PDA

View Full Version : How much credence do you give "fate"????

Hines4ever
01-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Just curious.....In 2005, I really felt in my heart it was fate that the Steelers won their
5th ring..... 6th seed.....Jerome's journey home...etc.
Guess what I am trying to say is that the "feel good"/"fate" type of stories seem to be on the cardinals side.....kinda bumming me out a little....ok, a lot.....
Thoughts?

crosby87penguins
01-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Pfft... Tampa Bay Rays were also "feel good/fate" but they didn't do so well in the world series.

stlrz fan
01-27-2009, 02:06 PM
How is first team to Six Championships not a fate/feel good story. What makes this an even better story is the Rooney family and history being made (Again) by such a class organization.

BlastFurnace
01-27-2009, 02:25 PM
I don't believe in Fate at all. I believe in doing your best and seeing where the chips fall.

This game is about beating the man in front of you. Nothing more, nothing less.

4xSBChamps
01-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't believe in Fate at all. I believe in doing your best and seeing where the chips fall.

This game is about beating the man in front of you. Nothing more, nothing less.

+ tax

'fate' never made a tackle, blocked a defender, or caught a pass

Steelers
01-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Winning number six for MYRON COPE would have me feeling pretty good. :)

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/dr_z/02/29/mailbag/t1-cope2.jpg

memphissteelergirl
01-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Just curious.....In 2005, I really felt in my heart it was fate that the Steelers won their
5th ring..... 6th seed.....Jerome's journey home...etc.
Guess what I am trying to say is that the "feel good"/"fate" type of stories seem to be on the cardinals side.....kinda bumming me out a little....ok, a lot.....
Thoughts?

I can see where that would concern you...there are a few similarities. But consider this:

The Cards aren't a wild card team like the '05 Steelers were...they won their division.
The Seahawks were riding a high as well...they were the "it" team, like the Cardinals seem to be right now, mostly because of their high-flying offense, which-let's face it-the media just eats up (see: Brady/Moss, Romo/Me-O,)

But it comes down to desire and preparation, and we won't know until Sunday who wanted it more and who was better prepared.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-27-2009, 02:50 PM
I believe in kickin the Cardinals asses.... and bringin home another trophy :tt02:

Hines4ever
01-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Winning number six for MYRON COPE would have me feeling pretty good. :)

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/writers/dr_z/02/29/mailbag/t1-cope2.jpg

That is a great feel good story!!!!!!!!:tt02:

Hines4ever
01-27-2009, 02:58 PM
I can see where that would concern you...there are a few similarities. But consider this:

The Cards aren't a wild card team like the '05 Steelers were...they won their division.
The Seahawks were riding a high as well...they were the "it" team, like the Cardinals seem to be right now, mostly because of their high-flying offense, which-let's face it-the media just eats up (see: Brady/Moss, Romo/Me-O,)

But it comes down to desire and preparation, and we won't know until Sunday who wanted it more and who was better prepared.

Great points and it definately helped.....Much to my dismay, I do tend to get caught up in the media BS..... especially now....but it's like a car wreck.....I don't wanna watch....but can't stop.....
:noidea:

SuperSteelers
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Great points and it definately helped.....Much to my dismay, I do tend to get caught up in the media BS..... especially now....but it's like a car wreck.....I don't wanna watch....but can't stop.....
:noidea:

I'm with 'ya Hines... I've had the radio on at work listening to 1250, and it's the same garbage over and over (exept for Stan & Guy and the Drive), but I can't seen to shut it off.

I remember the same hype around the Seahawks for Superbowl XL. The reasonable part of me tells me that we should have feared the Hawks more than the Cards.. they were a better team than Arizona is today. But with all this hype it's hard to remain unswayed.

You mention fate... look at our quarterback. Ben is a winner. Ben is the reason we are here. Ben will NOT have the dismal performance he had in XL. He did just enough in that game to not lose it, but this time.. he will win it for us. He will be the MVP. How's that for fate?

I just can't see the Steelers losing this one. Just can't see it.

Hines4ever
01-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm with 'ya Hines... I've had the radio on at work listening to 1250, and it's the same garbage over and over (exept for Stan & Guy and the Drive), but I can't seen to shut it off.

I remember the same hype around the Seahawks for Superbowl XL. The reasonable part of me tells me that we should have feared the Hawks more than the Cards.. they were a better team than Arizona is today. But with all this hype it's hard to remain unswayed.

You mention fate... look at our quarterback. Ben is a winner. Ben is the reason we are here. Ben will NOT have the dismal performance he had in XL. He did just enough in that game to not lose it, but this time.. he will win it for us. He will be the MVP. How's that for fate?

I just can't see the Steelers losing this one. Just can't see it.

Thanks for the validation and insight.....feeling better already!!!!!
LOVE IT......Ben is a winner. Ben is the reason we are here. Ben will NOT have the dismal performance he had in XL. He did just enough in that game to not lose it, but this time.. he will win it for us. He will be the MVP. How's that for fate?
:applaudit: