01-27-2009, 12:03 PM
so who all is playing hookey from school or work today to watch? :tt02:

Cordlisberger
01-27-2009, 12:05 PM
watching at work with the office door shut
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

CanadianSteel
01-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Picked the right week to be recovering from knee surgery so its basically NFL Network 24/7 in my house...

stillers4me
01-27-2009, 12:13 PM
We got 5 inches of snow and the doc canceled patients today......... Serius radio online is coming through my speakers right now! They are interviewing our guys!

GutterflowerSteel
01-27-2009, 12:17 PM
It snowed here too and I'm taking a Snow Day. I'm watching NFL Network (Deion just finished interviewing James Harrison) and they're talking to Farrior now. I've got my Sirius going online, too :tt02:

I'm recording everything :thumbsup:

KeiselPower99
01-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Im watching NFL Network. I like the gold hats they are wearing.

Cordlisberger
01-27-2009, 12:27 PM
All the Guys seem to ready, calm and having fun

Kvnfaber
01-27-2009, 12:34 PM
McFadden vs. DRC dance off! They are letting them both dance for the camera, lol.

drizze99
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I am listening to the Sirius broadcast at work

tony hipchest
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
i think polamalu is taking the fines and didnt even show up. :hunch:

has he been seen or heard from?

Cordlisberger
01-27-2009, 12:57 PM

He was there early on I saw him

The Duke
01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
I think I saw troy before....

Is it just me or did Casey looked hungry?

SteelersinCA
01-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah he did, haha, I thought the same thing.

stillers4me
01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
They just interviewed Troy and Ryan on Serius.

tony hipchest
01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
sirius radio coverage = 10X better than nfl network's.

didnt see troy on tv but he stopped by to talk with schein and riggins.

TheSteelCurtain
01-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah Troy was On. Ryan clark called deon out for saying hit was illegal on Willis. Deon didnt say it was and told Ryan Clark he put Mcgahee in the Ice Cream Truck.

Harrison joked about not being a fan of the scheme for the game cause he has to drop back in coverage more. Joked he will need 3 picks and a TD to win the MVP.

They asked Hines about his knee and he poured Gatorade on it and said it needed hydrated haha.

Casey Hampton said he is one of the best 3 dancers on the team.

Fire Haley
01-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Cool stuff

All the O-line wearing Dawson's #63 jersey for a pic

Jeff Reed's hair - "Frosty"

Starks - "I want to be in Pittsburgh next year, BUT...."

Bye Max

Mooch is the best roving reporter they got.

I've never seen Harrison smile so much.

A Tony Hills and Capizzi sighting!

Lord Byron checking out the butt of that chick measuring his biceps was funny

KeiselPower99
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
I enjoyed it and from the way the players acted they did as well. I think from the way Max sounded he is gone. I hope we can convince him otherwise. I think he is in Tomlins doghouse with a few other Cowher guys(Anthony Smith) and for some reason cant get out.

Hines4ever
01-27-2009, 02:11 PM

He was on yesterday....in true Troy fashion.....humble and reserved!:tt02:

CanadianSteel
01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
All the Steeler interviews the guys seemed relaxed and also confident. No 'Peezy" moments from Media day. I hope they play as relaxed and confident as the sounded today and kick some serious butt... cardinals are definately the media's sexy pick this year...

MACH1
01-27-2009, 05:09 PM
LMAO....Hines jumps up on the set and they start interviewing his knee. It said it was ready to play.:toofunny:

stillers4me
01-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I just watched all the interviews on NFL.com. Me so proud! :tt03:

7SteelGal43
01-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Max didn't sound to me like he expected to be gone, he just sounded like "we won't know til we sit down to talk after the Bowl"
However, did any of you pick up on James sounding like he wasn't happy with the way the Steelers were "putting his talents to use" ? Whatever the Steelers are doin, it put him in the position to be defensive POY, so I'd stick with the Steelers plan and keep my mouth shut. Do you guys think that's the kinda thing that'll ge ya called to the front offices quick ? and PS: don't get me wrong, I love Harrison, I hope he's with the Steelers for many many years to come. He's a monster, glad he's OUR monster

Fire Haley
01-27-2009, 06:48 PM
I think Harrison was trying to joke around with the media - it didn't come off so good.

Avoid LLoyd1975
01-27-2009, 07:06 PM
I can't get in. The website appears to be too full and directed me to the waiting room.

KeiselPower99
01-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Max didn't sound to me like he expected to be gone, he just sounded like "we won't know til we sit down to talk after the Bowl"
However, did any of you pick up on James sounding like he wasn't happy with the way the Steelers were "putting his talents to use" ? Whatever the Steelers are doin, it put him in the position to be defensive POY, so I'd stick with the Steelers plan and keep my mouth shut. Do you guys think that's the kinda thing that'll ge ya called to the front offices quick ? and PS: don't get me wrong, I love Harrison, I hope he's with the Steelers for many many years to come. He's a monster, glad he's OUR monster

It was meant to be funny but he is so intense it didnt come off that way.

HughC
01-27-2009, 09:13 PM

The media spent most of their time asking him about his hair.

Please, can we get rid of E!, Telemundo, TMZ, and all the other "interviewers" that are more interested in getting their own face on camera than asking a question to a player they never heard of, playing a sport they don't watch?

4xSBChamps
01-27-2009, 09:29 PM
..... did any of you pick up on James sounding like he wasn't happy with the way the Steelers were "putting his talents to use" ? Whatever the Steelers are doin, it put him in the position to be defensive POY, so I'd stick with the Steelers plan and keep my mouth shut. Do you guys think that's the kinda thing that'll ge ya called to the front offices quick ? and PS: don't get me wrong, I love Harrison, I hope he's with the Steelers for many many years to come. He's a monster, glad he's OUR monster

according to what I read in the Tampa Tribune this morning, Harrison is of the opinion that LeBeau's scheme against the Cardinals will have him dropping-off, into coverage more than usual, and that he (Harrison) would prefer pinning his ears back, and going-after Warner more-often:
it didn't sound like much to me.

:wave:

markymarc
01-28-2009, 07:34 AM
All the Steeler interviews the guys seemed relaxed and also confident.

Yes they did and I thought it was great to see. And I am sure the defense is tired of hearing about the high powered Cardinals offense.

7SteelGal43
01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
according to what I read in the Tampa Tribune this morning, Harrison is of the opinion that LeBeau's scheme against the Cardinals will have him dropping-off, into coverage more than usual, and that he (Harrison) would prefer pinning his ears back, and going-after Warner more-often:
it didn't sound like much to me.

:wave:

Awesome, thanks for puttin' that to rest for me. Was hopin it was simple as that :tt03:

stlrz fan
01-28-2009, 11:58 AM
I think Harrison was trying to joke around with the media - it didn't come off so good.

Dieon just pushed and pushed with HArrison until he got something. He is so uncomfortable in that kind of situation. I also think he appreciates his situation and wouldn't actually second guess coaching and mean it.