these people were using babies as bait? If your argument is that a life is a life no matter how cute or ugly it is, is using a baby as bait any different than using a kitten?

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2009, 09:32 PM
So answer my question. Should it be an outrage if these people were using babies as bait? If your argument is that a life is a life no matter how cute or ugly it is, is using a baby as bait any different than using a kitten?

Well if they were using aborted babies...then wouldn't that be ok with the current White House administration?

tony hipchest
01-26-2009, 09:34 PM
why not use tofu or soyburger?

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
why not use tofu or soyburger?

Sharks eat meat, don't think they'd bite on Tofu...however I've had a couple good soyburgers in my day..so that may work if the shark was really high...I mean...hungry...

Crushzilla
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
GoSlash,

I realize you are trying to play devil's advocate, and I have taken ENTIRE COURSES dedicated to ethics in world context. That isn't a braggart statement; I'm just saying that (despite this post) this can not be resolved here on a message board.

But I'll play! :chuckle:

I understand where you are coming from, and the "yuk" factor (actual term) makes such cross-cultural arguments IMPOSSIBLE to "win" entirely. This is why I slid you the yawny face before. You already know that your stance is unbreakable because of the "yuk" factor. Quite frankly, from a world context, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what these guys are doing. They are using live bait to fish. A lot of people use live bait to fish.

The fact that they are Americans makes it taboo. It is as if the are betraying their own cultural norms. That is part of what makes it outrageous. The other part is this:

http://www.anywhereisbetter.net/pics/0907/hanginthere.jpg

America portrays kittens as adorable, innocent, and heart-squishingly mischievous.

You really expect people to not be upset at a blatant disregard of our mores?

Come on.

MY problem with it is that... well... shit... I like kitties. :chuckle:

Shark>Kitty is an obvious statement, but cats are not part of the natural diet of a shark. Again, I return to the blatant disregard of social norms. Of course people will get riled up. Not only is it natural, it would be universally frowned upon if there were a universal perception of cats. We simply get riled up. Egyptians would probably be looking for blood.

Also, note the source. Isn't there a moment of the video where one of the guys is pretending to hump a dead marlin? :noidea:

These are the same slack-jawed yokels that root for the Titans.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-26-2009, 10:19 PM
GoSlash,

Practically there is no distinction between "human" and "animal" life. Humans are animals.

SteelersMongol
01-26-2009, 10:57 PM
I cannot stand cats, but why would they use kittens as bait? This is very disgusting. And I don't care which countries does what just because it's their tradition or whatever, but someone just said these guys were Americans. Americans!!! Just because cannibalism is accepted in some other countries, do you think the Americans should go over there & start eating humans? I don't think so.

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Trying to figure out if this is a hoax or what...its pretty new to the internet at least...snopes has a story about dogs being used in 2005...but nothing on this story.

tony hipchest
01-26-2009, 11:56 PM
yeah, i like kitties.

but im still appalled by the slaughter of sharks for expensive fin soup.

i mean you might as well run elephants into extinction for their tusks....

or club baby seals. :dang:

or eat caribou and deny an orphaned polar bear cub the nurturing of caring zoo handlers and run for vice president.

(:doh: - i knew i shoulda made a left at albuquerque)

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
01-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Trying to figure out if this is a hoax or what...its pretty new to the internet at least...snopes has a story about dogs being used in 2005...but nothing on this story.i dont know....

the video of the kittens with giant hooks through their neck, desperately swimming little circles in the water looked pretty real to me. :noidea:

T.Richardson
01-27-2009, 02:04 AM
One thing you guys missed. The guys doing this are AMERICANS! They arent from Venezuela.

steelwall
01-27-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm no tree hugger, and the food chain is a part of life and will allways be. But why cats? Thats not a natural meal for a shark.

Western culture has made several animals "pets" cats/kittens happens to be one of them. The fact that these men are Americans tells me alot about their sadistic behavior.

I've had a few drinks and my tounge is a bit loose, so I will say this, I've shot men in the face in combat, but I seriously doubt I could stomach jamming a hook through a live kittens neck.

MasterOfPuppets
01-27-2009, 02:30 AM
No, I was simply pointing out why people in this country may find the behavior of using live kittens as bait for shark fishing as appailing.

I don't care what they do in China, they are heathens and they are be beneath me.

How's that?
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4343/080708kittenbowlbreakfauy0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TheSteelCurtain
01-27-2009, 02:33 AM
I'm no tree hugger, and the food chain is a part of life and will allways be. But why cats? Thats not a natural meal for a shark.

Western culture has made several animals "pets" cats/kittens happens to be one of them. The fact that these men are Americans tells me alot about their sadistic behavior.

I've had a few drinks and my tounge is a bit loose, so I will say this, I've shot men in the face in combat, but I seriously doubt I could stomach jamming a hook through a live kittens neck.

I would like to shoot these guys in the face actually.

Crushzilla
01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4343/080708kittenbowlbreakfauy0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

See that's different.

Cute girl and cute kitty :hatsoff:

Crushzilla
01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Crush has it nailed. I have nothing to add to that. :hatsoff

:drink: :hatsoff:

MasterOfPuppets
01-27-2009, 03:36 PM
See that's different.

Cute girl and cute kitty :hatsoff:but what about the cat ? :flap:

tony hipchest
01-27-2009, 03:41 PM
but what about the cat ? :flap:is that sugar shes putting on it? mmmmm... sweet pu$$y :yummy:

lambertlunaticfan
01-29-2009, 03:48 AM
please tell me you didnt just write that....wow:nw::is that sugar shes putting on it? mmmmm... sweet pu$$y :yummy:

Preacher
01-29-2009, 04:14 AM
GoSlash,

Practically there is no distinction between "human" and "animal" life. Humans are animals.

The problem I have with this argument, is that I have not seen animals exhibit codes of morality, ethics, philosophical meanderings, and make famial decisions based on those presuppositions. Human life is more than Stimuli-Response.

If you are serious about this argument. Then you would have no problem with letting a baby die in a lake while saving a mouse from drowning, because they are equivalent. If it was an older aged man, it would be then be better to save the mouse, as the mouse would have a longer life span.

Are you really ready to accept that end position of your argument?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Is human life more than stimuli-response Preach? Without religion to "govern" the way humans act, humans are very much like other animals.

I made that statement to be overly simple. I was trying to prove a point at how naive it is to say that a fish's life is equal to a kitten's life.

Maybe a better analogy would be are the life of a chimpanzee and an ant interchangeable?

MasterOfPuppets
01-29-2009, 05:09 AM
is that sugar shes putting on it? mmmmm... sweet pu$$y :yummy:could be vinegar......:noidea:

Preacher
01-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Is human life more than stimuli-response Preach? Without religion to "govern" the way humans act, humans are very much like other animals.

Except that we integrate thought and foresight (to a degree), which means other elements act on us than just stimuli response.

You don't see one species of animal not attack or PROTECT another species because they think it is cute... or because they beleive it is helpless. That is an act of humanity, which comes from human superiority and another element to existence... whether you beleive we have evolved into it, or it was created. . . it is still existent. As a result, human life IS more important than other life, but ALL life is to be valued.

tony hipchest
01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
You don't see one species of animal not attack or PROTECT another species because they think it is cute... or because they beleive it is helpless. That is an act of humanity, which comes from human superiority and another element to existence... whether you beleive we have evolved into it, or it was created. . . it is still existent. As a result, human life IS more important than other life, but ALL life is to be valued.i beg to differ. koko mourned and expressed feelings of loss when its kitten was killed.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/kokoskitten.jpg

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-29-2009, 02:10 PM
i beg to differ. koko mourned and expressed feelings of loss when its kitten was killed.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/kokoskitten.jpg

There is also an orangutan in Zoo World in Panama City that has a pet kitten too she protects, feeds, and takes care of. I believe there are stories of this with many higher primates.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-29-2009, 02:12 PM
You don't see one species of animal not attack or PROTECT another species because they think it is cute... or because they beleive it is helpless. That is an act of humanity, which comes from human superiority and another element to existence...

Obviously though by reading this article, that isn't a behavior that all humans exhibit. I highly doubt tribal people that live in nature protect cute or helpless animals.

The point I was trying to make is that these people are sick profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilters and deserve to be shark bait themselves.

SteelTalons
01-29-2009, 03:43 PM
As soon as I clicked on the link and the guy was holding that little black kitten and was about to put a hook in him... I cut it off. Thats just... Words cant describe how outraged I am right now. Someone needs to take a red hot rod of iron and melt the eyes out his(the fisherman) head...

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-29-2009, 03:50 PM
As soon as I clicked on the link and the guy was holding that little black kitten and was about to put a hook in him... I cut it off. Thats just... Words cant describe how outraged I am right now. Someone needs to take a red hot rod of iron and melt the eyes out his(the fisherman) head...

I didn't even watch it man, did not want to see it. Honestly I can stop running the mental images through my head though.

Preacher
01-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Obviously though by reading this article, that isn't a behavior that all humans exhibit. I highly doubt tribal people that live in nature protect cute or helpless animals.

The point I was trying to make is that these people are sick profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilters and deserve to be shark bait themselves.

While we can continue the discussion on human life. . . On your above point, we are in complete agreement.

TeeJay
01-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Can't they just use Surfers as bait?

TroysBadDawg
01-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Your rationale was that what is considered taboo by us is normal for them. Like I said, cannibalism is "normal" to some people.

Like Jeffery Dahmer?

MasterOfPuppets
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
[YOUTUBE][http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9446/funnybush04qi2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)/YOUTUBE]

xfl2001fan
01-30-2009, 03:44 PM

The caveat to your last comment is that in your situation it was likely due to a shoot or be shot type situation. If these guys let the kittens go, the kittens won't grow up to be Suicide Bombers. Even the kittens born in Afghanistan or Iraq aren't born to that mentality.

These guys are sick sadistic pricks who deserve to go the way the kittens have gone.

Muppet13
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I love cats too much to watch this. It is to horrifying. It will make me think about that happening to my own cat.

GutterflowerSteel
01-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I can't watch something like that. It would haunt me forever - I love(d) all of my kitties *hugs O'Malley*