PDA

View Full Version : Caronlina Panthers Revoking PSL's for fans not buying tickets

XxKnightxX
01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=511383

Posted: January 27, 2009
Sporting News staff reports

The Carolina Panthers are revoking personal seat licenses from fans that did not purchase playoff tickets, the Charlotte Observer reports.

Season-ticket holders are required to buy playoff tickets as part of the plan, but some PSL owners who received termination letters this week are still surprised.

"It's a lot of money for some people," Panthers PSL owner Mike Stewart, who had tickets to the Panthers' playoff game against Arizona but could not sell them, told the newspaper. "I don't agree with it, but I would hope the Panthers would have some consideration as regards to the economy. Some people are suffering right now and some people maybe didn't have the money."

The notice sent out by the Panthers stated: "Due to your past support, the Carolina Panthers, under no legal obligation, hereby offer you the opportunity to reinstate your account by paying a reinstatement fee." The fee amount is determined by the price of the ticket.

The Observer reports the Panthers aren't releasing the total number of people losing their PSLs, but the team did say the number is comparable to revocations in previous years with playoff games.

ProFootballTalk.com's Mike Florio, a Sporting News contributor, suggests that "playoff tickets are a bonus, one that most PSL owners will only be too happy to buy, but a bonus shouldn't be a requirement."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a bunch of Scumbags the panthers FO are. Way to support the Hard working fans with an 8.7% drop in jobs. Nothing but classless scum trying to reap profits out of people and showing no support. I can see some fans starting to look for some new teams.

jev7452
01-27-2009, 05:34 PM
thats what ive been saying all along!! i cant stand the franchise and people down here in charlotte and wilmington always give me a hard time for being a steelers fan despite the fact that i was born and raised in erie, pa because i dont support the panthers.. they are the definition of a wine and cheese crowd and all the franchise cares about is making money.. absolutely classless

Steeler in Carolina
01-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey Jev, good to see another person from Wilmington on the board.:hatsoff:

KeiselPower99
01-27-2009, 07:37 PM
It was in the contract that they had to or the PSL would be revoked. But it is a prickish thing to do.

steelreserve
01-27-2009, 11:41 PM
That's about the most retarded, slimeball move I've ever heard of. What a shitty way to treat your fans. I hope terrorists blow up their stadium this offseason; it would serve them right.

I mean, what were they worried about anyway? That if the season ticket holders didn't buy the playoff seats, nobody else would and they'd sit empty? We aren't talking about the Cardinals here.