PDA

View Full Version : How to Throw a Killer Super Bowl Party - Cardinals Style

PGH_Futbol
01-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Newspaper in AZ reports on how to throw a Super Bowl Party....

Read the Story Here (http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/134548)

1 - Make sure to have a football pool so that you don't get bored when you're team is getting its ass kicked in the 1st quarter.

2 - Get a manicure. Nothing says you're a dyed in the wool football killing machine than perfectly clipped and colored finger nails.

3 - Test each other's knowledge. Clearly knowing your team's QB, WR, and #1 pick from last year's draft will give you the insight to comment insightfully on the omaha snap count, or the skinny post fly route.

4 - Throw a football to each other. You'll make a fleeting connection with the warriors on the gridiron, knowing what its like to hold the leather in your palm. Until you break your nail of course, then it's back to the quiz.

5 - Create an atmosphere with balloons, confetti, foam footballs, and chips. Little kids like birthday parties at Chuck-E-Cheese because the clowns give you balloons. Why not party like clowns. It helps to build a facade of true fans.

6 - Food. Do what you always do with football games... order sushi.

XxKnightxX
01-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Oh my god man I cant stop laughing.... X-D

stillers4me
01-27-2009, 11:07 AM
OMG! Are we playing Seattle again?? :chuckle:

drizze99
01-27-2009, 11:12 AM
LMFAO.... that is priceless

TheSteelCurtain
01-27-2009, 11:13 AM
This is pretty funny

RoethlisBURGHer
01-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Haha that's freaking great!

westcoastransplant
01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Don't forget the Zimas.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Don't forget the Zimas.

:toofunny::rofl:

They forgot to add:

Invite over you're three friends that claim to be Cardinal fans thier entire lives, but only own one of two jerseys, Fitzgerald or Lienart...and have no idea who Pat Tillman is.

realdeal
01-27-2009, 12:15 PM
You forgot # 7

Give each other a reach around during the half time show.:laughing:

Stillers33
01-27-2009, 12:38 PM
haha nice!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-27-2009, 12:43 PM
ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS????

“Super Bowl parties draw a lot of people who are just sort of peripherally interested in sports. There are things you can do to draw them into the game, too,” she says.

Paint each other’s fingernails. “Some people are going to make fun of this, but when I did my book tour, we went to sports bars, and I hired manicurists to give team-color manicures. It was so fun, we even had guys doing it,” says Boeke.

Create a do-it-yourself nail-painting station away from the TV area, and stock it with team colors picked up at the drugstore.

“It becomes a way for people to be silly and show their spirit, and the gossip time it creates brings out that juicier side of sports — the drama on the field and off the field,” says Boeke.
OH...a Tom Brady theme...:sissies:

Other ideas to create a party vibe:

• Ask guests to come dressed in team colors. “It’s a cheap, easy way to create instant ambience,” says Wulfert.
:....so much for my "formal wear" Super Bowl party...:doh:

“For you guys out in Arizona, I say don’t hold back. Go for it 110 percent and make your party an extravaganza,” says Erica Boeke, co-author of the book “GameFace: The Kick-Ass Guide for Women Who Love Pro Sports

For you guys who ARE NOT gay.......never...EVER,,, call your party an "extravaganza".:cya:

westcoastransplant
01-27-2009, 12:50 PM
I always thought that for a propper Super Bowl party, you had to have planty of meat to grill, a couple different styles of wings, and enough beer to make you late for work the next day. I didn't know you had to make it an extravaganza.

shevdog
01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Crap, I've been doing it wrong all these years! LOL!

SteelersinCA
01-27-2009, 01:05 PM
I always thought that for a propper Super Bowl party, you had to have planty of meat to grill, a couple different styles of wings, and enough beer to make you late for work the next day. I didn't know you had to make it an extravaganza.

more beer??? :noidea:

7SteelGal43
01-27-2009, 02:44 PM
You forgot # 7

Give each other a reach around during the half time show.:laughing:

ok, that what put me over the edge, i laughed out loud. :rofl:

realdeal
01-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks SteelGal! At least someone appreciates my 7th grade humor.:laughing:

Pentheon
01-27-2009, 03:15 PM
haha #5s the best

TheSteelCurtain
01-27-2009, 05:35 PM
8. Make sure you hit the tanning bed before hand, noone wants to see your pail skin against the blood soaked red jerseys of your beloved redbirds.

9. Get some shots for halftime. Like Goldenshlager, Apple Pucker, or Blowjobs.

10. Make sure you stock plenty of tissues and plastic bags so you can wipe the tears from your eyes when your team loses and plastic bags to load up all your cardinals gear and stick it in the attic. And remember youll get another chance in 61 years

SteelCityMom
01-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Be sure to serve Appletinis as well (light on the tini!).

WTH kind of party is that anyhow? Doing nails??? Seriously? I like to get my nails done and stuff, but during the SB lol. That's the time to drink lots of beer, have a few shots and eat a ton of sloppy food. Roethlisweinies FTW!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qDZsvvCc9uQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qDZsvvCc9uQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Billscarnage
01-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Geez, I didn't realize there were this many rednecks in SW PA...

section514
01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Geez, I didn't realize there were this many rednecks in SW PA...

looks like this tough guy troll is banned.....
http://www.janbrett.com/images/mobile_troll.jpg

IAWarnerFan
01-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm just imagining the disappointment when the Cardinals are actually able to keep the game close! :flap:

PisnNapalm
01-27-2009, 07:17 PM
That article is one of the funniest things I've read. A nail painting station..? Really? It's about football, not your friggin fingernails. Pansies.

IAWarnerFan
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Party! Party! Party! I just love Partys! :thumbsup:

TampaSteelerFan
01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Hilarious...these guys are toast!

4xSBChamps
01-27-2009, 07:47 PM
And remember youll get another chance in 61 years

..... now 'at's funny right'ere.....

http://negative99.com/images/larry1.jpg

an' I don't care WHO ya-ar!

SteelTalons
01-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Newspaper in AZ reports on how to throw a Super Bowl Party....

Read the Story Here (http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/134548)

1 - Make sure to have a football pool so that you don't get bored when you're team is getting its ass kicked in the 1st quarter.

2 - Get a manicure. Nothing says you're a dyed in the wool football killing machine than perfectly clipped and colored finger nails.

3 - Test each other's knowledge. Clearly knowing your team's QB, WR, and #1 pick from last year's draft will give you the insight to comment insightfully on the omaha snap count, or the skinny post fly route.

4 - Throw a football to each other. You'll make a fleeting connection with the warriors on the gridiron, knowing what its like to hold the leather in your palm. Until you break your nail of course, then it's back to the quiz.

5 - Create an atmosphere with balloons, confetti, foam footballs, and chips. Little kids like birthday parties at Chuck-E-Cheese because the clowns give you balloons. Why not party like clowns. It helps to build a facade of true fans.

6 - Food. Do what you always do with football games... order sushi.

That... is so, so wrong. The football gods are NOT gonna like that. :chuckle:

PGH_Futbol
01-27-2009, 08:47 PM
When I first read this, I laughed and thought it was satire... but I've lived out west. they ain't kidding...

quadruple yoi
01-27-2009, 09:33 PM
i am now offically embarassed to say i live here. and in the east valley to boot. :banging:

HometownGal
01-27-2009, 09:50 PM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/images/uploads/earlyjune2008/jennifers_clowns.jpg

Hey - isn't that Edge top right? :chuckle:

markymarc
01-28-2009, 07:00 AM
That was a pretty funny article. You need humor during Super Bowl week too :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2009, 07:18 AM
I'm just imagining the disappointment when the Cardinals are actually able to keep the game close! :flap:

Uh...yeah.

Nothing puts the damper on a good "nail polishing extravaganza" like a close football game.