PDA

View Full Version : Please Shoot Me Now.

Preacher
01-27-2009, 10:01 PM
So I have been paying a whole lot of attention to the Steelers. Also been paying attention to the church and getting my house ready for adoption...

. . . as a result, I looked at the syllabus today for a Ph.D. class I am taking. :doh:

I have to have 2 books and an article (90 pages) read by next Monday AND a 10 page review of the article written.

I am in SO deep of a whole that I think I can see the sun from my feet. . .

Muppet13
01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Try to get all your work done before the super bowl so you can enjoy it!

hindes204
01-27-2009, 10:06 PM
So I have been paying a whole lot of attention to the Steelers. Also been paying attention to the church and getting my house ready for adoption...

. . . as a result, I looked at the syllabus today for a Ph.D. class I am taking. :doh:

I have to have 2 books and an article (90 pages) read by next Monday AND a 10 page review of the article written.

So instead of reading, you are on your computer messing around on SF...:chuckle:

JK Preacher....GOOD LUCK!!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
01-27-2009, 10:17 PM
i'm sure if you just explain the whole superbowl thing, they'll give you an extension.....:thumbsup:

Preacher
01-27-2009, 10:23 PM
i'm sure if you just explain the whole superbowl thing, they'll give you an extension.....:thumbsup:

:chuckle:

Actually, I just dropped the course. I am happy about it as it allows me to focus on rebuilding my Hebrew this semester.

devilsdancefloor
01-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Good luck!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-27-2009, 10:38 PM

I hear that. I am working on my pre-pharmacy stuff and it has piled up on me. First I was lazy, then I was sick, now I am buried. Amazing how that crap piles up. I have a Stats test the Monday after the superbowl, guess I can't celebrate too hard :drink::tt03::drink:

klick81
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM

Actually, I just dropped the course. I am happy about it as it allows me to focus on rebuilding my Hebrew this semester.

Yeah...your Hebrew....riiiiiiiight...

Preacher just dropped a PhD class to watch the Steelers play in the Superbowl!!! :applaudit:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
01-27-2009, 11:35 PM
GIT R DONE IN BROKEN DOWN PIECES!!!

Preacher
01-27-2009, 11:36 PM
I hear that. I am working on my pre-pharmacy stuff and it has piled up on me. First I was lazy, then I was sick, now I am buried. Amazing how that crap piles up. I have a Stats test the Monday after the superbowl, guess I can't celebrate too hard :drink::tt03::drink:

I hear you . . . a little laziness and a badly timed sickness plus a good SB run causes some serious problems.

You doing a D.Pharm? I have a D.Min which is the pastoral equivalent. Its good hard work, but worth it in the end.

Preacher
01-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah...your Hebrew....riiiiiiiight...

Preacher just dropped a PhD class to watch the Steelers play in the Superbowl!!! :applaudit:

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

:chuckle::chuckle:

Gotta admit, I wanted to enjoy myself a bit this week too!

MasterOfPuppets
01-28-2009, 04:06 AM
:chuckle::chuckle:

Gotta admit, I wanted to enjoy myself a bit this week too!your story for some reason invokes thoughts about a grasshopper and ants.......:tap:

IronFan
01-28-2009, 08:18 AM
My new role model. In the spirit of Preacher, I'm quiting my job this afternoon.

SteelersMongol
01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm skipping the class.

millwalldavey
01-28-2009, 11:34 AM
So... should we call you Doc? Preach? Doc Preach?

I think I'm starting min in about a year.

Preacher
01-28-2009, 05:15 PM
So... should we call you Doc? Preach? Doc Preach?

I think I'm starting min in about a year.

If I was in a black church, the common title would be Reverend Doctor . .

Here. . . Just don't call me late for dinner!

preach is fine.

What are you planning on doing your doctorate in? What degree are you planning on getting?

Polamalu Princess
01-28-2009, 05:37 PM
:rofl:your story for some reason invokes thoughts about a grasshopper and ants.......:tap:

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Can't you just pay some kid to act as proxy?

C'mon, Preach, your fall-back positions need to commensurately improve along with your educational status! I expect a little more creativity!

XxKnightxX
01-28-2009, 06:33 PM

preach is fine.

What are you planning on doing your doctorate in? What degree are you planning on getting?

Well i got 2 chapters worth of testing for my Anatomy and physiology class and got to remember every damn bone in the skeleton including its detailed parts.

Im screwed lol, Im just too distracted on the Super Bowl.

millwalldavey
01-28-2009, 06:37 PM

preach is fine.

LATE FOR DINNER!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Well... I have BAs in Political Science, Communications and almost one in History. Masters is in Elementary Education. Probably one of the above.

Preacher
01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Can't you just pay some kid to act as proxy?

C'mon, Preach, your fall-back positions need to commensurately improve along with your educational status! I expect a little more creativity!

The seminars only have 4-12 people in them. So it would be a little hard to trick em.

Instead, I get to take only one class, since I don't plan on graduating anyways, it is ok, as I am going to transfer into a PhD. program.

So I get more free time to follow the draft and FA. More free time to prep for next semester, and a lot more free time to harangue the heathen like you! :rofl:

(I know you can feel the love!) BTW, good luck getting unstuck from your driveway... I read that thread. Thank goodness I live in CA.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-28-2009, 06:46 PM
I hear you . . . a little laziness and a badly timed sickness plus a good SB run causes some serious problems.

You doing a D.Pharm? I have a D.Min which is the pastoral equivalent. Its good hard work, but worth it in the end.

Yeah, thats what I am working on. Tough going, and I haven't gotten to the "REAL" stuff yet :banging:

By the way you are a bad influence on me... I dropped my online Stats class. I had a test on Monday, now I can celebrate:tt02::tt03::drink::tt03::tt02:

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Can't you create some kind of Preacher-proxy-robot or something?

Being stuck makes me stupid...

Preacher
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Can't you create some kind of Preacher-proxy-robot or something?

Being stuck makes me stupid...

:laughing:

Wish it were possible. I was really looking forward to the class as well. Oh well. I really do need the extra time this spring anyway.

I am sure you have tried the rocking technique? Put your car in gear and hit the gas. Then, let of the gas, as the car starts to rock back, put it in reverse and hit the gas again. The momentum rolls you back a bit more. Then as you stop, put the car back in first and hit the gas again going back teh other way. I have done it NUMERIOUS times when I have been stuck in snow.

Just make sure you don't shift until the engine has revved down, or you will destroy your tranny. (I find it easier to do it with an automatic, but you can do it with a stick shift too).

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Done all that. Traction control on and off. Rugs under the tires. Salt. Shovels. Sitting on the car. Pushing with another vehicle. All that stuff...

xfl2001fan
01-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Done all that. Traction control on and off. Rugs under the tires. Salt. Shovels. Sitting on the car. Pushing with another vehicle. All that stuff...

My car is fine getting in and out of our driveway...but my wife's van...She's stuck like a chuck right now. And we have like 5 doctor's appointments and such tomorrow that are likely to have to be rescheduled. They even had a snow day from work today. Good thing too, cuz I have had a pounding headache all day. I think the medical term is "stay-home-with-5-kidsitis". I could be wrong though. :flap:

revefsreleets
01-28-2009, 09:08 PM
My car is fine getting in and out of our driveway...but my wife's van...She's stuck like a chuck right now. And we have like 5 doctor's appointments and such tomorrow that are likely to have to be rescheduled. They even had a snow day from work today. Good thing too, cuz I have had a pounding headache all day. I think the medical term is "stay-home-with-5-kidsitis". I could be wrong though. :flap:

I feel trapped like a rat in a cage.

My girlfriend thinks this is some elaborate plan to escape her. She's wrong.

I actually WANT to go to work tomorrow.