PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Champion Arizona Cardinals

Stevo
01-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Ladies and gentleman… the Super Bowl Champion Arizona Cardinals.

I just wanted to write it out to see if it had a ring to it. I am not sure it does, although it actually makes more sense than the “Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks."

The Pittsburgh Steelers have played a great year and they will not surprise anyone if they win. And no matter what (like it or not), which ever team scores the most points on Sunday will be the champs. But for football, I don’t really want to see a 7-loss team win it all.

SteelCityKing
01-26-2009, 09:52 AM
sounds like a turd in a blender to me!
it doesn't have the same ring as "6-Time Super Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!"

HometownGal
01-26-2009, 09:56 AM
And no matter what (like it or not), which ever team scores the most points on Sunday will be the champs.

Really? :jawdrop: Say it isn't so!

Thanks buddy - I had no idea. :thumbsup::chuckle:

SteelCityKing
01-26-2009, 09:59 AM
yeah...that sounds like something John Madden would say!

steelpride12
01-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Dont worry the #1 defense will make sure 30 points is a distant friend on the AZ Cardinals, who's cinderella story season ends sunday.

SC Steeler Steve
01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
The "PITTSBURGH STEELERS" has a better ring to it all by itself. Once we secure one for the other hand Sunday, the newest RING will be very sweet.

Stevo
01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Didn't mean to state the obvious, thats just my way of saying I will accept it if the cards some how manage a win.

And my favorite Madden quote is "When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to."

SteelersMongol
01-26-2009, 10:20 AM

:laughing:

KeiselPower99
01-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Why is everyone in the media making us out to be the bad guys cause we are going for our 6th title. If it was the Cowgirls I bet they would be kissing their ass. It makes me sick.

Steelcitygal87
01-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Why is everyone in the media making us out to be the bad guys cause we are going for our 6th title. If it was the Cowgirls I bet they would be kissing their ass. It makes me sick.

I haven't gotten that impression at all from what I have observed on tv(ESPN esp), or from what I have read. I think the coverage has been fair and accurate to both teams. They have discussed the qb match-ups...the running game, the defenses, O-line..etc..They are talking about how special it would be if the Steelers do win their 6th trophy...what a wonderful, tradition-rich franchise we are. We are the favorites...but I don't think they are portraying us as 'bad guys'

Go Steelers!!

Steelers
01-26-2009, 10:45 AM
http://the-bridal-box.com/backend/images/Cardholder--Cinderella-Co2.jpg

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2009, 10:49 AM

*In my best John Madden Voice*

"GARAWF"..."uhhhhhhh....You know Al...Ben needs to be careful when he throws...uhhh...passes the ball....because ..."Garawf"....interceptions are the...uhhhh...are the #1 cause of pass related turnovers".

Steelcitygal87
01-26-2009, 10:52 AM

"GARAWF"..."uhhhhhhh....You know Al...Ben needs to be careful when he throws...uhhh...passes the ball....because ..."Garawf"....interceptions are the...uhhhh...are the #1 cause of pass related turnovers".

:toofunny:

PoundinSteel
01-26-2009, 11:12 AM

ROFL!!!

nnnnnnnnnn, you see...when the QB's arm is hit, the ball never goes where he wants it.

BlastFurnace
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
And no matter what (like it or not), which ever team scores the most points on Sunday will be the champs. .

Not according to the Seattle Seahawks.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2009, 11:44 AM
ROFL!!!

nnnnnnnnnn, you see...when the QB's arm is hit, the ball never goes where he wants it.

:chuckle::applaudit:

LVSteelersfan
01-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Please tell me Madden is not the announcer for this Super Bowl. In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny (in my opinion a much better announcer than John Madden) "What a maroon."

Gooch
01-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Please tell me Madden is not the announcer for this Super Bowl. In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny (in my opinion a much better announcer than John Madden) "What a maroon."

I think he is actually...
:flap:

westcoastransplant
01-26-2009, 12:17 PM

He is, NBC is covering the game. On the bright side, the Bus will be doing the pre-game, half time and post game shows. Thats a decent trade off.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-26-2009, 12:27 PM
According to the NFL network we don't have a prayer in the world. Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Warner are going to tear us apart. Also, they seem to think that since coming to the playoffs, the Cards defense is every bit as good as ours.

We are so screwed!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2009, 12:31 PM
According to the NFL network we don't have a prayer in the world. Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Warner are going to tear us apart. Also, they seem to think that since coming to the playoffs, the Cards defense is every bit as good as ours.

We are so screwed!

I hope for two things:

1) They keep that crap up all week

2) They pipe that disrespect into the Steelers living quarters and practice areas.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-26-2009, 12:34 PM
I hope for two things:

1) They keep that crap up all week

2) They pipe that disrespect into the Steelers living quarters and practice areas.

Me too. I don't understand how the Cards are supposed to be the underdogs, yet all they get is praise. They barely talk about us at all.

Steelcitygal87
01-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Me too. I don't understand how the Cards are supposed to be the underdogs, yet all they get is praise. They barely talk about us at all.

Who barely talks about us? Are you referring to just NFL Network?

fordfan485
01-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Who barely talks about us? Are you referring to just NFL Network?

every time i turn on espn or espn radio all i hear is kurt warner this, larry Fitzgerald this, bolden that, and how the cards have an edge because of whiz and grimm knowing our offense. I have not heard one story on how Dick Lebeau knows whiz and grimm's offense and tendencies, its crazy how bias espn has been this past week with regard to the cards.

Steelcitygal87
01-26-2009, 01:05 PM
every time i turn on espn or espn radio all i hear is kurt warner this, larry Fitzgerald this, bolden that, and how the cards have an edge because of whiz and grimm knowing our offense. I have not heard one story on how Dick Lebeau knows whiz and grimm's offense and tendencies, its crazy how bias espn has been this past week with regard to the cards.

I have been watching ESPN too and I think the coverage has been pretty fair to both teams. I have heard the qbs compared...their strengths and weaknesses analyzed... can our O-line give Ben the protection he needs..and open up holes for the running game....Mike Ditka even commented on the most interesting match up for him will be seeing how well the O line of the Cards can protect Kurt against LeBeau's D. And if anything they are talking a LOT about the Steelers being so rich in tradition...such a storied franchise. Mike and Mike in the Morning was even kicking around the thought about the Steelers being the BEST organization in SPORTS..not just football...but in the whole sports world. So I really don't know what to think about your comment, because from what I have observed more of the ESPN "experts" have been leaning toward Pittsburgh, and talking about them very favorably....Mark Schlereth even said he would take Ben R. over Kurt.

And they should be talking about Kurt, Fitz, Boldin...etc..they are VERY talented players...and that team,overall, is a very good team, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are now. The media can't just talk about Pittsburgh... and sing their praises all day long( as much as we would love them to) lol. I guess I just see this game differently than most...I see the Cards being a good challenge for us. In their game against the Eagles they got out to a big lead...lost it and then regained it again...that showed a lot of heart and determination, and yes, obviously I realize our D is better than the Eagles D, but my point is...they fought, came back and won. I just think we are going to have more of a fight on our hands than most people expect.

GO STEELERS! :tt03:

KeiselPower99
01-26-2009, 01:12 PM

Alot of the "experts" are slinging this crap. Ive noticed it too. NFL network is really bad at it.

stlrz fan
01-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Starting today there will be so many guest on the shows giving different insight and not just the same analysts over and over. Rodney Harrison was talking us up this morning and it will continue to get more balanced. Trust me, Whiz is a good story but there isn't anyone out there who is not going to give Coach LeBeau his respect.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-26-2009, 01:34 PM
If you ask Pat Kirwin we already loss the game

SteelCurtain7
01-26-2009, 03:34 PM

Bingo. THIS is the heart of the matter. This is why BSPN and other sports outlets are pulling for the Deadbirds. All the genuflecting they've been sending the 49ers' and Clownboys' way will be for nought if the Steelers (God forbid! :rolleyes: ) win their sixth Lombardi Trophy. Pittsburgh, natch, is not one of these "big-market" cities that makes these talking heads salivate.

Well, too bad. The Steelers are going to "rock the world" and kick both the Cards and the media elite to the curb!!! :tt:

shevdog
01-26-2009, 04:08 PM
If the Steelers were not in the Super Bowl, honestly I would not mind the Cardinals winning. I still respect Wiz and Grimm. Was weird hearing a press conference with him speaking and he was not talking about the Steeler's offense, as its coordinator.

I'm still ticked that they cut off Troy and didn't get to Harrison. Maybe they will show more later from today's press conferences.