PDA

View Full Version : The pathetic jealousy of the SeaScum fans knows no bounds.

mesaSteeler
01-26-2009, 07:40 PM
(My friends here is a the description that is out on ebay of a letter supposdly from Dan Rooney after our glorious victory of the whining SeaScums in Superbowl XL. I think it's a fake. - mesa)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Angry-letter-from-the-Steelers-Dan-Rooney-re-SB-XL_W0QQitemZ270335449645QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2832QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohostin g

Like many long-time diehard Seattle Seahawks fans, on February 5th, 2006 I was flabbergasted that the NFL and Bill Leavy’s officiating crew in Super Bowl XL would so deliberately play favorites to the Pittsburgh Steelers, effectively eliminating any chance that the Seahawks had of winning that championship game.

Within a week of the game, I had written a five-page letter to then NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue carefully detailing the many bad calls that had gone against the Seahawks for imaginary penalties, and the non-calls that had been ignored for the Steelers all game long in a transparent effort to prevent the Seahawks from winning the game. I also attached a number of newspaper articles and editorials that expressed outrage over the officiating to further bolster my case. I copied the letter to Seahawks owner Paul Allen and Steelers owner Dan Rooney.

Lo and behold just a couple weeks later I received a personal reply from Dan Rooney himself, which was copied to Commissioner Tagliabue, attempting to refute my concerns about the officiating. Mr. Rooney wrote, in part: “You are something special -- you watch a TV broadcast of Super Bowl XL with all the interruptions, camera locations, replays, and now know more than anyone else in America on what was wrong with the officiating.” Wow! I guess I really got his attention and got under his skin! Mr. Rooney goes on to supplement the letter with a two-page 20-point explanation of why the Steelers “really” did outplay the Seahawks for the Lombardi Trophy.

For Steelers fans, this would be a great acquisition to show your beloved owner giving the business to an uppity Seahawks fan who was complaining about the Super Bowl XL officiating. For Seahawks fans, this would likewise be a great acquisition conclusively demonstrating the insecurity of the Steelers over their supposed “win.”

As Coach Mike Holmgren so eloquently said the day after the Super Bowl: “we knew it was going to be tough playing the Pittsburgh Steelers, but we didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well.” Tellingly, Coach Holmgren was never fined by the league for this astute observation.

The winning bidder will recieve the personal letter written by Dan Rooney and dated February 22, 2006 on official Pittsburgh Steelers letterhead and signed personally by Mr. Rooney, his attached two-page explanation of the officiating, and the official Pittsburgh Steelers envelope the letter arrived in from 3400 Water Street in Pittsburgh. All are in perfect condition, and have been kept in a manila file folder in my personal filing cabinet ever since I first received the letter. I will retain a photocopy of the letter for myself as a personal keepsake.

Feel free to email me with any questions you might have about this item. Thank you, and good luck!

(Coverage from the SeaScum newsrag the Seattle Times. - mesa)
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2009/01/ever_wish_you_had_a_petty_lett.php

Seahawks Blog

Danny O'Neil covers the Seahawks for The Seattle Times.

E-mail Danny| Seahawks forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

January 25, 2009 2:13 PM
(My friends the sick depravity of the SeaScum fans knows no bounds This "item" is avaiable on ebay.. - mesa)

Like many long-time diehard Seattle Seahawks fans, on February 5th, 2006 I was flabbergasted that the NFL and Bill Leavy’s officiating crew in Super Bowl XL would so deliberately play favorites to the Pittsburgh Steelers, effectively eliminating any chance that the Seahawks had of winning that championship game.

Within a week of the game, I had written a five-page letter to then NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue carefully detailing the many bad calls that had gone against the Seahawks for imaginary penalties, and the non-calls that had been ignored for the Steelers all game long in a transparent effort to prevent the Seahawks from winning the game. I also attached a number of newspaper articles and editorials that expressed outrage over the officiating to further bolster my case. I copied the letter to Seahawks owner Paul Allen and Steelers owner Dan Rooney.

Lo and behold just a couple weeks later I received a personal reply from Dan Rooney himself, which was copied to Commissioner Tagliabue, attempting to refute my concerns about the officiating. Mr. Rooney wrote, in part: “You are something special -- you watch a TV broadcast of Super Bowl XL with all the interruptions, camera locations, replays, and now know more than anyone else in America on what was wrong with the officiating.” Wow! I guess I really got his attention and got under his skin! Mr. Rooney goes on to supplement the letter with a two-page 20-point explanation of why the Steelers “really” did outplay the Seahawks for the Lombardi Trophy.

For Steelers fans, this would be a great acquisition to show your beloved owner giving the business to an uppity Seahawks fan who was complaining about the Super Bowl XL officiating. For Seahawks fans, this would likewise be a great acquisition conclusively demonstrating the insecurity of the Steelers over their supposed “win.”

As Coach Mike Holmgren so eloquently said the day after the Super Bowl: “we knew it was going to be tough playing the Pittsburgh Steelers, but we didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well.” Tellingly, Coach Holmgren was never fined by the league for this astute observation.

The winning bidder will recieve the personal letter written by Dan Rooney and dated February 22, 2006 on official Pittsburgh Steelers letterhead and signed personally by Mr. Rooney, his attached two-page explanation of the officiating, and the official Pittsburgh Steelers envelope the letter arrived in from 3400 Water Street in Pittsburgh. All are in perfect condition, and have been kept in a manila file folder in my personal filing cabinet ever since I first received the letter. I will retain a photocopy of the letter for myself as a personal keepsake.

Feel free to email me with any questions you might have about this item. Thank you, and good luck!
Steelers' owners response to criticism of Super Bowl XL officiating available on E-Bay
http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seahawks/2009/01/25/steelers_owners.html
Posted by Danny O'Neil

I was sent this E-Bay posting that gave me a chuckle. It's putting a letter from Steelers owner Dan Rooney responding to a fan who believed the officials were responsible for the Steelers winning Super Bowl XL.

The Seahawks fan mailed a letter to Paul Tagliabue, the league's commissioner at the time, listing the complaints regarding penalties that were called against Seattle and penalties that were not called on Pittsburgh. He included some media coverage of the officiating and he copied Rooney and Seahawks owner Paul Allen.

Here's what happened next, according to the E-Bay post:

"Just a couple weeks later I received a personal reply from Dan Rooney himself, which was copied to Commissioner Tagliabue, attempting to refute my concerns about the officiating. Mr. Rooney wrote, in part: 'You are something special -- you watch a TV broadcast of Super Bowl XL with all the interruptions, camera locations, replays, and now know more than anyone else in America on what was wrong with the officiating.'

"Wow! I guess I really got his attention and got under his skin! Mr. Rooney goes on to supplement the letter with a two-page 20-point explanation of why the Steelers 'really' did outplay the Seahawks for the Lombardi Trophy."

As for the appeal of the item? Here's his explanation:

"For Steelers fans, this would be a great acquisition to show your beloved owner giving the business to an uppity Seahawks fan who was complaining about the Super Bowl XL officiating. For Seahawks fans, this would likewise be a great acquisition conclusively demonstrating the insecurity of the Steelers over their supposed 'win.' "

SteelerFan091472
01-26-2009, 08:41 PM
This really get's old with some of these Seahawk fans. They've been so brainwashed into believing that the refs stole the game from them. How about maybe the Steelers were the superior team that day?

Maybe they should be upset with Mike Holmgren for his crappy clock management at the end of both halves of Super Bowl XL. There are probably high school coaches that could do a better job of clock management than Holmgren did in that game.

Stang909
01-26-2009, 08:46 PM
This really get's old with some of these Seahawk fans. They've been so brainwashed into believing that the refs stole the game from them. How about maybe the Steelers were the superior team that day?

Maybe they should be upset with Mike Holmgren for his crappy clock management at the end of both halves of Super Bowl XL. There are probably high school coaches that could do a better job of clock management than Holmgren did in that game.

I know of a former NFL head coach who couldn't do a better job of clock management. Any guesses?

Romeo Crennel

Sharkissle29
01-26-2009, 08:49 PM
man, they just dont stop crying. no wonder why it rains so much there

Dino 6 Rings
01-26-2009, 08:56 PM
That was the closest they will ever come to greatness and they know it...so...they have to live in the past and blame the "refs" for the Late game INT, the blown coverage on the End Around Pass, the 7 dropped balls by their Tight End, their lack of showing up after the half and making a tackle on a 75 yard TD run...yep...all the refs fault.

Edman
01-26-2009, 09:02 PM
"For Steelers fans, this would be a great acquisition to show your beloved owner giving the business to an uppity Seahawks fan who was complaining about the Super Bowl XL officiating. For Seahawks fans, this would likewise be a great acquisition conclusively demonstrating the insecurity of the Steelers over their supposed 'win.' "

Insecurity about what? The Steelers still see FIVE Super Bowl trophies in that case to your zero. You're the bunch who decided to make this an issue AGAIN. Not the Steelers. Funny that this 'item' would suddenly arise when Pittsburgh returned to the Super Bowl.

"Wow! I guess I really got his attention and got under his skin! Mr. Rooney goes on to supplement the letter with a two-page 20-point explanation of why the Steelers 'really' did outplay the Seahawks for the Lombardi Trophy."

What's stopping you from posting it, then? Come on! Let's see that Two-page explanation!

The Seashits and the whole region of Seattle can go to hell.

mesaSteeler
01-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Well the SeaScum newspaper has been running a week long series comparing their garbage team to the Steelers.

Since SuperBowl XL when we righteously beat them we have now gone on to another SuperBowl and they have gone straight into the ToiletBowl in the worst division in football.

Doubtless the comparison between their horrible team and our magnificent Steelers has inflamed their hurt little feelings and they are looking for anyway at all to strike back.

Phade
01-26-2009, 10:00 PM
ill upbid it to a zillion

Phade
01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Item you've bid on:
Angry letter from the Steelers Dan Rooney re: SB XL
Time left: 8 days 15 hours [Feb-04-09 11:19:57 PST]
History: 20 bids
Your current bid: US $355.00
Your maximum bid: US $500,000.00

i hope i win

TheSteelCurtain
01-26-2009, 10:04 PM
haha thats great mayn.

Dodt
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
sad really .

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Go have a Starbucks grande, crappe, frappe, latte and enjoy the Seneca Wallace era!! :rofl:

Jackson pushed off, Locklear tackled Haggans, Gray held, Hasselbeck threw a pick and Willie went 75 yards for the TD. Oh, and Ben was in!!!

They never do cry that Jeremy Stevens fumbled the football and the refs called it an incomplete pass instead of a turnover. I'm glad that Hines Ward shined his SB ring in Hasselbecks face during SBXLI...........cry babies!!!

fansince'76
01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
They never do cry that Jeremy Stevens fumbled the football and the refs called it an incomplete pass instead of a turnover....

....or the helmet-to-helmet hit on Hines out of bounds that wasn't called, or the block in the back committed against Ben on the long INT return which would have brought it back to about their own 20-yard line. :coffee:

conservativesteelers
01-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Well, the seaturds were really a benefit of a weak NFC that year. They were, and still are brainwashed into thinking they were worthy of even being in the Superbowl that year. The people up in the Northwest just dont' have a clue. A nervous Rookie quarterback/Big Ben still found a way to beat them turds with his pathetic play that game that we all know was not the real Ben. That game should have been a laugher, as I honestly think the Seaturds were quite possibly one of the worst teams in NFL history to make the Super Bowl.

SteelerFanInATL
01-26-2009, 10:42 PM
NOTHING BUT HATE!!!!!!!!!:banging::banging::banging:

lambertlunaticfan
01-27-2009, 02:01 AM
PHADE-I HOPE YOU REALLY DIDNT DO THIS...I KNOW YOU GUYS MIGHT THINK ITS A JOKE TO SELL THIS, BUT BIDDING ON ANYTHING ON EBAY IS NO JOKE AS BIDDING ON ANYTHING ON THERE IS ENTERING INTO A LEGAL CONTRACT TO BUY THE ITEM... ......AND THE SELLER COULD TAKE YOU TO COURT AND MAKE YOU PAY AND HONOR YOUR BID ON IT, IVE HEARD ABOUT IT HAPPENING AND THE SELLERS HAVE ALWAYS WON..........IF I WAS YOU,I WOULD'NT CHANCE IT AND RETRACT YOUR BID NOW...IM JUST LOOKING OUT FOR A FELLOW STEELERS FAN:tt:......Item you've bid on:

i hope i win

Preacher
01-27-2009, 03:11 AM
....or the helmet-to-helmet hit on Hines out of bounds that wasn't called, or the block in the back committed against Ben on the long INT return which would have brought it back to about their own 20-yard line. :coffee:

Sure is funny how people forget about that stuff.

JackHammer
01-27-2009, 03:36 AM
There's a big part of me that hopes that letter is REAL!

CPanther95
01-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Two page letter and a cover letter, hand signed - to the fan of another team that hates the Steelers. No wonder everyone involved with the NFL loves the Steelers organization.

I hope Terry McAulay is an ebayer and sees this.

fansince'76
01-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Two page letter and a cover letter, hand signed - to the fan of another team that hates the Steelers. No wonder everyone involved with the NFL loves the Steelers organization.

Yeah, I'm sure it's completely authentic and that the seller held onto it for the last 3 years just waiting for the Steelers to get back to the SB so he could sell it on eBay and get cheap gratuitous publicity in a Seattle fishwrap over it to boot. :rolleyes:

steelers2685
01-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Doyou really think that a man of Mr. Rooney's background and experience would write a letter starting out how that one sounds???? NO WAY!It is not professional in any respect and did not come from Mr. Rooney's hand. Plus, that letterhead is a bit too generic for a multi-million dollar organization to be using. They'd have an address up there to say the least as well.

markymarc
01-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Actually I feel sorry for the Seafag fans. They really need to get over it already.

JEFF4i
01-27-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm debating buying it, burning it, and selling the charred remains on eBay. Of course I'd film the entire thing, :D

Stu Pidasso
01-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Item you've bid on:

i hope i win

I just created a sockpuppet account and I'm gonna snipe you! :)

CPanther95
01-27-2009, 03:26 PM
It might be a wise purchase. I mean, a "die-hard Seahawks fan" living in Pittsburgh with zero feedback. What could possibly be wrong with that picture?

OX1947
01-27-2009, 03:44 PM
3 calls in that game were the ire of Seahawk fans and their Walrus coach.

First, push off on Jackson on Hope:

This call can be debated somewhat IF its a push off that isn't right smack in front of the ref.

Second call, Ben's TD run. Many clips show that the ball crossed just an inch, however, if they had not called it a TD, that ball would have been on the 1 cm line. Now, after Indy and having the Bus in the back field and Cowher already on tape saying he is going for it before the refs made the finally call, I would like to think that the bus gets 1 cm for a TD anyways OR ben sneaks in at 6'5.

3rd, Hold on Locklear:

This one was the one that had me puzzled that people argued. the guy held Haggens by the neck when Clark had him by a step, this was the most legit call I saw all game. And no one told Matthew to through an INT two plays later.

So (bleep) these people.

Phade
01-27-2009, 04:05 PM
I just created a sockpuppet account and I'm gonna snipe you! :)

lols not a chance i'm monitoring this beast like whoa..

Phade
01-27-2009, 04:10 PM
PHADE-I HOPE YOU REALLY DIDNT DO THIS...I KNOW YOU GUYS MIGHT THINK ITS A JOKE TO SELL THIS, BUT BIDDING ON ANYTHING ON EBAY IS NO JOKE AS BIDDING ON ANYTHING ON THERE IS ENTERING INTO A LEGAL CONTRACT TO BUY THE ITEM... ......AND THE SELLER COULD TAKE YOU TO COURT AND MAKE YOU PAY AND HONOR YOUR BID ON IT, IVE HEARD ABOUT IT HAPPENING AND THE SELLERS HAVE ALWAYS WON..........IF I WAS YOU,I WOULD'NT CHANCE IT AND RETRACT YOUR BID NOW...IM JUST LOOKING OUT FOR A FELLOW STEELERS FAN:tt:......

thanks for the heads up.. dunno if i can actually retract my bid.. but i'm highly doubting rooney would waste his time writing this one fan out of the 10's of thousands of seacawk fans who wrote letters to the nfl..

not to mention the way that the letter is written you can tell its from a younger generation.. the way he's comically acting condescending reeks of a 20-30 year old..

not gonna let him take advantage of people especially with the current economy.. people are pathetic..

go steelers

fansince'76
01-27-2009, 05:47 PM
thanks for the heads up.. dunno if i can actually retract my bid.. but i'm highly doubting rooney would waste his time writing this one fan out of the 10's of thousands of seacawk fans who wrote letters to the nfl..

not to mention the way that the letter is written you can tell its from a younger generation.. the way he's comically acting condescending reeks of a 20-30 year old..

not gonna let him take advantage of people especially with the current economy.. people are pathetic..

go steelers

Without even seeing the "letter," I am 100% convinced it's a fraud. However, I think it would serve one of the whiny assclowns right if they got ripped off by one of their own. Keep driving up the bidding! :tt03:

Muppet13
01-27-2009, 05:55 PM

My highschool's coach could do a better job. He is thinking of getting a part time job somewhere else.

lambertlunaticfan
01-28-2009, 02:46 AM
yeah,i understand all that about the letter.....,my whole point is that you could be made to buy this.....dont take it so obviously lightly as you guys are.....buying anything on ebay is a legal contract to buy the item.......authentic or not,you still could have to honor your bid.......im just trying to look out for a steelers fan.....:tt:thanks for the heads up.. dunno if i can actually retract my bid.. but i'm highly doubting rooney would waste his time writing this one fan out of the 10's of thousands of seacawk fans who wrote letters to the nfl..

go steelers

lambertlunaticfan
01-28-2009, 02:52 AM
great advice...way to be looking our for other steelers fans.....what you people must not know,and i have tried to point out to this person who bid on it or any other steeler fans that might bid on it,as a joke....thats its not a joke to ebay and the law,as all ebay transactions are legal contracts to buy the item you bid on and win.....so when and if the person wins this,are you going to pay the person court costs or part of the final price that he or she wins the letter for....i understand you guys are trying to be funny but i would hate to have something i cheered on a steelers fan to do to get that fan in trouble like this could.....:doh:.Without even seeing the "letter," I am 100% convinced it's a fraud. However, I think it would serve one of the whiny assclowns right if they got ripped off by one of their own. Keep driving up the bidding! :tt03:

fansince'76
01-28-2009, 06:12 AM
great advice...way to be looking our for other steelers fans.....what you people must not know,and i have tried to point out to this person who bid on it or any other steeler fans that might bid on it,as a joke....thats its not a joke to ebay and the law,as all ebay transactions are legal contracts to buy the item you bid on and win.....so when and if the person wins this,are you going to pay the person court costs or part of the final price that he or she wins the letter for....i understand you guys are trying to be funny but i would hate to have something i cheered on a steelers fan to do to get that fan in trouble like this could.....:doh:.

1. He already bid on it of his own accord.

2. As far as getting hauled into court over it is concerned, I call :bs:

Unpaid Item Policy

Buyers automatically enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller if they win the online auction or use the Buy It Now feature. eBay's Unpaid Item policy requires buyers to pay the seller for the items that they commit to purchase.

Sellers can file an Unpaid Item dispute with eBay for each of their items that are purchased but not paid for. eBay will issue a strike on the account of the buyer who does not honor their obligation to pay (unless the buyer and seller mutually agree not to complete the transaction).

Note: If a buyer gets too many strikes in too short a time period, their account will be suspended indefinitely. In some cases, limits may be placed on the buyer’s account in advance of suspension.

Why does eBay have this policy?

When a buyer does not pay for an item the buyer has won or purchased, it costs the seller time and money. eBay’s Unpaid Item policy is necessary to enforce the contractual obligations entered into between buyer and seller by placing a bid or using Buy It Now and helps to facilitate successful trading on the site.

Unpaid Item Policy (http://pages.ebay.com/HELP/POLICIES/UNPAID-ITEM.HTML)

Is what Phade doing ethical? Not really, but neither is selling an obviously fake letter on eBay and trying to pass it off as authentic. On top of that, this seller (seahawksrooneyletter2006) opened this particular eBay account on January 23 (5 days ago) to sell this one item, or more accurately, to once again call undue attention to the Squawks' loss in SB XL and be a complete ass about it. They deserve to get burned, quite frankly.

DoctorCAD
01-28-2009, 08:55 AM
PHADE-I HOPE YOU REALLY DIDNT DO THIS...I KNOW YOU GUYS MIGHT THINK ITS A JOKE TO SELL THIS, BUT BIDDING ON ANYTHING ON EBAY IS NO JOKE AS BIDDING ON ANYTHING ON THERE IS ENTERING INTO A LEGAL CONTRACT TO BUY THE ITEM... ......AND THE SELLER COULD TAKE YOU TO COURT AND MAKE YOU PAY AND HONOR YOUR BID ON IT, IVE HEARD ABOUT IT HAPPENING AND THE SELLERS HAVE ALWAYS WON..........IF I WAS YOU,I WOULD'NT CHANCE IT AND RETRACT YOUR BID NOW...IM JUST LOOKING OUT FOR A FELLOW STEELERS FAN:tt:......

Sorry, but Ebay itself is a joke.

tony hipchest
01-28-2009, 09:23 AM
matt hasselcry was on sirius talking about steelers homefield advantage in sb xl. hes still bitter.

"their fans are great and bleed black and whatever color they are. im not a fan".

:crying01:

The_WARDen
01-28-2009, 09:38 AM
matt hasselcry was on sirius talking about steelers homefield advantage in sb xl. hes still bitter.

"their fans are great and bleed black and whatever color they are. im not a fan".

:crying01:

Hasselcry is a still a QB in the league?? Hadn't noticed....

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Two missed field goals by Josh Brown
4 dropped passes by Jerramy Stevens

That is all.

SteelMember
01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Didn't the seattle team move to Oklahoma? Oh wait...

Steelersfan4life0655
01-28-2009, 11:56 AM
yeah, i just saw hasselbeck on the NFL Network, you could tell that anything steelers, he had to choke out of his idiot mouth. and plus he seemed pretty confident that the Cardinals will win super bowl. this guy just cant give credit where its due for steelers being the better team in XL.

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
01-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I Saw That 2 And He Had THE Nerve 2 Say DRC Was The Best Corner Playin Sunday! Warren Said Ike Taylor Tho!

MaidenIndiana
01-28-2009, 12:27 PM
So the SeaFags are still mad about getting beat...oh well. People related to Custer are still pissed about the A** kicking the Indians put on him too.

7SteelGal43
01-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Two missed field goals by Josh Brown
4 dropped passes by Jerramy Stevens

That is all.

not to mention Fast Willie burnin' 'em for a 76 yard td run, AND the saps gettin burned on a gadget play.

lambertlunaticfan
01-28-2009, 07:02 PM
that might be true,and i would agree with you but all i was trying to say,is that its not a joke to bid on thereSorry, but Ebay itself is a joke.

lambertlunaticfan
01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
yeah,i realize he/she bid on thier own accord,but you guys are cheering him on and it sould lead to trouble for them.....you highlighted the wrong part,look at and read the first sentece-"legal binding contract"...which means they could take you to court to make you pay for it.....so im not sure whats with the cute little graphic you left me,you can throw a flag on it all you want,as i know im right about this......and as far as ethical goes,do you have proof that its not authentic,have you talk to dan rooney to ask him,cause its up to the buyer to prove it isnt,not the seller to prove it is....so just cause they might be selling a fake as a joke as you are son convinced of,the fact of the matter is still true and that is if you bid and win,you could be made to pay for the item you win:tt:1. He already bid on it of his own accord.

2. As far as getting hauled into court over it is concerned, I call :bs:

Unpaid Item Policy (http://pages.ebay.com/HELP/POLICIES/UNPAID-ITEM.HTML)

Is what Phade doing ethical? Not really, but neither is selling an obviously fake letter on eBay and trying to pass it off as authentic. On top of that, this seller (seahawksrooneyletter2006) opened this particular eBay account on January 23 (5 days ago) to sell this one item, or more accurately, to once again call undue attention to the Squawks' loss in SB XL and be a complete ass about it. They deserve to get burned, quite frankly.

fansince'76
01-28-2009, 08:39 PM
yeah,i realize he/she bid on thier own accord,but you guys are cheering him on and it sould lead to trouble for them.....you highlighted the wrong part,look at and read the first sentece-"legal binding contract"...which means they could take you to court to make you pay for it.....so im not sure whats with the cute little graphic you left me,you can throw a flag on it all you want,as i know im right about this......and as far as ethical goes,do you have proof that its not authentic,have you talk to dan rooney to ask him,cause its up to the buyer to prove it isnt,not the seller to prove it is....so just cause they might be selling a fake as a joke as you are son convinced of,the fact of the matter is still true and that is if you bid and win,you could be made to pay for the item you win:tt:

No, I didn't highlight the "wrong part" - the reason they have this little policy in place is because they can't haul you into court over it.

eBay’s Unpaid Item policy is necessary to enforce the contractual obligations entered into between buyer and seller

If they could haul people into court for unpaid items and made a practice of doing so, there really wouldn't be much reason for that policy, now would there? I don't know how much plainer I can make it. Besides, for a $355 bid, it would be a small claims case, and I seriously doubt eBay is going to expend a hell of a lot of energy in getting such a claim fully adjudicated if the buyer completely refuses to pony up.

And as far as authenticity of the document is concerned, it's called using common sense.

lambertlunaticfan
01-28-2009, 10:03 PM
wow,didnt really mean to start a war with you over this.......but to be plain and simple,,,its not ebay that would take you to court,its the seller that could and can do it....as ive seen cases about it...are you telling me i didnt see them?.......and agian,common sense doesnt not prove its authentic....do i think its authentic,im not sure,but i have no proof to prove it either way,so i wouldnt say that as fact.......again,i was just looking out and trying to give some friendly advice to another steelers fan:tt:No, I didn't highlight the "wrong part" - the reason they have this little policy in place is because they can't haul you into court over it.

If they could haul people into court for unpaid items and made a practice of doing so, there really wouldn't be much reason for that policy, now would there? I don't know how much plainer I can make it. Besides, for a $355 bid, it would be a small claims case, and I seriously doubt eBay is going to expend a hell of a lot of energy in getting such a claim fully adjudicated if the buyer completely refuses to pony up.

And as far as authenticity of the document is concerned, it's called using common sense.

jjpro11
01-28-2009, 10:05 PM
seriously guys.. people fake bid all the time.. and i mean ALL THE TIME. the seller can't do shit about it except complain to ebay and hope the buyer gets a "strike" on their account, which means jack shit as well. hopefully he will get stuck with an incredibly high seller's fee and will panic, not knowing he can apply for a refund if the buyer doesn't pay.

i sell on ebay and i know many sellers dont even bother doing auction style listings because buyers never end up paying. it sucks from a seller's standpoint because ebay treats buyers first and sellers second. i say fake bid away!