PDA

View Full Version : #24

7/39/43
01-27-2009, 04:18 PM
most of you know I don't care for the guy.
If we lose it will because of him.
Fitzgerald /taylor coverage does not make me feel comfortable at all:banging::banging::banging:
I really hope he does great and I eat my words
OK let me have it:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::drink ::drink::drink::drink:

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
01-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Ike Taylor Gone Be Ju5t Fine He Was Comfortable 2day At Media Day Wen Deon Was InterViewn Him Ike Knows wat He Is Up Aganist Come Superbowl Time And Im Sure He Will HAndle Larry Just Fine!

The Duke
01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
If we lose it will because of him

yeah, nevermind the other 52 players on the team :rolleyes:

Oh believe me, you will. You may have called ike a bum in the past, but I think you'll have a different opinion on him after sunday :drink:

westcoastransplant
01-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm sure Taylor will have help all day with Fitz. Wether it is a roving safety or underneath help from a linebacker. The cool thing over the past few games is that we've been able to get pressure rushing 3-4 and dropping everyone else. I think we can do the same to Warner.

43Hitman
01-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Fitzgerald /taylor coverage does not make me feel comfortable at all:banging::banging::banging:
OK let me have it:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::drink ::drink::drink::drink:

You do realize this is a TEAM game right? Do you only come around to bash Ike? Shit man, it's bad enough we got asshats from the Cardinals board doubting our defense. So you decide to validate those tools. Real nice, real nice. Maybe you should just wear red and white for this upcoming game. We need confidence this week not doubters...:banging:

tyler289
01-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Ike will rarely be in one-on-one coverage. I imagine Troy or Clark will be helping over the top.

Borski
01-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Ike Taylor Gone Be Ju5t Fine He Was Comfortable 2day At Media Day Wen Deon Was InterViewn Him Ike Knows wat He Is Up Aganist Come Superbowl Time And Im Sure He Will HAndle Larry Just Fine!

? :noidea:

millwalldavey
01-27-2009, 05:31 PM
I admit that I am not his biggest fan and am quite concered about this as well.

Again. The game this matchup will not make.

tony hipchest
01-27-2009, 05:34 PM
:

no, i didnt know that. but enjoy it, because i really dont care who you do or do not care for.

ikes play speaks for itself. the knowledgable fans know that.

JPSEMP
01-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Ike can cover anyone period. He sometimes doesn't play the ball well but he rarely blows coverage. I can only think of one instance where he was flat-out burnt, a few years back against the Colts, Harrison torched him on like the first play of the game. The list of NFL corners I would rather have up against Fitz is very short.

ShutDown24
01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Ike is only in one on one coverage certain for the majority of the game in certain games... People don't seem to understand that just because a player starts out covering a receiver, that doesn't mean he'll be on him the entire play. Almost all secondary break downs come in zone coverage when someone plays the wrong scheme. When a corner gets beat in man coverage, knowledgeable football minds can tell. And it doesn't happen to Ike often.

Muppet13
01-27-2009, 06:06 PM
1 player doesn't make the whole team. The Super Bowl is NOT a 1 man show.

SC Steeler Steve
01-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Ike can cover anyone period. He sometimes doesn't play the ball well but he rarely blows coverage. I can only think of one instance where he was flat-out burnt, a few years back against the Colts, Harrison torched him on like the first play of the game. The list of NFL corners I would rather have up against Fitz is very short.

If this is the same play I am thinking of it wasnt Harrison that torched him it was Mannings play fake. And we went on to win the SB that year beating the colts and Seahawks with Ike Taylor.

HometownGal
01-27-2009, 06:14 PM
WTF is it with you negative Neds??? Are you a fan of the TEAM or aren't you? I have absolutely NO problem with Ike and if anyone can put the lasso on Fitz, it's #24. Sure he's gonna give him 5-10 yards here and there, but he isn't going to let him get loose downfield where he is most dangerous. Not gonna happen on his watch - not this game.

Instead of finding tidbits to B & M about with our Steelers headed into the big dance, why not get behind the team you claim to support?

devilsdancefloor
01-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Ike is a gamer for sure! He has shut down some really good recievers this year!! And if it was not for his good coverage i would bet that harrison and woodley would not have the sack numbers they do. It isnt just ike it is the whole secondary! The secondary is playing a hell of alot better under coach T.I personaly beleive Ike doenst get teh reconition he deserves. He is every bit as good as Champ Bailey or any other shut down corner. Id like to know who you would like in his place?
:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

The Duke
01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
not like it matters or anything but....

Taylor may go to Pro Bowl

Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor has been named an alternate to the Pro Bowl, which will be played a week after the Super Bowl.

Troy Polamalu, James Harrison and James Farrior are already on the AFC Pro Bowl team, and Taylor could join his teammates in Hawaii as an injury replacement.

Taylor has never played in the Pro Bowl.

"It looks good on your resume but I got over it, Taylor said. "I'd rather be a Super Bowl corner than a Pro Bowl corner."

Taylor, who led Steelers cornerbacks with 75 tackles and was first on the team with 14 passes defended during the regular season, is expected to play opposite Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald in Super Bowl XLIII.

Taylor will be making his second Super Bowl start. He had a key interception in the Steelers' 21-10 win against Seattle in Super Bowl XL.

"I feel like my best years are ahead of me,'" said Taylor, 28.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_608934.html

I've always said, if there's a man that deserves a pro bowl recognition, it's Ike Taylor

Swaggin!! :tt03:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-27-2009, 07:32 PM
"SWAGGIN'....!!!!!!!"

jjpro11
01-27-2009, 07:38 PM
why the hell do you hate ike so much? he is by far the best corner we have had since woodson.. did you really enjoy the washington-scott days?

and as far as the pro bowl.. are Nnamdi Asomugha, Darrelle Revis, and Cortland Finnegan all healthy? we need one of them to skip out. i'd love to see ike go.

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-27-2009, 09:15 PM
why the hell do you hate ike so much? he is by far the best corner we have had since woodson.. did you really enjoy the washington-scott days?

and as far as the pro bowl.. are Nnamdi Asomugha, Darrelle Revis, and Cortland Finnegan all healthy? we need one of them to skip out. i'd love to see ike go.

Yeah I'm with you brother. I've been pissed at Ike here and there for stupid penaltys but I believe in him and I think we have a gameplan to shut down Fitz and Warner.

C'mon people lets stay positive HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO:tt02:

warddj86
01-27-2009, 09:24 PM

In my opinion there are two types of diehrd Steeler fans: those who like Ike Taylor, and those who don't, me and my dad both think he gets burned, while our neighbor loves the guy, so you will hear many different views

tony hipchest
01-27-2009, 09:35 PM
yep. theres definitely 2 types of die-hard steelerfans.

those who will stand behind and support the role players as if they were stars.

and those who will bash the stars for a simple mistake, as if they were role players.

personally, i enjoy watching the role players DEVELOP into stars and realize it doesnt happen overnight.

(harrison, taylor, townsend, hope, keisel, foote, ward, parker, etc...)

markymarc
01-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Just like the other 52 players Ike will be ready to perform on Sunday.

7/39/43
01-28-2009, 08:20 AM
I support almost all the team except for #24 and #27 just something about them 2 I couldn't get behind them at all
now the rest no problem!

HometownGal
01-28-2009, 08:28 AM
I support almost all the team except for #24 and #27 just something about them 2 I couldn't get behind them at all
now the rest no problem!

Then you aren't a fan of the TEAM. Plain and simple.

cubanstogie
01-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Do you negative phucs know how hard it is to play CB. Ike has given up 2 td's this year, and a couple of penalties which turned into a td, so we say 3 or4 td's. I don't have to reiterate that it was against some of the best receivers in league. Ike can't catch, but he sure can cover. I don't know what you guys base the dislike on, play , attitude or because he drops an easy pic occasionally. Pretty soon even Harrison or Hines is going to get bashed by some here. Nothing is sacred, I should say no one.

nicesteel4life
01-28-2009, 08:56 AM
IKE for PRESIDENT!
Nay Sayers really blow!
Well all I know is OUR Defense is ranked #1
and if #24 & #27 were getting burned all the time we would be sitting home....Get a grip!
and you call yourself Steelers Fans...Sounds like your smearing shit so technically you are now a Browns fan, be gone trolls of a diffrent color.....GO STEELERS!

steelerchad
01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
I know Fitz is being touted as the best receiver in the league right now. Don't get me wrong, he is a great receiver. He is definately one of the best in the league, but not many people were saying this until his great 3 game playoff run.

On the other hand, our D and specifically pass D has been doing it all year. #1 D overall, and by far #1 against the pass at 156 yds/game. All this while going against a tough schedule and having a 12-4 record. The 12-4 record means that many teams were throwing the ball in the 4th Quarter as they were behind and our D still had phenominal #'s.

In addition, we have faced some of the top passing combos in the league.
Pats- Welker-Moss.
Dallas- Romo, TO, Whitten,
SD- Rivers, Jackson.
Colts- Manning, Wayne, Harrison.
Houston- Andre Johnson.

Nobody has had a big day passing against us and I don't expect any different in the SB. They will make some plays and get some yards, but our D will hold as it has all year.

shevdog
01-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Wow, someone has issues with Ike! IN Super Bowl XL, I'd understand, since he was a young buck. Even so, Ikey did get that INT. And Ike has had a great season and post season. Maybe last year I could complain about the secondary, yet without a doubt they have tightened up to be the best in the league.

Guess everyone can have their own opinions, especially since we have too much time to throw them around.

7/39/43
01-28-2009, 05:05 PM
:pissed:Do you negative phucs know how hard it is to play CB. Ike has given up 2 td's this year, and a couple of penalties which turned into a td, so we say 3 or4 td's. I don't have to reiterate that it was against some of the best receivers in league. Ike can't catch, but he sure can cover. I don't know what you guys base the dislike on, play , attitude or because he drops an easy pic occasionally. Pretty soon even Harrison or Hines is going to get bashed by some here. Nothing is sacred, I should say no one.

some real asses on here
just because I am entiltled to opinion or do I need your permission
Like you like the whole team ?

hometowngal
that's bull
steeler mailbox , 50" steeler emblem on the garage for all naysayers to see
steeler stuff althrough the house been a fan since I can remember
probably longer tthan most of the punks on here.

I'd of painted the house Black and Gold but the wife said no!

43Hitman
01-28-2009, 05:25 PM
:pissed:

some real asses on here

hometowngal
that's bull

You're the ass that started a hate thread about Ike...Am I wrong? Of all the things to talk about this week, this is the only thing you could think of. :coffee:

7/39/43
01-28-2009, 05:53 PM
You're the ass that started a hate thread about Ike...Am I wrong? Of all the things to talk about this week, this is the only thing you could think of. :coffee:

Yeah your right! a real genious I guess! aren't you?
oh well
It would not of mattered if it was this week or the first week of training camp
Some of these typing fools thinks they are better and smarter on football than anyone.
so deal with it

43Hitman
01-28-2009, 06:01 PM
oh well
Some of these typing fools thinks they are better and smarter on football than anyone.
so deal with it

Sometimes the truth hurts.. Love your spelling by the way. And to be quite honest, you asked for it by posting an "I Hate Ike" thread. What did you expect? Don't expect rose petals at your feet when you dog our best CB during SuperBowl week.:coffee:

LukesDad88
01-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I like Ike, but Fitzgerald is a different type of receiver altogether than those standouts that he's shut down. What stands out about Fitzgerald is his timing on going up for the ball. That's always been one of Ike's soft spots. I'd be tempted to put McFadden )with help from Clark) on Fitzgerald, and Ike on Boldin, where Ike's coverage skills could come into better use.

The big thing here is to remember that Fitzgerald will make his catches. We just need to take away the YAC. that's where they've been most dangerous.

BigBrian7
01-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Come on people. Ike covers the best receiver on every team week in and week out. They played many teams with great receivers this year and he has shut them down. Fitzgerald is a great player but isn't the fastest receiver or even close. He can out jump you but if you don't give him the space to make an adjustment on the ball he isn't as effective.

devilsdancefloor
01-28-2009, 06:30 PM

some real asses on here

hometowngal
that's bull

Why not calm down and stop calling folks PUNKS and realize that your football knowledge is NOT all knowing. Ike has done a DAMN good job this year! i think it is funny as hell you paint a bulleye on yourself and cant understand why folks are upset at you!:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: also realize there are some fans here that have replied to your post that have alot of time cheering for the Black and gold! So come down off your pedestal and join us!:thumbsup::tt03::tt03:

oh well
so deal with it

Calling people fools is wrong especially when you are playing the part of court jester! It is almost like your opinion should over ride all of ours cause you feel we havent been fans as long as you! personally i have been a steelers fan for 3 decades and i am sure some surpass my time as a fan! so lets agree they are the greatest football team ever and leave it at that! they are inthe superbowl after all lets enjoy it!:drink:

HERE WE GO STEELRS HERE WE GO!!!!!

lilyoder6
01-28-2009, 06:38 PM
ike has covered some of the best wr's in the game this yr.. moss, owens,t.j/85, wayne... how can u say he is not good?

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Ike has a coming out party in just a few days. I'm happy to be one of the guys that will be able to say "Toldya so!" to the haters.

tony hipchest
01-28-2009, 06:48 PM

:huh:

some real asses on here

!

you asked for it. why so pissed?

LukesDad88
01-28-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm not saying Ike isn't great. It's a question of matchups. Larry is a different type of receiver than the others Ike's faced. Whether Ike covers him or not, I think Fitzgerald's good for 6-8 catches. I'd rather have Ike keeping Boldin from adding on an additional 8-10 catches. If we can limit the Cards to just being Fitzgerald and Warner, and stop Fitzgeralds YAC, then we've won. In order to do that, Boldin needs to be stopped. Ike's the best man for that job.

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Jesus, let's keep this in perspective! Fitz is not 8 feet tall and doesn't run a 2.5 40. Ike isn't 5'4" and slow.

Ike has this. We're good.